is there an sql statement to insert data to one table and getting the data from another table

Ok I have a table that have general categories with just name and CatNo.  Now what I want to know is when I create a client to move all the data in general categories to another table called categories that have the clientid to associate it with the client.  I would appreciate for any help
0
etg1103

what is your question here??
Shravan Addaypally MCP

0
shravan79

How to move a row in a data table object to the top of the table? The data table is in a data set. The data is bound to a drop down list box.
I am maintaining some 2003 C#/asp.net code for a web application. In the application a table in a data set is usedto populate a drop down list box.(The drop down list box will display a list of names) Before the data set table is bound to the list box control, blank characters are inserted at the topof the data set table. The purpose of this, is to display a blank line in the drop down list box, when the list box isinitially displayed. This code works fine. (See lines 1-14 below). Now I have been asked to modify the source code so that instead of a blank line being inserted at to top of th...

inserting data from one table to another table..
Hi Guys!  I am stuck on inserting data. Hope you will help me. I have two tables name Customer and Address; Customer(cust_id,name,add_fk);    fk=foreign key,  cust_id and add_id are primary key Address(add_id,street,city,zip); Now, how can I retrieve add_id from Address table and insert into Customer table ( in the add_fk field) using stored procedure with parameters? I am using Oracle 9i.  I would appreciate your help. Thanks! Are you using any of this data in between these actions? (eg: Are they going to reside in your page in a grid, or formview?) ...

How to get data from a table only by SQL statement and Data Source?
Hello. If I only use a data source but not form view / grid view in the page. Can I use some select state in to get some values from a table? For example, the select statement in data source is  " select * from table where age = 18 and name = 'bill'  <-  I got about 1 record and I want to get the second field value of this row.  Can I do this? And is there some tutorials / articles talking about database programming in ASP.net 2.0. (Since I'm new to ASP.net 2 and a dummy for SQL statements) If you have VWD, I suggest going through the tuturials. &...

Inserting Data Into Two Tables (Getting ID from Table 1 and inserting into Table 2)
I am trying to insert data into two different tables. I will insert into Table 2 based on an id I get from the Select Statement from Table1.  Insert Table1(Title,Description,Link,Whatever)Values(@title,@description,@link,@Whatever)Select WhateverID from Table1 Where Description = @DescriptionInsert into Table2(CategoryID,WhateverID)Values(@CategoryID,@WhateverID)  This statement is not working. What should I do? Should I use a stored procedure?? I am writing in C#. Can someone please help!!  Insert Table1(Title,Description,Link,Whatever)Values(@title,@descri...

Stored procedure for insert data from one table to another table
Hi,      I am having 2 tables. One is main table and another is history table. Whenever I update the main table, I need to insert the all the main table data to History table, before updating the main table. Overall it is like storing the history of the table updation. How do i write a stored procedure for this? Anybody has done this before? Pls help me.   I think it's better to implement this logic in your application rather than from SQL side. Your application can accpect a sequence of parameters, and firstly insert them into the history; if ...

Inserting Data into one table with category chosen from another table
Hi, I am a novice programmer. I have this problem and can't seem to find an answer to my problem. I have two tables, an artist and a category table. the artist table have the following fields, name, artist_id and cat_id, and my category table have the following fields, cat_id and category_name. Both tables is connected to each other.  I would like to insert artist names, in form view, and choose the category from a drop downlist. I have no idea how to do this. Can anybody help me. Thank you, Ruan Rossouw  Check this link. It has got example of exactly what you...

Submit Form to insert data into SQL and display with a gridview (edit as well) below how do i insert data into sql table?
I have an asp.net page that has a simple form where a user can submit customers information. Below that I have a gridview which displays customer information submited by the user who is logged in. I have the gridview displaying, sorting and updating as I want however I can't figure out how to bind a button click to insert data into the customer table and then have it refresh the gridview when they submit. Here is the basic code; (I am using AJAX for a calendar when a user wants to edit an appointment date) &lt;div class="leftBar"&gt; <div align=center&...

Inserting distinct data from one table in another table, how?!?Really urgent and needing help!!!
 Hi, I have a table in which I will insert several redundant data. Don't ask why, is Integration services, it only reads data and inserts it in a SQL table. THis way, I have a SQL table with several lines repeating them selves. What I want to do is create a procedure that reads the distinct data and inserts it in another table, but my problem is that I am not able to select data line by line on the original table to save it in local variables and insert it on the another table, I just can select the last line. I've tried a while cycle but no succeed. Here is my code: create...

How to get one database table data in to an input form to put info in another table.
The table data to pull from is place on the same page as the input form, it is also the same number used as the URL Parameter, so if I coiuld pull it from there it would be easier, what code do I need to do this in my input form? You will need two simple scripts set up. The first will bind the data to your form controls when the page loads. The second will insert the data from the form into the database. The syntax will vary a little depending on your database type and the language you want to use to create the code. Check out this tutorial for how to do all it is you need to know re...

How to move data from one table to another table w/o affecting the table definition?
Hello All! I have a production server and a development server. On the production server, I have a table (thin a database) that already contains data. On the development server, I created a table (still within another database) and I want that table of the development server to contain the data from the table of the production server. But, both tables don't have the same table definition, meaning in the table of the development server, I have added a new column named ID that I want to use as a primary key column, but I don't have tha...

Inserting data from 1 table into another table
I am working on a blogging section for my website and have everything running except for a talkback section. I can insert the feedback but it is not assigned to a blog. I have 2 accessdatasource controls, 1 for the blog and the other for the talkback tables. The blog is displayed in a detailview control and the talkbacks are displayed on a repeater control. I have a loginview control used to enter the talkback. Blog Table: BlogID (Primary key) BlogSubject (Title) BlogText (Blog) BlogTimeStamp (Date/time posted) Talkback Table: TalkBackID (Primary key) BlogID (The blog...

pass data from one table to another table
hi i am building a shopping cart... and the cart is done in the form of table..i just want to pass all the data from one table to another table for example..someone has confirm his orders on the cart table, i want to pass all the confirm orderes to the ordered table.. later will remove all the confirmed orders in the cart table.. how can i do that?? i am using a sqldatasoure and i am trying to pass in the way below but failedINSERT INTO [History] ([CartID], [HProductName], [HQuantity], [HUnitPrice], [HTotal], [HUsername], [OrderedTime]) VALUES (@CartID, @CProductName, @Quantity, @UnitPr...

Moving Data from one table to another table
------=_NextPart_000_0000_01C4ECC5.9C8C7660 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Maybe this is a little OT but since I am a beginner @ perl, I thought that I would post it! So, I am trying to move data from one sql table to another table called logs_archive. It seems that I am running into some problems with memory as I am moving this much data from one table to another. This is just syslog data but we need to archive it in some way. Can anybody give any advice? Code is below. $sth = $dbh->prepare( ...

Inserting from datas in one table from Multiple tables
Hi guys,I have a problem with my query. What i want to happen is to populate my table EV_NOTIFICATIONDETAILS (Docownerid, CurrentSentDate, LastSentDate, detailsID, GeneralRemarks) using the datas from the two different tables EV_NOTIFICATIONHEADER and EV_DOCDETAILS.I tried to create some a query but im having a error. The problem is once i insert the data from datas to the columns Docownerid, CurrentSentDate, LastSentDate the datas are stored in the database and when i tried to insert the remaining columns TO EV_NOTIFICATIONDETAILS detailsID, GeneralRemarks getting the datas from EV_DOCDETAI...

Web resources about - is there an sql statement to insert data to one table and getting the data from another table - asp.net.object-datasource

User:Jimbo Wales/Statement of principles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
As we move forward with software and social changes, I think it is imperative that I state clearly and forcefully my views on openness and the ...

Category:Articles containing potentially dated statements from July 2011 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ...

Jo-Ann Miller sacking: Queensland Premier's statement in full
Annastacia Palaszczuk issues a statement in wake of ethics committee report.

Jo-Ann Miller sacking: Queensland Premier's statement in full
Annastacia Palaszczuk issues a statement in wake of ethics committee report.

Malcolm Turnbull's statement to UN climate conference in Paris
Malcolm Turnbull joined other world leaders in Paris for the United Nations climate talks on Monday. This is his statement.

Trump's statement after being accused of mocking reporter's disability - Business Insider Deutschland ...
... Times over its coverage of his 9/11 claims. AP Photo/Alan Diaz Donald Trump. Real-estate mogul Donald Trump released a lengthy, fiery statement ...

Today’s Top Election 2016 News Is Trump’s Vindication Over Muslim Statement
Today’s election 2016 news looks at how one of Donald Trump’s most controversial claims was actually correct, although exaggerated. Here’s how ...

President Obama delivers a statement on national security
x YouTube Video Wednesday, Nov 25, 2015 · 5:08:06 PM +00:00 · Laura Clawson We’ll have a more in-depth account coming soon, but the summary ...

Why Chancellor George Osborne's Autumn Statement Is Good News For Entrepreneurs
Why the UK Chancellor's statement is mostly good news for Britain's business owners.

The Latest: In Statement, Officer Says He Didn't Buckle Gray
The Latest: In videotaped statement, officer acknowledged not buckling in Freddie Gray