Error: foreach statement cannot operate on variables of type 'System.Data.DataSet' because 'System.Data.DataSet' does not contain a definition for 'GetEnumerator', or it is inaccessible

I am getting error on this line

DataSet dsdata=new DataSet();
SQL="Seelct * from tablename";
//dsdata contains result of the above query
foreach(DataRow dr in dsdata) //This line gives error

Error: foreach statement cannot operate on variables of type 'System.Data.DataSet' because 'System.Data.DataSet' does not contain a definition for 'GetEnumerator', or it is inaccessible

0
bsobaid

DataSet dsdata=new DataSet();

SQL="Select * from tablename";
//dsdata contains result of the above query
foreach(DataRow dr in dsdata.Tables[0].Rows) //This line SHOULD NOT NOW give error

The message actually explained EXACTLY what the error was. DataSet does not expose this method required to do a foreach. The Rows collection in the DataTable object does.

Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:
Programming Microsoft Web Forms
My Blog
1
douglas

error CS1579: foreach statement cannot operate on variables of type 'object' because 'object' does not contain a public definition for 'GetEnumerator'
Hi,I tried samples on preventing javascript injection attacks tutorial(http://www.asp.net/learn/mvc/tutorial-06-cs.aspx) and while executing i am getting this error. d:\DotNet\MVCapplication\MvcApplication1\MvcApplication1\Views\Home\Index.aspx(23): error CS1579: foreach statement cannot operate on variables of type 'object' because 'object' does not contain a public definition for 'GetEnumerator'Pls suggest me.   The problem is this line in the tutorial code: foreach (Feedback feedback in ViewData.Model) You either need to cast ViewData.Model ...

convert type 'System.Data.DataSet' to 'System.Data.DataTable'
 I got this error  : Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Data.DataSet' to 'System.Data.DataTable' i have written code like thisDataTable dt = new DataTable(); dt = GetGalleryImages(name); Possibly coz GetGalleryImages returns a dataset and not a datatable? Try: DataSet ds = GetGalleryImages(name); what type does GetGalleryImages return?  If this returns a dataset then you will have to change datatable to dataset, then index the table of the dataset.Please mark as answer if you find helpful.Ustes G....

Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Data.DataTable' to 'System.Data.Dataset'
I am using an excel spreadsheet as a data source to build a dataset which is then used to populate a grid:  I am getting the following error: Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Data.DataTable' to 'System.Data.Dataset' Here's my code:private DataSet GetData(String description, String mpnumber, String link) { //MPData will represents the Data in Application Cache. We will use Cache Data //for performance purposes, because MP Information will not change often. I choose // to also use Dataset Filtering instead of SQL Server Filtering. However the DataAccess l...

Error 39 'System.Data.DataRow' does not contain a definition for 'Item'
for (i = 0; i <= ds.Tables[0].Rows.Count - 1; i++) { categoryID = ds.Tables[0].Rows[i].Item["categoryID"]; name = ds.Tables[0].Rows[i].Item["name"]; string catID = Convert.ToString(categoryID); ///Change made by me ddlCategory.Items.Add(new ListItem(name, catID)); qry = "Select count(categoryID) from categories where active = 'True' AND parentID=" + categoryID + ""; countCategories = objDB.getScalar(qry);       i get this errorIf the going seems easy, You are going DownHill... I've got the solution what you have to ...

''''''''''''''''''''

convert type 'System.Xml.XmlDataDocument' to 'System.Data.DataSet'
I am using XMLDataDocument in web services which returns XMLDataDocument using this XMLDataDocument for Dataset in application getting error Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Xml.XmlDataDocument' to 'System.Data.DataSet'  any idea  XmlDataDocument has DataSet property to get the document as a data set.Thanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU  [WebMethod]    public XMLDataDocument xmldoc(DateTime x, DateTime y)    {        df = dateFrom;        dt = dateTo;   &...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Data.DataView' to type 'System.Data.DataTable'.
what is my problem? I'm working with GridView for sorting The error message is that "Unable to cast object of type 'System.Data.DataView' to type 'System.Data.DataTable'".... Dim m_DataTable As DataTable = GridView1.DataSource How can I change the code above?   Well let's see, if your DataSource is a DataView, you can get its associated DataTable object using the .Table property: Dim m_DataTable As DataTable = GridView1.DataSource.Table or in a land of strict typing:  Dim m_DataTable As DataTable = CType(GridView1.DataSource, System.Data.DataView).Table   Hope tha...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Data.DataView' to type 'System.Data.DataTable'.
When I click the sort hyperlink, I got this error mesg: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Data.DataView' to type 'System.Data.DataTable'.  in line 5.How do I fix this? Thanks. 1 Protected Sub GVCRlisting_Sorting(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewSortEventArgs) Handles GVCRlisting.Sorting 2 GridViewSortExpression = e.SortExpression 3 Dim pageIndex As Integer = GVCRlisting.PageIndex 4 5 GVCRlisting.DataSource = SortDataTable(GVCRlisting.DataSource, False) 6 GVCRlisting....

Update error , "Unable to cast object of type 'System.DBNull' to type 'System.String'" , using DataSet as a datasource
Hi All, The following sample code is for testing dw.UpdateData using dataset as the data source. The data retrieval and display part under Form1_Load works fine. However, inputting some values in a new row and calling dw.UpdateData causes the following error: "Unable to cast object of type 'System.DBNull' to type 'System.String'" The error seems to occur when a datawindow column value has been changed from null value. Does anyone know how to fix the error ? Thank you for your advice. I use DW2.5 (build 8542), VS2005 pro, MS SQL Express. ...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Data.Common.DataRecordInternal' to type 'System.Data.DataRowView'.
Hi... I have a ListView which is nested in the ItemTemplate of another ListView. If a "status" value in the inner ListView = 1, then I'd like to hide the "Add to cart" link. However, the inner ListView's ItemDataBound event results in the error: "Unable to cast object of type 'System.Data.Common.DataRecordInternal' to type 'System.Data.DataRowView'." I've thoroughly searched the forums, but have not found a solution to this seemingly straightforward problem. Here is the code; the error occurs at line 8. 1 protected void L...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Object[]' to type 'System.Data.DataView'.
I am tring to retieve a single node from my BLL code which retrieve one instane of Repot object:DataView dv = (DataView)objBoutPrep.Select();I am getting error:Unable to cast object of type 'System.Object[]' to type 'System.Data.DataView'. The BLL code returns onle one object and not a list of objects.Please help Client code: <asp:ObjectDataSource ID="objBoutPrep" runat="server" SelectMethod="GetRByID" UpdateMethod="UpdateT" TypeName="MB.K.BLL.G.Report"> <SelectParameters> <asp:Query...

'''''

SqlDataSource.Select Error: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Data.DataView' to type 'System.String'.
I am trying to put the data from a field in my database into a row in a table using the SQLDataSource.Select statement. I am using the following code: FileBase.SelectCommand = "SELECT Username FROM Files WHERE Filename = '" & myFileInfo.FullName & "'" myDataRow("Username") = CType(FileBase.Select(New DataSourceSelectArguments()), String)But when I run the code, I get the following error:Server Error in '/YorZap' Application. Unable to cast object of type 'System.Data.DataView' to type 'System.String'. Descri...

SqlDataSource.Select Error: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Data.DataView' to type 'System.String'.
I am trying to use the select statement to put a field from my database using a SqlDataSource named 'FileBase.' I am using the following code: FileBase.SelectCommand = "SELECT Username FROM Files WHERE Filename = '" & myFileInfo.FullName & "'" myDataRow("Username") = CType(FileBase.Select(New DataSourceSelectArguments()), String)But when I run the code I get the following error:Server Error in '/YorZap' Application. Unable to cast object of type 'System.Data.DataView' to type 'System.String'. Description:...

Web resources about - Error: foreach statement cannot operate on variables of type 'System.Data.DataSet' because 'System.Data.DataSet' does not contain a definition for 'GetEnumerator', or it is inaccessible - asp.net.object-datasource