How to connect Microsoft Visual Basic .NET to MS SQL Web Server 2000?

Need to connect VB .NET to MS SQL Web Server database. The message is "Can not  connect databases remotely"

Thank you!

ASP.NET Hosting
0
negox

How to connect SQL Server 2000 in visual studio.net 2005
How can i connect my ASP.NET web application with my sql server 2000. i used visual studio 2003, and there we drag and drop the data adapter and  then a sql connection and then use them in our application. but here we have only sqldatasource or something. so please tell me to make the connection and data retrieval procedure. Kumud Tripathi You can drag a SQL Data Source object onto you web form and select configure data source. This will give you a wizard to connect to a database, and also allows you to set up insert, delete, update statements. You can then use this datasource to...

problem connecting visual basic 2005 express edition to microsoft SQL server 2000
i'm currently doing a window application. i'm trying to get the query out from SQL 2000 server and place it into a datagrid in visual basic 2005 express edition. the configuration does not allow mi to select the SQL 2000 server. is there any way for mi to do so?i'm thinking of manually type in the connection coding instead of using the configuration. anyone know how to do the coding for this part?  thanks, ron  I think you will be able to connect to SQL Server 2000 after reading this article:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms998292.aspxPlease: Don't f...

Free Book
followup to grc.techtalk Free Book - Upgrading Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 to Microsoft Visual Basic .NET http://msdn.microsoft.com/vbrun/staythepath/additionalresources/upgradingvb6/ ----------------------------------------------------------- Quote ----------------------------------------------------------- Upgrading Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 to Microsoft Visual Basic .NET is is the complete technical guide to upgrading Visual Basic 6 applications to Visual Basic .NET, covering all upgrade topics from APIs to ZOrders. It shows how to fix upgrade issues with forms, language, data...

Microsoft MS Visual Basic .NET?
Hi Thinking of buying Microsoft MS Visual Basic .NET 2003 Standard. Never having used Visual Studio.NET only Dreamweaver to try to code using VB.NET and the fact that all reports say that using Visual Studio.NET will speed up the process of building any .NET pages in VB. Will using Microsoft MS Visual Basic .NET 2003 Standard help me to put together any .NET pages in VB? Sorry if this sounds a bit naive but I'm still finding my way around using .NET stuff. Cheerskefi2927-------------------------------------------Think big thoughts but, relish small pleasures. (In my reply, I'll...

Visual Studio .Net? Visual Basic .Net?

Visual Basic.NET or Visual Studio.NET?

Visual Basic .NET 2005 Express & Sql Server 2005 Express remote server
Hi,  I want to make a component library in Visual Basic.NET and connect to a remote Sql Server. When I create a new DataSet with the wizard, I can only connect to a .mdf file, but not to a Sql Server. With Visual Web Developer I can connect to a Sql server. What is the difference between these enviroments ? How can I do the same with Visual Basic.NET ?  Thanks in advance. Visual Basic .NET Express cannot connect to SQL Servers. The Visual Web Developer is the only express edition that can utilize SQL Server. You need to upgrade to Visual Studio 2005 Standard or higher.Cheers,&n...

can't connect to sql server database with same connection used in visual studio .net 2003
I have the following code that works fine in visual studio .net 2003 but not with VWD.  I have sql server 2000 developer edition installed locally and this connection works fine with visual studio.  With VWD it fails with the exception "System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'DARRELL\ASPNET'".  It fails on the conn.Open line.   any ideas on what the issue is?Dim conn As SqlConnectionDim connstr As Stringconnstr = "Data Source=DARRELL;Initial Catalog=Event;Integrated Security=SSPI;"Dim daEvents As New SqlDataAdapter("select * from events", connstr...

Web resources about - How to connect Microsoft Visual Basic .NET to MS SQL Web Server 2000? - asp.net.object-datasource

Microsoft Corporation

Microsoft Cloud Partner - Home

Microsoft Hohm Service Discontinuation
Microsoft-Hohm discontinuation message