"Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt."

Hi Friends,I am facing and issue where I am getting an error "Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt." The problem is not consistent but first occurrence happens from few designated pages and after that this message is persistent till user log's out.

We are using OS: Micrsoft 2003 server; Webserver: IIS 6.0; Language: ASP.Net Framework 2.0; Database: Oracle 10G ;

We have logged the stack trace of the error which we are getting.   at System.Data.Common.UnsafeNativeMethods.IRowset.GetData(IntPtr hRow, IntPtr hAccessor, IntPtr pData)
   at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataReader.GetRowDataFromHandle()
   at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataReader.GetValueBinding(MetaData info)
   at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataReader.GetValue(Int32 ordinal)
   at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteScalar()
   at CITI_MF.WMSMView.checkDatePerMission()
   at CITI_MF.WMSMView.btnVerified_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
     at System.Data.Common.UnsafeNativeMethods.IRowset.GetData(IntPtr hRow, IntPtr hAccessor, IntPtr pData)
   at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataReader.GetRowDataFromHandle()
   at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataReader.GetValueBinding(MetaData info)
   at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataReader.GetValues(Object[] values)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DataReaderContainer.CommonLanguageSubsetDataReader.GetValues(Object[] values)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.SchemaMapping.LoadDataRow()
   at System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.FillLoadDataRow(SchemaMapping mapping)
   at System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.FillFromReader(DataSet dataset, DataTable datatable, String srcTable, DataReaderContainer dataReader, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, DataColumn parentChapterColumn, Object parentChapterValue)
   at System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable, IDataReader dataReader, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable)
   at CITI_MF.MIS_Reports.GenerateReport(Enum_MIS_Main pMainReport, Enum_MIS_Sub pSubReport, String pQuery)
   at CITI_MF.MIS_Reports.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   Please help us out.Thanks in Advance. Regards,Rishi Chaurasia.
0
chaurasia

Hello,

Don't know if this will solve your problems, but have a look at it:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/csharpgeneral/thread/6adca20b-649f-41a4-8fa1-09534882d76c

Cheers!

/Eskil

0
utlandsfantomenno1
4/24/2009 4:36:56 PM

Try to use an 'OracleCommand' instead of an Ole one and see if the problem will disappear or not.

Many Thanks & Best Regards,
HuaMin Chen

(Mark it as answer if it does help you!)
0
wmec

"Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt"
Hello dear All,I am having a big issue with our asp.net 2.0 application after migrating the app from Windows XP to our new dedicated Windows 2003 Server.The issue:Any call to HttpWebRequest req = (HttpWebRequest)HttpWebRequest.Create("Valid url with valid and short response");fails with the following error: "Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt"Calling one COM object used for PDF generation (iTextSharp) results in the same error, but I believe the cause is the same, so if I find the solution to the first iss...

"Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that memory is corrupt." error
I have C# application and this application have three thread . Each thread has a connection to oracle database. I use oracle client 8.17 and System.Data.OracleClient for this connection . But my application has problem with message error "Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that memory is corrupt." . How does this problem resolve . Please help me !!!! Switch from .NET's System.Data.OracleClient to Oracle's Oracle.DataAccess ( included with 10g client in my case ) resolves this problem.   Good luck, Ed...

Printing problem - Vista
I have a strange issue with a Visual Studio .net 2008 distributable application.   The printing does not work on my Clients computers who have Vista OS.  All of my clients get the following error when they try to print any form from my application.   The PrintDialog displays and the Client clicks on Ok.  The PrintDialog logic generates the the programmed exception "An Error occurred printing the report".  The system generates the following error "Attempting to read or write protected memory.  This is often an indication th...

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory has been corrupted
Hi For to train with ASP.NET V2 , I have to migrate an web application. It's picture galery. But sometimes I have got this errors : Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory has been corrupted. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that oth...

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
I get this error message in my application "Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt." We get this error message only in production system, we have tested the application in local system, local server, even in VMWare domain controler environment. Any input why excatly we can get this error message will be helpfull: The error we are getting when inserting a record in the database. Envo: ASP.NET/C#/MySQL. any help will be appreciated. Thanks.  Is it possible that your production server is infected with a virus?...

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
I am getting an error when I call the function below. This is a select method of an object datasoure. The code and error are below. Any ideas? ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Public Shared Function GetLinkCategories() As Generic.List(Of LinkCategory)    Using connection As New OleDbConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("Personal").ConnectionString)       Using command As New OleDbCommand("GetLinkCategorie...

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
I am trying to query an Oracle database and keep getting the error: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.  I have gone through my query and determined that if I remove two columns from the select statment that are both TimeStamp with TimeZone columns that the query executes just fine and returns the appropriate data.  Adding in one of the TimeStamp columns as part of the data retrieved throws an exception and the error above is given.  Does anyone know why this would happen with TimeStamp columns and all other ...

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
Hi: I 'm using a DataStore for a DW object getting data from a WebService. When I try the Retrieve(), I get this error: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. Trying the same in a different (and new ) project, it works fine... Any idea? Thanks; Gus I found the problem... This error arises when the PBDWN110.dll file is referenced in the App project... And this is necessary because I 'm using ClickOnce for deployment, so the deploy must include this file... I got a workaround declarong this file ...

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
Hi All, I have migrated my PB 9 desktop application to a web target PB 11.1 build 8204 The application run smoothly excpet for some windows...when I try to open these windows the application crashs and I receive the below message : Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.AccessViolationExcepti...

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
 hye everyone..anyone can help give some tips/guidance for solving the problem...the eror will display, when i save the application page.Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This...

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
 hi, i got this error when i send mail through my site,in localhost, i can able to send mail but when i check it on server, i get this error,its run fine but when i test it today, i get this error, it work fine but today i get this error.i use Interop.CDO.dll to send mail,  Server Error in '/' Application. Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack ...

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt
I'm caching a data table (the result of a stored procedure) with user authentication in it on Application start.  It works pretty well, but I keep getting this error with each application start.  We're using Oracle 11g, with the Oracle .NET client.  Has anyone else seen this error?   Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt Did you get a resolution to this error. Same thing happens with me using microsoft.odbc.dll to connection to IBM iseries. Doesn't happen to begin with then later it shows its...

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
I am using the Microsoft.Data.Odbc .NET Addin to connect ODBC to IBM iseries DB2 I used the Odbc connection class OdbcConnection, command OdbcCommand and reader OdbcDataReader, just like with the SQL provider. I am creating a new sql command and executing reader via the same connection established. All works fine 2 twise, by this i mean the entire operation, then again, then the third time I get: "Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt." If I restart my service I get another two times, then it fails...

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
 Dear All I deployed an asp.net(2.0) web site on windows server 2003 under a dedicated application pool. I used session state server on different machine. I used recycle options for recycling the worker process. Everything is going fine except why i try to load any report (crystal report) i got the above error. can any one please help me? The stack trace is given below... Stack Trace: [AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.] CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.XmlSerialize.XmlSerializer...

Web resources about - "Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt." - asp.net.oracle