The remote name could not be resolved: 'services.xmethods.net'

Hi ,all

i am doing now currency converter ,i got the following error,plz help me. i added Xmethods.net web reference.

The remote name could not be resolved: 'services.xmethods.net'

Krishnamurthy C
Consultant,
Holmdel Consulting,
krishnamurthy@holmdelconsulting.com
www.holmdelconsulting.com
0
ckmurthy
4/16/2008 9:30:47 AM
asp.net.networking-webservices 2181 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You can’t call a remote webservice directly, this is a security constrain imposed by the browser, check this link for a solution:

http://dotnetslackers.com/columns/ajax/MashitUpwithASPNETAJAX.aspx
If this post helped you please remember to set it as Answer so it can help others.
0
mrmercury

Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'www.webservicex.net'
Hi , i gota error weni sued webservice the exception details is given as subject and here a giving the code i hav written i am beginner so pls help me out in this public partial class Weather : System.Web.UI.Page {string City; string Country;StockQuote stock = new StockQuote();  GlobalWeather oObj = new GlobalWeather();   string var;protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) {       }protected void btnGo_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) {  var= stock.GetQuote("GVK");this.Response.Write("myQuote='" + var ...

'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE' vs 'MACHINE NAME\ASPNET'
In my local machine, I have always seen IIS use ASPNET as default user for website; but I just found that it uses 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE' on the server.  Is it safe to generalize and say that : Windows 2000, WindowsXP  --> MACHINE NAME\ASPNET Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2003 Server --> 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE' Please advise.  Thank you. George Some minor correction Win2k including Advanced Server and XP are IIS5 so it is Asp.net account, the Network Service Account was introduced in Win2003 which is IIS6 and the Anonymous users were also removed ...

Value of type 'System.Net.Mail.MailMessage' cannot be converted to 'System.Net.Mail.AlternateView'

Upgrading vb.net 2003 to vb.net 2008 the name '__o' is not declared
Hi I had an application in vb.net 2003. I chose to upgrade it to vb.net 2008. Now I have 153 errors telling me that the name '__o' is not declared. In one page where I get this error, It's on a <tr> statement. I searched in google and I saw that we could put <%=""%> at the beginning of the page, but I still have the error message. Any idea? Hi myriam_giroux,I think you need to be more specific information. When you are receiving errors during compilation in Visual Studio or Visual Web Developer, the Error list window will indicate the line in the sour...

''''''''''''''''''''

System.Net.Mail is giving error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type 'string' to 'System.Net.Mail.MailAddress'
I'm getting an error while trying to use the wizard to create a form and than pass it the vaibles to Mail. Any help would be much appreciated. SmtpClient smtpClient = new SmtpClient(); MailMessage message = new MailMessage(); try {   message.From = txtEmail.Text; message.To.Add("admin1@yoursite.com"); message.Subject = "Feedback"; message.CC.Add("admin1@yoursite.com"); message.CC.Add("admin2@yoursite.com"); message.IsBodyHtml = false; message.Body = txtMessage.Text; smtpClient.Send(message); lblStatus.Text = "Email successfully sent."; } catch (Exception ex) { lbl...

'''''

Unable to find an entry point named 'Add' in DLL 'CPPDLL.dll'. while running a c#.net web application
  I have created a small web application using c#.net that calls a function from a dll file created in c++ the following are the files that i have used to create a dll file.. //CPPDLL.cpp file #include “stdafx.h” #include “CPPDLL.h” #include using namespace std; namespace CPPDLL { double Class1::Add(double a, double b) { return a + b; } } //CPPDLL.h file #pragma once using namespace System; namespace CPPDLL { public class Class1 { // TODO: Add your methods for this class here. public: static __declspec(dllexport) double Add(double a...

'Entropy', a "net inside the net" ?
Just tumbled upon this, maybe old news. Comments welcome (f/u grc.privacy) : Entropy is a software, which creates a "net inside the net" (inside the internet) for its users. This software can be used both by *nix- and Windows-users. Entropy is "Free Software" (under GPL) and can be downloaded here: http://entropy.stop1984.com/ -- Ninho On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 12:03:30 +0200, in grc.linkfarm,grc.privacy, Ninho wrote: > Just tumbled upon this, maybe old news. Comments welcome (f/u grc.privacy) : > > Entropy is a software, which creates a "ne...

The remote name could not be resolved : 'MySite.com'
 Dear AllI have been using asp.net forums for a long time and I have found solutions every time I had a problem.But this time I couldn't  and Its my first question in this forums.I wish to get the answer.Here is the problem :I have written a web service  and published it in my website.It works fine when I call methods from anywhere but when I call methods from a computer which is located in a local network (Intra net) which has proxy I get the error :system.web.services.soapexception :  server was unable to process the request. ---> system.net.webexception : The re...

VS2005 VB.Net 'EventArgs' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System'. Errors.
Hi guys,  I've searched and searched and can't find the fix for this.  I am recieving the max number of errors for my ASP.Net project.  The errors are simply stated as something like the title.  Other ones are: 'DebuggerNonUserCodeAttribute' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Diagnostics'. 'EventArgs' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System''CompilierGlobalScopeAttribute' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Runtime.CompilierServices'.'SerializationInfo' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Runtime.Serialization'  Most of the errors are comming up in files th...

Value of type 'String' cannot be converted to 'System.Net.Mail.MailAddress'
My code is below:Protected Sub btnSendMsg_OnClick(ByVal Source As Object, ByVal E As EventArgs) Dim myMessage As New System.Net.Mail.MailMessage Dim myAttachment As System.Net.Mail.Attachment Dim myMail As System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient If Page.IsValid() Then myMessage.From = txtFromEmail.Text myMessage.To = txtToEmail.TextWhat can I do to fix this? MailMessage.To represents a collection that you Add addresses to.Dim recipient As MailAddress= new MailAddress(txtToEmail.Text) myMessage.To.Add(recipient)    Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~...

The remote name could not be resolved: 'api.facebook.com'
  I'm new on asp.net and facebook.net I write new application. I tried on local with successfully but upload a web server and I get this error. Please help me. How do upload on my server? www.2025arena.com/fb Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. Stack Trace: WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'api.facebook.com' System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream() +1532269 ...

Problem: The type 'typename' exists in both 'dll-name-1' and 'dll-name-2'
Hi at all!For some strange reason I sometimes (not always) get the following compilation error when starting my ASP.net project:Server Error in '/' Application. Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: CS0433: The type 'ASP.formscontrols_worker_it_ascx' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0....

Web resources about - The remote name could not be resolved: 'services.xmethods.net' - asp.net.networking-webservices