How to read a dataset one row by one row?

I know you can use DataSet after close sql connection.
I want to something after getting dataset, read from one row by one row, just like while datareader.read()
Can I read dataset just like this?

Thanks in advance!
Justin

0
justindongqiang

Is this what you're looking for (from the Tips and Tricks Section of ASPNet101.com):
http://aspnet101.com/aspnet101/tips.aspx?id=175
David Wier
MCP/ASPInsider
ASPNet101.com - where to look first!
augustwind
12/16/2005 5:44:02 PM

Justin,

Datasets are the collection of datatables, which are collection of datarows.

so you can do it by setting the row indexes like this:

ds.Tables[0].Rows[0]

Mona

0
monalisa
12/16/2005 5:52:35 PM
Yes, augustwind
thank you so much.

have a good day...

Justin

0
justindongqiang
12/16/2005 6:20:58 PM
Thank you Monalisa...
0
justindongqiang

SQL: mutiple rows one column to multiple columns one row
In InfoMaker SQL can you take a table with multiple rows for the same key and take a column from the rows and create mutiple columns with one report line with the key(no duplicate keys) on a report? For example Table books (key) (book title) 123 misery 123 titanic 123 roots 456 war 456 1984 456 giant The report I need would look like this Key title1 title2 title 3 123 misery titanic roots 456 war 1984 giant Thanks in advance. -- Kaye Hendry HealthInsight email:kaye.hendry@healthinsight.org ...

Reading table row one by one on page submit.
I m new in asp.net technology. I m creating one simple application in which i have just one button and one lable on webform. I have one table in database having name of person and adress fields. I want to use it in such a way that when first time page will be loaded it will show button and lable will be blank.when i click the button it should display name in  lable field.Next time when i click on button it will display second name and so on. Here on every click on button.. page is submitted. I m finding it more complicated.. Pls Help.....

how to drag and drop one row from one datawindow and update the exist row in other datawindow ?
I liked to drag and drop a field (assume: name) from a row of one datawindow (dw_1) to another datawindow (dw_2), and also update the exist row in dw_2. Thanks for help. -- Best regards, Ridwan Goldbase Technology Visit our Homepage : http://www.geocities.com/Wallstreet/Floor/5251/index.html http://members.tripod.com/goldbase http://members.xoom.com/goldbase * Check out the Y2K (Year 2000 Problems - Millenium Bugs) Take a look at the Drag Drop entries in the help file. Basically, you need to turn on Dragging using Drag(Begin!). When you drop onto dw_2, the drag...

selecting one row and inserting it into another table one by one
i ve a table named "Employee" in wh i ve fields "Emp_Id","Name" and "Email". i want to select each employee "Emp_Id" one by one from "Employee" table and insert it into another table named "Concerned_Department". like if i ve three rows in "Employee" table with "Emp_Id" 1,2 and 3 respectively,in this case i want to first select "Emp_Id"=1 then "Emp_id"=2 and lastly "Emp_id"=3 and insert them into "Concerned_Department"table.  after that the process star...

Reduce rows displayed but putting 3 rows in one row
Hi all, I'm using PB6.5. I have an SQL DW that fetch some information from the DB but should display only two columns: a code and a value. Also they are displayed in the trailer of a group if that's actually important. In order to reduce displayed rows count, i would like to display each 3 rows in one row(Code,Value,Code,Value,Code,Value). The question is how can i do that?. I've tried to use computed fields and in the second and third pair values to use code[1],value[1],code[2],value[2] but only the code[1],value[1] are OK(Showing next row's data), the third ...

fetching all rows one by one
i'm quite new in powerbuilder so sorry if it's a stupid question. i have to get the first colum of a table out row by row so i can do some adjustments on it is this a good solution to do that? DECLARE TempTable_cur CURSOR FOR select distinct substring(col1, 1, charindex("_", col1) - 1) from Test FETCH TempTable_cur INTO ::Table DO WHILE SQLCA.SQLCode = -1 (work on variable ::table ) FETCH next TempTable_cur INTO ::Table LOOP Johan; Why don't you use a DataWindow and turn on the "Rows As Needed" feature? It will do all this proc...

(Fwd) How to loop through a database, row by row, and select and update one row at a time
----- Forwarded message from Troy Mulder <mulderta@gmail.com> ----- Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 17:48:37 -0400 From: Troy Mulder <mulderta@gmail.com> To: Tim.Bunce@pobox.com Subject: How to loop through a database, row by row, and select and update one row at a time Hello Tim (is it Dr. Bunce?), My name is Troy Mulder, and I am trying to get a perl script to interface with a PostgreSQL database. I am trying to step through each row of the database, and read one column of the row, and update another column of the row. When I follow the online tutorial a...

How to copy all rows from one dataset to another dataset
I have a requirement to copy myDataset1 (all rows) to myDataset2 Here is my dataset which has data filled in: ******************************************        SQLAdptr1.Fill(myDataSet1)        MyOrdersDG.DataSource = myDataSet1        MyOrdersDG.DataBind()         myDataSet1.DataSetName = "MyOrderslist" ****************************************** copy all rows from myDataset1 to myDataset2.   ***********************************...

select all row one more than one column
   I add checkbox control in header template to select all row. if one column have select all propert there is no problem. However, when add second column and add select all another column there occur a problem. When ı select first column select all checkbox, second colum checkbox checked. How can ı solve this problem.          Hi,Following links will help you out ...http://programming.top54u.com/post/ASP-Net-GridView-Checkbox-Select-All-using-C-sharp.aspxhttp://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/053106-1.aspxhttp://aspnet.4guy...

Accessing one column in one row
Every thing I have researched on accessing data is to put it into a multi row and multi column control.  If you are already using a sqldatasource to fill a listbox, how can you use the same sqldatasource to obtain a single column out of a single row in the same database?  The rows contain an identy column and only one row in the database has a specific identy.  The row has three columns.  The first column is "nvchar" and I want to put its contents into a textbox.text.  I tried setting the select parameter to the desired identy ...

How to combine two rows into one row
I have the table looks like  this TabModuleId SettingName SettingValue 127 m2 164127 m7 176127 s1 143etc. So for each setting there is a row. I need to combine rows like this 127 m2 164|176 I need to find all rows that have both settings for the same tabmoduleid and cobine m2 and m7 where m2 becomes m2 | m7, after that delete all rows that have m7 setting. Can anyone help with this?You died at the very end of your life...

concatenate multiple rows in one row
i have a table below id    text1    text2 -------------------------------118   id12    text123 7118   4     retre 8118     3    erwetre    i need to convert the rows to columns in sql server 2000(pivot in 2005 but i dont want in 2005) to id  text1   text2            text1        text2   text1       &...

Data of two rows in one row
  Emp-----ID Name1 x1 P2 y2 Q3 WEmp_DataId Name-1 Name-21 x P2 y Q3 wabove is my tables (Emp ),And the I want the Resulting Data in the (Emp_Data) format.is this possible Pls Help........Thanks in advance----- SELECT t.ID,MAX(CASE WHEN t.Seq=1 THEN t.Name ELSE NULL END) AS Name_1,MAX(CASE WHEN t.Seq=2 THEN t.Name ELSE NULL END) AS Name_2FROM (SELECT ROW_NUMBER() OVER(PARTITION BY ID Order BY Name) AS Seq,* FROM Emp)tGROUP BY t.ID Please click "Mark as Answer" if my reply solved your problem.CheersRammohan   Thanx it helped me a lot...

Datalist Mutliple row in one row
Hi,I have a sql view with the following output:Time                    Header    Text       RowC10:15:34 AM        News1     ABC       110:15:34 AM        News1     DEFG     210:15:34 AM        News1     HIJKL      311:19:39 AM      ...

Web resources about - How to read a dataset one row by one row? - asp.net.object-datasource

Data set - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For IBM mainframe term for a file, see Data set (IBM mainframe) . For the telecommunications interface device, see Modem . A dataset (or data ...

Data : Where can I get large datasets open to the public?
Answer (1 of 91): Here's the ones I've found most useful: CrunchBase, US Census, Google Public Data, Infochimps, Timetric, Factual, Freebase, ...

YouTube - Hans Rosling: Let my dataset change your mindset
Hochgeladen am 31.08.2009 http://www.ted.com Talking at the US State Department this summer, Hans Rosling uses his fascinating data-bubble software ...

The Mindset, Skillset, Dataset Approach to Social Media
... Social media is comprised primarily of unstructured data, which is difficult to analyze. A new approach called Mindset, Skillset, Dataset can ...

Sending large datasets to Amazon? Use the Post Office
Amazon has introduced a new method to move large amounts of data to and from …

Yahoo Releases the Largest-ever Machine Learning Dataset for Researchers
Yahoo is announcing the public release of the largest-ever machine learning dataset to the research community.

IDG Contributor Network: Are datasets truly anonymized? Two well-suited researchers are going to find ...
With little fanfare or formality, Adam Smith , associate professor of computer science and engineering in Penn State's School of Electrical Engineering ...

House GOP looks to shed light on EPA secret datasets
House Republicans have introduced a bill that would block the Environmental Protection Agency from crafting regulations based on “secret” scientific ...

Google Making It Easier to Transfer Huge Datasets on the Cloud
... Cloud Import services are now in preview mode, but could later be available on a widespread basis to help enterprises move their large datasets ...

Environmental datasets, reverse auction legislation and military email
News and notes from around the federal IT community. The White House's Data.gov has added five datasets to the Ecosystem Vulnerability theme ...