need help to call webservice methods through ajax when my website got published

Hello Mate,

i already know Http object cannot call webservice methods but i have to use ajax and  webservice method. is there any other alternating idea (i don't want the page to be reloaded every now & then . thats why i said "i want ajax")

Much Obliged & Thanks a Lot,
Myself
0
Sidewinder2
7/2/2008 1:52:50 PM
asp.net.networking-webservices 2181 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Checkout these links about calling webservice using ASP.NET Ajax:

http://www.asp.net/ajax/documentation/live/tutorials/ExposingWebServicesToAJAXTutorial.aspx

http://www.asp.net/ajax/documentation/live/tutorials/ConsumingWebServicesWithAJAXTutorial.aspx

If this post helped you please remember to set it as Answer so it can help others.
0
mrmercury
7/2/2008 4:50:58 PM

Hey man,

 I read the information on the link you had sent to me. There is  only a little bit of explanation. I am fresher Man!. Could u please give me some other links with some more explanation.

And one more thing , I am using visual studio 2005. and i dont have a "Ajax Enabled ASP.NET web forms"

Much Obliged & Thanks a Lot,
Myself
0
Sidewinder2
7/3/2008 5:32:18 AM

You should get ASP.NET Ajax 1.0, you can find it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ca9d90fa-e8c9-42e3-aa19-08e2c027f5d6&displaylang=en

Check this video about webservices:

http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax-videos/video-82.aspx

If this post helped you please remember to set it as Answer so it can help others.
0
mrmercury
7/3/2008 1:15:40 PM

Thanks For ur reply man ,

                                    I will checkout them!,

Much Obliged & Thanks a Lot,
Myself
0
Sidewinder2

.NET to Java Webservice Calls Slow, but Java test harness to Java Webservices is fast
Hi,I am currently working on a website that makes SOAP webservice calls to a java webservice that is powered by AXIS.  The website is running in .NET 2.0 and the library that calls the java webservice is a .NET 1.1 library.  When calling web methods of the java webservice, I am getting back calls in around the 400 ms range for a 27kb response when the .net site does the call to java; however, the java developers at my job have a test harness that makes a java soap call to the same java webservice using the same parameters as the .net call yet they have a call time of only 20 ms.&nb...

Ajax Autocomplete Webservice Call
Ok, so my method in my webservice requires a type to be passed, it is called in the ServiceMethod property of the AutoCompleteExtender, I am fuzzy about how I should do that so I called it like this:ServiceMethod="DropDownLoad<<%=(typeof)subCategory%>>" where subCategory is a page property that looks like this:protected SubCategory subCategory    {        get        {            var subCategory = NHibernateObjectHelper.LoadDataObject<SubCategory>(Convert.ToInt32(Request.QueryString[&q...

Deploying website and webservice/ Dynamically calling a webservice
hai all,i have a website and webservice on my local machine, everythings works fine. now how I ll deploy this to live. I have already copied my website and webservice to the  server and had made the virtual directory. 1. Now how i will set web reference to the webservice.2. i manage a few constants in web.config. can i put a app key in web.config which has a value as webservice path and dynamically call the webservice. i am trying to deploy a website/webservice for first time. so this question may be the most basic one, but plz do considerwarm regards  You'll have to pro...

Help
Hey All, I need some help. I am trying to call a webservice that returns a value, but also has an out parameter.  How do I call this webservice from javascript? I am trying the following, where outobj is the out parameter: var outobj = new Object(); var params = { prefixText : this._currentPrefix, count: this._completionSetCount, PagerStyle: this._pagerStyle, PagerArgument: this._pageSize, PageNumber: outobj}; if (this._useContextKey) { params.contextKey = this._contextKey; } // Invoke th...

problem in using the webservice.htc file to call webservice method
Hello Mate,                    The webservice method is not getting called . COULD U PLEASE HELP ME ON THIS PROBLEM?                                  First of all i have a folder called "Masters" in my project.                    In that ...

Calling another webservice within a webservice's method....
Is there any drawback or incovenient in doing it? example: [WebMethod] public DataSet List1() { AnotherWebService.Service zbr = new AnotherWebService.Service(); return zbr.GetUsersList(); } Thanks If your business needs that archicture, then you have to use it ; ) But..you have to be more careful for trapping error etc!!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti...

Need some help in calling the webservice from jscript
Hi There!,  the code below shows u my ajax code to call a web service method. but that method wasn't called . Any help regarding this problem would be very appriciated  function ModifyGridrow(obj) {var parameter = parseInt(obj); alert(parameter);var Httpobj; alert("xmlHttp4"); try { // Firefox, Opera 8.0+, Safari Httpobj=new XMLHttpRequest(); }catch (e) { // Internet Explorer try { Httpobj=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP"); }catch (e) { //15 try { Httpobj=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP"); }catch (e) { alert("...

need help on javascript for calling webservice
error on undefine webservices name in javascript with ajax We can call web services without reference in asp.net 2.0 with c#? if yes then how.how to call webservices without web refrances. I'm not really sure I get what you want to do, do you want to know how to call webservices from the client using ASP.NET Ajax?, if so check these links: http://www.asp.net/ajax/documentation/live/tutorials/ExposingWebServicesToAJAXTutorial.aspx http://www.asp.net/ajax/documentation/live/tutorials/ConsumingWebServicesWithAJAXTutorial.aspxIf this post helped you please remember to set it a...

Need some Urgent Help in AJAX WebServices
Hi I am using AJAX WebServices to perform below mentioned functionality Need to list all the names of students in a list box starting with the Initials typed by the user in a text box . so when user Type in "RA" in text box all the names startig with RB get listed in list box. To implement this i started working on Ajax WebServices and to try how it works i have written a simple code to just return a string and show alert message of the returned string. but i am getting following javascript erorr messages 1. Expected ":" 2. Object Expected.  I checked the ...

call webservice using javascript without using AJAX and webservice.htc?
HI,how can i call a webservice without using AJAX and Webservice.htc, using any protocols?Thanks.X you could skip using an AJAX framework and issue an xmlHttpRequest directlyhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XMLHttpRequestMike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ Hi, thanks mbanavige.well, is there any disadvantage of using xmlhttprequest?and one more question can AJAX also work on other web servers than IIS like Apache? and is AJAX compatible with all browsers other than IE?how can i call a web servi...

help with return value of AJAx webservice call
i make this call to this web method and it returns an integer but I dont know how to retreive that value in my javascript... <WebMethod()> Public Function SaveCustomOpinonType(ByVal Title As String, ByVal Description As String, ByVal OpinionQuiz As String, ByVal Options() As String) As BooleanDim OpinionTypeID As Integer = BCWeed.Weedbook.BLL.Albums.OpinionType.InsertOpinionType(Title, Description, OpinionQuiz, Options) Return OpinionTypeID End Function  in my javascript I have that:SaveCustomOpinionSuccess : function(results, context, methodName) {   alert(results.O...

How to use AJAX to call a method of a business object (not a webservice)
Hi all... At the moment, I have seen only examples to call a webservice method from an AJAX enabled page, but, what if i want to call a method of a business object within the same project? I can create a webservice to do this, but I think this isn't necessary.  Thanks Jaime...

Newbie: Webservice to Webservice Communication : Help!
Hello, as my subject suggests I am a newbie developer and am currently working on a project that requires two webservices to communicate so that two client applications can interact. e.g. client program - Webservice - Webservice - client program The services are each hosted by seperate machines and I have them communicating. The problem is that one webservice that is always hosted and can run as a seperate entity. The other will vary in its up-time from permanantly available (and communicating) perhaps down to once a day for a few minutes in order to send and recieve updates to/from...

Calling a webservice from inside another webservice
I have a an Ajax enabled web service that needs to call a remote (on another domain) web service. So I setup the ajax service to call a local .asmx which then uses a "Web Reference" to the remote asmx. It calls the function in the remote asmx and executes just fine. The problem... 1.) First, am I doing this correctly? 2.) Reporting back is not working. Here's what I'm doing inside the locally called service: Dim ws As New WebReference.AjaxEnabledWebService Dim returnstatus as string="" ws.FunctionName(ParameterSendin1, ParameterSend...

Web resources about - need help to call webservice methods through ajax when my website got published - asp.net.networking-webservices

webservices Articles, Posts, Blogs, Videos - Technorati
— Authority: The job consist in a PHP program that read a file, compose a message (email or sms) and call an API of email provider (Amazon SES) ...

Section: software:webservices
Wired.com © 2012 Condé Nast. All rights reserved. Use of this Site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (effective 3/21/12) and Privacy ...

Products - CrunchBase
Product profiles

App Search on Flickr - Application Sharing!

Wikipedia:Press coverage 2005 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If you add an article, please cite both the title and the source. Note that if you're listing an article from a traditional press wire service ...

Entity–relationship model - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In software engineering , an entity-relationship model ( ER model for short) is an abstract and conceptual representation of data . Entity-relationship ...

Entity-relationship model - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In software engineering , an entity-relationship model ( ER model for short) is an abstract and conceptual representation of data . Entity-relationship ...

IT and Telecommunications Jobs in Melbourne Metro - MyCareer
Find IT and Telecommunications Jobs in Melbourne Metro on MyCareer. Fresh IT and Telecommunications Jobs posted daily. Free email alerts and ...

AWS Elastic Beanstalk: A Quick and Simple Way into the Cloud
Flexibility is one of the key principles of Amazon WebServices - developers can select any programming language and software package,any operating ...

How To Use the Amazon SDK for Android to Upload Photos to Amazon S3
This article demonstrates how to use the AWS SDK for Android to upload an image to Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) from your mobile device ...