ObjectDataSource 'objDSArticles' could not find a non-generic method 'Delete' that has parameters: ArticleID.

Ok, my site was modified and I added 3 columns to my table.  I have a page which adds an article and writes it to the table now just fine and all 3 columns are getting the data.  I had to execute some sql quereies on my stored procedures, and moify my business logic area and also the code behind file for my page.  Now, when I go to delete the article, the article is in fact getting deleted from the table. The entire row is gone when I close and reopen the table, however, I am NOT being returned to page that called the delete, and instead this page is being displayed:

                      <code><pre>

[InvalidOperationException: ObjectDataSource 'objDSArticles' could not find a non-generic method 'Delete' that has parameters: ArticleID, tran, original_ArticleID.]
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.ObjectDataSourceView.GetResolvedMethodData(Type type, String methodName, IDictionary allParameters, DataSourceOperation operation) +1440
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.ObjectDataSourceView.ExecuteDelete(IDictionary keys, IDictionary oldValues) +1338
   System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Delete(IDictionary keys, IDictionary oldValues, DataSourceViewOperationCallback callback) +176
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.HandleDelete(GridViewRow row, Int32 rowIndex) +913
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.HandleEvent(EventArgs e, Boolean causesValidation, String validationGroup) +1067
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +214

 Here's the Gridview:

<asp:GridView ID="gvArticles" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataSourceID="objDSArticles"
  OnDataBinding="gv_DataBinding"
  OnRowDeleting="gv_RowDeleting"
  OnPageIndexChanging="gv_PageIndexChanging"
  OnRowCommand="gv_RowCommandArticles"
  AllowPaging="True"
  PagerSettings-Mode="NumericFirstLast"
  PageSize="30"
  PagerSettings-Position="TopAndBottom"
  PagerSettings-PageButtonCount="10"
  PagerStyle-HorizontalAlign="left"
  AllowSorting="True"
  DataKeyNames="ArticleID"

The ArticleID is the primary key for the table.  If the deletion is working, why would I not get returned back to the page that calls this?

 This is from my business logic area Article.vb It appears that it only wants 2 parameters.  Yet the error page above says it looking for 3? ArticleID, tran and and "original_article_id" ? What is this last one? Is this the problem?

    Public Shared Function Delete(ByVal ArticleID As Integer, Optional ByVal tran As SqlTransaction = Nothing) As Boolean

        Try
            If tran is Nothing Then
                Database.ExecuteNonQuery(DataFuncs.GetConnectionString(), "sp_Article_Delete", ArticleID)

            Else
                Database.ExecuteNonQuery(tran, "sp_Article_Delete", ArticleID)

            End If
            Return True
        Catch ex As Exception
            Return False
        End Try
    End Function

Scot King
SEO Software Tool | Search Engine Optimization

"Get your page rank high"
0
sking

I seem to be finding my own solutions here.  I got rid of this message by changing the following code:

<asp:ObjectDataSource ID="objDSArticles" runat="server" TypeName="BusinessLogic.Article" SelectMethod="GetbyFieldValue" deleteMethod="Delete" InsertMethod="Add" OldValuesParameterFormatString="original_{0}" UpdateMethod="Update">

 which handles this gridview to:

 <asp:ObjectDataSource ID="objDSArticles" runat="server" TypeName="BusinessLogic.Article" SelectMethod="GetbyFieldValue" deleteMethod="Delete">

 no more error page. :>

Scot King
SEO Software Tool | Search Engine Optimization

"Get your page rank high"
0
sking

ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'name_of_the Method' that has parameters
Hi am getting this error when am trying to insert new record in Details View   ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'insertdata' that has parameters    The data source for the details view is objectdatasoure which configured on class located in app_code folder   the class contain 2 methods one for selecting and one for inserting  ,     please anyone can help to solve this problem 1) Did you define the method that will handle the inserting for the ObjectDataSource control? (posting the code from the .as...

ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'Update' that has parameters:
Error Message:  Server Error in '/call in' Application.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'Update' that has parameters: Name, Date, Shift, Call_Answered, Left_Message, Call_Returned, Available, Complete, original_TaskID, Call Answered, Left Message, Call Returned. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Excepti...

ObjectDataSource 'SearchDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'Update' that has parameters ...
Sorry to post yet another question about this.  I've spent 5 days googling and found great solutions such as:  In Design Mode on your aspx click on your SearchDataSource and change the OldValuesParameterFormatString from "Origional_{0}" to "{0}" without the quotes.  I've also read that you should set the ID columns read-only property to false.  I've also read several posts where someone has just mis-spelled something or the parameters in their Update didn't match their DataSet.  So I've seen many happy people and I'm a hope...

ObjectDataSource 'assessComps' could not find a non-generic method 'GetCompetenciesByAssessmentID' that has parameters
I am attempting to create a 3 tier architecture as described in Scott Mitchell's tutorial on this site, and I receive the following error that is driving me insane.  ObjectDataSource 'assessComps' could not find a non-generic method 'GetCompetenciesByAssessmentID' that has parameters I have seen several posts in relation to this error message but those all seem to be in regard to inserting, updating, or deleting data. In my case, I only need to select the data, and I couldn't find anything relative to that here. On to the code...  The code for each tier is as follows. Pre...

ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'Insert' that has parameters
Same problem 99% of all Object programmers in VS2005 are having when using Insert and XSD's.  I have a DETAILS VIEW (not a gridview) for INSERTING records into a database.  XSD has been built with ONE stored procedure added to it (thought I'd narrow it down).  The spInsertRecord (for example) is connected to the INSERT dropdown on the datasource and the SELECT procedure (of course, we HAVE to have one of those or you jsut don't get the "next" button in the wonderful wizard of MS) set to CreateObjRef (because I've already tried creating a SP just for ...

ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'updateEvent' that has parameters

ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'GetRatings' that has no parameters.
I've been studying this tutorial over here at: http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/data/databases.aspx#updatedelete but I can't seem to get my gridview working.  I want to be able to edit the fields and also delete an entire row from the table if needed. I hard coded in the update and delete commands into my objectdatasource but I still get the error message. Also, I can't even refresh the aspx page: <%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/templates/admin.master" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="article_comments.as...

ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'Update' that has parameters:
Looks like I am not the only person th ever have a problem with this, and I have it working fine on other forms.   Any help would be appreciated.  Again here select, and delete are ok.  I handle the adds with BLL code just the Update is making me crazy.  I have included the code for the aspx page and a snippet of the xsd code dealing with the Update. Error Message: ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'Update' that has parameters: CompanyID, FacilityName, Address1, Address2, C...

ObjectDataSource '...' could not find a non-generic method '...'
In Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition, I've created an ASPX page that uses a DetailsView and an ObjectDataSource ('ObjectDataSource1') to connect to an Access 2003 database, via a TableAdapter.  I've successfully created SELECT and UPDATE ('UpdateAddrQuery') methods in the TableAdapter but noticed that when I included any of these columns [E-mail], [2003Campaign], [2007Campaign], [Date Joined], [Grant Size], and [Next Deadline], it would generate an error message.  In the case  of [Next Deadline] it is as follows:   ObjectDataSource 'O...

ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'xxx' that has [no] parameters: yyyyyyyyy
Please help! This is a simple form with an Add button, a Gridview with Edit and Delete enabled, and an ObjectDataSource. The ObjectDataSource references a class in the App_Code directory, which provides sub routines for the Get, Insert, Update, and Delete actions. Each subroutine calls a stored procedure. The Insert capability works fine, and the GridView displays the data using the Get method just fine as well. However, there are two errors: First is on the UpdateMethod:ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'UpdateObject' that has parameters: objectText....

ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'GetData' that has parameters: CustomerID, .
Hi all!  I'm getting this error in my page. I have a ReportViewer object and its ObjectDataSource. I've seen some fixes changing the OldValuesParameterFormatString from "original_{0}" to "{0}", but no way. Any idea? <rsweb:ReportViewer ID="RVScan" runat="server" Font-Names="Verdana" Font-Size="8pt" Height="100px" Width="150px" ShowToolBar="False"> <LocalReport ReportPath="ReportScan.rdlc"> <DataSources> <rsweb:ReportDataSource DataSourceId="ObjectDataSource2" Name="MonitorDS_AuditMonitor" /> </DataSources> </LocalReport> </rsweb:Repo...

ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'FillMenusByLocation' that has parameters: @locationId
I'm trying to use a typed dataset and ObjectDataSource binding to SQLX db using a foreign key to filter the returned result set to display in a GridView.The error is generated when I try to bind the following GridView to the ObjectSource that follows: <asp:ObjectDataSource ID="ObjectDataSource1" runat="server" DeleteMethod="Delete" InsertMethod="Insert" SelectMethod="FillMenusByLocation"             TypeName="RestaurantsTableAdapters.MenusTableAdapter" UpdateMethod="Update">    <DeleteParameters> &nbs...

Where do I look in my source to find the code that is causing this error ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'Update' that has parameters
Hi; My problem began when I deleted the key field in my grid view. I checked my web page code and also corrected my update command and parameters in my table adapter. I would really rather not start over. Thanks for any insights !         GMann Hi, Can you provide the code? Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Hi;   Problem S O L V E D !   I thought ...

Web resources about - ObjectDataSource 'objDSArticles' could not find a non-generic method 'Delete' that has parameters: ArticleID. - asp.net.object-datasource