How to connect SQL Server 2000 in visual studio.net 2005

How can i connect my ASP.NET web application with my sql server 2000. i used visual studio 2003, and there we drag and drop the data adapter and  then a sql connection and then use them in our application. but here we have only sqldatasource or something. so please tell me to make the connection and data retrieval procedure.

Kumud Tripathi
0
kumud

You can drag a SQL Data Source object onto you web form and select configure data source. This will give you a wizard to connect to a database, and also allows you to set up insert, delete, update statements. You can then use this datasource to delete/update/select/insert data.

Alternatively you can do it all manually in code, by creating sqlconnections, sqlcommands, sqldataadapters and readers with datasets.

e.g.

SqlConnection oCon = new SqlConnection("your connection string");
string sQuery = "your SQL select statement";
SqlCommand oCmd = new SqlCommand(sQuery, oCon);
DataSet oDs = new DataSet();
SqlDataAdapter oDa = new SqlDataAdapter(oCmd);
oDa.Fill(oDs);
DataList1.DataSource = oDs;
DataList1.DataBind();

Here are some articles on the sql data source object

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.sqldatasource.select.aspx

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.sqldatasource.aspx

0
jimmy
10/27/2007 11:41:58 AM

thanks for the help sir. i got it now

Kumud Tripathi
0
kumud

SQL Server 2005 express connectivity with Visual Studio.NET 2005
Hello I'm having a problem with the server connection and my C# code. The code executes alright but no data is entered into the database behind it.  I'm pasting the connection code over here as well. The sql commands are used in the code. I think I used the sql server mobile edition which is installed along with visual studio.net 2005. Anyone know what's wrong, and can help me out? Thanks in advance.public static void storeInDb(string trackName, string artist, string albumTitle, string year, string path, uint[] fp) { string connStr="Data Source=.\\SQLEXPRESS;At...

SQL Server 2000 with Visual Studio .NET 2005
Current Situation:  SQL Server 2000 DB using ASP 3.0 front-end.  Uses form based user security (i.e. users register online, setup their own profile info, and select their desired group/role).  I as admin, activate there account upon receipt.  Simply uses a user and group table within the DB and links to other tables so I know what user has edited what record(s).  Typical ASP 3.0 web enabled db application. Goal or Desire: To bring the SQL Server 2000 DB inside a Visual Studio .NET 2005 environment and recreate all ASP 3.0 pages to ASP.NET pages. Concerns:  Use...

Sql Server 2005 Reporting Service + Visual Studio.NET 2005
Hi, Iam new 2 sql server 2005 reporting services, I created a report server project with few reports and deployed in reportserver. Everything is working fine but i want to integrate these reports to my VS.net 2005 web appliction. Through the interface i have to pass the perameters to my reports. Iam looking for help thxs in advance PradeepPradeep Reddy Take a look over here for a working example : http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/ReportViewer.asp   HTH,Suprotim Agarwal -----http://www.dotnetcurry.com-----ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks |...

Installing .NET Framework, Sql Server 2005 Express, and Visual Studio 2005 Professional
Will someone please offer some advice, a walkthrough, or something to help me through this?  I installed all three of these pieces (.NET, SQL Server 2005 Express, and VS 2005 Professional) onto a WinXP box.  I was unable to get it to work.  It kept throwing SQL errors when I tried to run the security setup for the Personal Website Starter Kit.  So, I uninstalled everything except .NET and reinstalled.  At this point I was able to get to the setup, but unable to add users.  It doesn't throw errors or anything, it just doesn't do anything.  I really re...

AxCMS.net Award 2005 | 1st place: MSDN Professional subscription including Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005; 2nd place: new Xbox 360
We would like to introduce the 100% cost free AxCMS.net 5.2.2 - brand new release! AxCMS.net is a 100% cost free Enterprise CMS platform for architects and professional developers based 100% on Microsoft .NET. With the new download version we offer ... Improved user interface (thank you for feedback!) International support avaliable! New features (muitisite, permissions, authentication, newsletter, ...) Focused on software architects and professional developers Introducing AxCMS.net Award 2005! The AxCMS.net Award 2005 represent an opportunity ...

can't connect to sql server database with same connection used in visual studio .net 2003
I have the following code that works fine in visual studio .net 2003 but not with VWD.  I have sql server 2000 developer edition installed locally and this connection works fine with visual studio.  With VWD it fails with the exception "System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'DARRELL\ASPNET'".  It fails on the conn.Open line.   any ideas on what the issue is?Dim conn As SqlConnectionDim connstr As Stringconnstr = "Data Source=DARRELL;Initial Catalog=Event;Integrated Security=SSPI;"Dim daEvents As New SqlDataAdapter("select * from events", connstr...

Urgent, Dot Net 2005 cannot connect to SQL server 2000
I am using VS .net 2005 to  develop a web application with sql server 2000, but the SQL servrer 2000 is setup on other computer,so, my web server is setup on A machine and SQL servr is setup on B machine.I got a problem when i try to connect to SQL server through the Web form as following error."An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a c...

Using Visual Studio 2003 with sql server 2000 and planning to switch to sql server 2005
We have a project already developed iusing VS 2003 Enterprise architect edition using sql server 2000(have lots of table and stored procs etc.) Now planning to switch to Sql server 2005 are there any issues associated with the switch.   I mean front end programming wise asp.net and vb.net front end codes do they work straight away or need to make any changes to all the front end codes, we are using datasets, data readers calling stored procs and also using lot of hash tables and XML object to make bulk loads to sql server via sqlxml3.0 sp3. Please help thank you very much for the in...

Visual Basic .NET 2005 Express & Sql Server 2005 Express remote server
Hi,  I want to make a component library in Visual Basic.NET and connect to a remote Sql Server. When I create a new DataSet with the wizard, I can only connect to a .mdf file, but not to a Sql Server. With Visual Web Developer I can connect to a Sql server. What is the difference between these enviroments ? How can I do the same with Visual Basic.NET ?  Thanks in advance. Visual Basic .NET Express cannot connect to SQL Servers. The Visual Web Developer is the only express edition that can utilize SQL Server. You need to upgrade to Visual Studio 2005 Standard or higher.Cheers,&n...

Web resources about - How to connect SQL Server 2000 in visual studio.net 2005 - asp.net.object-datasource

Connect Four - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Connect Four (also known as Captain's Mistress , Four Up , Plot Four , Find Four , Fourplay , Four in a Row and Four in a Line ) is a two-player ...

Connect
mobile photography technology, culture and community www.dpreview.com News Reviews Features Phones Tablets Cameras Apps Forums Mobile photography ...

Kinvey Connects Mobile Apps To Facebook’s Open Graph
Facebook’s open graph technology is great for Web applications that want to better connect with users through the social network. But what about ...

Dating App Festar Connects Users Based on Mutual Interests, Not Looks
... release in Japanese, dating app Festar has launched in beta on Android in 13 countries in English and Korean. From AI Pacific , Festar connects ...

NYC mayor wants a streetcar to connect Brooklyn and Queens
New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio is once again trying to make an impact on transportation but this time it's with streetcars, not taxi apps. ...

How to Immediately Connect With Anyone
Too many people succumb to the mistaken belief that connecting with people is an innate skill that belongs only to the lucky few

Microsoft's Azure IoT Hub Connects, Manages IoT Devices
The company's IoT device connection and management cloud service goes live to help enterprises speed up their deployments.

The "bridge to nowhere" now connects the United States and Mexico
The "bridge to nowhere" now connects the United States and Mexico

‘General Hospital’ Spoilers: Sam Shares A Theory, Nikolas And Hayden Are Falling Hard, And Sonny Connects ...
... indicate that there is a lot of drama on the way across a handful of storylines. Viewers have seen Sam and Jason working together and reconnecting, ...

These Ultra-Cheap Flash Drives Connect To Your Android Devices Too
... and tablets these days, so why should your desktop be the only one that can use external storage? These flash drives include a microUSB connector ...