Communicating with windows application & web application

 Hi all,

This problem is related Remoting.

I have 2 severs, on one server i have Windows application & on another server i have web application.

Now i want to raise Windows application's event from Web Application. that means communication between windows application & web application bidirectionally.

My Windows application is in Visual Studio 2005 & Web Application is in ASp.net 1.1.

Can i do it with the help of web service?

if No then also, i am requesting you to guide me.

Thanking You.

0
dhiru_b25
11/4/2008 2:40:24 PM
asp.net.networking-webservices 2181 articles. 0 followers. Follow

How i call windows application in web application without using dll of windows application
i want to call Windows application in web Application Without using dll of Windows application in ASP.net 2.0  hi!try this: ProcessStartInfo pi = new ProcessStartInfo("app.exe"); pi.CreateNoWindow = true;  Process p = Process.Start(pi); p.WaitForExit(); if (p.ExitCode != 0){//report error } orzeh  code less, think more!...

single authentication for Windows application & Web Application
Is it possible to share user authentication between Windows Application & Web Application?If yes, how?I want to show an ASP.Net Web Page to a user who is authenticated in Window Application or viceversa.Thank you. Never Say Die Hi sandeepmgupta, I want to show an ASP.Net Web Page to a user who is authenticated in Window Application or viceversa. I don't think it can be done directly since Web Application uses cookie to implement authentication while Windows Application not. There're two different authentication mechanisms. But if the Web Application supports, maybe you ...

web application & mobile web application
Hi all,I am new to mobile web application and I am assigned to do some changes to the existing .net application. The application is a .net web application, and the hand held scanner is used to access the web forms. Till now, I thought it is only possible to access the web forms if they were developed using mobile web forms. But these forms were not developed using mobile web forms instead they were developed using asp.net.Is it possible to develop the application using .net and access through the handhelds? If so, is there any considerations for that?Anyone please explain me. I would really ...

How to extract xml file from window application to web application in .net
hi..i have two software solutions both in .net one is desktop and another is web application.And i want to transfer data between these application using xml. In desktop solution i have created a xml schema and create a xml document that conforms to that schema.XML doucment is created which contains the data.Now i have to extract this xml document into my web application and store the data of this xml file into my database and vice versa. So tell me what are the different methods to get the document from desktop to web and from web to desktop.Actaully i am not much aware of this type i...

Web Application our Windows Application
Hello I am Mona ali, I am developing  a project for HR Management.There is a bank with a lot of people information and about 40 users will work with this bank.  I dont know if  it would be better to design this project in web our windows apllication. Please guide me ASAP! Thanks Mona A windows application would be more secure if the data will be sensitiveMark this post as 'Answer' if (answer == true)Construction Software : www.proccm.comHomeowners place to find contractors www.benspost.org Hi could you be more specific as to your requirements....

Difference B/W windows mobile application & web mobile application
Hi    i want differnce betwwen windows mobile application , web mobile  & smart device application . if anybody know about this post message to me.     From, Guru...

Web application Vs Window application
Hi Everyone,I have no problem to build websites and web applications using ASP.NET 2.0 with C#. Now I want to learn to build window applications using ASP.NET with C#. My question is: Is it hard to learn to build window applications using ASP.NET with C# ?Also, any good books/tutorials for beginner to learn to build window applications using ASP.NET 2.0 with C# ?thanks,may Check out http://windowsclient.net/ for a great site on smart client programming.  Also ASP.Net is for web only so you will be using .Net and C#  Philip Beadle (MVP, MCAD, MCT DotNetNuke Core Team) ...

opening windows application from web application
hi i'm new to this forum. hi to everyone. i want to open a windows application from my web application i did that by using process start method. but button click event in windows application is not firing.. suggest me.. asap Welcome to the forums I didnt understand your question. First you need to tell us where the windows application is located (on the server or on the client side). If it is on the server, check Execute exe application in ASP.NET. If the application is on the client side, you can't run it due to security issues. However, try to search for an activeX contro...

how to connect a windows application to web application
Dear,  I have a windows application and have to manage a database located in an internet server from my windows application. please help me......... Web services would be an option.The web service would act as a broker between the windows app the internet-based database.  It would do the necessary communication of querying and sending data back to the windows app.Hope this provides some insight.- Jesse Jesse WilliamsPlease mark 'Answered' if my post was able to assist you. Thank you sir, But i had not used the web srvice You can check out this article on web serv...

converting a windows applications to a web application
hi, i need guidance on how to convert a windwos application to a web application.  i'm a newbie to .NET. thanks, brad Brad,I am afraid that this is too general of a question, but I will attempt to help if possible. If  your winform app is written in .NET then the data layer is probably reuseable. You will of course have to build entirely new forms in XHTML and replace the controls accordingly. Also, you will have to use Session variables to keep your state verses it just being there for you on the desktop. I think that one of the most important things when going from Win to We...

Advantages of web applications over windows applications
Hi, I need to find information about the advantages that have web applications over windows applications. I been searching the web for some info but I couldn’t find any. Any help will be appreciated. lexian:I need to find information about the advantages that have web applications over windows applications. Web and Windows applications are fundamentally different and neither are better than the other, rather they would be suited/geared towards certain scenarios.The basic design on a web application is that the application sits on a web server, and all users will access it via a we...

Web Application vs Windows Application
HiWhen someone want to develop an application he will have to decide wheather it is web application or windows application. Can u tell me what are the advantage of web application over the windows application and vice versa. In other words, we are about to develop application and to be used only inside one department, should we create web application or windows application provided that we have the skills to develp in both approachRegards  itismesa wrote: to be used only inside one departmentI see it this way: one department, all PCs are connected through LAN - so it's Win app.disclam...

Call a web application from a windows application
HiI have 2 seperate projects: A web application in ASP.NET and a windows application in C#.I want to be able to open the web app from the windows app. What is the most elegant way to do it? Look into the System.Net.WebRequest and System.Net.WebResponse classes. I believe that there are even samples in VS Help on doing what you want.NC... i do it once a long a go time you can use this code as an exampleSystem.Diagnostics.Process.Start("C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\IExplore.exe","www.microsoft.com");also you read a bout process class from the msdn or microsoft onlin msdnthere is ...

How to Call a Window Application from Web Application
 How to call a windows application from a web application. For Example,In orkut.com, when we click on the green button (Online), GTalk application got invoked. Can anyone please let me know how to do that? Also, i need to know the technical name of this scenario.Please refer some good articles!  Thanks in Advance!!!Srinivasan I don't remember the name of the technology doing this, but basically what you have to do, is the desktop application, during its install (with a Windows Installer or something), has to associate a protocol with itself... for example, you have stuff lik...

add windows application to web application
I want to add a windows application to my webapplication, is it possible? can you tell me how to do this? thank you Hi, this can be done and it's a so called smart client. Take a look at this article for more information on how to create one: Hosting a Windows Control in a Web Form. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. you can do this... go through this link.... http://www.beansoftware.com/ASP.NET-Tutorials/Place-Windows-Control-To-Web-Form.aspxChinna_sv... I need to to know if it is possible to add a...

How to deploy .Net Windows/Web applications
Hello can anyone please advise me guide me how to deploy .Net Windows/Web applications. I know how to do basic deployment but i want to know more about database connection string, Support files specific to application.   Please help--------ThanksSK Hi there,Database connections will not change too much, you will only need to change the Uid,password, server and sometimes database name.you can also create a setup file which will setup all the things. check out these:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/818016 http://15seconds.com/issue/041229.htm http://www.microsoft.com/tec...

merge windows application with web application
hi all : I just wanna know how to merge windows application (with a local database server) ,with a web application (with a remote server) ,using XML web services ,and make the data on the remote server up-to-date.please i need a great details... thank for your time Check out my article on DotNetJunkies, I think it will help you accomplish what you're saying....

Converting from windows application to web application!
Hi friends   I want to convert web application written in VB6.0 into Web Application using ASP.NET2.0.  Can any one give some tips or guidance how to approach this? How to start this application? Your input is appreciated.  Thanks Regards Bindu They are really two different things... I'd recommend the following... First, look at how you want to design your website to improve or duplicate the similar functionality you already have in your pc app. While a pc and web app are different, your class library code that does the interaction with databases and man...

Converting a VS 2005 Web Application to a VS .NET 2003 Web Application
Well it seems that I am going against the stream here, but one of our clients wants the web application I wrote in Visual Studio 2005 to be deployed using Visual Studio .NET 2003. What's the best way to go about this without rewriting the whole dang thing? I would probably create a new 2003 project, copy all of your aspx and other files into it, attempt a build and see what happens.  If you didn't use a lot of the new controls (like membership, personalization, masterpages etc, then you will probably be ok with just minor changes.  If you did rely on a lot of the newer c...

Unable to open existing Web application or create web application from Visual Studio.Net
I reinstalled MS office this morning. All of sudden, I can neither open existing web application nor create new Web application. The symptom is the same as described in thread: http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=417541 or http://www.dotnetcoders.com/web/Articles/ShowArticle.aspx?article=57 Tried every suggestion. Still can't do anything. When I tried to check server extention, I got following error message: can't open file "fontpg.lck" for writing Do anyone has any suggestion? Could anyone tell me what permission should I set? I added A...

Exporting Windows Application to Web Application
Hi, I've heard about this possibility. Althought I've thought this was stupid, I thought nothing better than change oppinios with those who work on the same field.  Imagine you have a windows application made in VS .Net 2005 VB, and your boss wants to make the same behaviour but on Web. From its words, he had heard that there is an option to export Windows Application to Web Application - Windows to ASP.Net - is this real?Is really an option to do this?Or had he just heard wrong or someone did not told this exactly ok to him? I've told him that's probably impossible, however nothin...

Web resources about - Communicating with windows application & web application - asp.net.networking-webservices

Posterior communicating artery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... cerebrum and a portion of the cerebellar hemisphere have been removed on the right side. In human anatomy , the left and right posterior communicating ...

Tuenti: Another way of communicating on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Tuenti: Another way of communicating. Download Tuenti: Another ...

Official Xperia™ Ear video at MWC 2016. Discover a new way of communicating from Sony - YouTube
Discover more at www.sonymobile.com/xperia-ear Explore the world of Xperia at http://www.sonymobile.com/xperia Introducing the official preview ...

Alan Alda communicating science at the ANU
Alan Alda is turning his talents to communicating the value of science – and he will do so in partnership with the Australian National ...

Aggrieved Indonesia says Australia not communicating on border protection and asylum seeker issues
Indonesia has again criticised Australia over a lack of communication on border and refugee issues and taken a swipe at the continuation of offshore ...

Smart governments realise they must find new ways of communicating
The government is unable to get its message across and its frustration is growing.

Scientists are hopeless at communicating
Science is fallible and should be questioned and debated by everyone, but this can't happen if scientists don't communicate properly.

China communicating with parties on easing Korean tensions: FM spokesman
China communicating with parties on easing Korean tensions: FM spokesman People's Daily Online "China has maintained close communication with ...

Reuters: Tim Cook and Google’s Larry Page are communicating on patents
Apple CEO Tim Cook and Google CEO Larry Page are reportedly in talks regarding mobile patent disputes between the companies. According to Reuters, ...

Why Are The Lawyers Pestering Us? Communicating About Law And Compliance
Write and speak comprehensibly as a lawyer, and more people will listen to your message.