Ajax call web services failed after convert web site into web project

Hi Guys

I have one web site application and use ajax call web services. it is working very well.

1. Master page set up scriptmanager with webservices path.

2. Web service inside web site application under app_code named ajaxwebservice.cs

3. Javascript call

ret=ajaxwebservice.method(id, oncomplete(),ontimeout(),onerror());

But after I convert web site into web application project, the

ret=ajaxwebservice.method(id, oncomplete(),ontimeout(),onerror());

failed, the ajaxwebservice in undifined error.

I use the same web.config, master page, I put my ajaxwebservice.asmx and ajaxwebservice.asmx.cs at root level.

The javascript call still can't find my web service, any one has idea?

Thanks in advance

Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post(s) that helped you.
0
TonyDong
2/15/2008 12:40:00 AM
asp.net.networking-webservices 2181 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Your first site was probably based on an Ajax-enabled Web Site Template, and your web application is probably not Ajax-enabled.  You'll have to make sure that the new web.config has all of the necessary entries to support AJAX.

When you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered" when you get a reply which answers your question.

My latest ASP.NET AJAX blog entries.
0
DisturbedBuddha

Ajax error calling Web Service from Web Application Project vs Web Site
I am implementing the code from the Asp.Net Ajax Video Demo “How Do I: Make Client-Side Network Callbacks with ASP.NET AJAX?”  The Web page is generating a javascript error (‘SimpleService’ is undefined) and is unable to recognize the Web service.  The downloaded examples work, however I have created the Demo (both the page and the web service) in a Web Application Project, rather than a Web Site.  The demo uses a Web site.  Because of this the page does not recognize the Web service. To ask the question another way: What needs to be done differently in a Web Service...

Converting web site project to web application in vs 2008
I am converting web site project into web applicatio project in vs 2008 and running into web reference related issue.  I am not so sure how to address this.  Our old web site application had app_webreferences folder with AllServices as sub folder and then all of the web services under that folder. for example:  AllServices\AService.wsdl  AllServices\BService.wsdl   AllServices\CService.wsdl   etc... our code references AllServices.BService in the code or AllServices.AService etc...  It seems like when I Right Clicked on web application project and clicked "Convert to Web Application" it did not do anything as to adding web reference. I guess I can add it manually but the problem I am having is how do I create subfolder called AllServices under web reference and put all web services (AService, Bservice, CService) in that one folder to minimize some of code changes.   It seems like in WebSite apllication the proxy class that was generated was just one because it was under AllService folder.  I essentially want to duplicate that in Web Applicaton project.  Anyhelp would be appreciated.   Thanks. Hi, You need to re-add these web services in your new Web Application. Before migrating any code into your new Web Application Project (using "Convert to Web Application"), you should first setup assembly references for it, such as add Service Reference. You also need to ma...

Converting Web Site to Web Application (AJAX web service goes missing)
I have just completed (almost) an exercise to convert a web site to a web app (acedemic reasons - just to see the differences).A few bumps on the road such as copying class files to the new solution and wondering for a while why the classes did not show up.  It was because the properties for the class file were "content" rather than "compile".  Also copied all my images to a newly created image folder outside the IDE.  There is no context menu item to refresh a folder in the Web App so it was out of the car and back in to fix that.One problem remains. ...

DynamicPopulateExtender: Web Service call failed: 12152, Web Service call failed: 12031
Hi, I'm using a DynamicPopulateExtender to take the value of a SELECT dropdown and pass it to an onpage web service (defined with <System.Web.Services.WebMethod()> _ '<System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptMethod()>) and as PUBLIC SHARED FUNCTION myfunction(contextKey as string) as string. The function returns the html for a listbox. Everything seems to fire properly on the client but when the web service is called by the Javascript function, I get Web Service call failed: 12152 or Web Service call failed: 12031 Any pointers would be appreciated.  Do...

Web services added as web applications are being converted to web sites
We have a somewhat large solution that we are converting from VS.NET 2003 to 2005 (using web application projects).The conversion has been going very well until recently.  Basically, one of the other developers converted a number of web services to 2005 web services as web applications.  When he loads the solution that contains these projects, it loads and builds fine. Other developers can load the solution successfully and build as well.  When I try to load this solution, VS.NET 2005 checks out the .sln file as well as all of the folders these web service projects reside in.&...

web web web

Problem in converting Ajax based web site to Ajax based web application project
hi, i faced a problem in converting Ajax based web site project to Ajax based web application project  .i got  build errors of script manager,update panel,update progress whereever i use these controls in my applocation even i have already added all the respective dll files needed for this     In vplayer.designer.cs declaration of class as folllowing way:   public partial class VPlayer { protected System.Web.UI.ScriptManager scriptmanager1; protected System.Web.UI.UpdatePanel UpdatePanel1; protected System.Web.UI.UpdateProgress Updat...

web service call failed: 500 using ajax hovermenu and web service with ascx file
I am using a hovermenu extender on an image button. The hovemenu extender calls a web service and returns back information that I write to the panel that displays. A portion of the code is below. This works when the Page is an aspx page but when I move it to an ascx page I get web service call failed. I do have the ascx page in a folder called controls/pages off of the root but both the default.aspx page and the bedinfo.asmx page are on the root. I don't think I have a path problem. I can include more complete code, there are actually 50 images with 50 hovermenu extenders and one p...

'web service call failed: 500' using ajax hovermenu and web service
Hi there, I'm using a hovermenuextender attached to a templatefield of a gridview, and everything seemed to work fine.. however I've moved on to add dynamic attributes to the hovermenu. Now I get the error "web service call failed: 500" in place of the output I want (on the hovermenu's panel). When accessing the web service I created (directly through the browser) everything works fine.. here's my hovermenuextender dynamic attributes DynamicContextKey='<%=eval("refnumber") %>' DynamicServiceMethod="GetS...

Convert VB.Net Web Site to Web Application Project
I am working with Visual Studio Pro SP1 and had some problems converting an old VB.Net web site into a VB.Net Web Application Project.  I followed the advice offered here ( http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration2/Migration2.aspx ), but ran into a...

Convert VB.Net Web Site to Web Application Project
 I am working with Visual Studio Pro SP1 and had some problems converting an old VB.Net web site into a VB.Net Web Application Project.  I followed the advice offered here ( http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration2/Migration2.aspx ), but ran into a few kinks when using the process on a VB project.  The Problem:After creating a new Web Application Project, copying in the old files, and running the "Convert to Web Application Project" process, the site would no longer build.  Any classes stored in the "Old_App_Code" folder (previously named...

Converting a Web Application Project to a Web Site Project
I converted a VS 2003 web application to VS 2005 using the Web Application Project model.  Is it possible to convert this to a Web Site Project once it is upgraded to VS 2005? We don't have any automated tools to convert from VS2005 WAP to Websites.  If you really prefer to use the website model, I would recommend converting directly from VS2003 to Websites.  To do that you can open the VS2003 app using the "Open Website" command.Omar KhanVisual Web Developer Team I thought you were going to say that.  I have spent quite a bit of time getting rid of most of the warnin...

Converting a Web Site Project to a Web Application Project ?
I upgraded my .NET 1.1 apps to Web Site Projects long before this add on was released and was wondering if there's  a way to convert these Web Site Projects to Web Application Projects because I really did like the old way of just uploading one dll to the web server when updates came around.   Is there a way to do this?In this world there are 10 types of people, those that know binary and those who don't. Here are a couple of tutorials that describe how to do this: C# - http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration2/Migration2.aspx VB - http://webproject.scottgu.com/VisualBa...

Converting an existing web project to an Ajax web project
Does anyone know what is the easiest way to convert an existing web project in Visual Studio 2005 to an Ajax 1.0 toolkit enabled web project.  Is it as simple as copying some files into the bin directory or is it more complicated?  Any feedback or tutorials would be appreciated.   Thanks,  BC  Remember to mark any post that is helpful as an answer and change posts status to Resolved to help others in the future. cheers,BChttp://voidimpossible.com   Very useful video http://www.asp.net/learn/videos/view.aspx?tabid=63&id=81 you wil...

Calling a web service from a web site
Hello, I have a dilemma that I know has to be easy to solve, but I just haven't searched in the right place or thought of it from the right perspective. Basically, I have a web service that requires authentication to call, and a web site that requires authentication to view. The web services represent a general list of functions (add new record, update record, delete record, etc.) and the website gives the standard UI to do those functions. My problem is that I want the user to log in to the web site with their user/pass. They will then see all the content based on his/her role (that p...

Problem calling Web Service using the DynamicPopulate Extender
Hi, I'm quite new to ASP.Net AJAX so please forgive my ignorance.  I have downloaded and installed the RC1 version and am following through some of the tutorial videos.  I am having a problem with the Dynamic Populate Extender example.  I have created some asp controls with onclick events calling a javascript function.  From there I am attempting to use a dynamic populate extender control to call a web service - it's a function declared on that ASPX page as the tutorial explains in necessary and decorated with the System.Web.Services.WebMEthod AND System.Web.Script.Serv...

How to convert an existing web site to AJAX-Enabled Web Site
I have a large Web Site and I would like to start using some of the new AJAX tools.  Is there an easy clean way to AJAX-Enable my web site? I tried copying all everything out of the bin folder of a new AJAX-Enable web site into my existing site but it does not seem to be working.  I am in VS 2005 using vb.net.  Thanks, Chad Hi,What you did so far is good, there is one more step needed. Start a new Ajax project, and examine carefully it's web.config. Compare it with your one and add sections (in appropriate places) related to ajax. Best regards,Andrei...

Troubleshoot Web Service; Ajax AutoComplete events do not appear to not fire; Ajax web service appears to not work. .NET
Folks, I had the situation that Ajax AutoComplete events in the web service did not fire after I copied a project out of a folder, renamed it and moved it to a server. The fix was hard to find but easy to solve. I had some web service modules in an ASMX file that provided AutoComplete entries -- i.e., after the user keys in 2 or 3 characters, the list of possible entries with those leading characters is displayed for the user to select. To solve the problem, look at the web service's directive, not the code-behind or the ASMX designer.  Do a right-mouse-click...

Cannot call a web service from java script using ajax in .net 3.5 web applications
As like 2005 .net websites i tried to consume a web service from client side java script  using Ajax script manager in  .net 3.5 (2008) version web application it was not working, Event it works with 3.5 web sites, What i have to do to solve the issue. Thanks in advance Hi, can you create the least amount of code to reproduce it and post it? This gives us the ability to check out your code and better guide you. Also please check out this article: Create a Simple WCF Web Service and Use In JavaScript With Visual Studio 2008 and .Net 3.5.  Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Fire...

Converting a nonAJAX-enabled web site to an AJAX-enabled web site
I've discovered some great AJAX tools I'd like to use in a web site I'm building, but the problem is, I did not start this project as an AJAX-enabled site. Unfortunately, I've got roughly 100 hours into this site and don't want to scrap the entire project and start fresh.  Is there a way to "convert" my existing ASP.NET site into an AJAX-enabled site to utilize the AJAX toolkit?  BTW... I'm using Visual Studio 2005 and all pages are in VB.  Once you install ajax extensions for vs 2005, you should get the  option to create a new projec...

how to convert a web application project to a web site
 I need to convert a web application project to a web site.  Is there a conversion program or process available? THXCurt  Easiest way will be to create a blank website, copy all files from web application to new website and change the page directive of all aspx pages.  Rgds,Neolsoft~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Mark as Answer if it helps you~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ THX!...

Web resources about - Ajax call web services failed after convert web site into web project - asp.net.networking-webservices

Public Broadcasting Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... such as PBS NewsHour , Masterpiece , and Frontline . Since the mid-2000s, Roper polls commissioned by PBS have consistently placed the service ...

Michaelia Cash takes aim at public service's 'old boys network'
APS "Old boys" dominating appointments to government boards, according to Employment Minister Michaelia Cash.

Opinion: Could Google’s Hands Free payment be the one mobile wallet service to challenge Apple Pay?
There have been many attempts at mobile wallet products over the years, from letting your phone simulate a swipe of your magnetic strip through ...

How to Develop Integrated Social Customer Service Strategies
... interact with brands. Just as marketers have to meet consumers wherever they are, consumers have the same expectation of their customer service ...

IBM sues Groupon, saying it infringes patents related to 1990s Prodigy service
... out a pending patent. IBM has acquired more US patents than any other company for 23 years in a row. (Jared Lazarus/Feature Photo Service for ...

Log PC activity in real time with Event Monitor Service
Security vendor NoVirusThanks has released Event Monitor Service (EMSvc), a Windows application which logs key system events in real time. The ...

Technology is disrupting the financial services industry — here's how
Technology is upending workflow and processes in the financial services industry. Tasks once handled with paper money, bulky computers, and human ...

China's service sector growth slows in Feb
China's services industry — the biggest contributor to GDP — expanded in February but the pace of growth slowed, according to a survey.

IBM sues Groupon for infringing its patents, including from Prodigy online service
IBM has sued online deals marketplace Groupon for infringing four of its patents, including two that emerged from Prodigy, the online service ...

CenturyLink Testing New Streaming Video Service in Four Markets -
CenturyLink has announced it's conducting trials in four markets of a new over-the-top streaming video service in four markets. Centurylink did ...