with a theme set in a child page, setting attributes of a control in the master page don't work

I have noticed that if I dont't use a theme in a child page, the attributes such as bold, font-size, color of a control flow through from the Master Page.

For example, if I have a label in a master page that has attributes set, it will show correctly when linking with the child pages if I don't have a theme for the child page, if I do have a them set, it shows standard black text with a default font.

 Any help would be very much appreicated.

0
JAYHAWKER

 well, in your theme you might be overwrinting styles, more specially, the stylesheet. And if you're using skind, same issue.

Look for the generated page sources to identify the styles used on each case.

regards,

mauro

0
Mauro_net
12/12/2008 6:39:42 PM

Is there a flag that I can se that will keep the theme from overwriting stylesheet?

0
JAYHAWKER
12/12/2008 8:28:17 PM

Hi JAYHAWKER,

So far as I know, there is no a flag can do this, but I think you can try to change the theme dynamically to do this, if you want to know how to change themes dynammically, please refer this demo,

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/dynamicThemes.aspx

Hong-Gang Chen
Microsoft Online Community Support
Hong

How to set a Master Page's control's property through content page on a postback event?
Hi all, i m using a master page in my application. i have a panel on master page and a tab container with three tab panels on content page. i want to set/change  the visibility of the panel control when the tab is changed on the content page. By default the panel is invisible. To implement this i executed the following steps: 1. Set AutoPostBack of tacontainer to true 2. Wrote an event handler for ActiveTabIndexChanged event of the tab container 3 Wrote the following code on Tab changed event   if (TabContainerEmpPerformance.ActiveTabIndex == 1) { ...

Label control's text doesn't appear to be set (in the page which has a user control )when trying to update the text property in the FormView's ItemUpdated event
Hi There,I have a user control which hosts a formview control, gridview control and a label control. The grid view is usedto show rows in the DB and when clicked to edit each row, a form view opens up in edit mode with that particular row info. So I have nothing in the item template.My first question is..is it mandatory to have smth in the itemtemplate of the form view.I have controls in edititemtemplate and insertitemtemplate.When a particular row is edited, I would like to show a status msg showing that the row has been updated.For this, I use the ItemUpdated event of the formview and try ...

Ajax controls don't work when i have this in my master page

Multiple ModalPopUp controls on single page
I am attempting to create a page with multiple modalpopup extenders.  However, I want to set focus on a specific control when the modalpopup is shown.  The control is in a panel/update panel (see below) 1 <cc1:ModalPopupExtender 2 ID="ModalPopupExtender1" 3 runat="server" 4 TargetControlID="txtIssueLongDescription" 5 PopupControlID="pnlLongDescription" 6 BackgroundCssClass="modalBackground" 7 DropShadow="true" 8 OkControlID="btnpopupLDescSave" 9 CancelControlID="btnpopupL...

Repeater Containing Custom Control Doesn't Work With Page ViewState On Unless I Don't ReBind...
I have create a custom composite drop down list control that does not save view state for all properties.  There is a requirement that this contol work in a Repeater.  I have tested the contol in a repeater in various ways.  This is my first post ever, so I apologive if I have provided too little, too much or the wron info. Note: The Repeater was always created in the aspx file.  1) Page.EnableViewState = true , and my control added to the repeater programmatically via the ItemDataBound event. 2) Page.EnableViewState = false, and my control added to the repea...

report viewer control, how to set to page height, height=100% doesn't work
Unlick the with=100%, setting the height=100% does not cause the control to have the page height, any ideas how to accomplish this?...

Master Pages, User Controls, and Textbox Watermarks don't seem to work so well with autopostbacks
I'm not sure what's going on but I have a Master Page, and on that master page I have a scriptmanager, Atlas Textboxwatermark object and a textbox with a watermark text set.Then inside my content place holder I have an upatepanel and then in there a scriptmanagerproxy, and another textboxwatermarkextender.  Then I have several textboxes with watermark text set. All works find and dandy, until I added a dropdownlist with Autopost back true.If I select an option from the dropdown list, it autoposts and then I notice the textbox inside the materpage area, loses it's textwa...

Controls on page don't show up on page
I am using .net 3.5 on a website. Most of the website is in html and the rest I have added some aspx pages using VS2008. I have moved our web pages to a new host and everything works fine except that on the aspx pages none of the controls such as textboxes, buttons do not show up on the page. All of the controls are contained within form tags and if I view the source the code for the controls is in the source. everything outside of the form tags shows up on the page. Everything works fine on the development machine. Thanks. Hey, When you say "everything works fine" in t...

Value of the control at Master page is not being set from the content page
I am trying to set the value of the control at Master Page from the child page(content page) but the value of the control at master page is not changing.."Hope its your Solution so Mark it as Answer"Ahmad SheikhMicrosoft Valuable Geekhttp://sharpcontents.blogspot.com Here is a good tutorial on doing this from scott. http://www.odetocode.com/Articles/450.aspx here is the part you are looking for I think. Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, _                     &...

Finding a control in the master page from within a control on the "child" page....
I've seen several examples of finding controls, but I'm struggling with this.  I want to turn a panel to visible and set a label's text field from within a control... All the examples that I've seen, including the really good one at MSDN2 shows Master.FindControl.  When I use that, it says Master is not declared.  Is there an easy way to set the panel and the label from within the control? Am I close? '---------- My Master page...abbreviated... <%@ Master Language="VB" CodeFile="Secure_Master.master.vb" Inherits="MasterPage" %><%@ Register TagPrefix="cc" TagName="men...

Master Page
I am using a master page for a website (Vs 2008) . I am facing two problems - 1. In the Login page, I am hiding the logout hyperlink. After the user logs in successfully , I'm setting the visibility of the logout hyperlink to true. But then, when I navigate to another page, the logout button disappears -  forcing me to redo setting the visibility in every page. 2. I have a similar problem with an Image in the page too. When I change the image in the content page after login, it reverts back to the existing image in the master page ( this I guess is because the master page loads...

Web resources about - with a theme set in a child page, setting attributes of a control in the master page don't work - asp.net.navigation-controls

Attribute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Template:Attributes of God - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Language: English Română Home Random Template:Attributes of God Part of a series on the Attributes of God Aseity Eternity Graciousness Holiness ...

Six Attributes Of The Perfect Facebook Page Administrator
So, here’s the thing: In many ways, hiring a Facebook page administrator is akin to hiring a poster child for your brand. This trusted manager ...

PANDA: Pose Aligned Networks for Deep Attribute Modeling - Facebook
We propose a method for inferring human attributes (such as gender, hair style, clothes style, expression, action) from images of people under ...

Facebook announces data partnerships to help advertisers target users by offline purchases and attributes ...
... will anonymously match data from consumer loyalty programs with user profiles in order to target ads by offline purchase habits and other attributes. ...

New Study Attributes Rapid Ageing Mainly To Environment Factors
New study explains why some people age faster than others.

Should I use the nofollow attribute on internal links? - YouTube
Regarding "nofollow" on internal links: Does it hurt? Does it help? I read different comments from Matt on this matter over time. What's the ...

Justin Trudeau attributes abortion stance to father's example
Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau says he is following an example set by his famous father when it comes to his position on election candidates and ...

Obama attributes western U.S. wildfires to climate change
... that has burned nearly 400 square miles in the north-central part of Washington state, along with blazes in other Western areas, can be attributed ...

Fifty Shades Of Grey Baby Births: Windsor Hospital Sees Spike In Births, Attribute Book
A significant spike in baby births at a hospital in Windsor, Ontario, has been attributed to the book Fifty Shades of Grey, which has become ...