web app with multiple web services

Hi all, I intend on having a web app which would have many .asmx files. Some would be atlas web services and some would be regular web services. I noticed that in the web.config it changes the httphandler for .asmx files. Will this affect all my .asmx files? Is there anyway to restrict this based on folder paths etc?

TIA!
0
paramr
10/13/2005 2:45:02 PM
asp.net.networking-webservices 2181 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Yes, you can restrict handlers to specific files or directories.

Please note that even though the .asmx requests are now handled by a different handler, it should not break anything. All this handler does is return a JavaScript proxy when someone requested the service with the "/js" pathinfo, such as myservice.asmx/js. All other requests should just be forwarded to the original handler.

- Wilco Bauwer (MSFT) / http://www.wilcob.com
0
WilcoB
10/13/2005 6:39:59 PM
How do I restrict handlers for certain folders? Also, it appears that my <pages> element is causing problems for my webservice folder. Specifically the autoeventwireup property set to false fails to load the web service. But I need that set to false for my regular .aspx pages. I tried putting a new <pages> element under a location tag for that folder but no luck.

TIA!
0
paramr
10/14/2005 2:28:09 AM

I would suggest to collect all your ASP.NET AJAX Web services (and related pages) in one folder or subfolders of it.

In the top folder you create a Web.config file where you put the applicable configuration items that apply (move them from the application Web.vonfig).

Doing this he behavior of the runtime is the old one for all application folders but the one described above.

 Let me know if it works for you.

I blog at: Technical Notes

0
veloce

What action by a web service requires an app to update their web reference to a Web Service
I create a web reference to a web service in my aspx web application which returns an XML object. If the owner of the web service makes a change to their object am I required to do an update web reference? What if I dont use the information from the new object? thanks Larry You should make the change only if the contract b/w the two has changed (e.g. parameters, return values), etc.-Mathew Nolton Website=www.cybral.com Email=mnolton@cybral.com Blog=weblogs.asp.net/mnolton If the web service now returns a new element and my class reference doesn't match their new class ref...

How do I merge web services' app.config with web app's web.config? Help!!
I have a web application project that uses a separate class library containing web service references (service layer). I want to be able to configure the web reference URLs dynamically and I know you can set this up by setting the URL behavior to  'Dynamic', etc, etc. The problem is VS2005 puts the URLs in the project's app.config file. When the class library becomes a DLL component, I have no way of accessing the app.config file.Is there a way to make the web reference project to look for the URLs in the web.config instead of its app.config? Or is there a way to merge this app.config w...

web web web

multiple web services vs one web service?
Hi,Can someone tell me in term of performance and flexibility which approach is better: Using multiple web services within an application, each web service contains only 1 web method VS using a single Web Service with multiple web methods..(each web method will retrieve data from  the database and populate the Web form). I want to know if it is better to transform each web method to web service or to regroup all web methods in only one Web Service.Thanks in advance. Use one WebService. For each Web Service you'll need a WebReference in VS. 1 WebService = 1 WebReference ...

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

Using multiple web.configs with different web apps in the same web folder.
How do I tell a web application to use a specific web.config file instead of referencing the root web apps web.config file? Example: In IIS i have this setup:My Server  Web Sites     Default Web Site (this has web.config with a reference to a HTTP Handler)     My Http Handler           My Sub Web             < --- This sub web is looking for the http handler in this web hope that makes sense.   shawn use location elem...

Multiple Vb.NET apps accessign a Web Service
Hello, I have 4 VB.NET applications which are each monitoring a piece of equipment. When the equipment is in error is sends a string to the VB.NET app. I need to save this string information to a central SQL Server database. Should I put database access into each VB.NET application or should I have them connect to a web service which will do the database stuff on behalf of the VB.NET  application. I'm new to .net and i'm wondering if this would be the way to go. Do web services scale well if multiple clients access the same web service method or will my VB.NET client have to wait un...

convert java web app 2 .NET web app
Hi, i am able to convert java console app to .NET console app.but i am unable to convert java web based application to .NET web based application. can u give me some idea as to how to convert that. Thanks in advance,nizam. I believe the technical phrase is.. rtfm?  lol.  you're going to have to do it the hard way.  JSP operates on a different theory of web development than asp.net/asp.net 2.0Kay LeeMySpace.com - http://www.myspace.com/kragieInfrastructure GroupMySpace.com- Code to live, but Live to code. Try these two links for sample code and free book from Microsoft, ...

Need helps on deploying a web services or web app to an existing web server
Hi people, I am going to deploy a new web service and a new web application to an existing web server, which is also hosting several other web apps. I am told that the IIS CAN NOT BE STOPPED, which means I can not build a MSIs to install them. Looks like only two options I can use: 1) XCOPY 2) Publish the web service or web app through the VS 2008. Can anyone please give me some advices what is the best way to have a deployment without any interruptings and less problems. Thank you.    use FTP to copy files from your system to web hoster system. you ca...

Can WSE 3.0 Web Service be exposed to the web and can it be consumed by non .Net apps?
If I write a WSE 3.0 web service in .Net 2.0, can I expose it to the web like an IIS XML web service.?Also, can this web service be consumed by non .Net apps or .Net 1.1. apps?sun21170 Yes, simply enable your web service project for WSE 3, and this will alter web.config to support WSE 3 web services in IIS.The web service can be consumed by non .Net clients, however .Net 1.1 clients may struggle unless you add WSE support ans generate specific WSE proxies at the client end.  JamesMy Blog: http://www.wintersfamily.plus.com/blogs/JamesWinters...

Web app to consume web service
I am new to web services.  Basically I need to create a web app to consume the web service located here: http://babbage2.sosu.edu/winuser/hw04/proj01/proj01.asmx It just needs two text boxes and a button, I'm not sure how to do this. Any help?  Add a Web reference to your project, its like adding a dll reference but instead of poiting it to a dll you do point it to the url. Right click the project name and select Web Reference, use it as a dll. Hope this helpsCheersAlMy BlogMapStats.NETPlease click on 'Mark as Answer' if this post answered your question! Tha...

Web resources about - web app with multiple web services - asp.net.networking-webservices

Code division multiple access - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Code division multiple access ( CDMA ) is a channel access method used by various radio communication technologies. It should not be confused ...

Jakarta attacks: Multiple bombs hit Indonesian capital
ISIS has claimed responsibility for the grenades and crude homemade bombs used to stage a Paris-style attack in a busy business and shopping ...

Sopranos star Jamie-Lynn Sigler has Multiple Sclerosis
... daughter of mobster Tony Soprano on the Emmy-winning drama, has gone public with her struggle with her nearly 15-year battle with multiple sclerosis. ...

Jakarta attacks: seven dead in multiple attacks linked to Islamic State
Jakarta is on highest possible alert for terrorism, after multiple explosions hit Central Jakarta on Thursday.

Jakarta attacks: seven dead in multiple attacks linked to Islamic State
Seven people have been killed in a terrorist attack in central Jakarta, including five who are believed to be perpetrators linked to the Islamic ...

Feature Request: Apple TV 4 needs a way to watch TV shows from multiple sources in one universal app
... coverage of AAPL Company , Apps , and iOS . What do you think? Discuss "Feature Request: Apple TV 4 needs a way to watch TV shows from multiple ...

Google Seeks Multiple Auto Partners for Self-Driving Car Unit
Google hopes to form partnerships with many automakers and suppliers as it develops self-driving cars to reduce traffic accidents and expand ...

Multiple Explosions, Gunfire Rock Jakarta In Deadly ISIS-Claimed Attack
At least seven people died, including five assailants, a police spokeperson said. Multiple explosions and a gun battle rocked Jakarta, the capital ...

Ramon Foster: Multiple Bengals Spit On Steelers, Not Just Burfict
Steelers OL Ramon Foster joins The Fan Morning Show

Jamie-Lynn Sigler says she has multiple sclerosis
The actress ​said that she has been living with MS for 15 years.