We Need ADO Wrapper Class Methods using Ado.net

We Need clue / suggesion for writing the ADO Wrapper Class Methods below using Ado.net

Any one example for any method will help

1) getBookmark()

2) setBookmark(currentBM)

3) Delete ()

4) close ()

5) getStatus()

6) getDataSource()

7) DataMember()

8) Update(Fields,Values)

9) ActiveConnection()

Thanks in Advance.

0
karpurapug

You don't say what language you are using (VB or C#), but all you have to do is to create a Function or method and put your ADO.NET code in it.

For example, Delete() will obviously have to take a parameter, such as an integer, or array of integers, and the code within it will loop through the values and delete the records that match the criteria. Genearally such a method will return a boolean value to indicate whether the operation was successful.

public bool Delete(int[] myintegers)
{
    //code to delete records goes here
}

I don't know what the Close() method is supposed to do, but of it's to close a DataReader or Connection, they already have perfectly adequate Close() methods.  It's pointless duplicating that.

Regards Mike
[MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]
My site
0
Mikesdotnetting
5/5/2008 9:07:39 AM

ActiveConnection()

public int Activeconnection()

{

 //declares how many minutes the connection should be active

}

Public bool Update(fields,Values)

{

 //declares the fields to be updated

}

Public string getDataSource()

{

 //declares which datasource your presentation layer links for

Example "SqlDatsource1,2,3,4..........." or "ObjectDatasource1,2,3,4................"

}

public void Close()

{

 //this can be used for declaring a Connection to be closed.

}

Further Queries Recommended

Happy CodingWink

Regards,
B.ShivaKarthik
Developer
Hyderabad,India

Don't Forget to Mark as Answer for the post that helped you.
ShivaKarthik
5/5/2008 9:50:30 AM

 We are looking for any clue or suggestion from anybody worked on wrapper classes on writing the properties / methods of ADO-recordset using Ado.net.

0
karpurapug
5/5/2008 3:52:58 PM

is these methods will work in Disconnected Architecture ? if not how we have to impliment these.

1)      getBookmark()

2)      setBookmark(currentBM)

3)     Delete ()

4)     close ()

5)     getStatus()

6)     getDataSource()

7)     DataMember()

8)     Update(Fields,Values)

9)     ActiveConnection()

0
karpurapug

Does .NET map calls for ADO to ADO.NET?
Hello,We are trying to troubleshoot some DB problems from COM objects that call ADO. I heard that when ADO is loaded inside of a COM object by a .NET app, that .NET intercepts the call and re-maps those calls over to ADO.NET. This seems untrue to me, given the nature of ADO.NET being a totally separate technology.Does anyone know for sure whether this does or does not occur?The problem we are seeing is actually almost identical in symptoms to this:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/230101"FIX: Data Queries Sporadically Return Empty Recordsets" Literally, this is what...

ADO in VB6 vs ADO.NET in VB.NET
I am writing a database interface and I would like to know whether a VB6 interface using ADO or a VB.NET interface using ADO.NET would be faster in terms of just performing database operations. Is there an explanation for this, and what is the magnitude of the difference? Thanks in advance!...

ADO not ADO.NET
Hi, I have to connect to a db using adodb (which i select from the references). I have to retrieve the car models from the database and bind them to a listbox. I am not sure how to proceed and I can't find any articles on ADO with .net and data binding. Here is the code that i tried but it only retrieves the car model for the specified id. If I delete the id it doesn't work. Also it writes the car model in the listbox vertically such as: B M W CODE: Imports System.Data Imports ADODB Imports System.Data.OleDb Public Class listboxADO Inherits System.Web.UI...

ADO to ADO.NET
I'm an ASP programmer (VBScript) moving on to ASP.NET. So far I'm using:Microsoft Visual Studio 2003ASP.NET with C#I'm working on converting my code over to C#, from VBScript. Now, here is my code in VBScript (modified to better understand it, this is a edited ugly version):Function ExecuteSQL(sqlStatement)    ConnDriver = "Provider=SQLOLEDB; Data Source = " & dbIP & "; Initial Catalog = " & dbName & "; User Id = " & dbUser & "; Password=" & dbPassword     Set connTemp = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")    c...

Insert datetime, using ADO.net VB.net
Hello there,I got a little code there are inserting a record into my msSQL database..But i cant insert the datetime, for one reason?The problem is in line 7 () where i want to insert DateTime.Now 1 Protected Sub SendPmTilAfviste(ByVal modtager As String, ByVal festID As String) 2 ' Connection 3 Dim conn As SqlConnection = New SqlConnection("Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\ASPNETDB.MDF;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True") 4 conn.Open() 5 6 ' SQL-kommandoen 7 Dim cm...

What are the diff. ADO and ADO.NET and which is use full and easy ?
What are the diff. ADO and ADO.NET and which is use full and easy ? You use ADO with ASP and ADO.NET with ASP.NET. Both are useful in their own environments and can get the job done. Both can be easy or difficult, it depends on your background, training, available resources, and a host of other factors. There are lots and lots of articles on the net on this topic. Search Google for: ADO "ADO.NET" comparison E.g. MSDN article Comparison of ADO.NET and ADO DevArticles article A Practical Comparison of ADO and ADO.NET TerriTerri MortonEngagement Manager, Neud...

Returning ADO.NET objects from a method...
I've got a Web application that is currently using an Access MDB as it's datastore, however, in the future I intend to add the option of using other datastores, e.g., myPHP SQL, Oracle, and of course MS SQL.I'd like to develop a class factory that would return an instance of the appropriate object based against the db type, e.g., if the application is using Acceess (MDB) the factory will setup the appropriate connection string for the OLE DB Provider, create an instance of OleDbConnection and return it to the calling code.Dig this, here's an idea of what I'm thinking, first the cla...

ADO.NET Visual Studio 2005 Install Help!, ADO.NET Missing
 Hi everyoneI have a real annoying problem, I have installed Visual Studio 2005 with C#,C++,Web Applications.. Before I installed VS2005 I made sure I had all the .Net Download from 1.1 to 3.5 with the Service Packs, I also Installed a VS2005 Patch that was around 430mb. I have tried this on 3 computers, two of XP and 1 vista.I need ADO.NET Functionality, When I choose to create a Web Application in C#, I require the ADO.NET Entity Data Model as it will allow for a graphical interaction with a SQL db. However When I Choose Add New Item in Solution explorer there is no ENtity Mode...

Innovation to ADO.NET
Matisse Software Inc. provides its native ADO.NET Data provider for Matisse 6.0, the Database for .NET. Matisse Software has pushed the envelope of Microsoft ADO.NET architecture and extended it into a powerful Object Access Services component for .NET. Matisse’s extension of ADO.NET demonstrates that ADO.NET can evolve beyond the Microsoft architecture to benefit .NET developers. Unlike the standard ADO.NET data provider, which returns data in a table format to integrate seamlessly with relational products, Matisse has extended the ADO.NET architecture to return data in an object format....

using an ADO.NET dataset as a datasource for RS
Hi all, Is it possible to use an ADO.NET dataset (as opposed to a Reporting Services dataset) as a datasource in Reporting Services? Thanks. Mike unless I misunderstood your question, I dont think they are different. what xactly is your question.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** Yes, they are different. The datasource of a Reporting Services report is called (unfortunately) a "dataset," which is different than a dataset in ADO.NET. My question is as follows: let's say, for example, that I create an ADO.NET dataset in V...

class library project using ado.net
 Hi ,How are you?I plan to develop a .net class library project that can create a dll file after I build it.I want to use the database functions in the project. so I need to use ADO.NETI use ado.net for .net web application before and I save the connection string to web.config.but that is different for class library application and I do not have web.config now.My question are here.1.which file I can use to save connection string for class library app2.how to develop database application in class library project.Do you have a simple demo code? so I can get the idea quickly. Thanks&n...

ADO to ADO.NET help
Hi, I am converting application ASP to ASP.NET.What is the equivalent code in ADO.NET. For each F in RS.Fields FieldName = F.Name Next Thanks, Nate If it is forward only, then you can use datareader for more info on this, check below link Datareader on MSDN Hope it helps!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti...

Opinions about ADO and ADO.NET
Hi everyone again!!! I´m used to develope applications with ADO, but now with .NET to develope a Web Application and a Mobile Web Application, I don't know if I have to use ADO.NET or continue using ADO. What Disadvantages has ADO to built Mobile Applications? In ADO I use ACCESS to create the .mdb files, Can I use .mdb files with ADO.NET? Thanks for all!! Go to ADO.NET NOW ! don't be late and you can use access in ado.net ADO.NET VB.NET/C#/ASP.NET/Oracle Designer 6i DotNet4Arab.com Building a custom web control(vb.net) Well, Thanks for your opinion, but I have...

ADO.NET VS ADO
Hi I am having ADO.NET course these days. I asked the instructor that developing online system like airline reservation system needs to a connected environment to lock/Unlock the table when u read/write to it Can that be acomplished using ado.net. His answer was no ADO.NET is only for disconnected environment and it will not work with online system and i still should use the old ADO. ADO.NET is not a replacment for ADO and both will continue in paralell. IS his answer true that ADO.NET will not replace ADO and both will continue Regards Check this link. Well ADO.NET is pa...

Web resources about - We Need ADO Wrapper Class Methods using Ado.net - asp.net.object-datasource

Primitive wrapper class - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Byte , Short , Integer , Long , Float , and Double wrapper classes are all subclasses of the Number class. The wrapper classes BigDecimal ...

Marathon bar wrapper - M&M Mars - 1973-1974 - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
This is a great treasure for me! For the longest time, I'd wanted to get a Marathon bar wrapper for my collection. Early last year, I was fortunate ...

Why the Bible References on In-N-Out Wrappers? - YouTube
Complete video at: http://fora.tv/2009/07/14/In-N-Out_Burger_Stacy_Perman Journalist Stacey Perman explains the origin of the Biblical verses ...

Hold the front-page imprint: today's press laws are tomorrow's chip wrapper
THEY'RE wrong, they're wrong, they're all so very wrong. The people who think press regulation is inevitable and essential, the people who think ...

StyleTap iOS Wrapper SDK lets you submit Palm OS apps to Apple
Last year StyleTap launched their Palm OS emulator platform for iPhone, but for obvious reasons it wasn’t made available through the App Store ...

[lolwut] Nestle Replaces Kit Kat Logo With 'YouTube Break' On Thousands Of Wrappers In The UK
In order for a circle jerk to work, the stroking has to go both ways. Google did Nestle a solid when it named Android 4.4 after the company's ...

DIY Project Ideas: Halloween Candy Wrapper Crafts
It’s a story as old as Halloween itself. The day after trick or treating, the candy’s flying and the wrappers are everywhere. Gather them up ...

Chrome for iOS review: syncing is great, but still just a WebKit wrapper
A version of Google's Chrome browser has finally come to iOS devices . The company made its announcement on Thursday as part of its annual Google ...

Official: Sin R1 is a Corvette V8 in a German wrapper
Filed under: Coupe , Performance , MISC , Racing The Sin R1 made quite a showing in its Goodwood Festival of Speed debut. The Munich-based outfit ...

Friday Morning Open Thread: Old Lies, New Wrappers
Also, WashPost: The Jeb emails we want to see concern the Nov-Dec 2000 presidential "long count." Do any exist? Are they available? — Timothy ...