ADO.NET table fields pass to a VB.NET variable

Hi, please help, have a ADO.NET code.

1            Dim conn As New Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection
2            Dim sql As New Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand
3
4            conn = New Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection("Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Password=dbsystematics;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Initial Catalog=SARS;Data Source=4G")
5            conn.Open()
6            sql = New Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand("select * from users", conn)

Then i would like to pass the values that the above ADO.NET to a variable.how?

please help.

JFRBPH12™
0
johnjalani

You can execute the command and get a Dataset back and assign the dataset to a local variable:

 in your example:

sql.ExecuteDataSet

MCSD | .NET Architect | EAI Consultant
0
maggarwal
11/10/2008 5:33:51 AM

 Hi, Thanks for the reply,

 but i can't  see the

maggarwal:
sql.ExecuteDataSet
in the intelisense??

base on the code i show above, after the line 6, do i have to add a new code?? what it is??

thanks

JFRBPH12™
0
johnjalani

ADO in VB6 vs ADO.NET in VB.NET
I am writing a database interface and I would like to know whether a VB6 interface using ADO or a VB.NET interface using ADO.NET would be faster in terms of just performing database operations. Is there an explanation for this, and what is the magnitude of the difference? Thanks in advance!...

can not add a record to a db table using the vb.net and ado.net
Hi   I am trying to insert record to Pups Database using ado.net and vb.net in a windows application. This form will collect data from user to insert it into stores table at Pubs database (storeID, name, address etc..). I am not able to get the new inserted record into the stores table here is my coude behind for the formImports System.Data.SqlClient  Public Class ParametersExample Inherits System.Windows.Forms.FormDim con As SqlConnection  Private Sub addBttn_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles addBttn.Click Dim cmd As SqlCommand = ...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

Insert datetime, using ADO.net VB.net
Hello there,I got a little code there are inserting a record into my msSQL database..But i cant insert the datetime, for one reason?The problem is in line 7 () where i want to insert DateTime.Now 1 Protected Sub SendPmTilAfviste(ByVal modtager As String, ByVal festID As String) 2 ' Connection 3 Dim conn As SqlConnection = New SqlConnection("Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\ASPNETDB.MDF;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True") 4 conn.Open() 5 6 ' SQL-kommandoen 7 Dim cm...

About VB.net And VC.net
I am always Programming With VB.net Recently My Teacher ask us to learn Vc or VC.net. I try to learn it and compare it with vb.net, I found it's much too complex than vb. However it is said vc is strongger than vb I want to know Why vc is strongger than vb? and is it hard too learn vc? I am new to asp.net Thanks for man who want to help me! Wuhan, Hubei, China Below links could give some info http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q308470Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti VisualC is not a language in an of itself...

Does .NET map calls for ADO to ADO.NET?
Hello,We are trying to troubleshoot some DB problems from COM objects that call ADO. I heard that when ADO is loaded inside of a COM object by a .NET app, that .NET intercepts the call and re-maps those calls over to ADO.NET. This seems untrue to me, given the nature of ADO.NET being a totally separate technology.Does anyone know for sure whether this does or does not occur?The problem we are seeing is actually almost identical in symptoms to this:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/230101"FIX: Data Queries Sporadically Return Empty Recordsets" Literally, this is what...

C#.NET or VB.NET

VB.Net To C#.Net

vb .net or c# .net

Web resources about - ADO.NET table fields pass to a VB.NET variable - asp.net.object-datasource

Staley: 'A lot of different variables...been a hard year'
... 41° Navigation Home Giants A's Sharks Warriors Kings 49ers Raiders Quakes Insiders More Tickets Shop Watch Staley: 'A lot of different variables...been ...