objectdatasource and business objects with object properties

Hi

Lets say i have a business object called Customer which has a property called Address which is itself and object of type Address (in this sense there is a one-to-one relationship between Customer and Address). Lets say customer has properties forename and surname and Address has properties add1 and postcode

Could you use an objectdatasource to perform updates on a customer object? For example, if your objectdatasource had a method updateCustomer(Byval c as customer) and your gridview had fields forename and surname and  add1 and postcode, would the objectdatasource know to map forename and surname to the customer object and to map add1 and postcode to the address object within the customer object?

Basically, can it handle mapping bound columns/fields to the properties of objects within objects?

Thanks a lot, andrea

0
andieje

detailsview and objects (and objects inside objects inside objects)
hi there!as I was browsing through the posts related to the detailsview I couldn't find someone with the problem I'm facing so I decided to post here...well, I was able to bound an object datasource into my gridview and detailsview, it deletes and shows the data very well, BUT inside the object, there's another object, for example, I have bound a class called Province and inside the Province class there's the Country class indicating the data from the related country, to edit and/or insert I have placed a drop down list so the user selects the country from a drop down list, everything seems ...

Object Datasource problem with Business Layer Object
Hi,  I have created dataaccess layer using LINQ. I am using LINQ to stored procedure on context class . on Business Layer I define a partial class in which I define all functions to Select,Insert,Update and Delete. When I am binding BLL class to Object Datasource only Select function is showing in Object Data source . please provide me way to bind buisness class to object datasource Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help .Jeetendra SharmaSoftware EngineerJodhpur (Raj.)India Make sure you properly notate your class and methods with the proper DataObject attribut...

Property returns "Object" object that contains custom objects
Hi, I had some difficulties on returning the property of a custom JavaScript Object. Assuming I had a JSObject ObjA that was created using JS_NewObject with my own JSClass ObjA_class. And ObjA_class has one property getObjBs that will return a JavaScript standard "Object" object. And I want this "Object" object has properties that names are same as each ObjB object's property "id" , and the value of each properties is ObjB object. e.g. There are 2 ObjB objects: student1 and student2. The ObjB has a propperty "id": student1.id...

Object Datasource and Custom Object
Hey, I have an object datasource that populates a detailsview.  I know how to update the changes using a BLL method like so: public static UpdateUser(string Username, string Surname); However I would like to use the objects update() method ive created that essentially calls: public static UpdateUser(User user); The question is, how do I access the fields that are contained within the details view?  im guessing .FindControl() but i dont have the ID.  the other way I suppose is to itterate through all the controls within in it?  there must be a better way though? The ...

Property of an object within an object
How do I access the property of an object that is within another object? For example, I have an object consisting of an ArrayList of object. The objects contained in the ArrayList have the properties DisplayText and ValueText. What is the syntax to retrieve those properties? Here's the class file code: Public Class MenuOption Public DisplayText As String Public ValueText As String Public Sub New(DisplayText As String, ValueText As String) MyBase.New() Me.DisplayText = DisplayText Me.ValueText = ValueText End Sub En...

Object Session
Hi!, I have a file named cDatos.cs with the following lines:  this.usuario = System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Session["usuario"].ToString(); this.contrasena = System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Session["password"].ToString(); this.obtenerConexion(System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Session["nombrecompania"].ToString());  I call this code from another class who I instantiate from an aspx page, but I receive the following error:{"Object reference not set to an instance of an object."} Any hint on this?regards, -eduardo s.m. &nbs...

RE: Objects in an object?
Chris <chrisp3623@comcast.net> asked: > I'm not exactly sure what its called but for example, when > using mod_perl, I see the following: > > $r->prev->uri > > How do you create something like this? $r is an object of some class. prev is a method of that class. It returns an object on which the method uri is called. Or consider this example: #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; package Fruit; sub new { my $class = shift; my $self = {}; bless $self, $class; return $self; } sub __getset { my( $self, $quality, $value ) =...

Object vs Object
Hi, just learning ASP.NET, and have come across a thing with objects that I would lke to clear up. In an event handler, say: Sub Page_Load(sender as object, e as eventargs), is this an instance of a class. I've also read about a type of object that can be used as an umbrella for string, integer etc. Is there any difference between the sender and the sting etc.? As you suspected, "object" class is the "umbrella" for nearly all classes in .NET.  You can assign almost anything to an object and later use it with casting.  For example:        object obj;...

From record to Object: What object?
Following up from my previous post about converting all my Record databases to Object based databases. What is the best Class I should use in my case? Original Record looks like this: {code} TLiveStationDTB = record FirstSinceRestart : boolean; ExistingRecord : boolean; SourceType : byte; Callsign, LastCall : ansistring; Tactical : ansistring; FirstHeardDateTime, LastHeardDateTime : TSystemTime; StartTSecs, LastHeardTSecs, SecsSinceRestart : cardinal; RawData : ansistring; // etc end; {code} ...

Difference between object is Nothing, object = Nothing and isNothing(Object)
Hi Is there a difference between object is Nothing, object = Nothing and isNothing(Object) Examples: If customParameter.Value Is Nothing Then If customParameter.Value = Nothing Then If isNothing(customParameter.Value) Then Thanks in advacneRegards,Prabu G~~~ If the reply answered is correct for your question please mark it as answered. This would help people know that the question has been answered. ~~~ Apparently there is a difference in the code generated by the compiler. You may find this article interesting: http://www.thescripts.com/forum/thread352342.html /Kl...

Recreate server object, sas object, cert objects...
hi, after having some problems with our Node2 of our sles10sp3+oes2sp3 cluster we restored Node2 (virtualized server) from backup and had to restore the - node2 server object - node2 sys volume object (they were deleted for some reason) After restore we had certificate problems with node 2, so we deleted the SAS service object and all certs of node 2. Everything seems to be fine, except we cannot create a new SAS object. Over iManager>Novell Certificate Server > Create SAS Service Object we chose node2 and create a sas object -> successful. But if we navigat...

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Here's the scenario I have a running code in my localhost using windows xp with microsoft visual studio .net 2003 installed. No problem running the application. But when I transfered the application to a windows server no microsoft visual studio .net 2003 installed. i encountered Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object ref...

Cannot assign object of type object to variable of type object
Does anyone know if this problem has been corrected yet and if so what EBF for 7.02. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. -- Thanks David Warner I'm confused. The only data type I can see of type object is an enumerated data type that takes values like Window! Can you give us a code snippet of what functionality fails? I'd be glad to test it in the latest EBF. Let us know, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten www.techno-kitten.com On Tue, 25 Apr 2000 13:18:15 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general David Warner <...

Using "Business Objects" as a Data Source dor DataWindow.NET Objects
Hi: I have developed a "Business Object" layer which gets information from the DataBase. I would like to use these objects as a Source for the DataWindow.NET objects. It is possible? DO I have to use External Source? Some example? Thanks in Advance! Gus dw.net doesn't support this: I will be glad if someone comes up with an generic work around to bind. sybase is snoozing on this one. thanks vsv "DataWindows.NET" <gussabina@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4740cbfa$1@forums-1-dub... > Hi: > I have developed a "Business Ob...

Web resources about - objectdatasource and business objects with object properties - asp.net.object-datasource

Forums Forums Database Error
This is a discussion forum powered by vBulletin. To find out about vBulletin, go to http://www.vbulletin.com/ .

Using The LINQDataSource
-*+There is a new datasource control available in Visual Studio that works in much the same way as the SQLDataSource and the ObjectDataSource. ...

ASP.NET Web Forms DynamicData FieldTemplates for DbGeography Spatial Types
... a FormView in ASP.NET Web Forms. Notice the ItemType is set, rather than using Eval(). We're also using SelectMethod rather than an ObjectDataSource. ...

LINQ Tutorials : LINQ Tutorials, Articles and Resources
Articles and Helpful Tutorials for LINQ and ASP.NET

About Mikesdotnetting
I started this site as somewhere to store answers to bits and pieces that I see asked frequently in the forums at www.asp.net . Rather than type ...

Runnable code for JQuery, Codeigniter, NodeJS, PHP, Python and more - Runnable
Runnable code for dart-vm, express, paypal, google, evernote, everyauth, ejs, rendr, CakePHP, php-mysql, php-facebook, codeigniter, imagemagick, ...

ASP.NET Pivot Table - RadPivotGrid for ASP.NET AJAX
... of all data reports. Try now! Use any declarative data source control (AccessDataSource, SqlDataSource, LinqDataSource, EntityDataSource, ObjectDataSource, ...

Miscellaneous « AJ\’s blog
AJ\’s blog January 28, 2012 2011 in review Filed under: Miscellaneous — ajdotnet @ 7:41 pm The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a ...

ObjectDataSource - Selectcount method with custom parameters and custom paging.
protected void obds_Selecting(object sender, ObjectDataSourceSelectingEventArgs e) { if (!e.ExecutingSelectCount) { e.InputParameters["filter"] ...

Archive
Archive - Forever Breathes The Lonely Word