ADO.NET VS ADO

Hi

I am having ADO.NET course these days. I asked the instructor that developing online system like airline reservation system needs to a connected environment to lock/Unlock the table when u read/write to it Can that be acomplished using ado.net.
His answer was no
ADO.NET is only for disconnected environment and it will not work with online system and i still should use the old ADO. ADO.NET is not a replacment for ADO and both will continue in paralell.
IS his answer true that ADO.NET will not replace ADO and both will continue
Regards
0
itismesa

McMurdoStation
1/4/2004 3:18:13 PM
Well ADO.NET is part of .Net framework. So if you use .Net then using aDO.NET is better.

If any one use ASP, then you can use ADO in that!
Well ADO.NET replaces ADO? The answer is, when ASP goes away at that time ADO also will go away. The other answer is, when ever every one starts use .NET, at that time you won't see ADO.
Could this answer is helpful to you?
Sreedhar
http://www.w3coder.org
weblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti
0
sreedhark

ADO in VB6 vs ADO.NET in VB.NET
I am writing a database interface and I would like to know whether a VB6 interface using ADO or a VB.NET interface using ADO.NET would be faster in terms of just performing database operations. Is there an explanation for this, and what is the magnitude of the difference? Thanks in advance!...

Does .NET map calls for ADO to ADO.NET?
Hello,We are trying to troubleshoot some DB problems from COM objects that call ADO. I heard that when ADO is loaded inside of a COM object by a .NET app, that .NET intercepts the call and re-maps those calls over to ADO.NET. This seems untrue to me, given the nature of ADO.NET being a totally separate technology.Does anyone know for sure whether this does or does not occur?The problem we are seeing is actually almost identical in symptoms to this:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/230101"FIX: Data Queries Sporadically Return Empty Recordsets" Literally, this is what...

ADO not ADO.NET
Hi, I have to connect to a db using adodb (which i select from the references). I have to retrieve the car models from the database and bind them to a listbox. I am not sure how to proceed and I can't find any articles on ADO with .net and data binding. Here is the code that i tried but it only retrieves the car model for the specified id. If I delete the id it doesn't work. Also it writes the car model in the listbox vertically such as: B M W CODE: Imports System.Data Imports ADODB Imports System.Data.OleDb Public Class listboxADO Inherits System.Web.UI...

ADO to ADO.NET
I'm an ASP programmer (VBScript) moving on to ASP.NET. So far I'm using:Microsoft Visual Studio 2003ASP.NET with C#I'm working on converting my code over to C#, from VBScript. Now, here is my code in VBScript (modified to better understand it, this is a edited ugly version):Function ExecuteSQL(sqlStatement)    ConnDriver = "Provider=SQLOLEDB; Data Source = " & dbIP & "; Initial Catalog = " & dbName & "; User Id = " & dbUser & "; Password=" & dbPassword     Set connTemp = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")    c...

ADO vs ADO.NET (Part #1)
Hey,For some reason I am having trouble figuring out how to do things using ADO.NET. I will write out sample code to perform a simple operation and if someone is so kind would you give me the .NET equivilent. I have a few books but they are not doing a very good job of teaching me and each book uses its own method.... I loved how simple ADO was.. sucks they had to go and change every detail of it for .NET (although I do like the fact there is not a persistant database connection)Classic ASP ADO CodeTake into consideration that strCon already has the connection string definedDim adoConDim ado...

ADO.Net technology vs DW.net technology
Hi! We are starting a new development cycle in .Net and we are currently working on the standards we should use in our development. We are studying the possibility to use the Datawindow.Net. My question is: is it a good idea to use the Datawindow all over our new apps? What are the pros and cons of using DW.Net instead of the datasets and databinding in ADO.net? We have been using PowerBuilder since 1996 and use the Datawindow a lot. We now use PB8 and will probably migrate to PB10 or 11 next year. First, some background: We will build our new architecture around business cla...

ADO.NET Visual Studio 2005 Install Help!, ADO.NET Missing
 Hi everyoneI have a real annoying problem, I have installed Visual Studio 2005 with C#,C++,Web Applications.. Before I installed VS2005 I made sure I had all the .Net Download from 1.1 to 3.5 with the Service Packs, I also Installed a VS2005 Patch that was around 430mb. I have tried this on 3 computers, two of XP and 1 vista.I need ADO.NET Functionality, When I choose to create a Web Application in C#, I require the ADO.NET Entity Data Model as it will allow for a graphical interaction with a SQL db. However When I Choose Add New Item in Solution explorer there is no ENtity Mode...

Innovation to ADO.NET
Matisse Software Inc. provides its native ADO.NET Data provider for Matisse 6.0, the Database for .NET. Matisse Software has pushed the envelope of Microsoft ADO.NET architecture and extended it into a powerful Object Access Services component for .NET. Matisse’s extension of ADO.NET demonstrates that ADO.NET can evolve beyond the Microsoft architecture to benefit .NET developers. Unlike the standard ADO.NET data provider, which returns data in a table format to integrate seamlessly with relational products, Matisse has extended the ADO.NET architecture to return data in an object format....

problems with connections to access via ADO.NET in VS.NET
For anyone familiar with this book, I am having trouble with some code in Chris Payne's "SAMS Teach Yourself ASP.NET in 21 Days", which calls for me to use ADO.NET to connect to an Access database I had to create for the "In Review" project after the second week. The code goes like this (within the first subroutine): dim Conn as new OleDbConnection("Provider= Microsoft.Jet.4.0; Data Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\TYASPNET\banking.mdb") Now I've tried this, along with setting up a connection through the server explorer in Visual Studio.NET. When I go to run the page, I...

Opinions about ADO and ADO.NET
Hi everyone again!!! I´m used to develope applications with ADO, but now with .NET to develope a Web Application and a Mobile Web Application, I don't know if I have to use ADO.NET or continue using ADO. What Disadvantages has ADO to built Mobile Applications? In ADO I use ACCESS to create the .mdb files, Can I use .mdb files with ADO.NET? Thanks for all!! Go to ADO.NET NOW ! don't be late and you can use access in ado.net ADO.NET VB.NET/C#/ASP.NET/Oracle Designer 6i DotNet4Arab.com Building a custom web control(vb.net) Well, Thanks for your opinion, but I have...

ADO to ADO.NET help
Hi, I am converting application ASP to ASP.NET.What is the equivalent code in ADO.NET. For each F in RS.Fields FieldName = F.Name Next Thanks, Nate If it is forward only, then you can use datareader for more info on this, check below link Datareader on MSDN Hope it helps!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti...

Converting ADO to ADO.NET
Hi, I am trying to convert this code from ADO to ADO.NET I am very new to ADO.NET and am a bit confused on how I would convert this. Basically what I am trying to do is capture the name of the fields of a table to populate a dropdownlistbox. The table name will change every time the program is run. This is not a problem and I can code for that. Here is what I have in ADO (I have tried the wizard but it did not change the code) Dim tblFields As Object Dim myRst As New ADODB.Recordset Dim myField As ADODB.Field Dim myCnn As New ADODB.C...

ado.net or/and datawindow.net
Hi, Can datawindow.net work with Sybase's ado.net or are they not compatible with each other. We have two separate groups of developers, one group develops web apps using ASE as the back end for the data, so they use a combination of Visual Studio ..NET and Sybase's ado.net to do their work. We have another group that develops client/server apps using Powerbuilder, but since 80% of their work is in writting reports using Powerbuilder, I was wondering if they could use a combination of datawindow.net and ado.net to put make these reports available on the web through ...

Web resources about - ADO.NET VS ADO - asp.net.object-datasource

ADO Den Haag - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
[ˈɑ.ləs doːr ˈu.fə.nɪŋ dɛn ˈɦaːχ] ), commonly known by the abbreviated name ADO Den Haag [ˈaː.do dɛn ˈɦaːχ] , is a Dutch football club from the ...

David Tennant and Catherine Tate star in Much Ado About Nothing - Available now from Digital Theatre ...
Watch online or download the full show to your desktop now at http://www.digitaltheatre.com. David Tennant and Catherine Tate appear together ...

Joss Whedon Much Ado About Nothing Twitter
Joss Whedon delivers a Shakespearean trailer, Twitter joy and cannibalism all in one day

Much Ado About Nothing
... modern-day reading of Shakespeare's romantic comedy, filmed in his own home with a cast comprised of alumni from his TV shows. Rate Much Ado ...

Canberra Repertory Society gives Much Ado about Nothing a 1920s twist
Shakespeare's reworked comedy transcends the ages with ease.

CBC Digital Archives - Much Ado About Christmas: Toys, Traditions & Fun - Lighthouse Santa
Relive Canada's history through CBC Radio and Television. This free site features thousands of radio and television clips from the archives of ...

Much Ado About Dacheng Dentons
Dentons’ loosely affiliated verein style likely played a large role in capturing the largest Chinese law firm.

Much Ado About...
Kerfuffle: A social imbroglio or brouhaha.

Much Ado About Smart Tags
Microsoft's proprietary Smart Tags: Boon or bane? Kaminski digs deep beneath the hype and paranoia in an extensive assessment of what Microsoft ...

A Guantanamo Tour: 'Much Ado About Nothing'?
In vivid detail, Jason Leopold describes daily life for both the detainees and guards at the facility.