ADO

Hello friends,

I am developing a .NET application using VB.NET which connects to Oracle 9i and inserts some data.I have done it using OLEDB I mean System.Data.OLEDB namespace and objects.Now my question is can I do the same thing using ADO like in classic ASP instead of OLEDB. If so could you pleae show me with a sample code to
create a connection object ,
command object and passing connection object to command object ,
execute the command and dispose the command object.
Thanks in advance
Tadak.
0
tadak

Passing boolean values to oracle function / procedure from C#.Net
Hi,  I dont know how to pass boolean values to oracle function / procedure arguments, could you please help me to know ?  Thank you, Sreedhar After spending lot of time on google, I understand C#.Net doest support PL/SQL boolean values. Thanks Sreedhar...

Does .NET map calls for ADO to ADO.NET?
Hello,We are trying to troubleshoot some DB problems from COM objects that call ADO. I heard that when ADO is loaded inside of a COM object by a .NET app, that .NET intercepts the call and re-maps those calls over to ADO.NET. This seems untrue to me, given the nature of ADO.NET being a totally separate technology.Does anyone know for sure whether this does or does not occur?The problem we are seeing is actually almost identical in symptoms to this:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/230101"FIX: Data Queries Sporadically Return Empty Recordsets" Literally, this is what...

Oracle Spatial support in Devart's ADO.NET Data Provider for Oracle [Edit]
dotConnect for oracle v. 7.3 http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle/ , ADO.NET Provider from Devart, includes support for Oracle Spatial in the projects, using Entity Framework. Devart Team constantly implements all the available Entity Framework innovations, and shortly after the introduction of DbGeometry and DbGeography classes in Entity Framework 5 has implemented support for Oracle Spatial in the Entity Framework provider for Oracle. Oracle MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY object type can now be mapped to DbGeometry and DbGeography classes. Now dotConnect for Oracle includes new versions of Devar...

ADO in VB6 vs ADO.NET in VB.NET
I am writing a database interface and I would like to know whether a VB6 interface using ADO or a VB.NET interface using ADO.NET would be faster in terms of just performing database operations. Is there an explanation for this, and what is the magnitude of the difference? Thanks in advance!...

ADO not ADO.NET
Hi, I have to connect to a db using adodb (which i select from the references). I have to retrieve the car models from the database and bind them to a listbox. I am not sure how to proceed and I can't find any articles on ADO with .net and data binding. Here is the code that i tried but it only retrieves the car model for the specified id. If I delete the id it doesn't work. Also it writes the car model in the listbox vertically such as: B M W CODE: Imports System.Data Imports ADODB Imports System.Data.OleDb Public Class listboxADO Inherits System.Web.UI...

ADO to ADO.NET
I'm an ASP programmer (VBScript) moving on to ASP.NET. So far I'm using:Microsoft Visual Studio 2003ASP.NET with C#I'm working on converting my code over to C#, from VBScript. Now, here is my code in VBScript (modified to better understand it, this is a edited ugly version):Function ExecuteSQL(sqlStatement)    ConnDriver = "Provider=SQLOLEDB; Data Source = " & dbIP & "; Initial Catalog = " & dbName & "; User Id = " & dbUser & "; Password=" & dbPassword     Set connTemp = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")    c...

ADO.NET Visual Studio 2005 Install Help!, ADO.NET Missing
 Hi everyoneI have a real annoying problem, I have installed Visual Studio 2005 with C#,C++,Web Applications.. Before I installed VS2005 I made sure I had all the .Net Download from 1.1 to 3.5 with the Service Packs, I also Installed a VS2005 Patch that was around 430mb. I have tried this on 3 computers, two of XP and 1 vista.I need ADO.NET Functionality, When I choose to create a Web Application in C#, I require the ADO.NET Entity Data Model as it will allow for a graphical interaction with a SQL db. However When I Choose Add New Item in Solution explorer there is no ENtity Mode...

How use unicode in Oracle with ADO.NET
I created one table in Oracle by statement : create table Test2 (id integer, Ten nvarchar2(50) ) and I write one application by C# to insert data into Oracle Database : OleDbConnection conn = new OleDbConnection("Provider=MSDAORA;Data Source=hbk;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=hbk;Password=hbk;Unicode=True;"); conn.Open(); OleDbCommand cmd = new OleDbCommand("insert into Test2(ID,Ten) values(10,N'Nguyễn thị hồng nhung')", conn); cmd.ExecuteNonQuery(); conn.Close(); I retrieved data that inserted by snip code: OleDbConnection conn = new OleDbConnection("Pro...

ADO.NET Oracle help needed!
I'm just starting with ADO.NET and ASP.NET. I have been working with ADO for a while now, but I seem to be stuck on ADO.NET. I don't understand why the following code brings back an error message saying "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: Dataset." and highlights the DA.Fill(DS,"grade") line, saying that is where the problem is. Can anyone help me figure this out? Most of my readings on ADO.NET talk about SQLserver...not exactly much help there. Thanks! Dim DS As DataSet Dim MyConnection As OleDBConnection Dim DA As New OleDBDataAdapter ...

Oracle Sequence Numbers in ADO.NET...
In TOAD I can do something like: CREATE SEQUENCE seq_instance_id;SET SERVEROUTPUT ONDECLARE x t_run_record.instance_id%TYPE;BEGIN   INSERT INTO T_RUN_RECORD   (instance_id, ae2e_key_id, rec_status_id, run_id ,user_id, status_note, rec_exists_yn, case_id_number, ponder, echid, ltmgr, pididid, scididid, target, design, version_num)   VALUES   (seq_instance_id.NEXTVAL, 11111, 3, 8, "TEST", "Test record inserted by me.", "Y", -99999, "BA1100NSTRING", "", "ID10T-FORM", "", "", "ADMIN", -99999, "")   RETURNING instance...

How To call Oracle function from ADO.NET?
How To call Oracle function from ADO.NET? The simple function takes 2 integer arguments and returns string. I want to call this function from my C# code. Thanks the sql would be select function(param1,param2) as result from dual; where function is your function, an param* are your two arguements. The result will come back as recordset("result"). Best not use result because it could quite easily be reserved word. Hi, Or you can use ExecuteNonQuery and access the return param directly. Example follows. Greg /* create or replace function myf...

ADO to ADO.NET help
Hi, I am converting application ASP to ASP.NET.What is the equivalent code in ADO.NET. For each F in RS.Fields FieldName = F.Name Next Thanks, Nate If it is forward only, then you can use datareader for more info on this, check below link Datareader on MSDN Hope it helps!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti...

Opinions about ADO and ADO.NET
Hi everyone again!!! I´m used to develope applications with ADO, but now with .NET to develope a Web Application and a Mobile Web Application, I don't know if I have to use ADO.NET or continue using ADO. What Disadvantages has ADO to built Mobile Applications? In ADO I use ACCESS to create the .mdb files, Can I use .mdb files with ADO.NET? Thanks for all!! Go to ADO.NET NOW ! don't be late and you can use access in ado.net ADO.NET VB.NET/C#/ASP.NET/Oracle Designer 6i DotNet4Arab.com Building a custom web control(vb.net) Well, Thanks for your opinion, but I have...

Need to get Oracle XML into ADO.net
Hello I am using the functions in Oracle to create XML resultsets in Stored Procedures. However, I need to understand how to return this information into ADO.net in the XML that Oracle has created? How would I do this? Hi, If your resultsets are actually in XMLType, you'll need to use Oracle's ODP 9204, as thats where XMLType was introduced. There are examples that install with the 9204 provider, located in D:\oracle\ora92\ODP.NET\samples\XML If you're using the MSODP, you'll need to get the data as CLOB/Varchar2 instead of XMLType, as the MS Provider doesnt support XMLT...

Web resources about - ADO - asp.net.oracle

ADO Den Haag - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
[ˈɑ.ləs doːr ˈu.fə.nɪŋ dɛn ˈɦaːχ] ), commonly known by the abbreviated name ADO Den Haag [ˈaː.do dɛn ˈɦaːχ] , is a Dutch football club from the ...

David Tennant and Catherine Tate star in Much Ado About Nothing - Available now from Digital Theatre ...
Watch online or download the full show to your desktop now at http://www.digitaltheatre.com. David Tennant and Catherine Tate appear together ...

Joss Whedon Much Ado About Nothing Twitter
Joss Whedon delivers a Shakespearean trailer, Twitter joy and cannibalism all in one day

Much Ado About Nothing
... modern-day reading of Shakespeare's romantic comedy, filmed in his own home with a cast comprised of alumni from his TV shows. Rate Much Ado ...

Canberra Repertory Society gives Much Ado about Nothing a 1920s twist
Shakespeare's reworked comedy transcends the ages with ease.

CBC Digital Archives - Much Ado About Christmas: Toys, Traditions & Fun - Lighthouse Santa
Relive Canada's history through CBC Radio and Television. This free site features thousands of radio and television clips from the archives of ...

Much Ado About Dacheng Dentons
Dentons’ loosely affiliated verein style likely played a large role in capturing the largest Chinese law firm.

Much Ado About...
Kerfuffle: A social imbroglio or brouhaha.

Much Ado About Smart Tags
Microsoft's proprietary Smart Tags: Boon or bane? Kaminski digs deep beneath the hype and paranoia in an extensive assessment of what Microsoft ...

A Guantanamo Tour: 'Much Ado About Nothing'?
In vivid detail, Jason Leopold describes daily life for both the detainees and guards at the facility.