uploading a image in to the sql server 2005 database using vb.net 3.5

i am currently developing a web project using asp.net.i need to upload a image file to the database using asp.net.i am using linq to interactwith the database.

can some one help me in writing these codes.

{i need to know how to get the image size and i need the image content type to upload image)

please let me know what are the codes i should use to get the image size and content type.

i have used the following code but no use

                                   Dim intImageSize As Int64                                    Dim strImageType As String                                    Dim ImageStream As Stream                                     ' Gets the Size of the Image                                    intImageSize = PersonImage.PostedFile.ContentLength                                                                        ' Gets the Image Type                                    strImageType = PersonImage.PostedFile.ContentType                                                                        ' Reads the Image                                    ImageStream = PersonImage.PostedFile.InputStream                                     Dim ImageContent(intImageSize) As Byte                                    Dim intStatus As Integer

                                    intStatus = ImageStream.Read(ImageContent, 0, intImageSize)

this code will give a error in build.

thanks.

0
duminda_dayan

Ruffone
1/25/2008 3:57:40 PM

 Check this

 http://www.aspnettutorials.com/tutorials/database/Save-Img-ToDB-VB.aspx

Regards,Vinz

vinz
1/25/2008 5:20:30 PM

thanks a lot.....it realy helped me a lot.

regards

duminda

0
duminda_dayan
1/26/2008 11:59:39 AM

Following code will allow you to upload an image to SQL server database

If FileUpload1.HasFile Then

Dim intImageSize As Int64

Dim strImageType As String

Dim ImageStream As Stream

' Gets the Size of the Image

intImageSize = FileUpload1.PostedFile.ContentLength

' Gets the Image Type

strImageType = FileUpload1.PostedFile.ContentType

' Reads the Image

ImageStream = FileUpload1.PostedFile.InputStream

Dim ImageContent(intImageSize) As Byte

Dim intStatus As Integer

intStatus = ImageStream.Read(ImageContent, 0, intImageSize)

Dim Service_RImage_Context As New Service_Request_ImagesDataContextDim rs_SRI As New tbl_service_request_image

rs_SRI.image_type = strImageType

rs_SRI.image = ImageContent

rs_SRI.Request_id = hash_code

Service_RImage_Context.tbl_service_request_images.InsertOnSubmit(rs_SRI)

Service_RImage_Context.SubmitChanges()

End If

0
duminda_dayan

Can SQL Server 2005 STD be upgraded to use .Net 3.5?
Hello,   I was wondering if anyone knew if I can upgrade my platform from .Net 2.0 to .Net 3.5 for SQL Server Std 2005? I am using Windows Server 2003. I'm assuming that there will not be an issue, but I wouldn't mind some advice so I can make a more informed decision. If it matters, we are currently using VS2005 Pro and we are considering upgrading to VS2008 Pro (and a slim possibility of going to SQL Server 2008 STD).   Thanks,   JD The different .NET frameworks (1.1, 2.0, 3.5) can all run side-by-side on a machine, so installing the 3.5 framework will not...

SQL Server 2005 images with VB.NET 2005.. Help Please...
Hello to all, I really Hope you can help me. I need to build an App that has the feature to upload images to a database, as well as retrieve them. I am not an expert in ASP.NET.. here is what I got: I have a DB with a table named "Slide", in it there is a column named "image" it is image SQL Data type..I already have the GUI built, a text box for the file name, and a button that will browse the image.In the VB code i have: Imports Data.System.SQLClient' code... 'I know i have to "Split apart" the image into binary data.. how can I do ...

Attach SQL DB to SQL Server 2005 using VB.Net
Is there any way to attach a SQL DB to SQL Server 2005 using VB.Net?  If so can you also set security? Can you rephrase your question? Attach SQL DB from which version of SQL server ? Look up books online for sp_attachdb and sp_detachdb.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** I have a DB that was created in SQL Server 2005.  I have a website that displays data from systems all over the world.  Each system sends it's data to it's own DB.  The customer can then go to a website and see the data at real time.  What ...

display images from SQL Server image across intranet using ado.net filestream object
folks  i recently attended an MCPD boot camp where they taught me to access and store images using SQL Server and the filestream object.  Previously i had (sensibly) used a file server and impersonation to copy files. Uploading works fine.  Viewing works fine in debug so i rolled out an app in my work where the pics are uploaded and viewed across the intranet. to my horror i realised (too late!) that whilst it works fine in debug, it does not work when published. now no one but me can access these pics and it is a night mare.  the only documentation i have found ...

Save a Images into SQL Server Using VB.Net
I am trying to create a website that people can upload an image and have it saved to a database.  Can someone point me in the right direction on this?  What properties need to be saved in the db and how? Maybe this can help you http://www.dotnetspider.com/Question117.aspx http://www.vbdotnetheaven.com/UploadFile/aghiondea2/StoringImagesInVB11122005034248AM/StoringImagesInVB.aspx?ArticleID=7ed1fe42-0819-4912-88ae-bbc43829d8a6   hi, check this url, http://www.codeproject.com/KB/web-image/PicManager.aspx http://www.vbdotnetheaven.com/UploadFile/aghiondea2/StoringImagesInVB11122005034248AM/StoringImagesInVB.aspx?ArticleID=7ed1fe42-0819-4912-88ae-bbc43829d8a6   The one from CodeProject worked Great but now I need to display the image and I am getting an error when I try the code on CodeProject site.   System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.   Dim len As Integer = FileUpload.PostedFile.ContentLengthDim pic() As Byte = New Byte(len) {} FileUpload.PostedFile.InputStream.Read(pic, 0, len) conn = New SqlConnection(SQLserver)SQL = New SqlCommand("ImageUpload", conn) SQL.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedureSQL.Parameters.Add("@ECN", SqlDbType.Int) SQL.Parameters.Add("@Image", SqlDbType.Image)SQL.Parameters(0).Value = Session("ECN") SQL.Parameters(1).Value = pic conn.Open() SQL.ExecuteNonQuery() conn.Close()Dim stream As MemoryStream = New MemoryStreamSQL = New SqlComma...

Using VB.NET to export data from SQL Server 2005 to Excel
Hi There, I just want to know how to export data from SQL Server 2005 to an excel spread sheet, using VB.NET?ThanksSJB  Everytime I should export data from SQL to Excel with code, I simply create a ; seperated file (*.csv). So if you want to do the same you can simply use ADO.Net to query your database and get a result set from your tables. Walk trough the rows and get its value and create a textfile with the System.IO namespace. The file can look like: column1;column2;column3 value1;value2;value3 value1;value2;value3 The first row can if you want have the name of the column tha...

Image storage via DataWindow.NET using Sql Server 2005...
Hi all, I have a need to store customer logos & other images on our Sql Server 2005 db. And the datatype we're told to use by Microsoft is "varbinary(max)". Works like a charm via straight DotNet code for all major image filetypes. But I've tried many ways to get this to work in the DataWindow designer (so images will show up on reports based on customer), and it barks every time. Doesn't matter what control type I attempt to use. I've not been able to find any documentation in the DataWindow.NET help files about it. Please let me know your thoughts....

Using variables in SQL statement (.NET 3.5, VB, Oracle)
Hi Guys, I am trying to manipulate an SQL statement based on the return from a menu with auto postback enabled.Simply I am working with dates, so I will declare variables for today, next week, last week and so on.How do I then use this in the SQL? I assumed that if I declared the following Dim my_today As String = Format(Date.Now(), "dd/MMM/yyyy")Then in the SQL I used SELECT *  FROM my_table item_date = @my_todayI would get a result, but I get an error. What is the right way to do this? Many thanksSteve  take a flag variable. if want today re...

PowerBuilder 11.5 does not disconnect from SQL Server 2005 using ADO.Net
Hi. I'm work with PowerBuilder 11.5 Build 4566 and SQLServer 2005 SP2 and try to disconnect using sqlca; but don`t work using ADO.Net driver. Help me please. Thanks Marcelo Pe�ailillo ...

shopping cart in VB.NET, uses SQL server express edition 2005, anyone?
Hello i want to create a shopping cart which uses SQL server express 2005 as the database for my school project...Any good tutorials for this? Perhaps you can delve in to the source code of some of the open source offerings out there? Maybe DotShoppingCart or dashCommerce, both of which you can find links to on the Starter Kits and Community Projects page.Gavin HarrissPortfolio: www.gavinharriss.com Thank you very much for the suggestion! :)  my friend gave me a great shopping cart code which uses VB.net and SQL server express edition! Once again, thanks :)  ...

VB.NET Codebehind Code to Update SQL Server 2005 Using SQLDataSource Control?
Hi, I am a newbie in using ASP.NET 2.0 and ADO.NET.  I wrote a hangman game and want to record statistics at the end of each game.  I will create and update records in the database for each authenticated user as well as a record for the Anonymous, unauthenticated user.  After a win or loss has occurred, I want to programmatically use the SQLDataSource control to increment the statistics counters for the appropriate record in the database (note I don't want to show anything or get user input for this function). I need a VB.NET codebehind example that will show me how I sho...

moving data from vb.net 1.1 Datagrid to sql server 2005 database
Hi, I was hoping someone could help me with a problem I am having. I can get the datagrid to populate from the database fine, like so:     Public Sub BindTheData()         Dim strConn As String        strConn = System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("ConnectionString")        Dim objConn As SqlConnection        objConn = New SqlConnection(strConn)        Dim myCmd As SqlComman...

Installation of Visualstudio.net -2003 & 2005 and SqlServer 2000&2005 and .net f\w 3.0 and WSS 3.0 on win 2003 server
My computer has Windows Server 2003 OS with Service pack 2 installed.  I want Installations sequence for installing 1.Visual Studio.Net 2003. 2.Visual Studio.Net 2005. 3.Sql server 2000. 4.Sql Server 2005. 5..Net frame work 3.0. 6.WSS 3.0. 7.Web Parts dll for visual studio.net 2005. Can any one help or give details of installing these and precautions needed to be taken like necessary service packs and updates .because when i tried to install web parts in Visual Studio.Net 2005. the setup was unsuccessful and reason was the setup is telling that "unable to detect visual st...

Extended Attribute Corruption in PB 10.5 using ADO.NET for SQL Server 2005
Extended Attributes don't seem to be working correctly when connected to SQL Server 2005 via ADO.NET. Here's how to reproduce the problem: Connect to a SQL Server database via an ADO.NET Profile in the PowerBuilder database painter. Add a new Edit Style (under Extended Attributes) that uses the default Style "Edit". Check the "Auto Selection" checkbox and click OK to save the new Edit Style. Open the new Edit Style. The "Auto Selection" checkbox should still be checked. Now click OK to close the Edit Style once again. Open the Edit Styl...

Migrate Database from SQL Server 2005 beta 3 to Sql Server 2005 Release
Do you now, How can I move database with datas to release version of sql server? Procedores backup/restore can't help becouse of unsuported version database. Any ideas? What about generate a schema script?  Then run an install of your schema in a new query.  You could at least get the db schema but not the data.Eric RamseurRainbow Portal 2.0 AdminDownload Rainbow 2.0!!Rainbow Code Rainbow Portal CommunityC# 2005 Group but I have many datas...

Using membership and roles in VB.NET 2005 and SQL 2005
Hi All, I am newbe and dont realy understand how to use roles and implement ASPNETDB. Here is the scenario: I have created a DB connection to my local network SQL 2005 development server and created the role database . When I add roles and users using Web Administration tool, the new database is created in a folder App_Data and all data is saved there instead on the actual SQL server.  The database connection string in the configuration file is correct as I am connected to the server but data is writen in a App_Data folder database instead on the server database. ...

Using VS.net 2005 and SQL Server 2005 for real projects?
We are working on the design of our new web site, which we initially targeted for ASP.NET 1.1.  We also planned on using SQL Server Reporting Services from SQL Server 2000.  However, I have been reading about ASP.NET 2.0, as well as vs.net 2005 and SQL Server 2005, including the fact that they are planned for release in Novemeber.  My questions is - should we consider using the beta products for our project, with the thought that they are relatively stable and production versions will be out in a few months?  I do see a number of attractive features in these new releases ...

VS.NET 2005 beta 1 and SQL Server 2005 beta 3
Hello, I can't get Visual Studio .NET 2005 beta 1 and SQL Server 2005 beta 3 without there being issues between the two. They both require their own version of the .NET framework 2 beta, and then the other problem doesn't work correctly. Should I install VS.NET 2005 and then install a later build? Where can I get the newest build? BrianBrian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4). If you're talking about SqlServer 2005 Beta2, then yse they can wo...

Using a REST API using "Astoria" (with .NET Framework 3.5 and VS.NET 2008 SP1)
Hello! I'm really interested in learning how to work with the new .NET Framework 3.5 and VS.NET 2008 SP1 (still beta). Here is my question: I would like to use a REST API that is not made by me. I'm talking about the REST API of Community Server 2008 (www.communityserver.org). I've got the full specification of the API. They have it well documented and ready to go. It appears to be very easy to use, but... HOW? How to connect the web services with the new .NET 3.5 properly? The full specification can be read here: http://api.communityserver.org. I've successully used...

Working in VB.Net 2005 inserting NULL into a field in Microsoft SQL Server 2005
I am update/inserting records threw a web form in vb.net. I need to insert 'NULL'  into my microsoft sql server database.  I am not talking about the below line of code where website is the name of my paramater.  If i do that it will just place a blank into that field in the database.  If i dont enter anything into that textbox I want it to to say NULL in that field. So if I go into the actual table in the SQL Server Management Studio and look at the website field of the recored I just added or updated and did not type anything into the web site textbo...

How to transfer a GUID created using vb.net into a SQL database using a stored procedure
I am able to create a guid using: Public Function GetGUID() As String ' Returns a new GUID Return System.Guid.NewGuid.ToString End Function however when I try to add this to a parameter using the following: Me.cmdSpAddOptions.Parameters("@QuoteDetailID").Value = GetGUID() I get an error, I have also tried this: Dim uidQuoteDetail As String = GetGUID() Dim myuid = New System.Guid(uidQuoteDetail) Me.cmdSpAddOptions.Parameters("@QuoteDetailID").Value = myuid but get the error "Object must implement IConvertible" A...

Web resources about - uploading a image in to the sql server 2005 database using vb.net 3.5 - asp.net.object-datasource

Uploading and downloading - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Examples of a remote system from which a download might be performed include a web server , FTP server, email server, or other similar systems. ...

Facebook Lets You Tag Photos While They're Uploading
Facebook now lets you add tags to photos before they're finished uploading.

Facebook for iPhone 3.0 to Include Video Uploading for 3GS Owners
We’ve heard a lot of people say the iPhone’s built-in support for YouTube video uploading is going to make a huge impact on the number of people ...

Defence bureaucrat pleads guilty to uploading secret document online
... embarrassing security breach with "Five Eyes" intelligence document. A former junior Defence bureaucrat has pleaded guilty to uploading ...

Uploading Bautista bat flip GIFs could get you sued under TPP, copyright activists warn
Copyright activists say Canadians could face lawsuits, fines or worse for ripping the latest Justin Bieber CD or uploading an animated GIF of ...

Xiaomi apologizes for uploading address book data from smartphones without permission
Former Android head and Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra has apologized to owners of its smartphones for "any concern caused" by collecting contact data ...

Senator calls for FTC investigation of Apple and Google over stealth photo uploading capabilities
Is this how we’ll have to open apps in the future? When we broke the news that iOS (and later Android) apps could upload your photo library (along ...

YouTubers Now Uploading Over 35 Hours Of Video Per Minute!
This week YouTube's got some big news! YouTubers are now uploading over 35 hours of video per minute, up from 24 hours a minute in March.

Google Play Books updated with new design, PDF and EPUB uploading
Caught up in all of the hullabaloo around the keynote, Google Play Books received a notable update in the Play Store to not only bring new UI ...

Twitter rolling out group messaging, 30-second video uploading
Fast Company Twitter rolling out group messaging, 30-second video uploading Android Community Different social networks are doing everything ...