ObjectDataSource '...' could not find a non-generic method '...'

In Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition, I've created an ASPX page that uses a DetailsView and an ObjectDataSource ('ObjectDataSource1') to connect to an Access 2003 database, via a TableAdapter.  I've successfully created SELECT and UPDATE ('UpdateAddrQuery') methods in the TableAdapter but noticed that when I included any of these columns [E-mail], [2003Campaign], [2007Campaign], [Date Joined], [Grant Size], and [Next Deadline], it would generate an error message.  In the case  of [Next Deadline] it is as follows:

ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'UpdateAddrQuery' that has parameters: FormerFile, FormerID, WebsiteID, FundraisingID, fundraisingOrg, PrimaryName, Address, Address1, Address2, City, State, PostCode, Region, Location, Country, Tel, Fax, Internet, Member, Returned, IARegistration, ContactType, Comments, Flag, AddressClosed, Delete, ZooRelated, OnLineDB, TypeSupporter, SupPotential, InterestArea1, InterestArea2, LocationFundraising, DateSourced, Next_Deadline, original_ID, Next Deadline

The error message is the same apart from the last three fields, which vary as follows:
[E-mail] = ...E_Mail, original_ID, E-Mail
[2003Campaign] = ..._003Campaign, original_ID, 2003Campaign
etc

If I rename the column [Next Deadline] to [Next_Deadline] in the Access database table, the revised UPDATE ('UpdateAddrQuery') method works just fine.  However, I wanted to find out if there was another solution to this problem before I started renaming the remaining fields.

Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

0
mtest11111

You can't have the confused names in Access database. You should rename it to avoid potential errors.

Buddy, it's always a good practice to name a column in a good way. Hope this helps you :)

0
littleStrong

Web resources about - ObjectDataSource '...' could not find a non-generic method '...' - asp.net.object-datasource

Forums Forums Database Error
This is a discussion forum powered by vBulletin. To find out about vBulletin, go to http://www.vbulletin.com/ .

Using The LINQDataSource
-*+There is a new datasource control available in Visual Studio that works in much the same way as the SQLDataSource and the ObjectDataSource. ...

ASP.NET Web Forms DynamicData FieldTemplates for DbGeography Spatial Types
... a FormView in ASP.NET Web Forms. Notice the ItemType is set, rather than using Eval(). We're also using SelectMethod rather than an ObjectDataSource. ...

LINQ Tutorials : LINQ Tutorials, Articles and Resources
Articles and Helpful Tutorials for LINQ and ASP.NET

About Mikesdotnetting
I started this site as somewhere to store answers to bits and pieces that I see asked frequently in the forums at www.asp.net . Rather than type ...

Runnable code for JQuery, Codeigniter, NodeJS, PHP, Python and more - Runnable
Runnable code for dart-vm, express, paypal, google, evernote, everyauth, ejs, rendr, CakePHP, php-mysql, php-facebook, codeigniter, imagemagick, ...

ASP.NET Pivot Table - RadPivotGrid for ASP.NET AJAX
... of all data reports. Try now! Use any declarative data source control (AccessDataSource, SqlDataSource, LinqDataSource, EntityDataSource, ObjectDataSource, ...

Miscellaneous « AJ\’s blog
AJ\’s blog January 28, 2012 2011 in review Filed under: Miscellaneous — ajdotnet @ 7:41 pm The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a ...

ObjectDataSource - Selectcount method with custom parameters and custom paging.
protected void obds_Selecting(object sender, ObjectDataSourceSelectingEventArgs e) { if (!e.ExecutingSelectCount) { e.InputParameters["filter"] ...

Archive
Archive - Forever Breathes The Lonely Word