Does .NET map calls for ADO to ADO.NET?

Hello,

We are trying to troubleshoot some DB problems from COM objects that call ADO. I heard that when ADO is loaded inside of a COM object by a .NET app, that .NET intercepts the call and re-maps those calls over to ADO.NET. This seems untrue to me, given the nature of ADO.NET being a totally separate technology.

Does anyone know for sure whether this does or does not occur?

The problem we are seeing is actually almost identical in symptoms to this:

"FIX: Data Queries Sporadically Return Empty Recordsets"

 Literally, this is what is happening, but we are on MDAC 2.8, so it should not have the leak any more. I think I made another post about that, so I won't repeat it here. It makes me think there is a similar memory problem.

Thanks,

Josh

ASP.NET/C# Developer
0
xzg3

ADO in VB6 vs ADO.NET in VB.NET
I am writing a database interface and I would like to know whether a VB6 interface using ADO or a VB.NET interface using ADO.NET would be faster in terms of just performing database operations. Is there an explanation for this, and what is the magnitude of the difference? Thanks in advance!...

ado.net or/and datawindow.net
Hi, Can datawindow.net work with Sybase's ado.net or are they not compatible with each other. We have two separate groups of developers, one group develops web apps using ASE as the back end for the data, so they use a combination of Visual Studio ..NET and Sybase's ado.net to do their work. We have another group that develops client/server apps using Powerbuilder, but since 80% of their work is in writting reports using Powerbuilder, I was wondering if they could use a combination of datawindow.net and ado.net to put make these reports available on the web through ...

ADO to ADO.NET
I'm an ASP programmer (VBScript) moving on to ASP.NET. So far I'm using:Microsoft Visual Studio 2003ASP.NET with C#I'm working on converting my code over to C#, from VBScript. Now, here is my code in VBScript (modified to better understand it, this is a edited ugly version):Function ExecuteSQL(sqlStatement)    ConnDriver = "Provider=SQLOLEDB; Data Source = " & dbIP & "; Initial Catalog = " & dbName & "; User Id = " & dbUser & "; Password=" & dbPassword     Set connTemp = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")    c...

ADO.NET Visual Studio 2005 Install Help!, ADO.NET Missing
 Hi everyoneI have a real annoying problem, I have installed Visual Studio 2005 with C#,C++,Web Applications.. Before I installed VS2005 I made sure I had all the .Net Download from 1.1 to 3.5 with the Service Packs, I also Installed a VS2005 Patch that was around 430mb. I have tried this on 3 computers, two of XP and 1 vista.I need ADO.NET Functionality, When I choose to create a Web Application in C#, I require the ADO.NET Entity Data Model as it will allow for a graphical interaction with a SQL db. However When I Choose Add New Item in Solution explorer there is no ENtity Mode...

Innovation to ADO.NET
Matisse Software Inc. provides its native ADO.NET Data provider for Matisse 6.0, the Database for .NET. Matisse Software has pushed the envelope of Microsoft ADO.NET architecture and extended it into a powerful Object Access Services component for .NET. Matisse’s extension of ADO.NET demonstrates that ADO.NET can evolve beyond the Microsoft architecture to benefit .NET developers. Unlike the standard ADO.NET data provider, which returns data in a table format to integrate seamlessly with relational products, Matisse has extended the ADO.NET architecture to return data in an object format....

ADO not ADO.NET
Hi, I have to connect to a db using adodb (which i select from the references). I have to retrieve the car models from the database and bind them to a listbox. I am not sure how to proceed and I can't find any articles on ADO with .net and data binding. Here is the code that i tried but it only retrieves the car model for the specified id. If I delete the id it doesn't work. Also it writes the car model in the listbox vertically such as: B M W CODE: Imports System.Data Imports ADODB Imports System.Data.OleDb Public Class listboxADO Inherits System.Web.UI...

ado.net and .net 2.0
Does anyone know if there has been any notable changes to ADO.NET in .NET 2.0 in the areas of data access (both reads and writes) except for the new SqlDataSource and equivalent user controls? Try these links for  tutorials. Hope this helps.http://beta.asp.net/QUICKSTART/aspnet/doc/data/advanced.aspx#nulls http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnsql90/html/mandataaccess.aspKind regards,Gift Peddie...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

I am trying to find .NET FrameWork class libraries and ADO.NET libraries maps to hang in my cube at work or at home.
Hello,    I am in search of the .NET Framework 1.x and 2.0 and 3.0 class library maps and ADO.NET class library maps to hang/pin to my cube at work and also at home. I believe that helps understand more about the Framework and also if some thing is presented in a pictorial representation I guess I can learn more than reading whole lot of stuff.   So is there a place on the net or any company that offers this to buy or down load?   Any inputs or help me finding on this is greately appreciated.   Thanks in advance, -L   The Visual Studio magazine use...

ADO.NET Programming in Visual Basic .NET
Has anyone read "ADO.NET Programming in Visual Basic .NET, Second Edition" by Steve Holzner (Author), Bob Howell (Author)? I am trying to working on a project and there are a few things that I need to tie up quickly in my web forms. Is this book a good one? karls------------------------------------'Old and wrinkled is not what I expected to become when I grew up!'...

ADO to ADO.NET help
Hi, I am converting application ASP to ASP.NET.What is the equivalent code in ADO.NET. For each F in RS.Fields FieldName = F.Name Next Thanks, Nate If it is forward only, then you can use datareader for more info on this, check below link Datareader on MSDN Hope it helps!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti...

ADO.NET VS ADO
Hi I am having ADO.NET course these days. I asked the instructor that developing online system like airline reservation system needs to a connected environment to lock/Unlock the table when u read/write to it Can that be acomplished using ado.net. His answer was no ADO.NET is only for disconnected environment and it will not work with online system and i still should use the old ADO. ADO.NET is not a replacment for ADO and both will continue in paralell. IS his answer true that ADO.NET will not replace ADO and both will continue Regards Check this link. Well ADO.NET is pa...

Converting ADO to ADO.NET
Hi, I am trying to convert this code from ADO to ADO.NET I am very new to ADO.NET and am a bit confused on how I would convert this. Basically what I am trying to do is capture the name of the fields of a table to populate a dropdownlistbox. The table name will change every time the program is run. This is not a problem and I can code for that. Here is what I have in ADO (I have tried the wizard but it did not change the code) Dim tblFields As Object Dim myRst As New ADODB.Recordset Dim myField As ADODB.Field Dim myCnn As New ADODB.C...

Web resources about - Does .NET map calls for ADO to ADO.NET? - asp.net.object-datasource

The Motherland Calls - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
48°44′32.5″N 44°32′13″E  /  48.742361°N 44.53694°E  / 48.742361; 44.53694 near Mamayev Kurgan , Volgograd The Motherland Calls ( Russian ...

Optimal Calls Out French’s, Gerber Childrenswear, Toys “R” Us, Students First For Facebook Engagement ...
Facebook advertising and marketing developer Optimal called out four brands for their engagement growth during the period from Nov. 13 through ...

AAJA MediaWatch Calls for Apology From Jason Whitlock
UPDATE At 12:44 a.m. Feb. 12, Jason Whitlock posted this on Foxsports.com: I get Linsanity. I've cried watching Tiger Woods win a major golf ...

During Talk, Zuckerberg Hints at Friends List Changes, Calls Upcoming Film “Fiction”
Mark Zuckerberg mentioned that Facebook is working on improvements to the friend lists feature during a talk yesterday –“hopefully soon we’ll ...

Obama Calls on Citizens to Ask Congress to Slit Their Throats « naked capitalism
... Obama’s 2010 fiscal commission said it’s unlikely the president and Congress will reach a deal by the end of this year to avert the so-called ...

Notable Calls (@thenotablecalls) on Twitter

Berkshire 2014: Warren Buffett Calls Self-Driving Cars 'Real Threat' to Insurers
... may be starting to fret about that.Buffett’s company, Berkshire Hathaway, owns the massive auto insurer Berkshire 2014: Warren Buffett Calls ...

Free calls - comm: more connected more clear for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store ...
Get Free calls - comm: more connected more clear on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Cricket legend Ian Chappell calls for worldwide Chris Gayle ban
​Australian cricket great Ian Chappell has called on Cricket Australia to propose a worldwide contracting ban on Chris Gayle following ...