Transfer Data From One Database into a Different Database

Is it possible to retrieve Data from SQL Database #1 and insert it into SQL Database #2 using a Stored Procedure? Thanks.
0
asp

Yes it is possible

You can use something like
INSERT INTO Database-1.dbo.TableA
SELECT country_name
FROM Database-2.dbo.TableB
Om Prakash

0
om_prakash

How to transfer the table & its data from one database to another database
Hi I need to transfer the records & strcuture of the table from Database1 to Database2. It is like export/import functionality SQL server. Is there any way to do like this in ASA 8.0.2 B'cos most of the time i need to transfer some of the objects with data from one database to another. Please help me in this regard Thanks in advance Shankar Hi, I am doing this through a few ISQL statements e.g. (connected to db1) SELECT * FROM CUSTOMERS; OUTPUT TO "c:\\tmp\\customers.txt" FORMAT ASCII DELIMITED BY '\x09'; SELECT * FROM SUPPLIERS; OUTPUT...

Coping Database objects from one database to another blank database.
I want to create a duplicate database   in sql 2000 using asp.net from a webform I created a database using CREATE DATABASE ....... But how to copy tables, views, stored procedures to newly created database from old using asp.net from webform Is there any another method to create a duplicate database with another name from existing database on same server ? yes you can do have another DB with different name and that has everything the same .....!!!Fadil Alnassar www.fadilalnassar.com | FREE Nodil Tab Controlhttp://www.mefranchising.com One way it can be done is with...

How to transfer data from a database to another database.
Hi,    I want to transfer some tables and their data from a database to another database so what is the best way of doing..  In the source Database i right click on that table and then gave Script table and then selected Create To and then copied that create table query and pasted it in the destination table..   So is there is way i can get the rows from all of that table.. There are around... 1000 rows or something like that and that database consits of 5 - 6 tables. any help will be appreciated.. Regards, Karen Hi Karen, If you right click on the database...

copy database one database to onther database
hii want to copy one database table to onther database table using script?my database is ms-sql server 2000 Nothing is really over,untill the moment stop trying for it...Amitsp(MCTS,MCP)sqlreporting.blogspot.com You can use import/export task and DTS package created automatically by Enterprise manager or just try  select * INTO [newdatabase].dbo.[newTable] from [sourceDatabase].dbo.[sourcetable]  good luckThanksJPazgier no dear i want to this programatticallyiusing c #,source is my database in local machine and target is other computer means server Nothing is really...

How to transfer data from mobile database into workstation database?
How should I transfer data from mobile database into workstation database? My case is wanted transfer a batch of data that i scanned into workstation database. Any method to use? create xml file? or other? Any filter have to consider? Now my case is mobile application write a xml file and have to transfer the xml file to workstation pc through the activesync. What is the available location path can save? Don't forget that the xml file have to write into workstation database. Any sample code?  ...

Table transfer from one Database to another Database
Hi,I want to transfer one table to transfer another table using dataset and writing ASP.NET code, tables are in different databases, and databases are in different servers. I wrote the following code, the second table is empty initially; public DataSet DS1;public DataSet DS2;public SqlDataAdapter DA2; private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e){ // get dataset from database1 and display in gridSqlConnection conn1 = new SqlConnection("server=(local);database=;Uid=;password="); String strSQL1 = "select * from myTable1"; SqlDataAdapter DA1 = new SqlDataAdapter(strSQL1,conn1...

Error when transferring data from local database to hosted database
Hi,   I tried to tranfers some database tables from my local SQL Server 2000 database to a hosted database (SQL Server 2005) MSSQL Management Studio 2005. I did the same job successfully before also from my local MSSQL2000 to another hosted MSSQL2005 database. However, this time I encounter the following problem (in red below).   I opened a ticket for support from my service provider but they seemed to have no idea. Therefore, I must seek for help on this forum. Could anyone please give me some advice? Thank you very much in advance.   Regards,Kenny   Messa...

How to Import the data form One database to another database ?
Hi All i populate 2 datawindows in diffrent databases(one is pardox another is delphi database) we r going to merge the 2 database table fields which r equal at that time i need this database to be stored to Third database when button click i want to import the data in third database(any other like oracle or access sybase) ThanQ vasu Vasu; Yes, this is possible, but first - How are you populating the first 2 DW's? Also, Is their structure (columns) the same? What release of PB are you using? regards ... Chris "venu" <pkkrao1@rediffmail.com...

Disconnections during transfer of data from PocketPC database to remote database on desktop
Hi, I have run into a problem with disconnections occuring while transferring large amounts of data between the pocketpc database and the remote database on the desktop computer while connected with Activesync. I know that my code for transferring data is correct because i can transfer a couple holes. The disconnect only occurs when transferring multiple holes containing a large amount of data. 3 seems to be the magic number. If i transfer 2 holes it seems to work correctly, but when transferring 3, i am prompted for connection information half way through the transfer of the ...

Connecting to Sql database and retrieving one row of data from database
Hi Guys.I am trying to connect to a Sql Database in my application through an object of SqlConnection class,then trying to read data one row at a time through DataRow class and then displaying each column(there are total 3 columns in a row) in three textboxes.Can anyone tell me the code to do so? Hi, Reffer this link for connecting with sql server and also with Insert update Delete and select statements http://www.aspsnippets.com/post/2009/02/09/Parameterized-Queries-ADONet.aspx   Best Regardslife is name of learning!Mark as an answer if it helps...

Call data from database and change data in database.
How can I call the value of a field from a database and then use an "if" to do different things when the user clicks on a button? Also, how can I then change that value of the field when I want to? Thanks, Sam  Could you please explain the question in detail.......     From the question, we can get the value by   OdbcConnection con = new OdbcConnection(); con.ConnectionString = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["ConnectionStringName"].ConnectionString; con.Open(); OdbcCommand cmd = new OdbcCommand("SELECT ID FROM tabl...

How to write a stored procedure to copy the data from one database to another database
 I want to copy the data from one database to another database every 12 hrs.(This is variable). Say for example I have 3 applications and I want to copy the data from Parentdatabase1 and insert into CopyofParentdatabase1 for every 6 hrsParentdatabase2 and insert into CopyofParentdatabase2 for every 8 hrsParentdatabase3 and insert into CopyofParentdatabase3 for every 12 hrsI have heard that we can do this by using SQL Server Integration Services but as of now we cannot use SSIS. So I want to do this using Stored procedures. Is there a way to schedule the batch job for to run all these st...

import one table from one database to another database
if i have one table from database A, and i want to copy the table to database B, then how to do it in SQL server management studio express? is it i have to make sql query?Taj FreewarezNo limitations...It is not a shareware...It is simply free :)http://tajfreeware.blogspot.com try      select * into databaseB.dbo.TableA            from databaseA.dbo.TableA or go to database B and run   select * into TableA              from databaseA.dbo.TableA...

Transferring data from one database to another both on same DataSnap Server
Hello, I have one DataSnap Server with two databases: InterBase and MSSQL; the core database is InterBase and every day I need to transfer the data from one table of MSSQL to the identical table on InterBase, because it is much more simple to manage many other functions of the application directly on the InterBase database. The problem is that I can´t access form Unit1 of DataSnap Server, where I want to make this data transfer using a piece of code, to ServerMethodsUnit1 where are the datasets of both databases . When I try to access to the ServerMethodsUnit1 datasets I received a Li...

Web resources about - Transfer Data From One Database into a Different Database - asp.net.object-datasource

Hillary Clinton's private server had two 'top secret' emails
Those concerns that Hillary Clinton's private email server had classified intel? They're apparently well-founded. Sources for Fox News and Politico ...

Star Wars Yule Log time: Five hours of Darth Vader’s burning suit
This afternoon we happened upon a YouTube-based Yule log uploaded this month by one giant Star Wars fan by the name of Benjamin Apple. This fellow ...

Buying a Car? A Home? Fed Rate Hike Shouldn't Matter Much
Buying a car? A home? Fed rate increase shouldn't matter much; 'Most people won't even notice'

Amazon has big plans for Uber-like ‘Flex’ package delivery service, job postings reveal
Amazon says its experiment with an Uber-style delivery network called Flex has gone so well in Seattle over the past few months that it’s planning ...

School Threats Prompt Proposals for Tougher Penalties
No longer seen as pranks, school threats prompt proposals for tougher penalties across US

California unveils draft rules that mandate a licensed driver with special training be present in self-driving ...
Wall Street Journal : California unveils draft rules that mandate a licensed driver with special training be present in self-driving cars — California ...

Mistrial declared in Freddie Gray police brutality case
Jurors were unable to agree in the case of a man who died after suffering severe injuries while in the custody of Baltimore police, leading the ...

Obama will travel to San Bernardino to mourn victims of massacre
Los Angeles Times Obama will travel to San Bernardino to mourn victims of massacre Los Angeles Times President Obama will travel to San Bernardino ...

Microsoft restarts Windows 10 Insider delivery with new beta build
Microsoft today restarted distribution of Windows 10 previews by delivering the first new build since the November upgrade of five weeks ago. ...

Hideo Kojima and Sony partner for new PlayStation-exclusive game
Hideo Kojima exits Konami; Forms independent studio; Partners with Sony on debut game.