.NET 1.1 and Oracle v9

We are currently use oracle 8i, .NET framework 1.1 and Microsoft Data Access Application Block for Oracle.  We are thinking of moving to Oracle v9 from v8 now.

Does anyone know any known issues for Oracle 9i & .NET Framework 1.1?
Thanks in advance,
Peter
0
pxw

Works fine at my work environment. Have upgrade almost a month ago.

Regard
TinyPond
0
tinypond
8/21/2003 6:06:14 AM
We have some experience on this matter. For the first time if you used ODP.Net ver 8.17 plus Oracle Client 8.1.x to connect, there will be no significant errors we found. All sql statements run properly, but some complex sql failed after several executions.

We have change the ODP.Net to ver 9.2.0.2, and installed client 9.2 with OLE DB, and clean all previous version from production.
Check http://otn.oracle.com/software/tech/windows/odpnet/content.html.
By doing this , everything gone smooth..!!!
Regards,
Jody Ananda, MCAD, AWP
http://www.newmont.com

Jody Ananda

IS-Systems Development

PT Newmont Nusa Tenggara

http://www.newmont.com
0
mas_jabier

best practices to migrate from .net 1.0 to .net 1.1
hi, i have windows xp pro running iis 5.1. i have an intranet site running under iis. i made this site using VS.NET 2002 under .NET framework 1.0.3705. Now i want to upgrade me .NET frame work to version 1.1. , but i still want to use VS.NET 2002 for programming and maintaining the site. How do i do this without the upgrade affecting my already deployed website. A step by step procedure to migrate from version 1.0.3705 to version 1.1 would be quite helpful. Thanks in advance, Raja. Well, at least take a look at this doc about running v1.0 and 1.1 side-by-side h...

best method to migrate from .net 1.0 to .net 1.1
hi, i have windows xp pro running iis 5.1. i have an intranet site running under iis. i made this site using VS.NET 2002 under .NET framework 1.0.3705. Now i want to upgrade me .NET frame work to version 1.1. , but i still want to use VS.NET 2002 for programming and maintaining the site. How do i do this without the upgrade affecting my already deployed website. A step by step procedure to migrate from version 1.0.3705 to version 1.1 would be quite helpful. Thanks in advance, Raja. Hi, There is an article on this, right on this site. Check this Hope it hel...

.NET 1.0 books and .NET 1.1 books. Does it matter ??
Hello, I want to buy a book that is good to learn asp.net. I have seen some good books on ASP.NET in the book store, but some of them are for .NET 1.0 and not the current 1.1. Does it make that big of a difference if the asp.net book is 1.0 and not 1.1 ???? Someone please help me as I have to do quite a bit of driving to go review and purchase a book. I need to leave in about an hour so if someone know the answer, please respond, asap. Sincerely, Amy Daynou Amy- The changes are small enough that you won't see much, if any difference. This doesn't apply as much if you're ...

.NET 1.1 conflicting with .NET 2
I have a new server Windows 2003, and one of the web apps it is hosting fails from time to time.  Checking the logs, the message talks about a conflict between .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.   It was my understanding that you could be running both ASP.NET 1 and ASP.NET 2 on the same box, with the pull-down selector to choose between them   Am I missing something here? thankscheersMatthewPerformance Outlook Each asp.net application runs in an Application Pool.Each Application Pool can only host one version of  ASP.NET at a time, so the first app to start sets the version...

.net 2.0 to .net 1.1
Hello , This is shrirang. Currently i am working .net2.0 web application. but the same application is runing on production in .net 1.1 freamwork . we are not using any new feature of 2.0 in our application . can i run build of 2.0 on 1.1 freamwork . if yes can you  please tell me necessary steps to achive it .     Thanks in advance for your kind help     Regards Shrirang i think it is not possible to run the 2.0 application in 1.1 , so try to change to the frame work in the production server . ThanksRaja Ragothaman Hi Shrirang, Please contact web adm...

.Net 2 and .Net 1.1 on same IIS
Hi - is there a step by step guide for this anywhere?(IIS6 - windows web server edition)I installed .net 2, and created a new virtual directory - uploaded my .net2 web files, and it didn't run.I changed the framework to .net2 in IIS, then I got server unavailable when trying to run my existing 1.1 apps.I setup a new application pool, and derived it from the DefaultPool already being used by .net1.1, and change my net 2 app to use the new application pool.When I tried to 'start' the site, it advised the port 80 was already in use by another web site.I think I know where to change port 80 - bu...

having .net 1.1 and .net 2.0
Was just wondering if you someone could tell me the ramifications of the following:  I have .net 2.0 but did not uninstally .net 1.1, i have visual studio 2003, and visual web developer installed on the computer as well as sql server 2000.  my question is whether that is a problem having the two runtimes installed at the same time?  i did this because i wanted to use VWD but keep vs 2003 in case i needed to do any development for work....any comments are appreciated.  --jpIf my post is helpful please mark as answerRegards -- jp(http://www.rzrsolutions.com/rzrWeb20/...

VS.NET and .NET Framework 1.1
Hi, Is it possible to use .NET Framework 1.1 with visual studio .net 2002 ? Thanks Yes.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

Web resources about - .NET 1.1 and Oracle v9 - asp.net.oracle

Oracle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the classical medium. For the software company, see Oracle Corporation . For other uses, see Oracle (disambiguation) . ...

Oracle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the classical medium. For the software company, see Oracle Corporation . For other uses, see Oracle (disambiguation) . ...

News Oracle
The News Oracle is an online news outlet. The Oracle covers the most relevant stories from around the globe.

Oracle Acquires Facebook Data Partner Datalogix
One of Facebook’s data partners has a new owner, as Datalogix was acquired by Oracle , the two companies announced Tuesday. (more…) New Career ...

With AddThis Buy, Oracle Gets Pipeline to Continually Updated Audience Data
Tech giant Oracle on Tuesday said it had struck a deal to acquire AddThis, a maker of tools to easily let consumers share web pages on social ...

Android N switches to OpenJDK, Google tells Oracle it is protected by the GPL
The Oracle v. Google legal battle over the use of Java in Android keeps on going, but this week Google made a change to Android that it hopes ...

Oracle: Morgan Stanley Cuts Target as Cloud Eats into Their Margin
Morgan Stanley ’s Keith Weiss this morning reiterates an Equal Weight rating on shares of Oracle ( ORCL ) following last week’s fiscal Q2 earnings ...

Oracle agrees to warn Java users of malware risk
Oracle is about to issue a warning that Java users could be exposed to malware, the media have reported on Tuesday. The exposure is the result ...

Oracle Corporation (ORCL) Upgraded to Buy at Evercore ISI
Analysts at Evercore ISI upgrade Oracle stock to Buy on the back of attractive valuation.

Google comes up with a new Android plan as its epic legal battle with Oracle continues
Oracle and Google have been duking it out for years in a lawsuit that could have a big impact on the whole software industry. Now Google has ...