Login failed for user 'sa'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

i had to format my hard disk, and i try to recover my projects,

i use this coonection (as i used before)
Public oconnection As New SqlConnection("Data Source=YANIV;Password =;Persist Security Info=true;User Id= dbo;Initial Catalog=shoreshstore")
but i allways get this error massege:
"Login failed for user 'sa'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection."
i can't add the user "sa" to the database
0
yanivhanya

tried that one too:

Public oConnection As New SqlConnection("Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=shoreshstore;Data Source=YANIV")
it worked for me in the past
0
yanivhanya
2/19/2004 10:51:20 PM
I have also had this problem when using valid usernames. Even when I put the password in.

If anyone can shed some light on it it would be appreciated.
0
Moroni
2/20/2004 3:21:31 PM
Isn't there a registration issue with IIS and ASP to associate the worker process? I don't remember the file or process name. But if you had to reformat your hard drive, I suspect that may need to be done again.

This connection problem hung me up last summer. In my case The SQL OLE DB provider had somehow vaporized and I had to cal MS for tech support to re-regoster the sqloledb.xyz file or something.
V1....Vr...V2
0
sardawg
2/26/2004 10:20:08 PM
you need to create a user for ASPNET and grant permissions and also check your connection string..heres a good source www.connectionstrings.com

hth
***********************
Dinakar Nethi
Life is short. Enjoy it.
***********************
0
ndinakar

Login failed for user 'sa'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
Hi, How to handle "Login failed for user 'sa'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection." when i was access to web page. I want to on sql server authecation mode.Vikrant,.Net Software Developer,Mumbai. I think you will find very useful advice on this issue here. Good luck.  We develop a range of solutions using ASP.NET/SQL Server. AgentQuote is a recent example.Find your best local estate agent, use agentquote.co.uk. Hi vikrant,               post your code so we can ...

Login failed for user 'Bachelorplace'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)
please tellme how to resolve this error, i m using server studio management tool. and trying to connect using sql server authentication. my pc is over a domain.   Login failed for user 'Bachelorplace'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)  check whether that sql server is allowing sqlauthentication or not.select that server -> right click it-> select  properties  -> in the window, select security -> check what is the server authentication. it should be  sqlserver and windows authentica...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
hi all. This is my first web form,and I am trying to conenct to a table in Ms SQL Server. when I run my program I got the followin error message: Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. I am using windows 2000 authentication. How can I fix it ? Thanks jsn hello, u need to privde a username and password for the SQL server that you are using !!!Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCTMicrosoft MVP - Telerik MVP 1. Open IIS, right-click on the virtual directory for your site and click on Properties. 2. Click the Dire...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection
Dear All,I am trying to establish a connection to my SQL Server which is on the Remote machine. My ASP.Net application is on the local machine. Below is my connection string: <appSettings><add key="NorthConn" value="server=ABC;integrated security=sspi;database=Northwind"/></appSettings>The North wind Database has the following user accounts:1) ABC\ASPNET2)ABC\IUSR_ABCboth of these accounts have permissions granted to them.My SQL Server has both Windows and SQL Server authentication checked. I checked the properties of my  web project in IIS  and it has both Anony...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
 Hmmm.... I have been developing a site on my local machine and it all works there. When I push it to the web-server it does not. I have used connection strings in my web.config file that look like this (the names have been changed to protect the innocent.. or me...) <add name="TDemoSiteConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=192.168.8.37;Initial Catalog=TDemoSite;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=TDemo;Password=fred" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" /> When I call a table adapter I get the error 'login failed for user null'. W...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
Hello, I have installed DotNetNuke on my computer and did everything they said in the Configuration. But when I want to start http://localhost/DotNetNuke I receive an error: Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. What is this. There is a Datavbase called DotNetNuke in SQL-Server gr. miles You have to have a user assigned to the database and use those credentials in you connection string (web.config)...~ChrisNet Data Design706Horsman.us This is a sql/msde authentication issue. Your web.config is using windows authent...

Login failed for user 'dnnuser'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
I am having an ongoing problem with installing DotNetNuke here is my configuration;Windows XP Professional SP2Internet Information Server 5.1SQL Server 2000 MSDEI have tried the following a number of times,       1. Unzip distribution into suggested folder C:\dotnetnuke2. Create SQL database and assign user (dnnuser)3. Give permissions to the folder where distribution was unzipped (ASPNET) user4. Changed the web.config file. 5. I am using MSDE Manager 4.0 by Vale Software to manage SQL data bases. (Note: I need to get DNN up b 4 my seven days runs out on MSDE mana...

Login failed for user 'CommerceUser'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
Why it gives such an error when it runs , please help me , thanks... Server Error in '/CommerceCSVS' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Login failed for user 'CommerceUser'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'Commer...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
Came in this morning and im getting the following error in our Provisioning tool. This was working as of yesterday and no changes were made to the web.config file. Ive failed over the cluster on the sql servers and also restarted the provisioning engine. Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. The SQL server is setup for mixed mode authentication and ive opened my web.config file with visual studio and can make a connection with the same sql user and pass thats in my web.config to the proper databases.  The provisioning se...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection
I dont believe that no one can help me in this damn error,Please, I'm gonne lose my job offer If I didnt fix this. I have spent 7 days searching with no use !! I use ASP.NET 2.0 with C# to develop an intranet site, it was working perfectly when i was on Visual Studio, when i tried to publish the site it gave me that error. Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. the web application on IIS server, windows 2003 - the database on a different server windows 2003, sql server 2000. Regaeding that we have proxy server, one fi...

Login failed for user 'username'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
This is the error I get below. What did I do wrong? Login failed for user 'useranme' exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'dnn'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified u...

Login failed for user 'x'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
I am in the process of moving a web application between servers. Previously the application was hosted on the same server as the database (SQL SRV 2000) and everything was working fine. Now moving the application to a different server and pointing to the original server for the database throws the error;      "Login failed for user 'x'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. " (The x is the name of the sql server user i have specified in my connection string)   I have Impersonation configured in my web.config as this...

Web resources about - Login failed for user 'sa'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. - asp.net.object-datasource