from Visual Studio .NET to Visual studio 2005 (VB)

Good evening, i hame one quistion about diffrenece Visual studio 2005 and older version.

In Visual studio .NET to work with table from data base i do next steps:

1. Create new connection to data base in data explorer

2. Push my table from data explorer to my form, and master automatically create two components (SqlConnection and SqlDataAdapter)

3. Add to from new object - Dataset for transering data to client application (i amke a web service) and execute command from menu Data | Generate DataSet, then in Dialog box i Add this dataset to the designer

That's it

The quistion is how to do this steps in Visual studio 2005.

how to create connection is clear, but i can't push table to designer.

0
Caesar32

You will have to do this using   Data from the toolbar and then select add new DataSource

MVP ASP/ASP.Net
MVP ASP/ASP.Net
mudassarkhan
12/20/2008 7:31:10 AM

 You mean that i have to add BindingSource and set DataSource Proporites?

I try it and get error: Value does not fall within expected range

And what about second step? i can't pull table from server explorer and i can't find components SqlDataAdapter and SqlConnection in ToolBox. I have only 5 components in Data ToolBox. They are :DataSet DataGridView BindingSource BindingNavigator ReporViewer, so i don't have components to work with SQL server.

0
Caesar32

Can I Have Visual Studio.NET and Visual Studio 2005 together?
Hi everyone. Can I have Visual Studio.NET and Visual Studio 2005 installed in the same machine? I want to install Studio 2005 but I do not want to uninstall Studio.NET yet. Thanks!C# I am running VS 2003 and VS 2005 together with no problems.Martin Lawrence, MCSE, CNE, A+ Recut Technologies Ltd. http://www.recut.com Yes, they can be installed side-by-side. I have it installed side-by-side on my computer and it works perfectly without any conflicts. I even think there is a Version Selector (not something you have to install as it is installed by default) which will make sure your pro...

Running Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 on the same machine.
Hi there,   I have many projects i develop and continue to maintain on my server. Visual Studio .NET 2003 is currently installed and is what i use to do this. I'd really like to install Visual Studio 2005 and give that a whirl on the same machine, and perhaps develop upcoming sites with it also.I understand that upon installation of VS 2005 it will install the 2.0 Framework. Will this effect my 1.1 sites at all? Does the 2.0 Framework upgrade the 1.1 framework, or does it leave the 1.1 framework intact so older projects can still use it?Any advice would be welcome! :)Thanks,Cr...

Visual Studio 2005 Pro / Visual Studio .NET 2003 Pro ?
Ok I have enough money now to purchase Visual Studio .NET 2003 Pro but what do you think guys, is it too late? Do I need to wait til Visual Studio 2005 is officially release? If you suggest me to wait, so I will still use my Visual Studio.NET Pro 60 days trial edition. After the trial reach its limit, I will reformat my HD and install my Windows + Visual Studio Trial again. Yeah this is make me tired but I dont need to spend 600 bucks again for upgrade. or perhaps I will use MSDN Subscription Pro but I hope Visual Studio 2005 Pro will release before my subscription is expired. ...

Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition beta VS Visual Studio.net 2003
Is Visual C# 2005 Express Edition Beta better than Visual Studio.net 2003 ? HighOnCodingWanna get high! in my opinon no. vs.net 2003 is a released application, and is used for more than just c#. visual studio whidbey beta is pretty cool except it's a little quirky still. I swear I can't wait til august.Kay LeeMySpace.com - http://www.myspace.com/kragieInfrastructure GroupMySpace.com- Code to live, but Live to code. What are the odds of anything actually being released in august? What are the odds of anything actually being released in august? Zero. Is Visual C# 20...

Visual Studio "Orcas" Visual Studio.net "2005"
What are Microsoft on weed??? Whidby Orcas Indigo XAML Longhorn What are they trying to do to us developers. The transition to any new tools should be minimal. What we know about WebServices is now old bunk. Why did we bother with .net 1.1???????? Now we need to learn new silly names and new ways of doing things. Yes .net 1.1 is still supported in v2.0. But there are a million and one other needless things that we will have pushed onto us. Only to find in anther two years that they are old hat and there are new radical ways to do what we want.MCAD.Net vb.n...

Visual Basic.NET or Visual Studio.NET?

Visual Studio .Net? Visual Basic .Net?

Visual Studio.Net and VB.Net
Can we install VS.Net and VB.Net on the same machine and work side by. Is there any thing I need to worry about? I use VS.Net enterprise for my office work and I am planning to buy VB.Net standard for my personal use. Before I goahead and buy, I wanted to make sure that it works. Thanks for your help. Anil...

Web resources about - from Visual Studio .NET to Visual studio 2005 (VB) - asp.net.object-datasource

Visual Basic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Visual Basic was derived from BASIC and enables the rapid application development (RAD) of graphical user interface (GUI) applications, access ...

‘Fallout 4’ mods reportedly altered following Nexus mods hack; PS4, PC, Xbox One update downgraded visuals ...
“Fallout 4” mod uses may have been altered in a data breach, while developer Bethesda releases updates for the game.

AMD Discusses 2016 Radeon Visual Technologies Roadmap
... from AMD’s earlier GPU groups. As part of AMD’s RTG technology summit, I had the chance to sit down and hear about RTG’s plans for their visual ...

Frontwing Considers Overseas Release for Island Visual Novel
Kana Asumi, Rie Murakawa, Yukari Tamura star in visual novel slated for 2016

Open Thread: Visual Proof
I wonder how it feels to be an appendage to Trump's lower bowel. https://t.co/mORG92sg3R — Billmon (@billmon1) December 12, 2015 The Establishment's ...

‘Ghostbusters’ Character Posters Are Visual Equivalent Of Crossing The Streams
Forget the camp — it looks like these female paranormal investigators are taking their job seriously. Here are the rather dark first character ...

Microsoft Integrates IncrediBuild Into Visual Studio 2015 Update 1
The integration of IncrediBuild into Visual Studio 2015 Update 1 provides enhanced acceleration and build visualization to users of the IDE. ...

GTA V Pinnacle mod includes amazing visual and gameplay enhancements
If you've got the patience to install it and the hardware to run it, Pinnacle looks like the ultimate GTA V experience.

OracleVoice: Proof That Visual Social Media And Marketing-Sales Collaboration Drive Results
Promoting collaboration between sales and marketing organizations can yield powerful results. One way of doing this is to give salespeople the ...

PRODUCER FOUND SAFE Visual artist in Mexico after mysterious disappearance
PRODUCER FOUND SAFE Visual artist in Mexico after mysterious disappearance