data type DATA

just want to ask why i still encounter "Type Expected" error in the DATA data type. though i already imports the System.Data.SqlClient
0
den_mr

data, data, data
Hello, I need some advice on the best method to keep a database updated in this scenario. I have a local Solomon SQL Server where we keep our inventory. I want to build an application that will be hosted at a remote hosting location which provides a SQL database. I want to build the application to allow clients to access the inventory items and make requests based on the remote SQL data. The order will be sent to our fulfillment department via email; they will fiill the request and ship.  I'm not sure the method to do this while keeping the data current on the remote and the l...

Difference between var type of .NET 3.5 and object Data Type in .NET 2.0?
Hi All,With .NET 3.5 a new feature is introduced of defining Anonymous Type.You can achieve this with keyword "var".We can achieve the same functionality in .NET 2.0 with object type.What is the difference between var type of .NET 3.5 and object Data Type in .NET 2.0?Virendra (MCTS)My Site, Blog virendra1983:With .NET 3.5 a new feature is introduced of defining Anonymous Type. var types are actually strongly typed in design time. What happens in the IDE infers the type of the object based on its initialisation so you get strong typing and intellisensee.g.var i = 9...

How to convert varchar data type into datetime data type without data lose
Hi all, i have stored date as varchar(30) data type and Date format is dd/MM/yyyy now i have to convert it into datatime data type can u help me in query ?  i have 330 records and each recod contain the Date in format of dd/MM/YYYY but due to varchar data type i can not perform calculation on Date so i have to convert into datetime without data lose. please help me in this regard. Best RegardsRameezWaheed  life is name of learning!Mark as an answer if it helps You can check these posts http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2039108&SiteID=17   ...

error --------------------unable to cast object of type'system.data.datatable'to type system.data.datarow[]
getting error in the bold line  so plz help me to resolve the problem  Private Sub form1_load(ByVal eventSender As System.Object, ByVal eventArgs As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load con.Open() Strquery = "Select * from optimizer" adp = New SqlDataAdapter(Strquery, con) adp.Fill(ds, "optimizer") dtb = ds.Tables("optimizer") 'cmdCommand = New SqlCommand(Strquery, con) Try 'dr = cmdCommand.ExecuteReader fs = File.Open("c:/abc.txt", FileMode.Create, FileAccess.Write, FileShare.None) sw = New StreamWriter(fs) For Each drow In ds.Tables sw.WriteLine(drow(0).ToString +...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Data.DataView' to type 'System.Data.DataTable'.
what is my problem? I'm working with GridView for sorting The error message is that "Unable to cast object of type 'System.Data.DataView' to type 'System.Data.DataTable'".... Dim m_DataTable As DataTable = GridView1.DataSource How can I change the code above?   Well let's see, if your DataSource is a DataView, you can get its associated DataTable object using the .Table property: Dim m_DataTable As DataTable = GridView1.DataSource.Table or in a land of strict typing:  Dim m_DataTable As DataTable = CType(GridView1.DataSource, System.Data.DataView).Table   Hope tha...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Data.DataView' to type 'System.Data.DataTable'.
When I click the sort hyperlink, I got this error mesg: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Data.DataView' to type 'System.Data.DataTable'.  in line 5.How do I fix this? Thanks. 1 Protected Sub GVCRlisting_Sorting(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewSortEventArgs) Handles GVCRlisting.Sorting 2 GridViewSortExpression = e.SortExpression 3 Dim pageIndex As Integer = GVCRlisting.PageIndex 4 5 GVCRlisting.DataSource = SortDataTable(GVCRlisting.DataSource, False) 6 GVCRlisting....

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Data.Common.DataRecordInternal' to type 'System.Data.DataRowView'.
Hi... I have a ListView which is nested in the ItemTemplate of another ListView. If a "status" value in the inner ListView = 1, then I'd like to hide the "Add to cart" link. However, the inner ListView's ItemDataBound event results in the error: "Unable to cast object of type 'System.Data.Common.DataRecordInternal' to type 'System.Data.DataRowView'." I've thoroughly searched the forums, but have not found a solution to this seemingly straightforward problem. Here is the code; the error occurs at line 8. 1 protected void L...

Data or Data
I pronounce it "data". HTH I pronounce it dAta and data. Depends upon my mood and the context it's in. Like I preserve dAta, but i lose data. :P Matthew wrote: > I pronounce it dAta and data. Depends upon my mood and the context it's > in. Like I preserve dAta, but i lose data. :P Lt Commander D "ay" ta. Nuff said. In fact he corrected Dr Pulaski when she called him D "ah" ta. D ay ta, d ah ta, what's the difference? One is my name... the other is not. :) <-geek > > Lt Commander D "ay&quo...

Data Data :|
Ok, i have a very simple access database called score with just one table called high. This is just going to be used to keep the current score of a higher scorer and there name However, when the page loads i want the user to see this current high score and the persons name, but just one record i only ever want this to hold one record aswell..When the user finish’s the game there score is currently presented to them, when this happens i would like to connect to the database and check weather there score is higher than the current score (may have changed since they loaded page...

Unable to cast object of type 'WIM2008_Web.App_Code.wim.security.data.User' to type 'WIM2008_Web.App_Code.wim.security.data.User'
I don't know if i post this in the rigth forum but it is related to database call. this is my code: public DataSet CustomerDetails_Select(Int32 ID)    {      DataSet ds = new DataSet();      WIMConnect wimcon = new WIMConnect();      WIMConnection cnnwim = new WIMConnection();      ConvertDataReaderToDataTable DrToDs = new ConvertDataReaderToDataTable();      GridViewHeadersDao gvh = new GridViewHeadersDao();       &nb...

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range datetime value.
After testing out the application i write on the local pc. I deploy it to the webserver to test it out. I get this error. System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range datetime value. Notes: all pages that have this error either has a repeater or datagrid which load data when page loading. At first I thought the problem is with the date, but then I can see that some other pages that has datagrid ( that has a date field) work just fine. anyone having this problem before?? hopefully you guys can help...

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range datetime value
After clicking my update button I'm receiving this error:    The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range datetime value. The statement has been terminated. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range datetime value. The statement has been...

The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type!!
hello all .. I have a form that includes two textboxes (Date and Version) .. When I try to insert the record I get the following error message .. seems that something wrong with my coversion (Data type)"The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range datetime value.The statement has been terminated."   in my SQL database I have the date feild as datetime and the version as nvarchar(max) this is the code in the vb page .. Can you please tell me how to solve this problem?Imports System.Data.SqlClient Imports system.web.configuration ...

How to move a row in a data table object to the top of the table? The data table is in a data set. The data is bound to a drop down list box.
I am maintaining some 2003 C#/asp.net code for a web application. In the application a table in a data set is usedto populate a drop down list box.(The drop down list box will display a list of names) Before the data set table is bound to the list box control, blank characters are inserted at the topof the data set table. The purpose of this, is to display a blank line in the drop down list box, when the list box isinitially displayed. This code works fine. (See lines 1-14 below). Now I have been asked to modify the source code so that instead of a blank line being inserted at to top of th...