accessing a table fields

Dear all,
I have a seperate table and i want to show the fields of another table in this new table.
Is there any hint to do it.
thanks
0
alotaibi

Access to a field from my Access DataSource in my DetailsView
I am creating an Audit Trail of changes made to my table using a DetailsView RowUpadated event. This field,  CustomerName, in the table is not being updated so I can not grab the data from my  DictionaryEntry  old or new values statements as I am doing for my audit trail. However, it is in my select statement for the DetailsView from my AccessDataSource. I can’t seem to find a reference where I can get the value of a field from my AccessDataSource. How can I reference it ?  Thx.           <asp:DetailsView ID="DetailsView1" ...

accessing linked Access table from .net
We have an access database with a linked table to MYOB through ODBC. The MYOB table appears in access with a green dot indicating it's a linked table. In Access it all works fine. When we try to get at it through .net, it brings up DB_SEC_E_AUTH_FAILED(0x80040E4D) which as far as I can see indicates authentication failed. Any idea what is required to be able to use it from.Net? You might try this stepp0, put in admin for the username and leave the password blank (unless you specified other) Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Components\Databases\Db.m...

Can ADO.Net query/update a MS Access database that contains table and fields that contain blank spaces and characters such as "#" in their names?????
I've recently been assigned an asp.net/MS Access project. My code works fine; however, there are table and fields in the Access database that contain blank spaces and characters such as "#" in their names. For example there is a table named "Purchase Orders" and in this table there are a few column fields with names such as "PO#" and “Customer PO#". My question: Is there some sort of wrapping method that I need to implement to allow my ADO.net objects (particularly the "OleDbDataAdapter" and the "DataRow") to accept these naming...

Create access table using sql table field
 hi friends , i need create mdb file with table and data , the data will come from sql server 2005 table , for example i have table employee table contain some fields like name mobile number and others ,, now i  need to create access mdb file with table and data , data is mobile numbers of employee(just only one field) ,  i m using ASP.net C# 2.0, plz help me yarTHANKS FOR ADVANCE     Hello Raghavendra,                          &nbs...

ADO.NET table fields pass to a VB.NET variable
Hi, please help, have a ADO.NET code. 1 Dim conn As New Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection 2 Dim sql As New Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand 3 4 conn = New Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection("Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Password=dbsystematics;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Initial Catalog=SARS;Data Source=4G") 5 conn.Open() 6 sql = New Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand("select * from users", conn)   Then i would like to pass the values that the above ADO.NET to a variable.how?please help. JFRBPH12™ You can execute the ...

Innovation to ADO.NET
Matisse Software Inc. provides its native ADO.NET Data provider for Matisse 6.0, the Database for .NET. Matisse Software has pushed the envelope of Microsoft ADO.NET architecture and extended it into a powerful Object Access Services component for .NET. Matisse’s extension of ADO.NET demonstrates that ADO.NET can evolve beyond the Microsoft architecture to benefit .NET developers. Unlike the standard ADO.NET data provider, which returns data in a table format to integrate seamlessly with relational products, Matisse has extended the ADO.NET architecture to return data in an object format....

Access to fields in a table
I am trying to access the fields in a table using Visual Basic in Web Developer .NET Start with the link below and click on SelectCommand, InsertCommand, DeleteCommand and UpdateCommand to get tbe basic of manipulating data in the database through ADO.NET.  Hope this helps. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.data.sqlclient.sqldataadapter.aspxKind regards,Gift Peddie...

accessing a field from a table?
id limit engine_size ncb tpo tpft comp 0 2000 1800 1 337 369 386 1 2000 1800 2 263 281 300 2 2000 1800 3 225 241 258 3 2000 1800 4 207 223 242 4 2000 1800 5 190 195 215 5 2000 2200 1 391 420 448 6 2000 2200 2 304 327 348 7 2000 2200 3 261 280 299 8 2000 2200 4 240 256 274 9 2000 2200 5 209 223 226 10 2000 3500 1 505 541 577 11 2000 3500 2 392 420 449 12 2000 3500 3 337 361 385 13 2000 3500 4 309 330 352 14 2000 3500 5 270 288 308 15 2000 35...

table = table object
hi, how to copy the all rows of a table to temporary table using javascript i have tried like this but it's not working ex:document.getelementbyId('tmpTable')=document.getelementbyId('baseTable'); is there any way to do this..?? thanks... icanmakeiteasy put both tables in 2 divs and do div1.innerHTML = div2.innerHTML;MAKMark as Answer if this reply helps youMVP ASP/ASP.NetASP.Net Hosting : Host DepotMy Site : ASPSnippets i have tried that tooo... not workingicanmakeiteasy you are doing right. just change thisvar tempTable ;tempTable=document.gete...

Accessing COM Objects on .NET
using EAS Server 4.2.2 for our web applications. I would like to access a COM object lying on a different webserver running ..Net on IIS. I have tried this before. I would appreciate if anyone could briefly outline the steps required to access the same Thanks You need to use the tlbexp utility to generate a COM typelib from the .NET assembly you're trying to access. You then use the TLB to register a COM proxy you can invoke from EAS. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] SDN CodeXchange -- http://codexchange.sybase.com "Suresh" <...

.Net and Access with Hyperlinked Fields
Can somebody help me ? I have an Access DB in this DB I have a few fields that are hyperlink in the DB When I set up a ASP.net page the links are not hyperlinked. this is what my script looks like <%@ Page Explicit="True" Language="VB" Debug="True" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.OleDb" %> <html> <script runat="server"> Sub Search_Click(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) Dim Connect As OleDbConnection = New OleDbConnection D...

Direct access to the fields in a table
I want to access the fields in a table directly.  How can this be done? Is the table asp:Table or html table?  Post relevant code. The tables would be in ASP. I was hoping for a simple example to get me going.  I have never done it before and the training sites have so much information before getting to the point. If you can help me I would appreciate it. Can you please explain about your scenario?  What kind of table and controls you want, is the values will be data driven, and when and what kind of information do you want to retrieve?  If you give that, the...

Adding field to Access table?
This may sound like a dumb question and I apologize ahead of time. I found the access database 'DotNetNuke.mdb.resources' which is where the data is being stored. I added a field to one of the tables, specifically the 'DotNetNuke_Banners' table. Basically, I've added a description field that I want to appear with the banner ads. I've also updated all the queries in the database which reference this table. Now, the dumb question: I cannot find where to add this field in the site? In the old IBuy Spy portal you had the xxxDB.vb files in the components directory where you would updat...

Accessing Objects Within Tables
Hello,  This is a really daft question but for the life of me I cant find the solution. I have built a simple table on my page and as I have gone along I have put in the objects I want to use (Drop down list, buttons etc) but now I want to access the propeties of the drop down list from the design view of ASP.NET (the little white box with the arrow) and I cant work it out!  I know you can access most of the properties from the source code but ideally I want to be able to do it from the design view. Cheers  Andy  What would the purpose be? Could your describe the sc...

Web resources about - accessing a table fields - asp.net.object-datasource

Student pleads guilty to accessing records about Frances Abbott design scholarship
The Sydney student who leaked information about a fashion school scholarship controversially awarded to the daughter of the Prime Minister has ...

Accessing a headline opinion
Accessing a headline opinion

Sharp increase in authorities accessing private data
Australian law enforcement and government agencies have sharply increased their access without warrant to vast quantities of private telephone ...

Former librarian charged with accessing student records of Frances Abbott
A former part-time librarian at a Sydney design school has been charged after she allegedly accessed student records of Prime Minister Tony Abbott's ...