close window appliation without connection close of database

 Hello,

If i close window application without connection close of database, connection will be closed or it is still there in pool?

Thanks

VISHAL PAREKH
0
vrparekh

vrparekh@gmail.com:

 Hello,

If i close window application without connection close of database, connection will be closed or it is still there in pool?

Thanks

It will be alive unless you close it using Connection.Close()

MVP ASP/ASP.Net
MVP ASP/ASP.Net
mudassarkhan
3/5/2009 7:15:56 AM

vrparekh@gmail.com:
If i close window application without connection close of database, connection will be closed or it is still there in pool?

Basically the connection will remains open until the garbage collector (GC) closes them for you by calling their Dispose method. But please note that when your apps remains open, your application may cause "Connection Leak". So be sure to manually close your database connections as soon as you're done with them.

Regards,Vinz

vinz

Close the main window of firefox without close the download window
Name: Diogo Email: douttorxatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Close the main window of firefox without close the download window Comments: IF I close the Main Window of Firefox and after I open again THEN my pages opened when I closed was saved but IF I close the Main Window of Firefox and give opened the Download Window THEN when I open again the Main Window of Firefox without close the Download Window the pages isn't save Why does it happen? Thanks. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; pt-BR; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3....

Connection.close() not closing my connection?
My servlet calls con.close() within the finally {} of a try..catch block. Yet I notice that sa_conn_info still lists the connection. Shouldn't the connection disappear from the sa_conn_info list when I close it? And if the answer to that is "yes, it should", has anybody seen situations like mine where it *doesn't* close it? Thanks for your help, Kathleen My bad... through a series of really stupid coding mistakes, I managed to cause a SQLException to be thrown from within the finally {} block before the connection could be closed... and I was ignoring the ...

Close window not closing
The following code is in the open event if ib_error then messagebox("Database Error", "Error: Unable to connect to the Database!", StopSign!, OK!, 1) close(this) return end if But the window remains open and the messagebox is actually behind the window. I have no code in the closequery event so the close should always work. Are you conding this in the open event? If so, move it to an event that's posted from the open event. Arthur -- lilly wrote: > The following code is in the open event > > if ib_error then > m...

Close one window both window close bug
Name: Arquib Ismail Email: arquibismail123atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Close one window both window close bug Comments: When i have 2 firefox windows open and i close one window by richtclicking on one firefox window on the taskbar and click close both windows close. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b2) Gecko/2007121120 Firefox/3.0b2 ...

difference between connection.close and command.connection.close
hello, What is the difference between odbcconnection.close and odbccommand.connection.close? I am making connection once in my application in global.asax and opening connection at application_start event and closing it at application_end event. I am accessing connection through "global.myconnection" in webforms. NOw in the webforms,do I have to mycommand.connection.open before comand.executereader?? Does mycommand.connection.close , closes the odbcconnection that I make in gloabl.asax? It is confusing, because on the first function executing on webform, when I myc...

underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly
Hi ,   I am working with wcf and linq  and i am facing a problem"The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly. " when i am trying to return my linq query to the client.I tried for changing the code in web.config for client and server.like   Client :   <behaviors> <endpointBehaviors> <behavior name="debuggingBehaviour"> <dataContractSerializer maxItemsInObjectGraph="2147483646" />                 &nb...

Closing all Child windows when Parent window is closed !!
Hi guys, I am trying to close all child windows when I close my parent window. First of all, I thought of doing this during page onunload event. But my application in asp.net will do many postbacks and everytime the onunload is called and hence my javascript array will be reinitialised everytime. So, I came with another approach where in I am storing the object in a hidden control at server side. So, when the child windows are open, i am adding the objects to the hidden control by appending a delimiter "~". When the parent is closed, I am fetching this array to javascript and the...

Closing all the new window when parent window is closed!
hi,  Consider that now i am opening a site 'www.asp.net' in the IE and after that i'm using ctrl+N or File->New->window to open a new window. Now if I close the first window, i want the window that is opened using ctrl+N to be closed. Is there any way to achieve this in Java Script?regards,M.S.PalaniSaami regards,M.S.PalaniSaami.http://dotnetcurve.blogspot.com/"Preserve our Mother: Earth" I dont think this is possible. But if you open any pop up from the main window you can close all the pop up once the main window is closedVikram www.vikramlakhotia.comPlea...

Closing the CURRENT window, without closing the ENTIRE browser, WHY can't I?
Name: Keith Langley Email: browsin1_1965atsbcglobaldotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Closing the CURRENT window, without closing the ENTIRE browser, WHY can't I? Comments: It's WHY I prefer the ADVANCED browser, over Firefox. It lets me close the CURRENT window, WITHOUT having to close the ENTIRE browser, to do it. To close the ENTIRE browser, you have to go to the file link/button, and chose close then the browser closes! COULDN'T you arrange something like that, I'm getting REALLY sick, of HAVING to close the ENTIRE browser, to close the currently viewed wind...

Close all child windows as well when closing their parent window
Hi all: How can I implement this feature with JS?  Take nothing on looks; take everything on evidence.- Charles Dickens  You can implements this type of functionality by calling some function in child window which call using document.setInterval. In this function you can check for the parent object. if parent object is null that call seft.close();ThanksPankaj GohelPlease Mark as Answer if you find the post useful. Hi,   this.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock(this.GetType(), "Closeme", "window.opener.location.reload();window.close();", true)...

i want to close popup window when i close main window
dear all, advance thanks...can anybody help me.... i am using VS 2005 web application based on VB. i am using this following code for popup the window.   Page.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock(Me.GetType(), "popup", "window.open('webpopup.aspx?querystring','','scrollbars=yes,menubar=no,height=700,width=1000,resizable=yes,toolbar=no,location=no,status=no')", True) my requirements are 1.whether this code will work in firefox?if no how i want to call this for both IE and firefox 2.when i will close the main window i want to close thi...

Closing preferences window closes browser window also
Name: Tim Cheadle Product: Bon Echo Summary: Closing preferences window closes browser window also Comments: I'm using Bon Echo Alpha 2 on Mac OS 10.4.6. When I open then Preferences window and subsequently close it, it closes my browser window as well. This behavior is the same if I use Command+W. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.1a2) Gecko/20060512 BonEcho/2.0a2 ...

Closing nested child windows when closing the parent window
Hi I want to close all the child window when i close the parent window. Actually the scenario is from the parent window i am opening one child window and the child window contains DataGrid. The Datagrid contails the FooterTemplate and in the FooterTemplate a button will be placed so when we click on dat button it will once again opens one more child window. Now i want to close all the child and nested child windows should be closed when i close the parent window can any one help me plz Thanks in Advance Awaiting for reply Regards Krisamigo There really is no definite way to do that ...

close tab = close window
Name: Annie Brooks Product: Firefox Summary: close tab = close window Comments: After viewing a page and wanting to return to the original cite, sometimes when I hit "close tab," it closes the window instead and I have to log on to the internet again. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b3) Gecko/20090305 Firefox/3.1b3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Web resources about - close window appliation without connection close of database - asp.net.object-datasource

Appliations - AllFacebook
Read all Appliations news

LAN Scan HD - Network Device Scanner for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get LAN Scan HD - Network Device Scanner on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Careers - 3drobotics.com
Advanced PCB Designer > If you’re looking for a challenging PCB Designer position where you’ll get to create leading technology product designs, ...

AX ADC - Application Delivery Controller
A10's AX line of high-performance Application Delivery Controllers enable customers' appliations to be highly available, accelerated and secure. ...

PaaS and Cloud Management Tools
There are a wide variety of tools on the market designed to make deploying your apps to the cloud easier. While they may sound similar, there ...

NVIDIA @ ISC 2013: CUDA 5.5 Released & More
... the deployment side of things NVIDIA is finally rolling out a static compilation option, which should simplify the distribution of CUDA appliations, ...

Verizon reportedly blocking access to Google Wallet on its Galaxy Nexus
An anonymous source says Verizon, which backs a competing NFC service, will keep Google Wallet off the Galaxy Nexus.

Acer Liquid Metal gets official
Acer has officially launched the Liquid Metal, their latest Android smartphone. Powered by an 800MHz Qualcomm MSM7230 processor, the Liquid Metal ...

A closer look at iPhone 3G S Cortex-A8 ARM and PowerVR chips
The iPhone 3G S uses a Samsung processor incorporating an ARM Cortex-A8 processor core and Imagination's PowerVR SGX graphics core to achieve ...

Price Drop: LAN Scan
... LAN Scanner available! ===See whats all connect to your favorite public WiFi network or your home network. This all-in-one information appliation ...