BC30002: Type 'Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection' is not defined

Could someone please help me in tracing the error,  "BC30002: Type 'Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection' is not

defined".
I added the reference too,but still getting the same error
Am using windows 2003, IIS 6.0
My Code:
<%@ Page Language="VB" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="System.Data"%>
<%@ import Namespace="Oracle.DataAccess.Client" %>
<%@ import Namespace="Oracle.DataAccess.types" %>
<script runat="server">
Private Sub Page_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs)
' Insert page code here
Dim con As Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection = Nothing

con = New Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection

con.ConnectionString = "User
Id=scott;Password=tiger;Data Source=mysite"

con.Open()

response.write ("Success")

End sub
</script>
<head>
</head>
<form runat="server">
<!-- Insert content here -->
</form>
0
pravalika

BC30002: Type 'Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection' is not defined.
Could someone assist me in tracing the error : BC30002: Type 'Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection' is not defined. I add the reference also but still getting the same error. Am using Windows 2003, IIS 6.0 My code is : <%@ Page Language="VB" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data"%> <%@ import Namespace="Oracle.DataAccess.Client" %> <%@ import Namespace="Oracle.DataAccess.types" %> <script runat="server"> Private Sub Page_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) ' Insert page ...

The type initializer for 'Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection' threw an exception
I have a VB .Net 2.0 web application which accesses oracle 8i database, the database was upgraded to 9i later on. The application worked fine just before the upgrade was made, but after the upgrade the application gives the following error. The type initializer for 'Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection' threw an exception. I did a few searches in the oracle forums and downloaded and installed the Oracle Data Provider for .NET  version 9.2.0.4 form orcale website but the application still throws out the above exception. following is the stack trace of the application...

Unable to cast object of type 'TYPE' to type 'TYPE'.
I've got a custom class and collection...I want to use them to databind a Grid, and persist the state using a Session variable.  However I keep getting the above error **Sometimes...There will be times when it works fine, and times when it totally craps out.System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'ApprovalCycleCollection' to type 'ApprovalCycleCollection'. This should work fine, no?  I want a property to use in all my foreach loops   public ApprovalCycleCollection NewApprovalCycle { get { if (Se...

Operator '=' is not defined for type 'Char' and type 'Boolean'.
Hello, In my application when i click the button i'm getting this " Operator '=' is not defined for type 'Char' and type 'Boolean'. " But when i test it locally there is no problem at all!!!! Please tell me why this error is occuring...Thanks SwapnaPlease click "mark as answer" if this post helped you. swapnasamsonvarkey: Hello, In my application when i click the button i'm getting this " Operator '=' is not defined for type 'Char' and type 'Boolean'. " But when i test it lo...

Operator '*' is not defined for type 'DBNull' and type 'Decimal'.
 I am getting an error from the following line   <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text='<%# String.Format("{0:C}", Eval("ProductQty") * Eval("Price"))   %>' ></asp:Label> I think I may need to convert/define the Variables but not quite sure how to do it. Any help would be great. it's not a matter of converting...its the fact that the value from the DB is Null... You'll have to wrap an IF check around it or change your query to return 0 instead of Null. If the field ...

error: Object of type 'Object' cannot be converted to type 'Array'.
I'm getting the error listed in the subject of this post that is occurring due to a a conflict between Mootools and the .NET-generated JS when using AJAX as described in the following link: http://dev.mootools.net/ticket/553 To get a detailed view of the error, open the following page in Firefox and use Firebug to see the error details.  IE will just show the error icon at the bottom left of the window and it doesn't give much detail about the error.http://www.compasslearning.com/customersite/icg/checklist.aspx?list=1 The collision is occurring on line 5762 of the "Script...

Operator '>' is not defined for type 'DBNull' and type 'Integer'.
this is my code I don't get why I'm getting this error SubModel is a number :   Example : 823 If Ds.Tables(0).Rows(0).Item("SubModel") > 0 Then Dim crst As New DataSet SqlStr = "SELECT SubModelName FROM SubModel,AcesData WHERE AcesData.SubModel = SubModel.SubModelID and (SubModelID = ?)" Dim da2 As New Data.OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter(SqlStr, conn) da2.SelectCommand.Parameters.Add("?", Data.OleDb.OleDbType.VarChar).Value = Ds.Tables(0).Rows(0).Item("SubModel")...

Update error , "Unable to cast object of type 'System.DBNull' to type 'System.String'" , using DataSet as a datasource
Hi All, The following sample code is for testing dw.UpdateData using dataset as the data source. The data retrieval and display part under Form1_Load works fine. However, inputting some values in a new row and calling dw.UpdateData causes the following error: "Unable to cast object of type 'System.DBNull' to type 'System.String'" The error seems to occur when a datawindow column value has been changed from null value. Does anyone know how to fix the error ? Thank you for your advice. I use DW2.5 (build 8542), VS2005 pro, MS SQL Express. ...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Object[]' to type 'System.Data.DataView'.
I am tring to retieve a single node from my BLL code which retrieve one instane of Repot object:DataView dv = (DataView)objBoutPrep.Select();I am getting error:Unable to cast object of type 'System.Object[]' to type 'System.Data.DataView'. The BLL code returns onle one object and not a list of objects.Please help Client code: <asp:ObjectDataSource ID="objBoutPrep" runat="server" SelectMethod="GetRByID" UpdateMethod="UpdateT" TypeName="MB.K.BLL.G.Report"> <SelectParameters> <asp:Query...

BC30002: Type 'System.Net.Mail.MailMessage' is not defined
<%@ Page Language="VB" Debug="true"%><%@ Import Namespace = "system.data" %><%@ Import Namespace="system.web.mail" %><%@ Import Namespace="system.Net.mail" %> Dim msg As New System.Net.Mail.MailMessage        Dim smtp As New System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient                With msg            .From = New System.Net.Mail.MailAddress("from address")  ...

Operator '==' incompatible with operand types 'Int64' and 'Object'
I have the typical gridview control driving a formview control.  Both use LinqDataSources.  I'm using the table's ID field, DelID to find the record to be displayed by the FormView when a record is selected from the GridView.  This gives me the above error.  Why, and how do I fix this?Diane Check the type of the operands you are trying to compare.You will have to cast on your operands. something like intvariable == (int)objectvariable; or if(((object)intvariable).Equals(objectvariable))*** If this post helps you, then Mark this post as Answer *** I'm ...

Error Number 23 , cannot Assign Object of Type 'X' to Variable of type 'X', Inherited object
Hi!, i am having a Problem, with powerbuilder , When I am trying to inherit an object and place on my tabpage, It give an error on runtime, saying, Error Number 23, Cannot assign object of type ddlb_1 to variable of type ddld_1 create script line number 5 Please can you help me with this, Thanx, Regenerate. Regenerate. <Jimmy> wrote in message news:14BE37B5F96EDA61007279FA85256AB1.00727A0885256AB1@webforums... > Hi!, > i am having a Problem, with powerbuilder , > > When I am trying to inherit an object and place on my tabpage, > It give a...

Cannot convert type 'type' to 'type'

Web resources about - BC30002: Type 'Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection' is not defined - asp.net.object-datasource