How to get Field Values and Names from a database using ASP.NET

I know that with ASP I can loop through a Recordset object to get the NAME of the fields and the values of those fields:

For Each objField in objRecordset.Fields
Response.Write objField.Name
Response.Write objField.Value
Next

Is this possible in ASP.NET?

Ariston Collander

"No one person's opinions could be said to be 'truer' than another's. For each is the sole judge of his or her own experiences." - Protagoras
0
AristonC

ofcourse..read the MSDN articles about Dataset and Datareader objects. they will walk you through introducing the objects to some sample code..

hth
***********************
Dinakar Nethi
Life is short. Enjoy it.
***********************
0
ndinakar
11/9/2004 7:28:29 PM
check out:

http://aspnet101.com/aspnet101/aspnet/codesample.aspx?code=GetColumnNamesOleDB
David Wier
MCP/ASPInsider
ASPNet101.com - where to look first!
augustwind

Get tables and fields from Informix database using VB.NET 2005
Hi, I'm relatively new to VB.NET 2005 Express, and I've managed to connect to an Informix database to display the contents of a specific table in a DataGridView. What I am struggling with is getting the table and fields names from the database, and putting the information into a TreeView so that the user can select the table in the tree, and update the grid with that selected table - but I can't seem to get it to collect the schema information. Ideally, I'd like to have the first node on the tree as the database name, followed by nodes for the table name, and the...

How to get datasource name dynamically from .txt / .xml file using C#.net 2.0 with Mysql 5.0
I am using C#.Net 2.0 With MySql 5.0. I created a project and it works fine in my machine. But problem occurs when i try to run the project other than my machine. I wrote datasource=mysystem name in connection string. Is it possible to get datasource name dynamically from a text file (*.txt) or from .xml file for MySql.Regards,Tamizhselvi  Add an App.Config file to your project and you can drop a connection string in there like so:  <connectionStrings>    <add name="PICK A NAME" connectionString="YOUR CONNECTION STRING"/>...

How to list all sqlserver names and database names in my network using C#.net
 Hai In my network I have 4 computers with sqlserver2000 installed, using C# code how can I list all the sqlservers in my network in a combobox and while selecting a server name how can I list all the databases in another comboboxThanks in advance Regards Anu Palavila http://www.codeproject.com/KB/database/LocatingSql.aspxhttp://www.codeproject.com/KB/database/locate_sql_servers.aspx Hope this helps.   Have a look at this:http://www.codeproject.com/KB/combobox/sqlexpresscombo.aspx for the list of servers, once a server has been selected you need ...

How to Retrive the store procedure return value in Ado.Net by using Dot Net?
Hi i am thiru. i try to create the small search engine. so that i have wrote the store procedure for it. thats given below.Create procedure FindtestThree @Name varchar(25), @Location varchar(25), @EmpId varchar(25) as select * from TbInfo where Name like + '%' + @Name + '%' select * from TbInfo where Location like + '%' + @Location + '%' select * from hi where ComName like + '%' + @EmpId + '%' Exec FindtestThree 'aa','a','d' ----------------------------------------- The above procedure return t...

Any examples about using Object Database with ADO.NET(c#)
Can I have any examples source codes about using Object Database with ADO.NET(c#) Is this a particular db or Object DB vs Relation DB? If the latter here is one link I found <a href = "http://www.informit.com/content/index.asp?product_id=%7BA2B9405F-6B83-4474-B034-BC613B68EB1B%7D">http://www.informit.com/content/index.asp?product_id=%7BA2B9405F-6B83-4474-B034-BC613B68EB1B%7D</a>. You might want to also check the threads on the Architecture forum on O/R mappers like Entity Broker, Norpheme etc. HTHEric LandesMADNUG President http://www.madnug.netCrystal Alliance Edit...

Cross-Platform .NET Development: Using Mono, Portable.NET, and Microsoft .NET
Interesting book I came across: Cross-Platform .NET Development $49.99 doesn't hurt too much either :) NOTE: Availability: This item has not yet been released. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives. It's being released on September 30th, 2004 - one to keep an eye on...www.codingmayhem.com - VB.NET, C#, Silverlight, Javascript, HTML, CSS, T-SQL, MySQL and SQLitewww.headshotgamer.com - Gaming News and Reviews How about this book from Oreilly? Mono: A Developer's Notebook http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/monoadn/...

Passing a data field value to a variable using ADO.NET
Hi, I’m already able to connect to a data base and to show a table content using a GridView, but I would like to test a manual way, like we just did it using the past ADO, giving a field value to a variable. In ADO we just did it:   strVariable = TABLE(“FIELD”),   But I have been trying to find something similar with ADO.NET, but every example I found show the data table using ASP Controls or instructions to display the information:   Any Help, Please?   Thanks. You can dig in to the data like this (gets 3rd row, 4th column): strVariable = MyTable.Rows[2].Item...

Get Scope Identity Value using ObjectDataSource and Vb.Net
Hi, I have been trying to get the scope Identity after inserting a record using an ObjectDataSource. I can't find what event, or how to get the value that the scope identity returns. Here is my Sproc. ALTER PROCEDURE dbo.[YourCompany_LanCustomer_Insert]     (     @DNNUserID int,     @FirstName nvarchar(50),     @LastName nvarchar(50),     @Address nvarchar(50),     @Address2 nvarchar(50),     @City nvarchar(50),     @State nvarchar(50),    ...

Get names of files ONLY using module Net::SFTP::Foreign
--=_alternative 00472E2AC1257341_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Hi all, I am a newbie in this forum and Perl too ;-) I am trying writing script transfering files using module Net::SFTP::Foreign. I need to retrieve from remote directory only names of files (not directories, links,etc.). Something like this doesn't work: -------------- use strict; use warnings; use Net::SFTP::Foreign; my $remote_dir = "/tmp"; my $sftp = Net::SFTP::Foreign->new("host"); $sftp->error and print "SSH connection failed: &qu...

Web resources about - How to get Field Values and Names from a database using ASP.NET - asp.net.object-datasource

Ben Carson calls for a database on 'every foreigner'
Boston Herald Ben Carson calls for a database on 'every foreigner' Boston Herald Republican presidential candidate, Dr, Ben Carson, center, ...

GOP rivals condemn Donald Trump for backing Muslim database
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson said Saturday that he wants to expand the government's surveillance operations aimed at ...

Donald Trump walks back Muslim database comments - Videos - CBS News
Republican candidate Donald Trump stepped back from comments that appear to suggest that he wants to register all of the Muslims in the United ...

Trump: ‘I Didn’t Suggest A Database’ For Registering Muslims
Trump: ‘I Didn’t Suggest A Database’ For Registering Muslims

Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database
Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database

Presidential Candidates Condemn Donald Trump's 'Database' Comment
... and Democratic presidential candidates have condemned Donald Trump for his recent statements suggesting the United States should start a database ...

Donald Trump is Under Media Assault for Suggesting ‘Muslim Database,’ But Here’s What He Says About It ...
"Donald Trump's plan for a Muslim database draws comparison to Nazi Germany"...