Wizard Control - Validation Control!

I have a wizard control. I some steps i want to disable the Causes Validation of the StepNextButton and for other steps i want to enable. When i convert the StepNextButton to template and set CausesValidation to false, its applied to all the steps. How could i control the properties of the Next Previous buttons of different steps and set the properties individually?

Thanks

Mark post(s) as "Answer" that helped you

Electronic Screw
Website||Blog||Dub@i.net
0
e_screw

Link into one of the events that fire when the step changes. Then check to see if its a step that you want to disable validation. So if it is, use the FindControl() method to the next prev buttons. Then change the causes validation property

James

James Hearst
.NET Application Developer
0
bluemistonline

Custom Control within a Control Control

How to access a user control from another user control in a Wizard control
My page has a wizard control and each step is a user control.  I could find the value of a control in step1 user control in the wizard page but not in step2 user control.From wizard.aspx.vb – it worksDim m_title As DropDownList = CType(Me.PersonalBox1.FindControl("ddlTitle1"), DropDownList) Question:How can I find the value of a control(textbox or dropdownlist)in step1 user control from step2 user control? I want to find “PersonalBox1.FindControl("ddlTitle1")” from Step2 AddressBox1. I have tried several ways to access it but no luck. From AddressBox.ascx.vb –...

Button control in wizard Control
hi all, Gud day to you... i have used a wizard for an application.. i placed a button name '<<back' at run time.. i can show the attributes of the button which i gave in the design page... <asp:Button ID="StepBackButton" runat="server" BackColor="White" BorderColor="#507CD1" BorderStyle="Solid" BorderWidth="1px" CausesValidation="False" CommandName="MovePrevious" Font-Names="Verdana" Font-Size="0.8em" ForeColor="#284E98" Text="<<Back" Visi...

Formview control with in Wizard control
I have a wizard control in which it promts the user if he is a delaer or customer. on next step it displays the result. Results are almost same for both dealer and customer but for customer I need to remove few things. How can I take care of this? one thing I can do is create unique steps for dealer and customer. There shoud be a work around just to hide few items. With in formcontrol I am using table? How can I have different color for each row and column within form to make is easy for user to read? Is there some template property I need to use for form? you can use wizard step events...

How do you control the placement of controls in a user define control
I have a user define control.  I put the control on the (C# Visual Studio 2008) page where I want them. When I run the program, the controls are all over the page.  How do I place them where they do not move form where I put them? You'll need to study the HTML output and see what it's producing, then start to look at how to do an HTML layout. hi, there are absolute and Relative position in html. I guess you must use relative position. For example, at design-time, you place a TextBox below an Image, at run-time, no matter what size is the image, the TextBox is alway bel...

Trying to load a control into a control from another control
Exactly as the subject states, I'm trying to load a control into another control from a control loaded into a page, I keep getting this error from the code I have below. I've also tried the findcontrol but it keeps coming up null. (67): 'System.Web.UI.UserControl' denotes a 'class' where a 'variable' was expected UserControl ut = ((webcontrols.BrowseItems)UserControl).LoadControl("BrowseItems"); ((webcontrols.BrowseItems)UserControl).pnl_browse_main.Controls.Add(ut); This is how we Load User controls into a content place holder. try { UserCont...

Passing Controls to Controls
I have built a very simple DropDown control similar to what Microsoft uses on their website, and the one listed in the control gallery. This control exposes 2 properties, Title and Text. The code looks something like this: <script> Public PassedTitle as String Public PassedText as String .... .... MyText.Text=PassedText </script> .... .... <asp:Literal id="MyText" /> I also have another control that scans the DB at my workplace and pulls up the last 10 articles that have been posted to the knowledgebase and lists their titles and h...

Control InkPicture
Hi! Which Control is used by the InkPicture in PB. Is it the RichInk Control of Microsoft? ...

controlling user controls
I'm starting an app. I'm using a usercontrol for a template. In my "template" I have a usercontrol that at times displays a login form. In this usercontrol is a link to the register page. Currently, my register page works by just calling my register user control in the main content area of the template. I'd like to cut out the register.aspx so that the link simply tells the other area on my page to display the register.ascx. So that I don't have several pages... just one default.aspx. How do I do this? I'm thinking the template.ascx will have a placeholder in the main...

The menu control is out of my control
Here's my situation, I've been searching for about 2 weeks to try to do this without any luck. My limited knowledge of ASP doesn't help but I should have found an answer by now because it seems so simple. So here it is. I'm using the menu control and the CSS Friendly Control Adapters 2.0 to make it a bit easier to apply CSS to. ShowStartingNode is set to false because I want to see the whole menu. I have the menu just how I want it. Now, I want to be able to hide certain nodes in the menu. Not so users cant access them (some people have suggested using access control but this...

More Birth Control Controls
they just can't stop http://www.aclu.org/blog/reproductive-freedom/use-birth-control-youre-fired <quote> First, a bill that gives immunity to doctors who lie to couples about the results of their prenatal tests in order to prevent them from getting an abortion. Now, a bill that would give your boss the green light to fire you for using birth control. You think I am kidding? I wish. For a decade now, Arizona insurance companies have been required to provide coverage for contraception just like other prescriptions. But, because they saw an opening to score some polit...

Energy-Control out of control !
Hello there! Since a while,the energy-saver shuts down the screen after 10 minutes,some time ago,it happens after half an hour,but I didn�t set it up in that orders !It makes me nervous,short time away from the comp,and soon the screen is dark! And the screensaver will not appear any more,too.I tried to enlarge the times in the energy-manager,created a new profile,switched off the laptopmode-service, nothing helps!And it seems,if there is no possibility to set one of the profiles up, they can only be changed,deleted or newly created. Is there really no place to force it to the ...

Calling controls from controlls
ok lets see how i do this my pages are calling 2 diferent controls ctrlNav and ctrBbody  Now what i need is that the ctrlNav calls a function on the ctrBbody.   how i call it from the page is. ctrBbody.Speech = "Hello! Word"; Thanks for all the helpyou know the code will allways work Hi, Define a public variable of type ctrlBody in your ctrlNav. In your page assign this ctrlBody to this variable, now inside your control navigation you can use this variable and call any function on ctrlBody  Please mark post as answer if it helped youMy Blog how would...

"Wizard Control" & "Navigational Controls" /help>
Hi, I would like to know if I can use the Wizard Control to create a multiple tabbed interface for my Web Site? I also would like to know if anyone can direct me to some info/article to explain how I can create custom owner drawn menus using the menu control. [like creating a menu GUI for my menu control] or would themes and skinning be applicable to this situation. Which I may not  understand completely which is why I am asking this question ? Thanks for your time! -will,Look way deep inside yourself; Find your diamond and unbury your wealth. Hello. Normally the wizard control is...

Web resources about - Wizard Control - Validation Control! - asp.net.navigation-controls

Cross-validation (statistics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
is a model validation technique for assessing how the results of a statistical analysis will generalize to an independent data set. It is mainly ...

Serena Williams eyes history, Caroline Wozniacki craves validation in women's US Open final
As Serena Williams eyes another slice of tennis history, Caroline Wozniacki is craving validation with a watershed US Open final triumph on Sunday ...

Travers Duncan asks High Court to strike down ICAC validation laws
ICAC could be sent back to the High Court as a challenge to new laws validating corruption findings looms.

Adam Scott proclaims Texas win as validation of No.1 ranking
... No.1 golfer, beating American Jason Dufner in the third hole of a play-off at the Colonial event. "It's a good feeling and maybe some validation ...

Hollande to sign gay marriage bill after Constitutional Council's validation
Hollande to sign gay marriage bill after Constitutional Council's validation People's Daily Online ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31. Jan, Feb, Mar, ...

Marketers, Get Ready for the 'Validation Era'
The public brands included has been engaging in a "friends" arms race. But there are signs that we know we overdid it.

Validation and Uncertainty
What an extraordinary conversation I had recently on Twitter. It started with Neil Killick’s statement that we should not consider our stories ...

Nvidia Icera 410 LTE Modem Passes AT&T Network Validation
... Today's news is a small step and logical precursor toward both goals, Nvidia's Icera 410 LTE and HSPA+ baseband has passed AT&T's network validation ...

Ting’s Q1 Subscriber Growth Suffers from Sprint’s New Unlocking Validation Process
Back in February, Sprint updated the process it uses to validate unlocked devices that customers want to utilize on other carriers or one of ...

[Android M Feature Spotlight] Stricter APK Validation Now Actually Checks If All Of An APK's Files Are ...
While you might file this one under "really? We weren't doing this already?" if you're a security expert, Google has added stricter validation ...