Error, Error and more errors

Okay, all I wanted to do was test this app out and it has been a nightmare.

1.) Didn't install the sql database. I had to manually install it.
2.) I get errors when trying to add a picture to an album.
"Procedure or function ngUpdatePicture has too many arguments specified"
Any ideas? I've gotten more errors than this, but there is no use in bitchin.
0
jimk
5/3/2004 8:23:07 PM
asp.net.ngallery 515 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Are you using the v1.6.1 installer?  Also, did you select to install the SQL Server db and give it a valid admin login?  What were some of the error messages?  Did you have an existing DB from a previous install?

While bitching about errors does no good, being vague and just saying "screw it" doesn't help much either.
0
Qgyen
5/3/2004 11:21:30 PM
Pardon me for being too, vague.

The first time I tried installing it, I used the 1.6.1 installer and selected to install the Sql Server db and I populated all the fields. If it could not access the database, then it should have prompted me with an error message or something, but it just keeps installing. I uninstalled it and tried again, same problem.
So I decided to manually create the db and run the sql scripts. I'm only supposed to run the top script correct? The other scripts look like upgrades for previous versions. Then I went ot the app and set the data configurations. Now when I try to add a picture to an album I get
this error, "Procedure or function ngUpdatePicture has too many arguments specified".
So I guess, my questions is, what is the best way to install this app. Should I install it using the installer or should I download the souce code and compile it?
0
jimk
5/4/2004 1:12:05 PM
The installer should work just fine... in theory.  I spent a lot of time on it and installed it on my own machines many times trying to make it screw up.  If it couldn't log in, it might have gone on without properly erroring out.  It should show an error, but if everything did as it was supposed to, Sasser would not be causing chaos around my campus at all.

Running the main sqlserver script is the right one for fresh installs, the others are just for upgrades. I will have to double check the ngUpdatePicture procedure when I get home (leaving work in 30 seconds).
0
qgyen
5/4/2004 10:32:16 PM
Can you go into SQL Server and paste the content of the ngUpdatePicture stored procedure?  The DB creation script and the current SQL DL are in sync.  This is what the ngUpdatePicture stored procedure should be:

CREATE PROCEDURE dbo.ngUpdatePicture
@PictureID int,
@FileName varchar(50),
@Title varchar(50)=null,
@Caption varchar(2500)=null,
@Highlight bit=0,
@AlbumID int,
@Width int = 0,
@Height int = 0
AS
UPDATE Picture SET
PictureFileName = @FileName,
PictureTitle = @Title,
PictureCaption = @Caption,
PictureHighlight = @Highlight,
PictureWidth = @Width,
PictureHeight = @Height
WHERE PictureID = @PictureID
AND PictureAlbumID = @AlbumID
GO

Are you sure you didn't run any other scripts? Because in the update scripts, there is a previous definition for ngUpdatePicture which took less parameters than the current one. It is the upgrade from v1.0 to 1.5.
0
Qgyen
5/4/2004 11:15:36 PM
I was gettting the exact same error, so I copied and pasted your stored procedure... bam! It all works fine now. My original stored procedure was this:

CREATE PROCEDURE dbo.ngUpdatePicture
@PictureID int,
@Title varchar(50)=null,
@Caption varchar(2500)=null,
@Highlight bit=0,
@AlbumID int
AS
UPDATE Picture SET
PictureTitle = @Title,
PictureCaption = @Caption,
PictureHighlight = @Highlight
WHERE PictureID = @PictureID
AND PictureAlbumID = @AlbumID
0
isunshine

error error error

errors errors errors..

Error error error, help me
Hello, How do I populate a drop down list in asp.net from a database? I have a block of vbscript code that does the server side coding for it. My code is as follows.. <script language="vb" runat="server"> Dim objConn As OleDbConnection = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\data\employee.mdb;") Dim Sql, valEmp As String Dim objDREmp as OleDbDataReader Sub FillEmployeeName(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs) Sql = "select * from [Employee]" Dim objCommand As Ole...

error error !
Full Message: ERROR{} Additional Information: None Severity: Error Date: November 14, 2007 11:42:35 AM Acknowledged Date: None Source: /Devices/Workstations/b2305dsyldes-58 Message ID: ERROR Probable Cause URL: None Log ID: ac4f2a9dbea6435421f4d9f92db8e971 Related Objects: None What does this means ? Marc-Andre, no idea, maybe a little more background information would help? -- Shaun Pond well, nothing special to say, some DLU policy, 1 remote policy, that's about it.......... Shaun Pond wrote: > Marc-Andre, > > no idea, maybe a little m...

error after error
Hello, All I seem to be getting an error I don't quite understand. Can someone point out why I'm geeting this error? The first error states: unquoted string "subroutines" may clash with future reserved word at NPtest.pl line 6. after I quote "subroutines" I get an error that states: syntax error at NPtest.pl line 6, near "require" Execution of NPtest.pl aborted due to compilation errors. Heres the first script: #!/usr/bin/perl # NEWPACKAGE.pl package NEWPACKAGE sub printing1 {print "duh duh duh.\n&quo...

Error or not error?
Hi gurus, hope you can help me with this problem: OS: Solaris 7 ASE: 12.5 I recently got some strange error messages when doing dbcc tablealloc with fix: *************************************************************** TABLE: hence_meaning OBJID = 100192376 INDID=0 FIRST=1817 ROOT=401935 SORT=0 INDID=2 FIRST=2882 ROOT=2881 SORT=1 Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 330126, object 100192376; got page 0, object 0. Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 272316, object 100192376; got page 0, object 0. Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 322961, object 100192376; got p...

CIFs Error: Storage Error Unknown error with error code: -602
Server was an Identity Migration target (source single server tree nw6sp5/edir8737/gw8hp1 to oes2sp1x64+latest patches), but I have been having problems with getting cifs to work since the migration. Whenever I go into iManager, file protocols, cifs & try to make any change other than stopping/starting the service I get the error in the subject (even to change something simple like the comment). Other oddities I noticed since the actual IM swap that somehow might have something to do with this: users arent LUM enabled or so it seems the afpProxyUser- & cifsProxyUser- both...

Parser error or Dataset Error or Namespace Error
I am new to ASP.NET and I am currently learning to use the VS 2005 Express tools. I've been able to get along smoothly for sometime; getting bugs and resolving them from your very valuable posts in this forum. Now I have a problem that I have no idea where to begin to resolve the problem. It appears to be a Parser Error, but then when I try to view my pages, I get a lot of other apparently related errors. I am suspecting that I have, one way or the other, messed up my dataset schema definition. The strange thing about this error is that I cannot open any other pages anymore. Even those simp...

[ILINK32 Error] Error: Error processing module
Hi! I have this error when trying to build a project of mine, using XE2 Update4: {code} [ILINK32 Error] Error: Error processing module [ILINK32 Error] Error: Unable to perform link {code} The project uses some source files from another project that is maintained by a different developer. Since I did an update on those files, I get this message. Whenever I restore the files, build is successful, so it is pretty obvious that something changed in those files that makes linking unsuccessful. But how can I track down which file is the one (out from around 100)? Regarding to the he...

Build errors message but no errors in Error List
I am using VB.Net in Visual Web Developer Express. When I press F5 to run my application I get the 'There were build errors. Wouild you like to continue and run the last successful build?' message. I select 'No', and,  if the Error List window was shut it opens, but there are no errors listed in it. I'm sure this has worked before. Is there another way of finding errors? According to Help | About I am using version 8.0.50727.42. Thanks for any help.  One of the things with the error window is you can selectively display errors, warnings and messages.  I...

[ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external -- Error message
I have a VCL component compiled using Delphi 2010. This VCL component accesses functions in an external DLL. When I try to use this component in C++ Builder 2010, I get the error message below when compiling: [ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external 'PdacOpenDatabase' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\PERVASIVE SOFTWARE\PSQL\SDK\PDAC\DELPHI2010\LIB\PB200R2010.LIB|btvtables This only occurs when "Build with runtime packages" is unchecked and only within C++ Builder. If I compile the same basic program in Delphi, it works using runtime packages or not. Any id...

COMPILE ERROR
Hi, I've been struggeling with this problem for some days now :( I truely hope that someone can help out! This is the erorr I get when I try to compile a project for a Pocket PC 2002 (wince 3.0) with eVC++ C:\Tutorial\TestProject2\customer.cpp(10) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'Sqlca' C:\Tutorial\TestProject2\customer.cpp(10) : error C2501: 'UlSqlca' : missing storage-class or type specifiers C:\Tutorial\TestProject2\customer.cpp(10) : fatal error C1004: unexpected end of file found This is wha...

Error: Communication Error
Hi all, I am using UltraLite to develope a handheld device application using PocketPC2002 emulator. I don't know the version of UL I am using but I know the SQL Anywhere it shipped with is 9. Here is my problem. When I do sync against a consolidated SQL server, where I have no upload script, just down_cursor download script. When it sync, the log file on the server showed that 12 rows (in my case ) for a table is being and successfully downloaded to the remote database. However, right after it synced, an exception as shown in the subject is displayed. And the table which syn...

First Build Error: Server Error: Parse Error
I'm new to DotNetNuke and trying to get my first DotNetNuke Site up and running.  I downloaded 3.1.1 and got it installed and working - was able to use the site and make portals and modifications.  I then went and opened the source code as I wanted to try and create a new module.  I had a couple reference errors (CountryListBox, DotNetNuke.WebControls, DotNetNuke.WebUtility) that I cleared up by removing and re-adding them (based on another forum message).  Now the code builds correctly (still no modifications by me, I have not changed anything at this point), but when I ...

Web resources about - Error, Error and more errors - asp.net.ngallery

Error - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The word error entails different meanings and usages relative to how it is conceptually applied. The concrete meaning of the Latin word "error" ...

ABC News Breakfast co-host Emma Alberici makes mad witch error on live TV
IT’S the Turnbull government’s latest political controversy that’s got Australia talking — and it left ABC’s Emma Alberici tongue-tied.

Disappointment after Victoria University withdraws offer due to 'error'
A would-be-nurse says she has been left feeling humiliated after Victoria University withdrew an offer for a place in an undergraduate degree ...

Google translated Russia to 'Mordor' in 'automated' error
Google releases a statement after one of its online tools translated "Russian Federation" to "Mordor".

Error 404: Security insights found
... are generally associated with client requests 500 - 599 are generally server related For the casual web user, an encounter with a 404 error ...

Google Translate ‘technical error’ labels Russia as evil kingdom of ‘Mordor’
... of the Rings’ fiery, evil kingdom of Mordor, and its foreign minister is a “sad little horse,” according to a Google Translate “technical error” ...

Government "Processing Error" Sinks Housing Reports for Entire Year; Where to From Here?
Huge "Processing Error" in Government Housing Data When I saw some of the upwardly revised GDP estimates in 2015 I thought they were too good ...

This self-installing car seat is designed to eliminate human error
The headaches of installing car seats safely may be cured with this connected car seat from 4moms . The seat is self-installing, which means ...

Avoiding errors and issues at the hospital - Videos - CBS News
More than 35 million Americans a year spend at least one night in a hospital, and the system may seem complicated to navigate. Dr. Tara Narula ...

US sailors made 'navigational error' : Pentagon
The 10 U.S. sailors held by Iran before being released on Wednesday made a navigational mistake, the U.S. military said on Thursday.