(To the Moderator Only) REF Cursor Problem Solved!!!

Hi I´ve just posted a msg about my problem with REF Cursor retrieved from an oracle sp packaged. I discovered what I was doing wrong....

I noticed that instead of passing the name of the parameter for the OracleParameter object, I passed the name of the Type I crated inside the package with the ref cursor. If you want to post the msg, for the benefit of the others, be welcome..
Thank you once more,
Beto Chayo
0
Beto

Problems retrieving REF Cursor with .Net Oracle Provider (System.Data.OracleClient)
Hi , I created a package which recieves 3 parameters. One of them, is a type that I created using ref cursor, likewise the example provided in the .Net Oracle Client Documentation and inside msdn site (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpcontheadonetdatareader.asp the part which talks about Ref Cursor). I´ve already tested the package, and it´s working properly. But when I tried to run the ExecuteReader method of my Oracle Command I got the error "PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'PAGINAR'". Her...

ORACLE ODBC Ref Cursor Problem
I have one GenericStoredProcedure which works for ODP ODBC and OLEDB.These parameter is working fine when we select connection stringstring connectionString = "DSN=mydsn;uid=xxx;pwd=xxx"; but as soon as i change connection string tostring connectionString="Driver={Microsoft ODBC for Oracle};Pwd=xxxx;UID=xxx;Server=ds;"; it starts giving error :  Message "ERROR [HYC00] [Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle]Cannot bind PL/SQL Records or Cursor References\r\nERROR [42000] [Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle]Syntax error or access violation" stringGenericStoredProcedure sp2 = new ...

Problem with Ref Cursors with DBD::Oracle Win32 version
Hello All! I am using DBD::Oracle version 1.12 with Active State perl build 5.6.1 on Windows NT and XP. On both systems I do not get ant data from the returned cursor, even though I know it works and should produce several, I have verified this from the sqlplus command line. Anyone else have simliar issues? Here is my code below: use DBI; use DBD::Oracle qw(:ora_types); my $dbh = DBI->connect('DBI:Oracle:blah,'blah','blah') or die "Couldn't connect to database: " . DBI->errstr; $d1 = "05-FEB-02"; $d1 = "26-MAR-02...

Problem calling Oracle Stored Procedure which returns ref cursor as output parameter using MS-Data Access App Block 1.1
Hi All, In want to call Oracle SP's which return DATA through ref cursors. I am using MS Data Access App Block 1.1. In all the examples which I have got to call Oracle SP's (which themselves are very few) says that add IN parameters if their is any in SP, but don't add any OUT param for ref Cursor. when I am trying the same I am getting error of 'insufficient or incorrect number of argument for procedure'. When I try to execute any sql query it executes i.e my piece of code is connecting properly and getting the data, but in case of SP's which are supposed to return me Dataset using db.E...

RE: Oracle 9i Lite and DBD::Oracle problems [solved]
With the help of Brian Haas and Ian Harisay I got DBD::Oracle working. The advice is to use the regular Oracle9i not the lite version. Another great source of help was: http://www.puschitz.com/InstallingOracle9i.html just getting 9i and 9i lite installed. I use fvwm2(nvidia X driver) as a window manager which does not work with the 9i install program, works fine with the default Gnomish(nv X driver), it could have been the X driver too. With Redhat9 it is REAL important to set LD_ASSUME_KERNEL to 2.4.1. I didn't try this but it may be possible to install what is needed by ...

Oracle ref. cursor
Hi I am using PB 6.5 & Oracle 8.0.5 I am trying to get result set throgh the PB datawindow of source store-procedure. I am tryin to get result set into the datawindow in procure it is returning reference cursor as output parameter as well error code & message. now when I retrieve that datawindow I get error ORA-06502 PL/SQL : numeric or value error character string buffer too small ....No data found. Thanks in advance. Please let me know if some one can help. Dnyanesh M Hi ! Did you try to exec your SP from SQL*Plus ? What is error code? If your have valid procedur...

Oracle Ref Cursor
Hi, How to receive data returned from a procedure in oracle as ref cursor in C#  What data type should i mention for the out variable of a command parameter ? what are the ways to get a oracle refcursor output in C# ?  So far i have worked in sql server. Can any one suggest me ?  Sree  To  get this stuff you need to create a Ref Cursor to return recordset.              create or replace PACKAGE Types AS             TYPE cursor_type IS R...

Problem with Oracle Stored Procedures using ODP.NET in VB.NET (VS 2003)
This is the stored procedure,Procedure RetrieveReservations(pProperty In Varchar2,pResHeaderId In Varchar2,pEmail In Varchar2,pPasswd In Varchar2,ResultSet In Out ResCursor);This is the old .asp code (part of it)objConn.ConnectionString = Application("BackEndConnection_ConnectionString")objConn.Open objComm.ActiveConnection = objConn objComm.CommandText = "internet_package.RetrieveReservations"objComm.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc objComm.Parameters.Append objComm.CreateParameter("pProperty", adVarChar , adParamInput, 8, Request.QueryString("propid"))objComm.Parameters.Append objComm.Crea...

Oracle store procedure problem using Powerbuilder and Oracle 8.0.4.0 Net
Powerbuilder version 6.0.00 / 6.5 Build 444 Oracle Net 8.0.4.0 I found there is problem with Oracle store procedure having more than 6 in parameters. I got GPF error on Window 95 and Dr. Watson error on NT. Also, I found it works find in Oracle Net 8.0.3.0. Is this a bug? Is there any new patch for this if it is a bug. Any recommendation about What version Oracle Net or SQL Net should I used for Oracle server version 8.0.4.0 (I don't think I am using any Oracle 8 new features)? Thanks in advance, Sharon Li If you use PB 6.5, you can try the new Oracle 8 driver: ftp...

Solved problem: DBD-Oracle/Solaris 2.6/Perl 5.00503/Oracle 8.1.6
Hi dbi-users, I just want to share with you the solution to the famous "Solaris patch" problem that finally worked for my system. I support a production system on Solaris 2.6 which was recently upgraded to Oracle 8.1.6, OAS 4.0.8.2, Perl 5.005_03, DBI 1.15 and DBD 1.06 (also Oracle Developer 6i and Workflow 2.5.1). I came across the problem described in the README.java. 3 workarounds are listed there. The first 2 did not work for my system mainly because of OAS (and its required java components). So I tried the 3rd one (re-building Perl linked with the thread library) a...

More on closing Oracle ref cursors
Hi. I'm working on a project using DBD::Oracle 1.16, DBI 1.43, Perl 5.6, WinXP, and Oracle 8.1.7.4. My script runs through a loop many times, and each time through it calls two PL/SQL stored procs via a wrapper class I've built. At some point in the loop I run out of ref cursors; Oracle returns a "maximum cursors exceeded" error. Obviously the cursors that get opened and returned by the stored procs aren't getting closed by Perl for some reason. I was under the impression from previous postings on this list that Oracle's ref cursors get closed automaticall...

Performance of Oracle BY Ref cursors
Is there any performance issues (or advantages) to using an Oracle Stored Procedure and receiving a BY REF cursor, compared to a straight SQL statement? Thanks, Matt ...

DW.NET problems with oracle
I am utilizing the dw.net I utilize an object transacion to connect me to a database SQLSERVER with oledb, and I do not have any problem, but when I try to connect me to a database ORACLE 8i with the dbmstype.oracle8, brings me not recognizable values, that al to seem they are not ANSI. That could be passing??? Thanx Daveloper ...

Web resources about - (To the Moderator Only) REF Cursor Problem Solved!!! - asp.net.oracle

Moderator of the General Assembly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Moderator of the General Assembly is the chairperson of a General Assembly , the highest court of a presbyterian or reformed church. Kirk ...

Stack Exchange Moderator Elections Begin
Back in July, we appointed Moderators Pro Tempore for the nascent Stack Exchange 2.0 communities . Leadership is critical to any community’s ...

Google Places Moderator : Ranking - YouTube
Craig from Canada posted, "Ranking a business listing for wikipedia quotation is a disaster & increasing amount of spam. please do not rank business ...

Australia mulls extradition of alleged Silk Road moderator
The Australian government said it is deciding whether to extradite to the United States an alleged moderator of Silk Road, a website where people ...

Bring on Malcolm the mediator and moderator to reach out to all Australia
It's not us and them. It's just us in and under the Southern Cross.

Bring on Malcolm the mediator and moderator to reach out to all Australia
It's not us and them. It's just us in and under the Southern Cross.

Silk Road 'moderator' Peter Phillip Nash close to extradition
A Queensland public servant accused of helping run online drug bazaar Silk Road has appeared in court.

Donald Trump: 'Only a deviant' would think comments on Fox News moderator Megyn Kelly were reference ...
Donald Trump says he was misinterpreted after suggesting a Fox News presenter was tough on him because she was menstruating.

Trump does damage control in feud with Fox moderator Megyn Kelly
Donald Trump appeared on Sunday morning talk shows, professing his love for women and promising to be their best advocate if elected U.S. president, ...

Gary Paterson: United Church's First Gay Moderator From Vancouver
Vancouver's Rev. Gary Paterson has been elected moderator of the United Church of Canada, marking the first time that position has been held ...