Calling remote web services hosted on a different web site

I have an aspx. page which references to a webservice hosted on a different site as below. It doesn't work. Any thoughts.

Thanks
-Sundaresan

<
head runat="server">
    <title>Untitled Page</title>
    <atlas:Script ID="Script4" runat="server" Path="~/ScriptLibrary/AtlasCore.js" />
     <!-- get the proxy -->
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://localhost:8078/WIWebService.asmx/js">
    </script>

    <script type="text/javascript">

    function GetItemByID() {

        var wi = document.getElementById("txtitem").value;

        alert(wi);

        MyService.Test.MyWebService.GetItemByID(wi, OnWSRequestComplete);  à This doesn’t work. Getting an error ‘MyService is undefined’.     }

    function OnWSRequestComplete(result) {
        var searchResults = document.getElementById("searchResults");
        searchResults.control.set_data(result);
    }

    </script>

</head>

0
Sundarv
11/14/2005 11:07:19 PM
asp.net.networking-webservices 2181 articles. 0 followers. Follow

What do you see when you browse to "http://localhost:8078/WIWebService.asmx/js"?
You should see a JavaScript proxy generated by the webservice. If you
don't, then this means that the application in which the webservice is
running is not configured to be using the Atlas webservice handler.
This handler extends the default webservice handler, by adding support
for generating the JavaScript proxy, which Atlas relies on.

Please look at the web.config of an Atlas enabled webapplication - it should have a <httpHandlers> section in which it is configured. You should have a similar definition in the web.config of your webservice.

- Wilco Bauwer (MSFT) / http://www.wilcob.com
0
WilcoB

Exception while calling .NET web service | System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
Hi,   We have written a .NET web service which retrieves an xml file from the database. This web service is SSL secured and requires client certificates for connection.   Problem: The web service is throwing an exception while retrieving large files. It works fine when the file size is around 1 MB, but fails with a file size of around 65 MB with the following exception: System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (1, 38455668). ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: ...

difference of calling web services and calling web page
Dear all,  What is the difference of call a web services instead of calling a aspx page which is also programming can accept parameters and return results? Webservice -- Soap protocol Webapplication  -- HTTP protocol Webservices are of two Major types Xml & SOAP HttpWebServices Basic difference is in usage and implementation. We use a webservice inside a website. it is added as a reference or we can call it through HttpWebRequests and Response objects. Webpages are the components that have presentation and logic, while web services provide the service that we...

Ajax call web services failed after convert web site into web project
Hi Guys I have one web site application and use ajax call web services. it is working very well. 1. Master page set up scriptmanager with webservices path. 2. Web service inside web site application under app_code named ajaxwebservice.cs 3. Javascript call ret=ajaxwebservice.method(id, oncomplete(),ontimeout(),onerror()); But after I convert web site into web application project, the ret=ajaxwebservice.method(id, oncomplete(),ontimeout(),onerror()); failed, the ajaxwebservice in undifined error. I use the same web.config, master page, I put my ajaxwebservice.asmx and ajaxwebservic...

Calling a web service from a web site
Hello, I have a dilemma that I know has to be easy to solve, but I just haven't searched in the right place or thought of it from the right perspective. Basically, I have a web service that requires authentication to call, and a web site that requires authentication to view. The web services represent a general list of functions (add new record, update record, delete record, etc.) and the website gives the standard UI to do those functions. My problem is that I want the user to log in to the web site with their user/pass. They will then see all the content based on his/her role (that p...

Ajax error calling Web Service from Web Application Project vs Web Site
I am implementing the code from the Asp.Net Ajax Video Demo “How Do I: Make Client-Side Network Callbacks with ASP.NET AJAX?”  The Web page is generating a javascript error (‘SimpleService’ is undefined) and is unable to recognize the Web service.  The downloaded examples work, however I have created the Demo (both the page and the web service) in a Web Application Project, rather than a Web Site.  The demo uses a Web site.  Because of this the page does not recognize the Web service. To ask the question another way: What needs to be done differently in a Web Service...

C# web service and web site hosting
I have developed a web service and consuming web site using asp.net 2.0 with visual studio 2005. I was wondering if there's any free web hosts I could host my service and website on?  you can try http://www.discountasp.net/ free for 3 month.Girijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ hi, My advice is to test and find reliable hosting provider for a good cost - $5 - $20 per month, also many hosting companies provides Money Back Guarantee. RegardsWindows Hosting ASP.NET | Top ASP.NET Hosts | Dedicated Windows Hosting You could try AspSpider.net for testing to make sure ever...

How to call .net web service from Java web application?
Hi all,  I have a vb .net web service.How do i call .net web service from Java web application?What all resources I need?Can you please provide a sample application where a java application is invoking methods of .net web service? Thank you Hi, First I am not familiar with java language, but web services are universal operating system and language independent. It doesn't matter where the services is or in what language is written you just invoke it  and it gives you "replay".  Probably you must reffer to java consuming web services.   Regard...

Can you call a web service from a web service?
I am trying to create a web service that itself consumes a 3rd party web service outside of our corporate firewall - so basically a web service consuming another web service.  I can consume this outside web service directly in an ASP.NET application without a problem.  But because the code is long and cumbersome, I wanted to provide our GUI developers an easy way to get all of the data they need from one source.  So I thought I could create an internal web service that would do a lot of things (query internal systems, for example) as well as consuming this external service.&nb...

DynamicPopulateExtender: Web Service call failed: 12152, Web Service call failed: 12031
Hi, I'm using a DynamicPopulateExtender to take the value of a SELECT dropdown and pass it to an onpage web service (defined with <System.Web.Services.WebMethod()> _ '<System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptMethod()>) and as PUBLIC SHARED FUNCTION myfunction(contextKey as string) as string. The function returns the html for a listbox. Everything seems to fire properly on the client but when the web service is called by the Javascript function, I get Web Service call failed: 12152 or Web Service call failed: 12031 Any pointers would be appreciated.  Do...

Web services added as web applications are being converted to web sites
We have a somewhat large solution that we are converting from VS.NET 2003 to 2005 (using web application projects).The conversion has been going very well until recently.  Basically, one of the other developers converted a number of web services to 2005 web services as web applications.  When he loads the solution that contains these projects, it loads and builds fine. Other developers can load the solution successfully and build as well.  When I try to load this solution, VS.NET 2005 checks out the .sln file as well as all of the folders these web service projects reside in.&...

Web resources about - Calling remote web services hosted on a different web site - asp.net.networking-webservices

Vine arrives on Apple Watch, adds new discovery tool for iPhone
Vine has arrived on the Apple Watch, allowing users to browse their “Favorites” as well as Featured content from the comfort of their wrist. ...

Fearmongering Ted Cruz Surges In Polls After Paris Attacks
Ah yes, the Iowa evangelicals. That selectively-informed voting bloc that selected Michele Bachmann in the 2011 Iowa Straw Poll! Unfortunately, ...

'Star Wars': Chrome's spoiler blocker is overkill
New Chrome extension designed to block 'Star Wars' spoilers takes out even non-revealing news stories.

Who are the Turkmen rebels who claim to have killed 2 Russian pilots?
Turkmen rebels in Syria have claimed responsibility for shooting dead two Russian pilots who ejected from a military plane as it plunged towards ...

Blue Origin Makes History by Landing Its Reusable ‘New Shepherd’ Rocket After Reaching Space
The private spaceflight company Blue Origin has made history on by landing a reusable New Shepherd rocket after if flew to space , reaching an ...

And then there were two: Another dangerous Dell root certificate discovered
The plot thickens: After Dell confirmed that one of its support tools installed a dangerous self-signed root certificate and private key on computers, ...

Richard Dawkins Compares Ahmed Mohamed To ISIS Child Soldier
Richard Dawkins is backpedaling after he posted a tweet Tuesday that compared "clock kid" Ahmed Mohamed to an Islamic State child soldier who ...

Google's Internet-spreading Project Loon balloons now fly for three months straight
Google is succeeding in keeping high-altitude balloons aloft in the stratosphere for more than three months at a time a key goal in its ambitious ...

Windows 10 uninstalling user programs without permission
Windows 10 is a decent operating system, but it’s very much a work in progress, and one that’s definitely not without problems. It has some very ...

The Latest: Indiana Governor Stands by Syrian Refugee Order
The Latest: Indiana Gov. Pence standing by his order halting of Syrian refugee settlement