how can I reteive the profile of a user that is NOT the current loggedin user on the client?

with the asp.net ajax....

 I have read the documentation about the profile servie but it seems everywhere it always says :" this loads the profile of the CURRENT user etc...

where I would want to access profile properties of other users as well

how?

is it possible?

0
bcweed966
1/28/2009 8:32:35 PM
asp.net.networking-webservices 2181 articles. 0 followers. Follow

yes you can... the whole data is stored in a standard table for profile provider which is aspnet_Profile, you can communicate with it like any other tabel (insert, update & delete)...

Regards...
Nassar, Rami
My Blog || E-Mail

rami_nassar
1/29/2009 8:19:42 AM

Yes you can . You can use the profile objects to search a particular user and load the corresponding objects.

Thanks,

Thani

Tao of Jeet Kune Do
0
MisterFantastic

I'm afraid that you cannot ! the profile services that runs from the client side will use the identity of the logged in user and i looked at the internal implmenetation of those classes.They return the data based on the logged in user.

By the way , even if it's possible to get a profile for another user through profile service , it's not recommneded to return the profileCommon directly to your client code, because this will make your client code depends on the ProfileCommon class.

Instead , you can create a custom webservice and use a custom DTO object (which needs to be decorated with Serializabale attribute) to return the profile of the passed user name.

Regards,

Anas Ghanem.

Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like duplicate ,Off-topic,offensive,or any post that violates the website "TERMS OF USE"). -- Thanks!

0
anas

how do I reteive the profile of a specific user that is not the current logged in user?
I am trying to retreive the profile for a specific user without that user being the current logged in user. I am in a class module and I have tried that but did not work:Dim UserGenProfile As ProfileInfo Dim reccount As IntegerUserGenProfile = ProfileManager.FindProfilesByUserName(ProfileAuthenticationOption.Authenticated, UserName, 0, 1, reccount).Item(0)   Hi Try to implemnt this piece of code ProfileCommon profile = Profile.GetProfile("MyUserName"); string name = profile.Name;Avantha SiriwardanaBeware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not...

Accessing Profile of users other than current user.
I want to access profile of other users. I want to allow my members to visit other members profile. I am not going to disply the senstive information. The default sql profile provider access to profile of current user only. Hi you need to use the getProfile function as follows:ProfileCommon UserProfile = Profile.GetProfile(UserName); UserProfile.PropertyName1=....   Please read this related thread : http://forums.asp.net/p/1243638/2279740.aspx   Regards,Regards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wron...

Manage Users
Hello, I would like to manage all available users with their custom profile datas, eg. firstname. I can get the profile datas of the logged-in user (VB code: txtBoxFirstName.Text = Profile.FirstName) but how can I list all the not-logged-in users with their usual datas (eg. e-mail address) and their profile datas? Thank you in advance   Because of performance issues I don't recommend you to use the Profile if you need to list all users’ properties on a single page. But if you only have a few users, then it's fine ;) To get the profile for all users you can for examp...

How can i get the user id of the user currently logged in?
Hi, I need to get the userId of the user currently logged in. Do I need to use 'user profile' for that? I am using the database schemas installed by the aspnet_regsql.exe. Any suggestions will be very much appreciated. E     Dim user As MembershipUser        user = Membership.GetUser(True)        Label1.Text = user.UserName If this post was useful to you, please mark it as answer. Thank you!Regards.mimranshafiq.NET Web Developerhttp://www.dotnetclassic.com VB:Dim usr as MembershipUser=Membership....

How can I carry anonymous users profile information to authenticated user
HelloI can carry the anonymous users profile information like favourite team name etc but when the user logs in how can I  carry the profile knowledge to the authenticated users profile.Good Nights Please provide some more information about the hangup. At least I couldn't understand what exactly are you trying to achieve. So simple... yet so effective.My "Life"ly Blog You need to add the Profile_MigrateAnonymous event in your global.asax. Here's a sample: void Profile_MigrateAnonymous(object sender, ProfileMigrateEventArgs e) { //Migrate Profile Profil...

can't copy user profile to new user
I run as administrator on my only account for my XP single user setup. Listening to Steve's show, I decided to try and setup a non-admin account for everyday use. The trouble is I don't want to reinstall all my programs and settings. I tried to copy the original account profile to the new account but when I go into the settings under computer/advance tab, the "copy to" is grayed out and disabled for my original account. The delete is also disabled. Any ideas on resolving this. -- Phil Phil wrote: > I run as administrator on my only account ...

How can I get the user login ID by user Profile.FullName
I have a multiple user fullname list in a page(the fullname is stored in Profile). I need to save the user LoginID into the database when I select the user fullname.How can I get the user login ID by user Profile.FullName?Thanks. I get the answer: 1.get all user 2. create profile3. get the fullname to compare and get the IDCheers*  Hi,As per my understanding you have Key = Value pair where Key =  FullName and Value=LoginID. What i would suggest that you store this key value pair in Profile using HttpContext.Current.Profile.SetPropertyValue(FULLNAME,LOGINID); [Put it once in...

Single Users Profile and All Users Profiles List
I've made a discussion forum. And I have also installed simply asp.net membership. Now I want after click on user link to redirect to the page with User's info.I have simply user "John" and user "Bob" and everyone can click on those names and will see page with informations stored in Profile (Like Profile.Name, Profile.Address). I have three simply question:1. How to show profile values of other User ? Like I wrote above.2. How to list all users with for example their e-mails ? I mean: UserLogin - UserName - UserMail3. Or the easier way is to make new table with those all information an...

Can not get user name from HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name
Hi All; I have tried to use HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name to get window user account. However, from debugger, for a long time ago I saw my window user name. But now, I did not see my window user name (from debugger) with the same code and same function call. Please help. Was I doing something wrong? Or any special settings on web.config/machine.config or project to make it work??? I'm stuck Thanks a lot well, you have to have windows integrated authentiction enabled in IIS, IIRC.RTFM - straight talk for web developers. Unmoderated, uncensored, occasionally unre...

CURRENT USER and LAST USER
I have a databse that started life under ASA 5 and has been unloaded and reloaded in every version up to ASA 9.02. I have various fields with a default of CURRENT USER. These get filled with the name of the currently logged in user when a record is UPDATE-ed. However any new tables I add containing a field with default CURRENT USER does not get altered during and UPDATE. To do that I need to make it DEFAULT LAST USER. When did this happen? More importantly how come the old CURRENT USER fields carry on doing what they always did even though they look idential to a new CURRE...

User Wordlist in User-Profile
high i saw in the TID10080800 that it is possible to point the User Word-List in example to a network drive like H:\\WT61US.UWL. how can i point it to the Userprofile like C:\Document and Setting\%USER%\\WT61US.UWL so it is copied to the server everytime the user logs out, but it is local for the notebook user's ? i dont now how to set it in the registry, that it point to the User-Profile. thanks Sascha Sascha, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has you...

User and User Profile Storage
How would you handle these situations? 1st Situation Storing user and user's profile information in the database. I have two ideas to handle this. #1) Store all the users information in one table #2) Store only the information needed to login the user in the user table, and have a userProfile table to store the rest of the user's profile information. Why? #1) Easy to build queries for, but will cause more overhead when the user is simply logging in. However, it will cause a lower overhead when looking up a user's profile information, as there will be no need to do table jo...

Edit/Save selected user's Profile ( instead of currently logged in user)

how can i write this line using vb.net: List<User> myList = new List<User>();
and which package i need to import System.Collections.GenericDim myList as new List(Of User) If this post is useful to you, please mark it as answer. avi999912: and which package i need to import Hi, If searching in MSDN, you will get this page: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/6sh2ey19.aspx, in which, you can find the package at the Namespace subject. .NET Framework Class Library List(T) Class Represents a strongly typed list of objects that can be accessed by index. Provides methods to search, sort, and manipulate lists. Namespace:  System.Collections...

Web resources about - how can I reteive the profile of a user that is NOT the current loggedin user on the client? - asp.net.networking-webservices

Hottest '.net' Answers - Stack Overflow
... if (username.Text == "test" && password.Text == "test"){ Response.Cookies ["TheCookie"]["Username"] = username.Text; Response.Redirect("loggedIn.aspx");}else ...

Falcon Heavy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Falcon Heavy , previously known as the Falcon 9 Heavy, is a spaceflight launch system being designed and manufactured by SpaceX . Both stages ...

Gloucester High Alumni Website - Ottawa, Ontario
Gloucester High Alumni - Starting in the fall of 2002, and culminating with a soon-to-be-announced homecoming week in the spring of 2003, this ...

The History of Zork
Part 1: The New Zork Times, vol. 4 no. 1, Winter 1985 Part 2: The New Zork Times, vol. 4 no. 2, Spring 1985 Part 3: The New Zork Times, vol. ...

Wallet
... knowledge and see the secret session ID at the top of your browser.If he entered that same session ID in his own browser, he would be loggedin ...

PageTitle
... preserved with identical value until browser restarted Cookies deleted on logout request Cookies added after logout request Request > 1. LoggedIn ...

PicsCover – take control of your photos wherever they are
... help page. PicsCover Take control of your Photos - Wherever they are! About Terms Help Sign In ©2012 Symfi LLC, All Rights Reserved not loggedin ...

Share Your Adventures with exciting new tools from Garmin
Our fēnix outdoor watch allows you to go hands free while still having access to Garmin’s precise and accurate navigation and trip information ...

Russian Dating Site Topface Hacked for 20 Million User Names
(Bloomberg) User names and e-mail addresses of 20million visitors to a Russia-based online dating service havebeen hacked and offered for sale ...

How To Move Facebook Albums To Picasa Using Chrome Extension
Move Your Facebook Albums To Picasa With This Extension How To Move Facebook Albums To Picasa Using Chrome Extension export facebook albums google ...