Data Data :|

Ok, i have a very simple access database called score with just one table called high. This is just going to be used to keep the current score of a higher scorer and there name However, when the page loads i want the user to see this current high score and the persons name, but just one record i only ever want this to hold one record aswell..When the user finish’s the game there score is currently presented to them, when this happens i would like to connect to the database and check weather there score is higher than the current score (may have changed since they loaded page) I was wondering how i get this data into a variable so i can use it in a simple if statement... Then i will need to edit the current record... But i think i only need help with getting the data in the format that i want...

0
tomehb

If you want to get the only record from the hightest score table, you can just do

SELECT Score FROM HightestScore

Since this query just return one row with one cell, you can certainly execute it with SqlCommand.ExecuteScalar().

However, I don't suggest to store the highest score seperately. You can query the highest score dynamically from the scores table, like

SELECT Top 1 Score FROM Scores ORDER BY Score

The first record will be the highest score.

HTH. If this does not answer you question, please feel free to mark the post as Not Answered and post your reply. Thanks!

Sincerely,
Kevin Yu
Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Mark as Not Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
0
Kevin
2/19/2007 4:44:50 AM

Can you provide a link to where I can get specific instructions on

setting up IIS and access rights when using an Access 2003 DB as

a backend to a website? Did most of the IIS setup already with a host

who didn't have any experience with Access backends.

Do you have a working website with an Access backend? I have

a site that works fine in Vis Studio 2005 Pro, but problems getting

it to run. It publishes fine using XP Pro, but I get 403 (not authorized) and

404 (page not found) errors. Do you know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for any help..Cool

0
BGriffin_TPA

data, data, data
Hello, I need some advice on the best method to keep a database updated in this scenario. I have a local Solomon SQL Server where we keep our inventory. I want to build an application that will be hosted at a remote hosting location which provides a SQL database. I want to build the application to allow clients to access the inventory items and make requests based on the remote SQL data. The order will be sent to our fulfillment department via email; they will fiill the request and ship.  I'm not sure the method to do this while keeping the data current on the remote and the l...

Data or Data
I pronounce it "data". HTH I pronounce it dAta and data. Depends upon my mood and the context it's in. Like I preserve dAta, but i lose data. :P Matthew wrote: > I pronounce it dAta and data. Depends upon my mood and the context it's > in. Like I preserve dAta, but i lose data. :P Lt Commander D "ay" ta. Nuff said. In fact he corrected Dr Pulaski when she called him D "ah" ta. D ay ta, d ah ta, what's the difference? One is my name... the other is not. :) <-geek > > Lt Commander D "ay&quo...

How to move a row in a data table object to the top of the table? The data table is in a data set. The data is bound to a drop down list box.
I am maintaining some 2003 C#/asp.net code for a web application. In the application a table in a data set is usedto populate a drop down list box.(The drop down list box will display a list of names) Before the data set table is bound to the list box control, blank characters are inserted at the topof the data set table. The purpose of this, is to display a blank line in the drop down list box, when the list box isinitially displayed. This code works fine. (See lines 1-14 below). Now I have been asked to modify the source code so that instead of a blank line being inserted at to top of th...

How to validate Session Data before FormView and Object Data Source Controls the session data
I have a FormView control as well as two object data sources on a webpage.  Some of the data that is used by these controls comes from session objects that were loaded in a different page.  I want to be able to validate this session data before the FormView or the Object Data Sources uses them, so I added the following piece of code into my Page_Load: if (!IsPostBack){    ValidateSessionData();} The ValidateSessionData throws an error if the session data is not correct (ie. the previous web page sent this page bad data).   Unfortunately throwi...

Data Connection has no data in the data grid???
I have a data connection that I use to create a data set and I bind the data set to a data grid, but when I run the page no data or grid appears... I know there is data in the table that the data connection attaches to. Please review my code below and offer suggestions why my data grid is empty. Thanks,Ryan<%@ Page Language="C#" %><%@ Register TagPrefix="wmx" Namespace="Microsoft.Matrix.Framework.Web.UI" Assembly="Microsoft.Matrix.Framework, Version=0.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6f763c9966660626" %><%@ import Namespace="System.Data" %><%@ import Namespace...

How do I Data Bind a GridView Control to an object data source that has imbedded objects
What follows are snippets of two classes that I am using: public class Location{ private string locationCode;  public String LocationCode {      get { return locationCode;}      set { locationCode = value; } }} public class User{ private Location location;  public Location Location {     get { return location;}     set { location = value} }}  I have bound a GridView control to a collection of User objects.  Within the GridView I need to display the ...

how to find if an object data source has no data
Hi everyone; I have a dropdownlist control which takes information from DB through an objectdatasource. When there is no data in the db obviously it renders a dropdownlist without any row inside but I couldn't figure out how to identify it programmatically in the page_load phase.. Thanks...Kaan ÖZGEN Check the DropDownList.Rows.Count in the DropDownList_DataBound event... and go from there! sorry but it doesn't exist??Kaan ÖZGEN Hi Kaan, To figure out if there is any data to be filled into the DropDownList, I suggest you check the count in object data source's Select metho...

How to get data from an Object data source?
Hi I am new to data source controls and I have a basic query...I am using following code to show some results in a GridView with custom pagination.<asp:ObjectDataSource ID="objectDataSourceSearch" runat="server" EnablePaging="True"              SelectMethod="Select" TypeName="GoogleSearchDatasource" SelectCountMethod="SelectCount"             OnSelecting="objectDataSourceSearch_Selecting" >  &...

query data from data table object
Hi, Is there any way to query data from datatabel object like this: "select distinct columnName"? i have a method which return datatable from excel sheet, i want to manpulate the inoforrmation before i save them to the database i know i can use the select method for a datatbale, but it seems that it just play the role of the 'Where' condition any help please Thanks   ,  HiYes, there is way to get select distinct columns from DataTable using Helper Class in Visual C# .NET. The following article will shed some light on this http://support.micros...

.NET 2.0 Data Connection (.NET 2.0 Beta Data Provider)
I have installed the .NET 2.0 Beta Data Provider, in the server explorer in Visual Studio 2005 I have tried to connect to this provider but I can not see it in the list. Is there something else you need to do to see this other than what is in the instructions or is this not supported yet? Hi Dean, I assume you mean ASE ADO.NET 2.0 Beta. I'm attaching the html readme for this product that you should have from downloading it. Are you talking about using Server Explorer to see the Provider? This functionality isn't working yet and should be available on GA or shortly ...

to fetch data gridview data into a data table
Hi I have one gridview. which have some textboxes and some are data boud columns. I want to fetch whole the data in the gridview into one data set or datatable.And then insert that dataset or datatable into one other database table. Is there any way to do that. Please reply as soon as possible at max_ashu@yahoo.com and ashish.gautam@rbs.com  regards Ashish Gautam Hi, >>"...and some are data boud columns..."  Where does the original data on the GridView come from? From you words, seems that it also from a DataSet? If so, you can save the input values ...

The .Net Data SQL Provider (System.Data.SqlClient) requires Microsoft Data Access Components(MDAC) version 2.6 or later.
I am getting error like The .Net Data SQL Provider (System.Data.SqlClient) requires Microsoft Data Access Components(MDAC) version 2.6 or later. i am working with windowsXP. Already in my system i have MDAC 2.7. I donot know why am i getting error like this. anybody help me please...

How to sort data using Object data source?
How do i sort data using object datasource. Please check the code below. The DropDownList2, which is directly binds to method shows sorted data. But the the DropDownList1 which binds to ObjectDataSource does not show sorted data. Infact the data in DropDownList2 is sorted by its value property, which in this case "CustomerID". But if you check the code the datatable is sorted by "ContactName" and thats what i want.public static DataTable GetAllCustomers() { SqlConnection con = new SqlConnection(con_string); SqlCommand cmd = new SqlComman...

object data source (no data components to choose from)
Hi everyone. i have just joined this community hoping to find a solution to my problem. When i drag an object data source (Visual web developer 2005 express edition) to my page and try to choose a class (from .cs file in App_Code folder) it shows nothing on the drop down list. There are also 2 other machines connected to the same server working on the same site, an they have no problem with listing classes and selecting methods. I have installed service pack one   Any ideas? Try uncheck the Show only data components when you are in the Choose a Business Object step of the Configur...

Web resources about - Data Data :| - asp.net.object-datasource

Data - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For data in computer science, see Data (computing) . For other uses, see Data (disambiguation) . is a set of values of qualitative or quantitative ...

Data stickies, a graphene alternative to flash drives
Data stickies is a design concept, but not necessarily a pipe dream. There’s some real science here. dataSTICKIES are conceptualized to be made ...

How to get 2GB of free data from Verizon right now
... focus to a deal that won't cost you a dime. If you're a Verizon Wireless subscriber with an eligible plan, Verizon will give you 2GB of data ...

Starwood data breach: See which hotels were hacked
Company says hackers were able to see debit and credit card information of some people that dined or shopped at some of its hotels

Data breach hits some Starwood hotels
Point of sale systems of a limited number of its hotels in North America were infected with malware, the company said.

Customers at Sheraton, Westin, other hotels hit by data-stealing hack attack
Starwood Hotels and Resorts, the company behind nearly a dozen hotel brands, says that more than 50 of its locations suffered from a malware ...

FCC Chair: Video Streaming That Doesn’t Count Against Your Data Caps Is “Innovative” And “Highly Competitive” ...
... out there unresolved all this time. Except now they’re a bit more resolved, and it seems to be totally okay for the time being. As data caps ...

Verizon Unveils New Prepaid Data Plans -
Verizon today once again shook up its prepaid wireless data pricing as it tries to compete with a growing number of discounted, competitive options. ...

Qylur System Uses Big Data to Improve Levi's Stadium Security
New technology that is landing at Levi's Stadium takes a robust approach to physical security.

Health Data Will Always Be Uniquely Personal: Q&A With Imprivata's CEO About Healthcare Security
Health data will always be uniquely personal and without automation, the digital revolution will not be fully realized in healthcare, says Omar ...