Fastest SQL access time in .net

need advice on the following

I have 2 tables
table 1 - remote, cant use an SP
table 2 - local, can use a SP
I do a select on Table1 and it returns the results,
I want to insert all these results into table 2

The problem is that the first table is really slow to access, I have a string of booking Id's i need to pass it and it keeps timing out on a simple select...its the DB! its on rubbish HW and is badly designed but I cant do anything about that so I have to use the most efficent method of getting the data out, or simply copying the required records between the 2 tables
whats the most efficent method I should use?
thanks
Mark

Hi

I've heard some of my friends said things like that. If you have that db in rubbish hw, just change it! Just do it! Tell you boss, tell the President or even ask help from Mars. But realise that you are coding rubbish software to keep in that garbage.
Other thing is that you can always create a simple thread the does that work for you and signal the application that is over. Or you can stop the thread because you don't want that data anymore. But a thread procedure the is apart you application would be better.
Hope it helps.
0
strictoff

Innovation to ADO.NET
Matisse Software Inc. provides its native ADO.NET Data provider for Matisse 6.0, the Database for .NET. Matisse Software has pushed the envelope of Microsoft ADO.NET architecture and extended it into a powerful Object Access Services component for .NET. Matisse’s extension of ADO.NET demonstrates that ADO.NET can evolve beyond the Microsoft architecture to benefit .NET developers. Unlike the standard ADO.NET data provider, which returns data in a table format to integrate seamlessly with relational products, Matisse has extended the ADO.NET architecture to return data in an object format....

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

Problem accessing SQL Stored Procedure From .Net using hibernate object
Hi, I am calling a SQL Stored procedure from .net application using Hibernate object, but somehow its telling me "The 'callable' attribute is not declared.", I am not sure what's wrong I have done here. Will really appreciate if someone can help me for this. Herewith I am providing my Stored Procedure, my .hbm file and code to call it. can someone pls tell me what's wrong in this? Also, if possible, pls tell me how to set result in a list object. Thanks in advance, ######################################### MY STORED PROCEDURE : ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[RulesDetails_...

Replace the .NET 1.1 Behavior-Object with the .NET 2.0 Tag-Object , How to?
Hello, to set the Style - Attribute of my custom controls tag in source view from within its designer i use now the following code:Behavior.SetStyleAttribute("Left", false, val, true);This works fine but my visual studio 2005 / asp.net 2.0 says that the Behavior object is obsolete. The recommended alternative is the Tag object. But when i use it to set the Style attribute it doesn't work . I can set all other attributes or even create new ones using this Tag object but it does'nt work for the style attribute at all. What am i doing wrong? If I can't set the style attribute in my custom contr...

Deploying .Net application with datawindow .Net objects
Hi I=92ve been testing datawindow .net for our company by building a small working application using the Datawindow .Net tutorial. It works great (both from the VS interface and the compiled solution .exe) and was easy to create. My next test is to try and deploy this application to another machine, which has the .Net (1.1) environment but no Powerbuilder or Visual Studio. I built my solution and placed these files, all in one folder, on this other machine: datawindow.dll datawindow.xml DataWindowInterop.dll MSVCP71.DLL MSVCR71.DLL PBDATA100.dll PBDWN100.DLL PBO10100.D...

DW.NET support for SQL Anywhere .NET provider
Hello, we are trying to get DW.NET (v. 2.5) working with Sybase SQL Anywhere .NET provider for database access. Does anybody know if that is possible, and if so, then how? The reason for this question is that we are evaluating DW.NET as a solution for document printing from our existing C# application which uses SQL Anywhere .NET provider. I would expect that these two products should work together, as they are both developed by Sybase and targeted for the same .NET platform. Linas ...

Access SQL functions through .net??
I usually access stored procedures using SQL data source. But now  I need a string returned from the database. If I write a function in SQL how do I access it from an aspx.vb file? Put it in a proc and run an EXEC query, same way as any other procedure.JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. If the SQL function returns a string, why not use SqlCommand.ExecuteScalar method: using (SqlConnection conn = new SqlConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionString...

Accessing COM Objects on .NET
using EAS Server 4.2.2 for our web applications. I would like to access a COM object lying on a different webserver running ..Net on IIS. I have tried this before. I would appreciate if anyone could briefly outline the steps required to access the same Thanks You need to use the tlbexp utility to generate a COM typelib from the .NET assembly you're trying to access. You then use the TLB to register a COM proxy you can invoke from EAS. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] SDN CodeXchange -- http://codexchange.sybase.com "Suresh" <...

Net Farmers net

.NET CLIENT TO ACCESS a non. NET WEB SERVICE
I develop in .net and need to create a web client to connect to a web service built in Java. http://xchainj.com:8080/axis/services/ScsEnvirodatWaterQualityIndexServiceSoap Its pretty easy when the web service was also built in .net. You can just create a web reference with the gui and automatically can see its functions and stuff. when i put this url in the box and hit go i dont get to see its functions. maybe this shouldnt be the url of the WSDL?? I Have no idea. Im very new to all of this. If there are any examples of .net clients connecting to non .net web clients it woul...

Access Net work mapped drive VB.NET
Hi I have a docuemnt mangemnt system coded in VB.NET. The system sometimes needs to get documents from Network mapped drive and shared drives. In development machine everything works fine. But when I moved the code to Test serever, it could not access the mapped drives. I tried all security settings. But still could not. I tried unc path, but it throws In valid user exception. Can anybody help m eto solve this issue. Thank you Jikk Hi Jikk, What login is your app running under? Whichever it is, it has to have permission to access the network, which ASPNET doesn'...

Access dot-net object?
A 3rd party provides us with a COM object which we call from our PB10 application. They are talking about moving the COM object to a "dot net object". Would we still be able to access this object from PB10? -Wes Will you have access to source code? Generally is possible to generate COM object from .NET assembly... Or if you can wait for release PB 12 - it will be full .NET compatible ( i was told):)) � "Wes Gray" <linuxwes@yahoo.com> ������ ��� ������ news:slrndpk6i4.oeh.linuxwes@forums.sybase.com... >A 3rd party provides us with a COM object which ...

Web resources about - Fastest SQL access time in .net - asp.net.object-datasource

Fastest recorded tennis serves - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
^ "Aussie Hits Fastest Record Serve" . ATPWorldTour . May 12, 2012 . http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2012/05/Features/Groth-Fast-Serve.aspx ...

Hidden Chronicles Is The Fastest Growing Facebook App
Zynga's Hidden Chronicles maintains a steady lead, and overall social gaming applications exhibit tremendous weekly growth totals throughout ...

Quiz Monster and City Games Lead Off This Week’s List of Fastest-Growing Facebook Apps by MAU
... it really is a monster. The quiz-creation app wolfed down a whopping four million new users to lead off our weekly list of Facebook’s fastest ...

SelectScience - the fastest way to expert opinion
SelectScience is the fastest way to impartial, expert opinion about the best laboratory equipment and latest techniques.

iREC - Fastest One Touch Video Recorder for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (4th ...
Get iREC - Fastest One Touch Video Recorder on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Conor McGregor v Jose Aldo: Irishman scores fastest title fight finish to win featherweight belt in Las ...
WITH his first punch in his UFC featherweight title bout, perhaps the most confident man in history, Conor McGregor, threw an inch-perfect left ...

Conor McGregor v Jose Aldo: Irishman scores fastest title fight finish to win featherweight belt
WITH his first punch in his UFC featherweight title bout, perhaps the most confident man in history, Conor McGregor, threw an inch-perfect left ...

Canadian Household Debt Growing At Fastest Pace In 3 Years: RBC 4
OTTAWA — Mortgages helped boost Canadian household credit growth in October as it increased by 5.0 per cent compared with a year ago, a report ...

CNN and FBN Duel As ‘Fastest Growing Cable Network’
... a full-page ads in Thursday’s Wall Street Journal and New York Times thanking America for a successful 2015 and claiming that i is the “fastest ...

On the road in the Flux Capacitor, Europe’s fastest street-legal EV
... or not) gave electric cars a bad name—and replace the running gear and batteries with something much more up-to-date, making Europe's fastest ...