Can't connect to Oracle database using Oracle 10g Client in Windows 2003 Enterprise

Hi,

Our test environment is Windows 2003 enterprise with IIS and Oracle 10g client installed. I wrote a simple asp.net program to connect to a Oracle database and display the select result in a datagrid. But can't connect to Oracle. It seems .NET can't find the oracle client.
Any idea is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Joey
-1
joeyhsiao

Can't connect to Oracle using Oracle 10g Client in Windows 2003 Enterprise
Hi, My test environment is Windows 2003 Enterprise with Oracle 10g Client and IIS installed. I wrote a simple asp.net page to connect to an Oracle database and display a query result in a datagrid. But can't connect to oracle. It seems that .NET can't find an oracle client. I was wondering if I miss some steps to configure .NET framework or something. Any idea is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Joey Do you have ASPNET user account is added to the Oracle software installed folders/subfolders? If not please add and restart the box and see, that could solve your proble...

how to implement login module using Oracle 10g database (logic & Oracle 10g Queries) and how can i use membership and roles with Oracle 10g & VS 2.0
 Hi all, Can any one tell me how to implement login module using Oracle 10g database (logic & Oracle 10g Queries) and how can I use membership and roles with Oracle 10g & vs 2.0. , for implement this is it compulsory to install oracle 10g server on the same machine on which I'm implementing this task  or otherwise i can use  other system as a server (like remote login or client server)  Hi,You should have the Oracle 10g Server or Client In your machine.In Case Client is in your Machine then Server Must be somewhere,that is enough to use.I hope then we ...

can't connect to sql server database with same connection used in visual studio .net 2003
I have the following code that works fine in visual studio .net 2003 but not with VWD.  I have sql server 2000 developer edition installed locally and this connection works fine with visual studio.  With VWD it fails with the exception "System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'DARRELL\ASPNET'".  It fails on the conn.Open line.   any ideas on what the issue is?Dim conn As SqlConnectionDim connstr As Stringconnstr = "Data Source=DARRELL;Initial Catalog=Event;Integrated Security=SSPI;"Dim daEvents As New SqlDataAdapter("select * from events", connstr...

Getting Error Message "Can't load 'C:/Perl64/lib/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.dll" While Connecting to Oracle
--755704646-1080936359-1390695547=:84331 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am trying to configure an Oracle connection from Perl running on a Window= s 7 desktop to an Oracle 11g database running on Linux; however the databas= e connection step is failing.=0A=0AThe following line of perl code fails:= =0A=0A=A0 =A0use DBD::Oracle;=0A=0ABelow is the full error message:=0A=0ACa= n't load 'C:/Perl64/lib/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.dll' for module DBD::Oracle:= load_file:%1 is not a valid Win32 application at C:/Perl64/lib/D...

Error: Can't load '/cygdrive/c/Oracle/Ora81/bin/Oracle' for module DBD::Oracle...
------_=_NextPart_001_01C4BD25.2E53B509 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----_=_NextPart_002_01C4BD25.2E53B509" ------_=_NextPart_002_01C4BD25.2E53B509 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi guys, =20 Here is what's going on:=20 =20 1. I am running the latest release of CygWin on a Windows XP machine. I am not running ActiveState Perl. 2. I installed DBI and tested it. Looks like it's working fine. I typed: =20 perl -MDBI -e 0 =20 at the ...

Can't connect to Oracle via windows service .. but CAN via regular app
I have a weird problem: My app makes it possible to sychronize two databases (an Sql Server one and an Oracle one). This can be done by both an ASP.net script and a Windows Service. The ASP.NET script and the .NET windows service use the SAME code. The ASP.NET script is able to do what I want The windows service CAN connect to the SQL server but NOT to the Orace client. (See error of the event viewer below) Do I have to do something in the windows service the ASP.NET does automatically ? Does anyone know why he doesn't want to connect ?? /////ERROR: Service cannot ...

Can't connect to Oracle database
Hello, I'm having the following problem using DBI. My perl version is 5.005, and Oracle.pm version is 1.47. Can you help? Samir -----------------CGI script------------------------ use DBI; use CGI; $ENV{ORACLE_HOME}='/ford/thishost/unix/cen/oracle/v7/7.3.2'; $OracleUser = 'e01'; $OraclePassword = 'user01'; $Database = 'pt5100_pfsdb01'; $dbHandle = DBI->connect($Database,$oracleUser,$oraclePassword,'Oracle') or die "Could not login"; ------------------Server error log------------------------ [08/Jul/2002:...

Can't Connect to Oracle 9i Database
------_=_NextPart_001_01C2D2C4.06F18630 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" I've written a perl program and I'm trying to connect to a 9i database as user 'sys', which requires the 'as sysdba' clause. Using the dbi->connect method fails with everything I've passed it. What's the secret? Eddie Bradford Systems Analyst/Programmer Information Technology Services John Muir/Mt. Diablo Health System 1400 Treat Boulevard Walnut Creek, CA 94596 (925) 947-4466 x32069 eddie.bradford@jmmdhs.com ------_=_NextPart_001_01...

Problems connecting to Oracle 9i database with Oracle 10g Client and Win XP x64
Hardware/Software:Dell Precision 490 with Intel Xeon 64 bit processor running MS Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Version 2003 Service Pack 1.Visual Studio .NET 2005 Oracle 10g ClientI am trying to run my ASP.NET application from the above mentioned computer that connects to an Oracle 9i database on another machine on the network, but get the following error when using the OLEDB provider for Oracle:Oracle client and networking components were not found. These components are supplied by Oracle Corporation and are part of the Oracle Version 7.3.3 or later client software installation.Provid...

Can't connect to MySQL database using ODBC.NET
I recently downloaded and installed ODBC.NET from Microsoft Download Center site. I can reference the namespace (Microsoft.Data.Odbc) in my project and the code (C#) compiles just fine. However, at runtime, I cannot connect to the database. It keeps complaining about not being able to find the data source. The connection string is: "Driver={MySQL};SERVER=...;DATABASE=...;UID=...;PASSWORD=...;PORT=3306;OPTION=3;STMT=;" If I use MySQL ODBC driver, I have no problem whatsoever. The connection string is almost the same, only Driver={MySQL} is replaced by Driver={MySQL ODBC 3.5...

VN.Net 2003 can make data connection, can't make server connection
Hi, I am using Visual Studio .net 2003 I have 2 machines, one WinXP with VS.Net and the other, Win2K Pro with SQL Server 2000 In VS.Net I can make a data connection to the SQL Server using the computer name of the SQL Server machine, however I can't make a Server connection to the same machine. Both machines are in a private network (192.168.1.x IPs) inside a firewall, with no firewall settings on either machine. Also, I have installed NetBeui on the XP machine. When I try to connect via the ip addressesm get an error saying that the IP address is outside the local network...

Serious problems using Oracle 10g 10.2.0 Client with DBD-Oracle module loaded on Windows!
Hi: I'm not sure if this is a right place to ask this question so please forward to whom it may concern. I had installed ActiveState Perl 5.8.8 on WinXP and installed latest DBI and DBD-Oracle using their ppm3. The DBD-Oracle seemed to work fine, but see this link for exact problems I was having with Oracle Client software throwing errors and not working: http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=307903&tstart=0 DBD-Oracle installed "oraociei10.dll" version 10.1.0.4.0 and it conflicts with the newer Oracle 10.2.0 Client installation. I repla...

Can't allocate space for object '' in database 'tempdb',How can I do?
when I run system procedure,I got following messages : Can't allocate space for object '' in database 'tempdb' because the 'system'segment is full. If you ran out of space in syslogs, dump the transaction log. Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE or sp_extendsegment to increase the size of thesegment. Failed to allocate disk space for a work table in database 'mydb'. You may be able to free up space by using the DUMP TRANsaction command, or you may want to extend the size of the database by using the ALTER DATABASE command. thanks. allan wrote... > when I run system procedure,I got following messages : > > Can't allocate space for object '' in database 'tempdb' because the > 'system'segment is full. If you ran out of space in syslogs, dump the > transaction log. > Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE or sp_extendsegment to increase the size of > thesegment. > Failed to allocate disk space for a work table in database 'mydb'. You may > be able to free up space by using the DUMP TRANsaction command, or you may > want to extend the size of the database by using the ALTER DATABASE > command. > > thanks. > It sounds like your tempdb is too small or you're trying to do too much for the configured space. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Senior Consultant Sybase Professional Services Sybase TechWave 2001 http://www.sybase.com/even...

I can't use intel hardware active monitor inside windows 2003 enterprise Server
it seems always got some active monitor's driver error inside, it make me need to uninstall it, why? is win2k3 still do not support it?Parco LeeOwner + Webmaster + System Engineer + Professional ProgrammerSoftDweller Lab (a software laboratory)http://www.softdweller.comA professional laboratory for new technology softwares developing by .NET.http://www.nowlover.com Don't use it, but quick Google search: active monitor Intel Windows 2003 support These are XP related, but the problem is probably related. http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-009053.htm ...

PB 10.5.1 and Oracle 10g
I'm attempting to view an Oracle 10g database from the PowerBuilder 10.5.1 Database painter and I can't view the tables (and columns). The PowerBuilder IDE appears to connect to Oracle but when I click on the folder to expand the Tables the PB Database painter then IDE takes away the "+" so that it appears as if there are not any tables in the database. - If I attempt a SQL statement in the Database Painter: ISQL window then PB IDE crashes. - If I open a datawindow that references the database (previously created in Oracle 8, PB 7.0.3) the PB IDE crashes. ...

Can't connect to Oracle 9i when connected to DB2
Hi all, We're having a strange problem with a number of perl scripts we use to verify the synchronization of an Oracle database with a DB2 database. We're running perl 5.8.5 on HP-UX 11 (had to do our own compile; used gcc). DBI version is 1.45, DBD::Oracle is 1.16 (client version 9.2.0.5), DBD::DB2 is 0.78 (client version 7.2 (version 7 fixpack 12)). If I first do DBI->connect() to the Oracle 9i database, and then to DB2 (without retrieving data from either, but having prepared some statements), it works fine. However, if I set up the DB2 $dbh and statements first, I g...

Oracle 8i client connected to Oracle 9 database.
I have connected my Powerbuilder 9 application to a Oracle 9i database using Oracle 8i client. My Oracle home is set to 8. My Powerbuilder DB connection is using Oracle 8. Things seem to work. Why? In general, there will be compatibilty between client and server versions here; however, you'd have to check Oracle for their specific supported configurations. If you try to access anything new in Oracle 9 (like new datatypes, etc.), I expect you'll see problems that may be handled gracefully or not so gracefully. On 3 Dec 2004 13:03:31 -0800, Kurt Pager wrote: >I have co...

can't connect to oracle
oracle 9.0.1 linux RH 7.1 DBI connect('ora901','system',...) failed: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve serv ice name (DBD ERROR: OCIServerAttach) at ./db_connect.pl line 4 DB connect not made: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name (DBD ERROR: O CIServerAttach) at ./db_connect.pl line 4. thanks, Moshe yes i can -----Original Message----- From: Michael A Chase [mailto:mchase@ix.netcom.com] Sent: Sunday, January 12, 2003 5:25 PM To: 'dbi-users@perl.org'; Moshe Rivel Subject: Re: can't connect to oracle On Sun, 12 Jan 2003 16:49:40 +02...

Can't connect to oracle
Hi, I am wondering why I can't connect to oracle using native driver PBO8460.dll. When I try to create a profile I get the following errormessage: Unable to load the requested powersoft database interface. The 7.3 driver works fine. I've tried the sick trick to rename the pb08460 driver to pbo7360 but of course that wouldn't work. I have installed personal Oracle on my laptop. Everything is working fine (almost anyway). I can connect to the main database using Oracle. I can connect to the personal oracle database using Oracle, and I can connect to the personal dat...

Can't save oracle BLOB with DBI::Oracle
Hello, I am using the following code to update a BLOB field into our Oracle database: $sql = "UPDATE CMSDOCUMENT SET CONTENT=? WHERE CMSDOCUMENTID=$cmsid"; $sth = $oradbh->prepare($sql); $sth->bind_param(1, $html, {ora_type => ORA_BLOB}); $sth->execute() or die "update of topic content failed.\n"; This code works for small size saves. However, when value of $html gets large, the code just hungs. I'd appreciate any ideas. Thank you, Chris Lambrek. ""LongReadLen"" (unsigned integer, inherited) ...

No Site Administration Tool Using GoDaddy? Can't Connect To Database Using Explorer? Other Newbie Questions.
I've tried everything to connect to my SQL database on GoDaddy using Visual Web Developer, but no luck...put the connection string the have on their website.  No dice.  I searched and searched these forums and did what others have tried...no luck.  Therefore, I thought I would ask the experts here:   1.) Can I connect to my database on Godaddy using VWD? If so, how?  Here's the generic info I put in my webconfig (using my server, database name, login, password, of course): <<connectionStrings><add name="Personal" connectionString="Server=whsql-v04.prod...

Help me pls. i wan't code for startup and shutdown oracle database with vb.net or c#.net
Help me pls. i wan't code for startup and shutdown oracle database with vb.net or c#.net In Windows, it would be easier to interact with Oracle by way of the service...  (I've not tried it myself, but this should work fine for a service installed on the same machine as the .net application:using System.ServiceProcess; ServiceController controller = new ServiceController(); controller.MachineName = "."; controller.ServiceName = "OracleServiceORCL"; string status = controller.Status.ToString(); // Stop the service controller.Stop(); // Start the ...

Web resources about - Can't connect to Oracle database using Oracle 10g Client in Windows 2003 Enterprise - asp.net.object-datasource

Enterprise Apps Today - CRM, business intelligence and ERP news and research
News and research on CRM, business intelligence, ERP, supply chain management and other enterprise applications.

The Enterprise, MA News - Brockton, MA - The Enterprise
Was Keith Luke insane when he went on a rampage in Brockton on Jan. 21, 2009, killing two people and wounding another? Catch up on what people ...

VoIP Business, VoIP Technology, VoIP Security - Fierce Enterprise Communications
Visit FierceVoIP for the latest updates in VoIP business, unified communications, VoIP technology, mobile VoIP, VoIP security and more VoIP news. ...

HP Enterprise Services - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
HP Enterprise Services is the global business and technology services division of Hewlett Packard 's HP Enterprise Business strategic business ...

BlueScope tips $50m profit boost after job cuts, new Port Kembla enterprise agreement
Worker concessions and 500 job cuts at BlueScope's Port Kembla steelworks have underpinned a massive $50 million lift in the steelmaker's half-year ...

C-RAN shrinks and finds its sweet spot in the enterprise
At last year’s Mobile World Congress, there were some interesting demonstrations of Cloud-RAN, from the groundbreakers like China Mobile and ...

Cisco’s CFO: Macro Has Enterprise ‘Spooked’
Cisco CEO Chuck Robbins, photo courtesy of Cisco. Following a fiscal Q2 report by Cisco Systems (CSCO) that topped expectations, an in-line forecast ...

Rampant waste: the hidden cost of enterprise software
A new Flexera Software report reveals that most organizations are unnecessarily wasting significant portions of their enterprise software budget. ...

HP Enterprise CEO Meg Whitman got a $2.5 million pay cut last year
HP Enterprise CEO Meg Whitman was paid $17.1 million in total compensation last year, down $2.5 million, or 13% from the previous year, according ...

Artificial intelligence in the enterprise: It’s on
... in the technological permafrost, it's springtime again in the field of artificial intelligence. A.I. is poised to take off in 2016 as enterprises ...