Converting .NET ADO Dataset to ADO Recordset

Hi Experts,

I have a .NET dataset and I have to convert it to an ADO Recordset to call a method of an ocx because the parameter of this method is an ADO recordset. How can I do that ???
Here is my function where I have to convert

Public Sub DisplayAgentStats()
Dim objConnection As SqlConnection
Dim objCommand As SqlDataAdapter
Dim sConnStr As String
Dim sSQL As String
Dim ds As New DataSet()
Dim ReturnCode As Integer
sConnStr = "server=ServerA;database=DB1;uid=sa"
sSQL = "select Id, LastName, FirstName FROM Agents"
objConnection = New SqlConnection(sConnStr)
objCommand = New SqlDataAdapter(sSQL, objConnection)
objCommand.Fill(ds, "DB")
'--> Here I need to convert the .NET dataset called "ds" to an ADO Recordset
'--> because the parameter in function "myOCX.CalculateAgentStats"
'--> is an ADO Recordset.
ReturnCode = myOCX.CalculateAgentStats(mADODBRS)
End Sub

Thanks !
0
sruel

May be it is easy for you to get a recordset by using  ADO COM object in .net .
jimmym
8/18/2003 8:44:49 PM
You cannot directly convert or cast any ASP.NET object to a Recordset. Your best option is probably to use an ADO recordset to start with. If you have to use a datatable, your only real choice is to manually create the recordset by appending a new field to the recordset object for each column in the datatable, then manually adding each new row and setting the correct values. This will be very inefficient, especially for large sets of data.

AutoFed
0
autofed

Converting ADO to ADO.NET
Hi, I am trying to convert this code from ADO to ADO.NET I am very new to ADO.NET and am a bit confused on how I would convert this. Basically what I am trying to do is capture the name of the fields of a table to populate a dropdownlistbox. The table name will change every time the program is run. This is not a problem and I can code for that. Here is what I have in ADO (I have tried the wizard but it did not change the code) Dim tblFields As Object Dim myRst As New ADODB.Recordset Dim myField As ADODB.Field Dim myCnn As New ADODB.C...

Does .NET map calls for ADO to ADO.NET?
Hello,We are trying to troubleshoot some DB problems from COM objects that call ADO. I heard that when ADO is loaded inside of a COM object by a .NET app, that .NET intercepts the call and re-maps those calls over to ADO.NET. This seems untrue to me, given the nature of ADO.NET being a totally separate technology.Does anyone know for sure whether this does or does not occur?The problem we are seeing is actually almost identical in symptoms to this:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/230101"FIX: Data Queries Sporadically Return Empty Recordsets" Literally, this is what...

ADO.NET equivalent to ADO recordset
I'm new to ASP.NET 2.0 and ADO.Net but have some experience with oldschool ASP and ADO :)My question is ADO.NET has an equivalent to ADO recordset?In normal ADO I use to read and compare database cells 1 set User= Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") 2 User_sql = "SELECT * FROM tblUsers WHERE UserName='" & Request.Form("UserName") & "'" 3 User.open User_sql, Conn 4 5 if User("Password") = Request.form("Password") then 6 Response.write(User("Password"))7 end if ...

ADO in VB6 vs ADO.NET in VB.NET
I am writing a database interface and I would like to know whether a VB6 interface using ADO or a VB.NET interface using ADO.NET would be faster in terms of just performing database operations. Is there an explanation for this, and what is the magnitude of the difference? Thanks in advance!...

ADO not ADO.NET
Hi, I have to connect to a db using adodb (which i select from the references). I have to retrieve the car models from the database and bind them to a listbox. I am not sure how to proceed and I can't find any articles on ADO with .net and data binding. Here is the code that i tried but it only retrieves the car model for the specified id. If I delete the id it doesn't work. Also it writes the car model in the listbox vertically such as: B M W CODE: Imports System.Data Imports ADODB Imports System.Data.OleDb Public Class listboxADO Inherits System.Web.UI...

ADO to ADO.NET
I'm an ASP programmer (VBScript) moving on to ASP.NET. So far I'm using:Microsoft Visual Studio 2003ASP.NET with C#I'm working on converting my code over to C#, from VBScript. Now, here is my code in VBScript (modified to better understand it, this is a edited ugly version):Function ExecuteSQL(sqlStatement)    ConnDriver = "Provider=SQLOLEDB; Data Source = " & dbIP & "; Initial Catalog = " & dbName & "; User Id = " & dbUser & "; Password=" & dbPassword     Set connTemp = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")    c...

how to cast a Recordset from ADO to a ADO.NET Data Struct
Hi! can somebody tell me how to cast a Recordset from ADO to a ADO.NET Data Struct the ado recordset is in a dll that is called from an app that is being build in C#.NET Thanks in advance Luis Diego Rojas M.www.formsevolution.net You can't. You can only cast objects that inherit from the same base class (oversimplification, but that's the gist of it). It sounds like you want to convert it from a recordset to something else in .NET, right? What do you want it as? XML data? A data set? Something else? Give us more information and we'll try to help. DonDon Kiely, MC...

ADO.NET Visual Studio 2005 Install Help!, ADO.NET Missing
 Hi everyoneI have a real annoying problem, I have installed Visual Studio 2005 with C#,C++,Web Applications.. Before I installed VS2005 I made sure I had all the .Net Download from 1.1 to 3.5 with the Service Packs, I also Installed a VS2005 Patch that was around 430mb. I have tried this on 3 computers, two of XP and 1 vista.I need ADO.NET Functionality, When I choose to create a Web Application in C#, I require the ADO.NET Entity Data Model as it will allow for a graphical interaction with a SQL db. However When I Choose Add New Item in Solution explorer there is no ENtity Mode...

Innovation to ADO.NET
Matisse Software Inc. provides its native ADO.NET Data provider for Matisse 6.0, the Database for .NET. Matisse Software has pushed the envelope of Microsoft ADO.NET architecture and extended it into a powerful Object Access Services component for .NET. Matisse’s extension of ADO.NET demonstrates that ADO.NET can evolve beyond the Microsoft architecture to benefit .NET developers. Unlike the standard ADO.NET data provider, which returns data in a table format to integrate seamlessly with relational products, Matisse has extended the ADO.NET architecture to return data in an object format....

using an ADO.NET dataset as a datasource for RS
Hi all, Is it possible to use an ADO.NET dataset (as opposed to a Reporting Services dataset) as a datasource in Reporting Services? Thanks. Mike unless I misunderstood your question, I dont think they are different. what xactly is your question.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** Yes, they are different. The datasource of a Reporting Services report is called (unfortunately) a "dataset," which is different than a dataset in ADO.NET. My question is as follows: let's say, for example, that I create an ADO.NET dataset in V...

ado.net or/and datawindow.net
Hi, Can datawindow.net work with Sybase's ado.net or are they not compatible with each other. We have two separate groups of developers, one group develops web apps using ASE as the back end for the data, so they use a combination of Visual Studio ..NET and Sybase's ado.net to do their work. We have another group that develops client/server apps using Powerbuilder, but since 80% of their work is in writting reports using Powerbuilder, I was wondering if they could use a combination of datawindow.net and ado.net to put make these reports available on the web through ...

Opinions about ADO and ADO.NET
Hi everyone again!!! I´m used to develope applications with ADO, but now with .NET to develope a Web Application and a Mobile Web Application, I don't know if I have to use ADO.NET or continue using ADO. What Disadvantages has ADO to built Mobile Applications? In ADO I use ACCESS to create the .mdb files, Can I use .mdb files with ADO.NET? Thanks for all!! Go to ADO.NET NOW ! don't be late and you can use access in ado.net ADO.NET VB.NET/C#/ASP.NET/Oracle Designer 6i DotNet4Arab.com Building a custom web control(vb.net) Well, Thanks for your opinion, but I have...

ADO to ADO.NET help
Hi, I am converting application ASP to ASP.NET.What is the equivalent code in ADO.NET. For each F in RS.Fields FieldName = F.Name Next Thanks, Nate If it is forward only, then you can use datareader for more info on this, check below link Datareader on MSDN Hope it helps!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti...

Web resources about - Converting .NET ADO Dataset to ADO Recordset - asp.net.object-datasource

Rothesay building new arena, converting existing rink to fieldhouse
The Town of Rothesay plans to build a new arena and convert the existing one into a fieldhouse.