ADO.NET Oracle help needed!

I'm just starting with ADO.NET and ASP.NET.  I have been working with ADO for a while now, but I seem to be stuck on ADO.NET.  I don't understand why the following code brings back an error message saying "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: Dataset." and highlights the DA.Fill(DS,"grade") line, saying that is where the problem is.  Can anyone help me figure this out?  Most of my readings on ADO.NET talk about SQLserver...not exactly much help there.  Thanks!

Dim DS As DataSet
Dim MyConnection As OleDBConnection
Dim DA As New OleDBDataAdapter
Dim sConnString As String = _
"Provider=OraOleaDB.Oracle;" & _
"Data Source=somewhere;" & _
"User ID=all;" & _
"Password=all"
MyConnection = New OleDbConnection(sConnString)
MyConnection.Open()
DA = New OleDbDataAdapter("select * from alvdba.process_plan_dtl", myConnection)
DA.Fill(DS,"grade")

MyDataGrid.DataSource=DS.Tables("grade")
MyDataGrid.DataBind()
0
Phutile

Add:

Dim DS As New DataSet()
Above that line, and see if that doesn't fix you up.
Regards,
Xander
0
Xanderno
1/26/2004 3:02:06 AM
Phutile  i have tried with your code and the only point is what  Xanderno has mentioned. I have tried with sql server and it returned the same error as mentioned. Just add new keyword in the line where u declare dataset.

Phani...
Phani....
0
phani

Need help with datatype mismatch in oracle and .net
Hi i get the following error: "Inconvertible type mismatch between SourceColumn 'NOTE' of Byte[] and the DataColumn 'Note' of String."  i use the code as follows:NoteData data = new NoteData(); IDbConnection conn = database.Connection(); conn.Open();IDbCommand cmd = database.Command(conn);cmd.CommandType = CommandType.Text; cmd.CommandText = commandText; IDbDataAdapter da = database.DataAdapter(cmd);ITableMapping map = da.TableMappings.Add("Table", "Notes"); da.Fill(data); any ideas with this error ? thanks robby...

Need to get Oracle XML into ADO.net
Hello I am using the functions in Oracle to create XML resultsets in Stored Procedures. However, I need to understand how to return this information into ADO.net in the XML that Oracle has created? How would I do this? Hi, If your resultsets are actually in XMLType, you'll need to use Oracle's ODP 9204, as thats where XMLType was introduced. There are examples that install with the 9204 provider, located in D:\oracle\ora92\ODP.NET\samples\XML If you're using the MSODP, you'll need to get the data as CLOB/Varchar2 instead of XMLType, as the MS Provider doesnt support XMLT...

Passing boolean values to oracle function / procedure from C#.Net
Hi,  I dont know how to pass boolean values to oracle function / procedure arguments, could you please help me to know ?  Thank you, Sreedhar After spending lot of time on google, I understand C#.Net doest support PL/SQL boolean values. Thanks Sreedhar...

Oracle Spatial support in Devart's ADO.NET Data Provider for Oracle [Edit]
dotConnect for oracle v. 7.3 http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle/ , ADO.NET Provider from Devart, includes support for Oracle Spatial in the projects, using Entity Framework. Devart Team constantly implements all the available Entity Framework innovations, and shortly after the introduction of DbGeometry and DbGeography classes in Entity Framework 5 has implemented support for Oracle Spatial in the Entity Framework provider for Oracle. Oracle MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY object type can now be mapped to DbGeometry and DbGeography classes. Now dotConnect for Oracle includes new versions of Devar...

Help me pls. i wan't code for startup and shutdown oracle database with vb.net or c#.net
Help me pls. i wan't code for startup and shutdown oracle database with vb.net or c#.net In Windows, it would be easier to interact with Oracle by way of the service...  (I've not tried it myself, but this should work fine for a service installed on the same machine as the .net application:using System.ServiceProcess; ServiceController controller = new ServiceController(); controller.MachineName = "."; controller.ServiceName = "OracleServiceORCL"; string status = controller.Status.ToString(); // Stop the service controller.Stop(); // Start the ...

.NET Oracle Provider
Hi all,I am using .NET 2.0 Frameworks Oracle provider and it does not have a OracleDbTypes Type for me to use. I would like to create a parameter that is of the Oracle type NVARCHAR, but it seems I can only use DbTypes, which does not have this. If I used DbTypes.String, would this be ok, otherwise, how else can I be more specific about the Oracle Parameter data type?Thanks  can u explain which type of data u r going to storeThank uBaba Thank uBabaPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you. What's your version of ODP? You have OracleD...

ADO.NET Visual Studio 2005 Install Help!, ADO.NET Missing
 Hi everyoneI have a real annoying problem, I have installed Visual Studio 2005 with C#,C++,Web Applications.. Before I installed VS2005 I made sure I had all the .Net Download from 1.1 to 3.5 with the Service Packs, I also Installed a VS2005 Patch that was around 430mb. I have tried this on 3 computers, two of XP and 1 vista.I need ADO.NET Functionality, When I choose to create a Web Application in C#, I require the ADO.NET Entity Data Model as it will allow for a graphical interaction with a SQL db. However When I Choose Add New Item in Solution explorer there is no ENtity Mode...

Which .Net Provider for Oracle 9i Microsoft or Oracle
Can anyone provide me pros and cons of provider to access Oracle Database ? I am aware of Microsoft Provider and Oracle Provider. Microsoft http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dndotnet/html/manprooracperf.asp Oracle http://otn.oracle.com/software/tech/windows/odpnet/utilsoft.html I guess you can use either. But as some post suggests, if both installed, then MS ODP will not work. I've been using DataDirect Technologies Connect for .Net and Oracle. It's not free, so it depends on your budget. The speed improvements were great for us, and it's ni...

Oracle ODP.net mulitple Oracle Client
To connect to the oracle database using ODP.net, the applicate must add the dll file called Oracle.DataAccess. There are a lot of version of Oracle.DataAccess. As I know, if the client use Oracle Client 10g Release 2. If the client use Oracle Client 10g Release 2, the application also have to use the Oracle.DataAccess the come from Oracle Client 10g Release 2.  My question is that there are any method to add more than one Oracle.DataAccess version in my product to support multiple OracleClient.   That should automatically happen for the most part.  Oracle's ODP.NET i...

Need Help with ado.net
HiI am trying to insert data from a text box into my database but I am not really sure how I do this. I done select statements before but I never tried insert data from my website into a database. Also does anyone have a good site or book that shows examples how do do stuff like insert,update and stuff like that with C# examples. Thanks Ms Sql 2005, VS 2008 SP1, Windows XP Pro. check out the link below, you might get some help..Simple ADO.NET Database Read, Insert, Update and Delete using C#.. Free source code and programming articlesManipulating Data (ADO.NET)Calling Stored...

Needed help in ADO.net ....
Hi friends... I got  the below step in one website for viewing the details of table using ADO.Net data service..in xml... To view Atom (the default format returned by an ADO.NET Data Service) in Internet Explorer, you must first ensure that Feed Reading View is turned off. This can be done on the Content tab of Tools | Internet Options   But the problem is i cant find the feed reading view in content tab of internat option in tools. wat should i do can any one help me in resolving it pls.......Thanks,Sravan Kumar.  in content you have to click on the "settings&quo...

Web resources about - ADO.NET Oracle help needed! - asp.net.oracle

Zoe Saldana Celebrates New Year's Eve at Disneyland!
Zoe Saldana and her husband Marco Perego pose for a photo in front of the roller coaster at Disney California Adventure on Thursday (December ...

Oculus pushes Touch release date to second half of 2016
Touch , the hand-held VR controller from Oculus VR, will not be shipping together with the first Oculus Rift units, which are expected to ship ...

New Details From the Force Awakens Script Hint at Episode VIII Secrets
There’s a bunch of crazy new rumors about the Justice League’s role in Batman v Superman . James Gunn has nothing but praise for Marvel’s new ...

Bill Cosby Breaks Silence After Charges
A day after Bill Cosby was arraigned in a Pennsylvania court on three felony counts of aggravated indecent assault, the embattled comedian broke ...

Ben Carson's Campaign in Chaos as Top Aides Resign
Citing low morale, job insecurity and infighting, Carson's campaign manager and top advisor both resigned Thursday — a shakeup that comes just ...

Obama to Discuss Gun Control Plans With Attorney General
President Barack Obama will meet Attorney General Loretta Lynch on Monday to discuss plans for the introduction of gun controls, he announced ...

Taylor Swift – “Out Of The Woods” Video
Taylor Swift debuted the video for 1989 's next official single, the Jack Antonoff co-write " Out Of The Woods ," last night by way of Dick Clark's ...

‘Affluenza’ teen may delay deportation with human rights law
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — Lawyers for a Texas teen who cited "affluenza" as a defense in a deadly drunken-driving wreck may be attempting to stall ...

Twitter restores Politwoops which archives tweets deleted by politicians
Twitter move follows agreement with transparency groups.

Wayne Rogers: Trapper John McIntyre From ‘MASH’ Dies At 82
Wayne Rogers, the actor behind the character Trapper John McIntyre in the immensely successful sitcom MASH has died at 82 years of age in Los ...