populating web form objects when using Visual Studio.NET

What is the best way of creating datasets for asp.net pages and populating web form objects. I have always created datasets within a sub routine and then populated my web form controls from that dataset. I was given some code that the pages were created in visual studio. I know the page gets its data from a stored procedure. What I can't find is code that calls that stored procedure and also populates the web form objects. Most of my asp.net development has been done on the asp.net page and not in Visual Studio. So if someone could tell me what to look for that would be great.
0
Collegesprtsfan

Well, the adapter and dataset could be in the page designer; VS allows RAD database development by specifying an adapter/dataset right in the page designer, and bind all of the objects that way.  Or, a business component could have been used that calls a data component, which returns an object to bind to.  Could you post code?  I could tell you more that way.
Brian

"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4).
0
bmains

Creating visual objects on a PB form using .NET assembly logic.
Using PB11.5 I have successfully referenced a .NET assembly to display separate forms, but I haven't quite figured out how to, or if it's even possible to, display visual objects. Would it be possible to draw a button or datawindow on an existing PB form from within a referenced .NET assembly? I think i'm talking in circles kind of, but any clarification would be appreciated. ...

Using web matrix web server with Visual Studio .NET 2003
Hello all, I am a computer system technology student and my college is a part of the MSDN Academic alliance, so I managed to recieve an educational copy of Visual Studio.NET 2003. Seeing as I am on a work term and actually have free time at night... I have decided to punish myself and learn another technology. My problem is that I am running it on a Windows XP Home edition system at home, so I cannot run IIS. I do have the professional CD, also from MSDN acdemic alliance, but, 1) I may someday use my XP Home to produce comercial solutions in HTML, PHP, JSP or other (though I'll pr...

Visual Basic.NET or Visual Studio.NET?

Visual Studio .Net? Visual Basic .Net?

Visual Studio.Net and using the latest .net framework references
I have installed the .net framework v1.1 on my machine as I am running/developing sites running the v1.1 of asp.net. So earlier today I tried to use a v1.1 .net feature which was the hasrows() method of the SqlDataReader class only to find that I wasnt running v1.1 in visual studio. As I got a compilation error in Visual Studio when i tried to compile this. I then looked at the references to the system classes that visual studio adds when you create a project and would you believe it they were still using the v1.0 files? How do i get it to use the v1.1 files so that i can use these new featu...

Replace the .NET 1.1 Behavior-Object with the .NET 2.0 Tag-Object , How to?
Hello, to set the Style - Attribute of my custom controls tag in source view from within its designer i use now the following code:Behavior.SetStyleAttribute("Left", false, val, true);This works fine but my visual studio 2005 / asp.net 2.0 says that the Behavior object is obsolete. The recommended alternative is the Tag object. But when i use it to set the Style attribute it doesn't work . I can set all other attributes or even create new ones using this Tag object but it does'nt work for the style attribute at all. What am i doing wrong? If I can't set the style attribute in my custom contr...

Web resources about - populating web form objects when using Visual Studio.NET - asp.net.object-datasource

Koalas over-populating Great Ocean Road 'fell out of trees due to starvation'
A koala expert says the culling of more than 700 koalas was necessary because they were "falling out of the trees due to starvation".

Apple begins populating international iBookstores - iLounge News
According to a report from Italian language iPadevice (Translated Link), Apple has begun populating the iBookstores of Australia, Canada, France, ...

Disney is populating their theme parks with robots that can THROW THINGS AT YOU
Disney is hard at work bringing about the Robopocalypse. Behold the throwing bots, the brand-new batch of robots Disney can't wait to unleash ...

Cavuto on Bartiromo at FBN: ‘We’re Populating it with Italians’
Neil Cavuto went on Brian Kilmeade ‘s Fox News Radio show today to talk about the addition of Maria Bartiromo to the FBN line-up. “We’re populating ...

Starbucks Plans to Begin Populating India at Last
Starbucks, the popular American coffee retailer, plans to open its first store in India in September through a joint venture with Tata Global ...

American cougars are re-populating their historical range
American mountain lions, or cougars, are re-emerging in areas of the United States, reversing 100 years of decline. The evidence, [...

Cougars are re-populating their historical range, new study confirms
American mountain lions, or cougars, are re-emerging in areas of the United States, reversing 100 years of decline. The evidence raises new conservation ...

Populating DeLong: Long Form
I have now populated [DeLong: Long Form](http://delong.typepad.com/delong_long_form/) from the present back through the start of 2012for those ...

Cougars are re-populating their historical range, new study confirms
American mountain lions, or cougars, are re-emerging in areas of the United States, reversing 100 years of decline. The evidence, published in ...

Seattle’s unlikely hero? How RealNetworks sparked the region’s startup community
... such as Amazon.com and Microsoft. But the DNA of another company has had a surprising impact on the Seattle startup ecosystem, populating dozens ...