how can i write this line using vb.net: List<User> myList = new List<User>();

and which package i need to import

0
avi999912

System.Collections.Generic

Dim myList as new List(Of User)

If this post is useful to you, please mark it as answer.
0
Hubble
12/9/2008 8:26:05 AM

avi999912:

and which package i need to import

Hi,

If searching in MSDN, you will get this page: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/6sh2ey19.aspx, in which, you can find the package at the Namespace subject.

.NET Framework Class Library
List(T) Class

Represents a strongly typed list of objects that can be accessed by index. Provides methods to search, sort, and manipulate lists.

Namespace:  System.Collections.Generic    <-- here it is
Assembly:  mscorlib (in mscorlib.dll)
Visual Basic (Declaration)
<SerializableAttribute> _
Public Class List(Of T) _
    Implements IList(Of T), ICollection(Of T),  _
    IEnumerable(Of T), IList, ICollection, IEnumerable

Best Regards,
Shengqing Yang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread : )
0
Shengqing
12/11/2008 10:26:09 AM

for future use this webSite to convert between C# to/from VB.NET

http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/csharp-to-vb/

Regards...
Nassar, Rami
My Blog || E-Mail

rami_nassar

Lists in .net
Like a good AKA accessible app building developer, my application's navbar is controlled with CSS and using <ul> and <li> I just have the code in the HTML display and it works fine when everything should be visible, however, I need to restrict some users from viewing certain navbar links based on their security levels.  How do I hide the list items that need to be hidden? TIA hello! give them ids and runat="server" attribute. then in code behind set the Visible property to false. orzeh code less, think more! Okay, I tried putting the link as a link bu...

this in vb.net: <% using Html.Form<ProductController>(p=>p.Update(ViewData.Product.ProductID))%>
How do I do this in VB.net:<% using Html.Form<ProductController>(p=>p.Update(ViewData.Produc t.ProductID))%>This is using a lambda for the form tag in c#, I searched everywhere for the correct vb.net syntax? I tried this with no luck:<% Using Html.Form(Of ProductController)(Function(p) p = ViewData.Product.ProductID)%>   VB.NET doesn't support Lambda expressions.   View My Blog Download My URL Rewriter and Reverse ProxyOnly $9.95/month, ASP.NET, 2GB & SQL 2005 alivemedia:Function(p) p = ViewData.Product.ProductID I think the proper syn...

connectionstrings and web.config // login failed for user '<<domain>>\<<servername>>$'
It seems that the account mentioned <>\Server$ is the NTAUTHORITY\NETWORKSERVICE I read some posts on the net about .NET 1.1 that involved changing your machine.config.. not an option I like because then the webserver of my hosting company needs to do that to. Visual studio 2005 makes for the dataset a code behind file <>.designer.cs. I did change the connectionstring from my commands to a connectionstring with sql credentials. But it doesn't update everything. My logic was that when i remove the connectionstrings from the app.config or web.config they don't exist anymore so I ...

Using array of array of strings v List<List<string>> w/ web services
I am having some trouble calling a web service method that has a List <List string>> and passing a javascript Array (rank = 2).  My solution was to use object[] as an arg. Not sure why List <string> works great with web methods but List<List <string>> method never gets called until I switch to using object[].  Not a big deal, makes my code a little uglier. Thanks. AORegards,Alex Osipov Thanks for reporting this issue, this turns out to be a bug in the current implementation, and will be fixed in a future CTP... Thanks for quick reply! &n...

Populating a listBox (i.e. <select><option>) from DB using VB.NET
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/ _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/ _/_/_______/_/_/_/ Hi every one! I am trying to populate a listbox using VB.NET. I am using SQL Server 2000, and the database looks like this: (sport prefixes) Table name: Prefixes ID Prefix ----- ----------- 1 FTBL 2 SCCR 3 TNNS 4 HCKY .... ... There's a list (i.e. <select><option>) on the web form and its id=Prefixes_list. The list is in a .ascx file, and the code for populating...

Can <deny users="*"/> be overwritten by <allow users="admin1,admin2"> ??
If I want to allow only a few usernames in my database to access the /admin directory, will the code below work or will <deny users="*"/> keep everyone out? Thanks <location path="admin"> <system.web> <authorization> <deny users="*"/> <allow users="username1,username2"> </authorization> </system.web> </location> The first rule from top to down that matches the particular user is used, meaning that in this case all use...

Know Your Enemy:Honeynets<<<It is not new, but useful>>>
The Honeynet Project is an all volunteer, non-profit research organization dedicated to learning the tools, tactics, and motives of the blackhat community and sharing the lessons learned. The primary tool used to gather this information is the Honeynet. The purpose of this paper is to discuss what a Honeynet is, its value, detail how it works, and the risks/issues involved. We hope that the security community can take the technologies discussed here, and not only use them for their own research purposes, but help develop and improve upon these technologies. However, we also want to be ...

IQueryable<T>, IEnumerable<T> or List<T>
Hello,On my MVC projects I often create classes which contains properties which are lists of other classes.Should I start using IQueryable<T> or IEnumerable<T> instead of List<T>?What are the differences and when should I use IQueryable<T>, IEnumerable<T> or List<T>?Can, and should, I use IQueryable<T> or IEnumerable<T> in my ViewData properties instead of List<T>?Thanks,Miguel The general rule of the thumb is to use what you need and nothing more, making it more flexible for other code to use in the future. If you do not require random...

<<<Yikes>>> Ghostly threat to Internet Explorer users
Microsoft certainly never imagined anything like this. A talk given behind closed doors at the Microsoft BlueHat Security Briefing revealed a huge security problem in Internet Explorer. Presenter Manuel Caballero demonstrated a far-reaching espionage tool that can trap users who are merely visiting a web site. His spooky summary read: "Do you believe in ghosts? Imagine an invisible script that silently follows you while you surf - even after changing the URL 1,000 times. And this ghost is able to see everything you do, including what you are surfing and what you are typing...

Hoe To Convert Windows Users To Linux???<<<intermezzo>>>
http://www.crmdaily.com/perl/story/12940.html -- Regard: Joh@nnes� 1216771 Ont.Inc. "Nothing is more damaging to a new truth than an old error" But if Linux stuff was all ported to Windows, why would anyone bother to change to Linux? "Johannes Niebach" <niebach@sprint.ca> wrote in message news:9ltva2$jo4$1@news.grc.com... > http://www.crmdaily.com/perl/story/12940.html > > -- > Regard: Joh@nnes� > 1216771 Ont.Inc. > "Nothing is more damaging to a new truth than an old error" > > Yeah...SMILE.That is the ques...

How can i write this line: string[] nicks = new string[ users.Count ];
How can i write this line: string[] nicks = new string[ users.Count ];  - using vb.net? when: users = new Hashtable();   and also what the diffrence between: users.count and users.keys.count? Dim objHashTable As New Hashtable() objHashTable.Add("FName", "Bino") objHashTable.Add("LName", "Bose") objHashTable.Add("PNumber", 9895612345) This way you can add items to a hashtable in VB.NetCheersBinowww.codepal.co.inPlease Mark as Answer if you find the post useful. Dim Users As New Hashtable() Dim str As String() = ...

I just got a warning from Norton that "PamelaSetup-Basic.exe" has a virus in it. The name is "VirusBurst" Luckily, I did not install this software and Norton's quarantined it so I could delte it, which I have done. Symantec has not completed analysis of this particular piece of garbage but it did catch the sig. If you have installed Pamela, you may be in trouble. Duffy wrote: > I just got a warning from Norton that "PamelaSetup-Basic.exe" has a virus > in it. The name is "VirusBurst" > > Luckily, I did not install...

how to pass list<list<string>> to webservice method
Hello,i want to pass list<list<string>> into webservice method as parametere.g. list<list<string>> temp=new list<list<string>>();when i write temp.array() when calling method , it gives error that webservice method expectes parameter string[][], while i m passing only string[]Plz help me to solve this problemThanks VISHAL PAREKH In Service:        [WebMethod]        public List<String> AddToStringList(List<String> StrList)        {&nb...

Web resources about - how can i write this line using vb.net: List<User> myList = new List<User>(); - asp.net.object-datasource