Use Custom Service Account for connecting to SQL Server using windows authentication

My web server has IIS 6.0 and is not in my company's domain. I created a virtual drectory for the ASP. NET 2005 application. I am trying to connect to SQL server which is in domain with Windows Authentication.

I created a local account on WEB SERVER ex. CustomASP, I assigned it with ASP.NET permissions. Created a new application pool with configurable user the local account and assigned the ASP .NET application to the pool.

Now I need to create on SQL Server a login & grant access to the custom service account created (handles the application pool).

How am i going to let my custom service account from WEBSERVER to have access on my database in SQL Server ? Do I create a domain account with the same name/password as my custom service account (CUSTOMASP) for not having to give password and use windows authentication ?

Thanks a lot in advance!

0
ChrisDev

I decided to create a mirror account user same as my custom service account on WEBSERVER. I created a SQL login for the mirror account and a database user for it. Database user has connect & execute permissions. Also has execute permission on the first stored procedure executed.

But I am not able to login from the ASP application. Have I missed any step for granting permissions ?

Thanks a lot!

0
ChrisDev

Using forms authentication but connect to sql server using windows authentication
HiI want to use forms authentication to login to my internet application, but I want to connect to sql server 2000 using windows authentication ( via impersonation of a single windows domain account ) ( Windows 2000 server )Both web server and sql server are running on different machinesCan you tell me the configurations I need to do to allow thisThanks timoth by default the ASP.Net will try to connect with your SQl Server using ASP.Net Services Account. If you are not using a Domain Account for ASp.Net service then you can use Mirrored account i.e. create a local account with same name an...

Using forms authentication
HiI am writing an internet application that requires forms authentication to login remote usersI also want to connect to sql server using windows authenticationThe question is can Ido this?I thought if I allow IIS anonymous access, create an actual windows account to use for the anonymous access then in web.config, set impersonate = true and authentication mode = formsWill this work Many thanks Windows authentication is not delegatable unless you set up your configuration to use Kerberos.Setting up the anonymous account as a domain account with access to the database and impersonating this...

Cannot connect to local SQL Server using Vista using Windows Authentication. Please help.
I have made a fresh "default" install of Visual Studio 2008 on a fresh install of Vista 32bit. SQL Server 2005 Express has been installed as part of that process. I can access it using SQL Server Management Studio Express but from within Visual Studio I cannot. If I drag an SQL Data Source control onto a page and configure it to connect to the local server (using Windows Authentication) I get.... Cannot Connect.SQL Server does not allow remote connections.Provider: Named pipes provider, error 40 could not open a connection to SQL Server. Please help I am getting desperate!VWGo...

Using ADO to connect to SQL Server 2005 or 2008 (Express and standard) using Windows Authentication
Hi, I apologize in advance if this is an overly simple question or I have simply overlooked the obvious. With the current project (it's client server not n-tier) I'm on, we usually connect using SQL Server authentication. We now have a customer that would like to us to connect to SQL server using Windows Authentication. The customer would like to control all access to SQL server using Active Directory rather than us having the username and password on the client side connecting via SQL Server Authentication. The app is still in D5 (don't ask ;) ), with all t...

Turning off impersonation on a SQL Server datasource, connecting to datasource using Reporting Services credentials
Dear SQL Server Reporting Services Support Guru, How do we configure Reporting Services such that when it attempts to connect to a datasource (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server datasource), it connects as the service account under which it is running as opposed to the calling user? From our research we were thinking we could try one of two things:  1) change the credential type on the datasource itself so that it does not use Windows Integrated Security and instead connects as itself or 2) change the <identity impersonate="true"> flag in the web.config of the ReportServe...

Question on connection to SQL Server using windows authentication
I have a domain user account through which I can log on a machine. The machine allows me to use this domain user account to create DB in SQL Server using windows authentication. How can I define a connection string to connect SQL Server? My connection string is like: string str = "server=(local);uid='"+userName+"';password='"+password+"';database='master';connection timeout=15"; This one works on another machine where I use SA account. But this one does not work using windows authentication. I tried to use domainname\myname as user name, but failed. Cou...

SQL Server 2005 connection using Windows Authentication
is there a way to connect from PB 10.5.1 to SQL Server 2005 using Windows Authentication? On security tab, integrated field add "SSPI" in the connection dialog. Leave user name and password blank. <egattu@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:468ebb49$1@forums-1-dub... > is there a way to connect from PB 10.5.1 to SQL Server 2005 using Windows > Authentication? ...

Windows Authentication to SQL Server using Web Service
Hi there, Looking for someone who could help me out with this problem that I am facing. I am fairly new to Web Service but have some knowledge as of how it works and can write applications/Services. I have developed a Web Service that provides some Address related services to my client application that is a Win Form application. It uses a Windows Authentication to connect to SQL Server for fetching results using a Stored Procedure at SQL Server. The Web Service works fine on my local machine. It fetches me a list of Addresses that I can display on my Winform App using a Grid. ...

SQL Server using Windows NT Authentation connection string
Database Server: SQL Server 2005 Server = tsohaephqdb001 Database = D01DMAINTPLAN Process Id: Windows NT Authentation Login = asplog Password = 123456   IIS Server:  (separate machine from server) ASP.NET Version 2.0.50727Anonymous Access = TrueUser Name = asplogPassword = 123456All other options = False  (Generated by ASPRunner.Net) web.config: <?xml version="1.0"?> <configuration>   <appSettings>     <add key="...

Using Windows Account as SQL Server Account
I setup SQl Server 2005 on my PC under my Windows account of @Domain\Madog. I have administrative privelages on my PC. I can connect to SQL Server Management Studio using Windows Authenitication, and once logged in can see the above account @Domain\Madogas both a valid server login account and also a user in several databases. For example, under the master database, @Domain\Madogis listed as a user with the role of RSExecRole. I cannot, however, connect to SQL Server using SQL Server Authentication and entering @Domain\Madog and password as credentials. I thought I would be ...

Windows authentication is passing client through to Database Server instead of using the service account
I am using Windows authentication on my web application, and the application server is passing the client credentials through to the database server instead of using the Service account. Does anyone know how to stop this and setup so instead the Service account is used to talk to the database instead? hi chk if this is usefull http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms998358.aspx thanks Hi pizzamaker74, Could you clarify the question? Please show us some details. Thanks.David QianMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and ...

Why do we often use SQL Authentication to connect to SQL server?
Hi,From Building Secure ASP.NET application book, I see that Window Authentication is more secure than SQL Authentication when you connect to database. You don't have to secure the credentials. However, it seems that many Web applications are using SQL Authentication than using Window Authentication. Why does it happen? Can you explain to me, please?Thank in advance,Duc  Windows authentication requires a Windows login account.  This requires client access licenses.  A hosting service with 500 sites on a server would require 500 client access licenses for Windows, simply ...

How to add users to a SQL Server DB used for authentication using SQL query
Hi, I am looking for a simple way to add users manually to a SQL Server DB (set up using aspnet_regsql.exe) via a SQL query. What are the required values, that have to be set in the different tables? Thanks in advance, Markus By default SqlMembershipProvider calls the aspnet_Membership_CreateUser stored procedure to create a user, you can use T-SQL statment like sp_help aspnet_Membership_CreateUser to learn how to use it.Welcome to my SQL/ASPNET forum for Chinese http://51up.org/bbs/forumdisplay.php?fid=38...

Web resources about - Use Custom Service Account for connecting to SQL Server using windows authentication - asp.net.object-datasource

Authentication - Facebook-Entwickler
Please note: On October 3, 2012, the offline_access permission will be removed. If you are building...

Facebook Adds Two Factor Authentication for Login and Redesigns Family Safety Center
... announced the release of several new tools to help users stay safe while using the site. Soon, users will be able to enable two factor authentication ...

YouTube - How To Hack Twitter's New Two Factor Authentication
Veröffentlicht am 23.05.2013 Connect! http://toopher.com http://facebook.com/toopherinc http://twitter.com/toopher CEO Josh Alexander wants ...

Two-factor authentication - cyber security -
Two recent hacking cases highlight how personal emails can impact overall business security through tiny weaknesses.

Two-factor authentication: double or nothing
An extra layer of security keeps hackers at bay.