.NET Oracle Provider - Oracle DbTypes

Hi all,

I am using .NET 2.0 Frameworks Oracle provider and it does not have a OracleDbTypes Type for me to use. I would like to create a parameter that is of the Oracle type NVARCHAR, but it seems I can only use DbTypes, which does not have this. If I used DbTypes.String, would this be ok, otherwise, how else can I be more specific about the Oracle Parameter data type?

Tryst

can u explain which type of data u r going to store

Thank u

Baba

Thank u

Baba

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you.
-1
srijaya_ramaraju
1/10/2008 4:35:38 AM

What's your version of ODP? You have OracleDbType.NVarchar2 in Oracle Data Provider, this maps to string or char[] in .NET type

1
rumbafum
1/10/2008 10:57:06 AM

Hi Both,

I am not using ODP.NET, I am using the .NET Framework 2.0's inbuilt Oracle classes.

The DataType of the column I want to use in the database within my SQL WHERE clause is 'NVARCHAR'. I need to know, because I am using DbTypes enum, what in this enum maps to a Oracle data type 'NVARCHAR'

0
Tryst
1/10/2008 11:13:42 AM

String

0
rumbafum
1/10/2008 11:27:30 AM

String

Thank u

Baba

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you.

Thank u

Baba

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you.
0
srijaya_ramaraju
1/10/2008 11:40:56 AM

Thank you both!

0
Tryst

Performance of Db2. Net provider over Oledb.net provider
Hi,       I heard db2.net provider is better in performance compared to oledb.net provider for connecting to ibm db2 from asp.net applications. Currently I am using oledb.net provider in my application and I want to switch to db2.net provider. Before that,I thought of checking the performance with sample queries. The metrics show oledb having better performance compared to db2.net provider. I am confused. Is there any article or source where I can get more info on this.   Thanks Sveerapally  Hi,      I found the db2.net provider to ...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

Problem with Connection of Informix .NET Provider with .NET.
Hello All, I am facing problem regarding connection of .NET with IBM Informix .NET Data Provider.I got a help from IBM site of Manual to connect with .NET and accessing informix as a informix .net data provider you need to import IBM.Informix.data as a namespace to access .NET based informix classes as similar to access sql server using namespace system.data.sqlclient.In that manual written as following---- Before you use the IBM Informix .NET Provider, you must execute the script, cdotnet.sql, against the sysmaster database as the user informix. So, my problem is that...

.NET ASE Provider for .NET 2.0
Has Sybase released their .NET ASE Provider for .NET 2.0 yet? Thanks, Todd > Has Sybase released their .NET ASE Provider for .NET 2.0 > yet? > > Thanks, > Todd Hye Todd, Looks like sybase is not going to release .NET Provider for .NET 2.0 Framework . Please have a look at this link http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1038292 Sybase has released provider for .net framework 2.0 and through which we connect to sybase 15.0 database. I am not sure whether we will be able to connect to sybase 12.5.2 and utilize .net framework 2.0 features. If you come acor...

DW.NET support for SQL Anywhere .NET provider
Hello, we are trying to get DW.NET (v. 2.5) working with Sybase SQL Anywhere .NET provider for database access. Does anybody know if that is possible, and if so, then how? The reason for this question is that we are evaluating DW.NET as a solution for document printing from our existing C# application which uses SQL Anywhere .NET provider. I would expect that these two products should work together, as they are both developed by Sybase and targeted for the same .NET platform. Linas ...

Net Farmers net

switching .NET Provider btwn .NET Framework versions?
Subj.: switching .NET Provider btwn .NET Framework versions? My application has to access remote SQLBase data server thru ..NET Provider. I installed SQLBase 8.5 driver pack for this. My PC has both .NET Framework 1.0 and 1.1 installed. How can I switch between .NET Frameworks or make sure that my my aqpplication hasn't dependency on Framework 1.1? [1] writes: "You must have the .NET Framework already installed on your machine before the SQLBase .NET Data Provider will install correctly. Gupta recommends that you install the most recent service pack for ...

net send in .net

Sybase ADO.NET Provider for .NET Framework 2.0
Hi, We are developing a .net application( Visual Studio 2005 and .NET Framework 2.0) which needs to support Sybase, SQL Server and Oracle. We are using Microsoft Data Access Application block (DAAB) to support SQL Server and Oracle. Now we would like to customize that application block to support to Sybase 12.5.* onwards. When I installed client utilities for sybase, I could see a ADO.NET Provider with the version 1.1.327, which does not have the following classes which are required to customize the Microsoft DAAB. 1. AseClientFactory class : This class is required to custom...

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

Web resources about - .NET Oracle Provider - Oracle DbTypes - asp.net.oracle

Providers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jeppe Federspiel and Rasmus Stabell started as musicians playing drums. Years later, they joined forces to form Providers, an urban production ...

Provider - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Google Purchases Wildfire, A Facebook Marketing Software Provider
... search engine is working to change that. Google has purchased Wildfire , which helps businesses master Facebook, the marketing software provider ...

Online payment providers duel for supremacy
The proliferation of smartphones is presenting a once-in-a-generation opportunity to introduce a new paradigm.

KGI expects Apple to sell 2.5M iPad Pros in Q4 as TSMC found to be sole provider of A9x chip
... in January, although it’s unclear if it will breakdown iPad Pro numbers specifically. Also of note, Kuo shares that TSMC is the sole provider ...

Providers
Doctors are physicians, not "care-providers." If your doctor does things by the book, then he/she is not focusing on you. Dr. Accad wrote a ...

Town that has no cell phone service loses its primary Internet provider
... and aside from satellite, the town had just one option for anything resembling modern Internet access. Unfortunately, that broadband provider ...

Pacific Controls Is Recognised Among ‘50 Most Promising IoT Solution Providers 2015’ by CIOReview Magazine ...
Pacific Controls is recognised among &lsquo;50 Most Promising IoT Solution Providers 2015&rsquo; by CIOReview magazine

Report: Juniper Is Eating Cisco's Lunch In U.S. Service Provider Routing Market
Report: Juniper Is Eating Cisco's Lunch In U.S. Service Provider Routing Market CRN Juniper Networks appears to be on a comeback in the U.S. ...

Starbucks Cup Evangelist Called For Assassination Of Abortion Providers
You can call this video what you want, but I'll call it terrorism. It's no different than when ISIS threatens to behead journalists, and it isn't ...