How to connect a Database(.mdb) in an other server?

Can I use the connection string like below?
mycon.ConnectionString="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=http://www.****.com/***/mydb.mdb"
0
dbcoffee

You can not.

That simple.
Access is file based. No a client/server architecture.
Thomas Tomiczek
PowerNodes ApS
(Microsoft MVP C#/.NET)
---
Building a Website? Try the PowerNodes CMS - http://www.powernodes.com/
0
thona
8/6/2004 1:16:39 PM
Correction: you can. Just make sure you can reach the acces db file - through a file share that is bound as drive.

Not that you should. Performance will be horrible.
Thomas Tomiczek
PowerNodes ApS
(Microsoft MVP C#/.NET)
---
Building a Website? Try the PowerNodes CMS - http://www.powernodes.com/
0
thona
8/6/2004 1:17:34 PM
To clarify, you should use the UNC name (\\server\share\path\filename.mdb) since a mapped drive for your user account will not be mapped for the ASPNET account.  And as Thona says, performance will be terrible.  Just as important, since you need to have access to the drive at a file-share level, it will not work through most firewalls, so connecting to a server across the Web will generally not work.
Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:
Programming Microsoft Web Forms
My Blog
0
douglas

The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing.
I'm not sure what this error is referring to. I've built a report and it runs in the IDE in preview mode, however when I try to deploy it, I get this error message.   Thanks. Doug   ...

"Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded."
Hello Sybase Users, Could anyone tell me what's the cause of this error message "alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded"? Actually, the sybase server is running and the user is remotely accessing the server. It was when the user used the Interactive SQL remotely that this error came out. Then, he also tried to use the Interactive SQL on the server machine but there was no error encountered. It also came out ONCE when 10 users were simultaneously logging on the system application. What's...

"Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded." error message
Hello Sybase User Experts, I like to find out the cause of this error message "Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded." Do you have any idea about this? What is the cause and how to solve this problem?! Your answer or idea to this error message will be a great help to me. Thank you in advance. Regards, Beverly Beverly, First of all, what database server are you using? And how are you connecting to it? -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] <Beverly> wrote in message news:3f7932b1.1356....

Unable to connect to database server: Database server not running
I get this error on one of my clients, although the DB server is, in fact, running. If I go to ODBC, and "TEST CONNECTION" it says OK, and all begins to work within a minute or so again. Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Unable to connect to database server: Database server not running Are there client settings, or server settings, which can eliminate this annoying problem? Our entire website stops working as it's completely db driven, until the error clears itself up... RUNNING ASA 6.0.3030 RT Can you post the parameters you filled in...

how to connect a database server with two databases
Hi, I start a database server (dbsrv6) with two databases(e.g. A and B), but I found that I only connect and query of database A, not B by JDBC . Can ASA support that ???? Thanks Yes, you can connect to any one of the database loaded on a server. Example, if I start the server using dbsrv6 -n myServer A.db B.db C.db Then I can specify which database I want to connect to by using the DBN (databasename) connection parameter, as in dbisql -c "UID=DBA;PWD=SQL;eng=myServer;dbn=A" will connect to the A.db database, where as dbisql -c "UID=DBA;PWD=SQL;e...

can't connect to sql server database with same connection used in visual studio .net 2003
I have the following code that works fine in visual studio .net 2003 but not with VWD.  I have sql server 2000 developer edition installed locally and this connection works fine with visual studio.  With VWD it fails with the exception "System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'DARRELL\ASPNET'".  It fails on the conn.Open line.   any ideas on what the issue is?Dim conn As SqlConnectionDim connstr As Stringconnstr = "Data Source=DARRELL;Initial Catalog=Event;Integrated Security=SSPI;"Dim daEvents As New SqlDataAdapter("select * from events", connstr...

connect a database in remote server (can connect to the server via SSH)
Hi, All: I am a new to perl. My perl code need to connect to the database in the remote server, and I can login that server via SSH. Can anyone give me a hint about how can I do that? Many thanks. On 7/17/07, zhangxiaoyu912@gmail.com <zhangxiaoyu912@gmail.com> wrote: > I am a new to perl. My perl code need to connect to the database in > the remote server, and I can login that server via SSH. Can anyone > give me a hint about how can I do that? Many thanks. Have you seen what's on CPAN? http://search.cpan.org/search?query=ssh&mode=all Good luck w...

dynamically connect multiple databases to a database server
Our application uses embedded SQL to access databases. For v5.x, we dynamically connect multiple databases to a database server via dbclient.exe. We call ?db_string_connect (&sqlca,connect_str) ? for each database we want to connect to. We tried to do the same thing for v8.x, but failed to get a connection (SQLCODE -75) unless we start the server with all the databases we want to connect to and omit the DBF parameter from the connect_str. The connect_str we use is ?UID=dba;PWDsql;ENG=MyServer;Start=-x TCPIP; CON=sample;DBN=sample;DBF=c:\sample.db" As part of monthly up...

How can I change my connection to a different database...it is not connecting to the database I created.
My data is connected to the ASPNETDB.MDF database. Is this a must that I have it connected to this database or can I have it connected to a database that I created. You can connect to different database such as sql or other access files. All you have to do is to define which connection string to use within your web.config file. If you want to make sure that your database is prepared to be used, use features such as ASPNET_REGSQL.EXE at VS Command Prompt. Hope this helps. Jae.jae.lee@jaeleeandco.com I'm in the Army...here in Georgia. Is it cold there.. Hi Jae,    &nb...

Guided Tour - Creating A Database
Hi, I followed the Guided Tour at the section "Creating A Database," but I cannot do this. The problem is when I clicked on the Data tab in the Workspace window, the window displayed an empty data workspace as seen at the tour. However, I did not see the "New Connection" button at the top bar as directed. How can I add this button in for using? Thanks! Vy I had some trouble here too. Try this version of the tour: http://www.asp.net/webmatrix/guidedtour/section2/newconn.aspx the iconography is different -- maybe what you are looking for if you just dow...

How do I connect to a MS SQL Server database as 2nd connect
The program uses a SQLBase database, but I need a 2nd connection to a MS SQL Server database. I tried creating a connectstring like the connection to SQLBase using a new transaction object inherited from n_tr. My connectstring looks like: ConnectString='DSN=newsqldb;DB=newsqldb;SRVR=HERA;UID=xxx;PWD=xxxxxx;' But I get the following error: Database connection failed. Error message 10002 Invalid login id entered. The login id was not in error - I can connect to the database throught PB database painter - MS SQL Server Query Analyzer. Does anyone know how I should creat...

how i write connection string for database connectivity in hosting server
  HII am working with one ISp company and some asp.net applicationsrunning in our server,and one of the client complained his asp.net web application not working properly some of the pages not working. i think may be it is  for database connectivity problem if  this is problem , how i write connection string for database connectivity how i write   Check http://connectionstrings.com/Regards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like duplicate ,Off-topic,offensive,or any post t...

Unable to connect to database server: Unable to start database engine
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this. However, here goes. I am using PB 7.0 I set up my database using the ODBC Data Source Administrator configuration for Adaptive Server Anywhere (System DSN). Then I created my profile. I tested the connection and it worked fine. Then I went to Jaguar Manager, created the Connection Cache using the database I just setup. I setup everything currectly including using the odbc32.dll (Driver Tab) I got this error when I pinged it: (error is taken from my aguar's srv.log file) May 24 10:06:32 2001: cm__odbc_error: ...

Web resources about - Database Connection???How to connect a Database in an other server? - asp.net.object-datasource

The Direct Connection

Is There A Connection Between Patrick Murphy's Over-The-Top Corruption And His Campaign Emails?
The DCCC may be stupid or even very stupid (as well as utterly incompetent) but their e-mail strategy is very well-planned out. Their overarching ...

Cross-cultural Connections and Exchange: international study is more important than ever
... And, as a minority of ill-intentioned individuals and groups do their best to create divides, we need citizens equipped to create connections ...

Mali arrests 2 in connection with deadly hotel attack
Mali arrests 2 in connection with deadly hotel attack