adding data to a table from a web form

I am tryint to pull information from a table to a webpage, that works fine. I am then trying to combine that inormation with the IP address, login name, store location of the person logged in at the time, that works fine. I have all of this populating a set of text boxes because I could not find any other way to do anything with it, that works fine.

 Now, I need to write this information (from the set of Text Boxes) into a different table in the same database. The only examples of writing to a db I have found revolves around Updating or adding new. I can already get the information I need onto an 'approval' screen, but I need to take that information and add it to my 'logTable' without the user being able to edit the information. This is tracking process so I see a user access certain info from a db from a certain location with a certain user id and ip address. That all gets thrown onto a web form with no problems now I need to log all this information in a different table.

I figure I need to write a function for a button click event, but I don't know how.

 Any help is appreciated.

0
hanleycp

How to move a row in a data table object to the top of the table? The data table is in a data set. The data is bound to a drop down list box.
I am maintaining some 2003 C#/asp.net code for a web application. In the application a table in a data set is usedto populate a drop down list box.(The drop down list box will display a list of names) Before the data set table is bound to the list box control, blank characters are inserted at the topof the data set table. The purpose of this, is to display a blank line in the drop down list box, when the list box isinitially displayed. This code works fine. (See lines 1-14 below). Now I have been asked to modify the source code so that instead of a blank line being inserted at to top of th...

Creating a Web Form with a multiple data tables in Visual Web Developer 2005
I just realized that I have posted this question in one of the other forums and I think it belongs in this one.I am trying to create a form where users can enter new Title information, the title header information is being stored in a table called Books. In addition to the information stored in Books I have another table called Subjects the Subjects table has the BookID in it as a foreign key, each book can have multiple subjects. Tables Books - BookID (varchar50) Primary Key - Title (varchar50) Subjects - iSubjectID (int) Primary Key auto-increment - BookID (varc...

C#.NET WEB APPLICATION

error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" when adding a new web form
hiya, i get the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" when adding a new web form to a web site this is what i am doing i launch vs 2005 beta 2 i create a new web site on the solutions explorer, i right click on the site and select "add new item" i select "web form" on the dialog box, and click "add" and that's when i get the error any ideas? f...

Adding Rows from different Data table to a single Data Table
Hi, I have 3 data tables say dt1, dt2, dt3. None of the tables have any relation with each other. Now i my requirement is to merge all these 3 datatables into 1.  But, i dont want it into different rows. Means to say, record from 1st, 2nd and 3rd table shud be merged as a single row in resultant datatable. Below example explains better Table 1 : 123 abc 890 Table 2 : rew 234 Table 3: sdfsd 234 dfg 45645 Now Resultant table shud be :  123 abc 890 rew 234 sdfsd 234 dfg 45645 Any help is appreciated :) Thanks in advance   If you keep your feet firmly on ...

Submitting data from a know web form to unknown web form
hi i m making a software in which i will submitt some data from a web page that will go to a web form of which contrlos are unknown to me only i know the name and how many controls in that form it means i can see the form only. how can i do this please help me soon with code plz its very argent.i m doin this wit the help of foxtrot.xray.WebRobot but its giving me error that this dll file is already exists in The file ('C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\_foxtrot.xray.WebRobot.dll' already exists).i don know what will do so please help me soon please thanks praveen We ca...

Web Form holding an object with data
I am working on a web form which makes changes to any xml data. The xml data is handled in and out of the web form using a class object. Since this tool being a web form any number of users can access the form simultaneously. Suppose, if a user changes the xml data when another user is working on it, then the xml data the other user has is stale. My question here is that I want to save the initial xml data in that particular web form so that when there is a change, I can get the new xml data and compare it with the old one and if there is a change in data I can let the users know about it....

Web form filtering data from a table
 I have a table that contains changes to different other tables.  I didn't make this table, I just need to get information from it.  There is about 17,799,837 rows in it.  I want to create a form that they fill out, say the item number, and it will display all of the changes, but i don't want the table to load its information unless the form is filled out.  What is the best way to do this?VB.NET 2.0, MS SQL 2002. Thanks. There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't In a nutshell, you would ne...

Web Form Table Object Usage
Hi there, does anyone know why the table object does not maintain its state between postbacks? If you build the table dynamically in your code and perform a postback, you have to redraw the table each time. Also, how do enter blank items into a table? If you try to create a new cells with blank text, you end up with your table having lots of missing cells which looks really crap. The table was not designed to carry state, exactly why it does not would be a design question for MS. I beleive this is no different than creating an html table with no data in the cell(s)M...

synchronizing chunk of data of one web form for another web form
I'm making a web application. In one web form; i'm taking inputs from user. Now; there is some info given by user in this page which is needed for web form which is going to be displayed next. i want to display that info automatically on that web form so that user doesn't have to re-input that info in this next web form. Info from first page would be inserted into database when user clicks on the submit button. then that next web form would be displayed. and the chunk of info from previous page should be displayed there!!! how can i do this?? cany anybody help?? nobody can help me!! I...

Treeviewitem object data property in web form
Hi, I use treeview control in window and deploy as web form, using treeviewitem data property as datawindow retrieve argument. Assume there are 3 items in treeviw something like this: item 1: label=aaa, data=1 item 2: label=bbb, data=2 item 3: label=ccc, data=3 When I click item 1 first time, I get correct result in datawindow, then I click item 2 first time, also currect, and so on, but when click back to item 1, datawindow retrieves no data, and other item also not correct. I check treeviewitem its data property only "first time" can get correct, but its label proper...

Web Forms Table
Hi, Does anyone know if or how it's possible to add static text and elements to a Web Forms Table (System.Web.UI.WebControls.Table) at design time? I can drag components directly into a regular HTML table but not a web forms Table. I've tried everything. Seems like such a simple thing to want to do! Thanks robby have you tried typing the html in directly ?Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ Hello, could you please post the error that is being given to you ? Make sure that in the IIS y...

VS.NET Web Data Form Wizard
New to asp.net and using the Web Data Form Wizard. Cannot get the datagrid sort or paging functions to work. Do I need to add code for this manually? When selected both options just reload the main page. Thanks, SCott Check out the following two MSDN articles: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vbcon/html/vbconintroductiontodatagridwebcontrol.asp and http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vbcon/html/vbtskaddingsortingtodatagridwebcontrol.asp bill "This posting is provided "AS IS" wi...

Inserting web form data to multiple relational tables
Hi,  I have a web form which sends the data into an Access database. Half the data goes into the customer_details table and other half into the booking_details. There is a relation between these tables where the customer_id from the customer_details table is in the booking_details table. The customers data is inserted fine however the booking details do not update. I think there is a problem with the sql_insert2 statement (inserting data into booking_details table). I would appreciate any help but bare in mind I am not an ASP expert so please go easy on me. The code is below:  &...

Hi help needed in Adding data in web form
hi i am faceing problem in creating purchase order in my web aplication i am usionf MS sql as database and asp.net with vb.net for coding language. in my po form multiple insertion on a form, like po general information po detail which was enter in data grid insert from a button and po shipment schedule with was insert from a button page is working properly i face only one problem when user press refresh button after insertion it was enter a new record if user press refresh button 10 times the page will add 10 records i am working on this problem last ten days ...

Process of creating a web form to insert data into table
Hi, I am new to VS and .NET in general and need some guidance on the easiest way to create a web form for users to fill out; this form will insert a new record into three tables.   I have a book and have been online but am still a little confused. This is what I have done so far:  Created a new web application Created datasets and tableadapters for all three of my tables Created a web form page Inserted a formview using the data for the first table Here's where I get stuck.  Am I supposed to switch the template to InsertItemTemplate and make ...

insert data into two tables from web form help
Hi I have a web form page. I need to insert data into "general_info" table 1 and "detail_info" table 2. I know how to inset it into two table no problem. But, I am working on try...catch... try to catch exception in case some happen. 1. if insert table 1 fail, do not insert table 2. this on is ok. 2. but, if insert table 1 success, insert table 2 fail. How do I handle it, since info already insert into table 1. Delete it from table 1? 3. if I need to delete it from table 1, I need to get MaxID from table, but, If I cannot get MaxID. How do I delete it. ...

Entering data in old aspx form only after saving data in new web form opened in new window
Dear all, i am facing a problem. please solve it. i have created two .aspx pages, say, page1.aspx and page2.aspx. with the help of client-side javascript i am opening page2.aspx from page1.aspx in a new window. So, page1.aspx and page2.aspx remains open at the same time. what i want is, i don't want the user to able to activate or enter data in page1.aspx without saving data in page2.aspx. regards subhajit use window.showModalDialog() instead of window.open() when the child window is closed, in this case, program execution continues on the next line after the showModalDialog...

Problem Adding a Connection Object to Web page in VB.NET
I'm creating VB.NET Web applications on a remote Web Server trying to access an SQL Server database on the same box as the Web Server. I created the database on the server using the upsizing wizard of Access. I can create a connection, and access the database using a Web page when I use my account name and password. I'm now trying to do the same thing using a student account name and password. I created the student accounts on the server using active directory. The students can create web pages on the server. I have Visual Studio Open and Server Explorer visible. I right-click on Da...

query data from data table object
Hi, Is there any way to query data from datatabel object like this: "select distinct columnName"? i have a method which return datatable from excel sheet, i want to manpulate the inoforrmation before i save them to the database i know i can use the select method for a datatbale, but it seems that it just play the role of the 'Where' condition any help please Thanks   ,  HiYes, there is way to get select distinct columns from DataTable using Helper Class in Visual C# .NET. The following article will shed some light on this http://support.micros...

Dynamic Web Forms, save data like aspnet_profile table
Hi, My needs are like follow. Im building a web intranet and need to create many web forms for diffirent all business unit of the company. But, since i will have many web forms (each web forms will have diffirent fields) to create and to save each controls values. I was thinking if i could use the same approach as the aspnet_Profile table. One column to save the "Param_Name" and the second column to save the "Param_Value" with the form name in a third column. One forms for one row in the table Like so, i will be able to create as many support requ...

Adding a dynamic amount of data to a web form/SQL Sever
Yao,I'm trying to set up a page for data (clothing) entry.I have set one up for the ItemNumber, ItemTitle, etc.I now need a second form for sizing/pricing.All items have an item number, though they'll have different sizing/pricing guides.Example:8885:  S-XL @ 20.50   XXX @ 24.60    XXXL @ 24.60630FW:  6 - 18 @ 33.45      20 - 24 @ 40.15What options do I have for entering this information, since some items will have more or less size scales than others?--Kyle Johnson...

populating web form objects when using Visual Studio.NET
What is the best way of creating datasets for asp.net pages and populating web form objects. I have always created datasets within a sub routine and then populated my web form controls from that dataset. I was given some code that the pages were created in visual studio. I know the page gets its data from a stored procedure. What I can't find is code that calls that stored procedure and also populates the web form objects. Most of my asp.net development has been done on the asp.net page and not in Visual Studio. So if someone could tell me what to look for that would be great. Well, t...

Web resources about - adding data to a table from a web form - asp.net.object-datasource

File:Old adding machine.JPG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License , Version 1.2 or ...

Ultraviolet Continues To Press Case For Adding Women To Facebook’s Board
Women’s group Ultraviolet continued to press its case for Facebook to add women to its board of directors , releasing a new video stating its ...

Adding Tor support on Android
Since then, a sizeable community of people has grown to use this feature and help us make it more efficient and reliable. We commonly receive ...

Adding Social Context to your content
Using the Facebook Social Context API. The Social Context API lets you discover social connections about objects, people and places.

WordPress Challenges the Facebook Comments Box by Adding Facebook, Twitter Logins to its Comments Widget ...
WordPress just announced that it has added WordPress.com, Twitter and Facebook login options to its own comments widget. Users can also be logged ...

CSS3 : What is the best method for adding 2x images to webpages that will be displayed on the new iPad ...
Answer (1 of 14): WebKit deals in logical pixels and a device pixel ratio to render stuff. It knows nothing about the physical pixels of the ...

Math Dots(Dinosaur):: Connect To The Dot Puzzle / Kids Flashcard Drills for Adding & Subtracting on the ...
Get Math Dots(Dinosaur):: Connect To The Dot Puzzle / Kids Flashcard Drills for Adding & Subtracting on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, ...

Adding weight - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Army Spc. David Helton, Company A, 2nd Battalion, 87th Infantry Regiment, puts more weight on the barbell at Combat Outpost Apache in Wardak ...

Senator Obama calls Bush "unpatriotic" for adding trillions to debt www.RightFace.us - YouTube
http://www.RightFace.us In a purely ironic twist then Senator Obama calls President Bush "unpatriotic" for adding trillions to debt. bush added ...

Salim Mehajer suspended for voting without disclosure, adding $1m to property's value
Sydney's most colourful deputy mayor has been blasted for his "hubris" and suspended from civic office for four months.