Trouble controlling .net controlls with CSS

 I am trying to control the :hover css property on <asp: Button> controls. Basically the css is working correctly to set the initial look of the button, but nothing is happening when I hover over the button. Here is my code:

CSS:

.sidebarButton
{
    width: 168px;
    height: 45px;
    background-color: #666666;
    text-align: left;
    font-weight: bold;
    font-family: Century Gothic;
    font-size: 13pt;
    color: White;
    border-style: none;
}
.sidebarButton:hover
{
    background-color:#000000;
}

ASP.NET:

                    <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server"
                    Text="Instruction"
                    CssClass = "sidebarButton"/>
                    <asp:Button ID="workButton" runat="server"
                    Text="Button"
                    CssClass = "sidebarButton"/></td>
                    <asp:Button ID="Button3" runat="server"
                    Text="Reporting"
                    CssClass = "sidebarButton"/></td>
                    <asp:Button ID="Button4" runat="server"
                    Text="Certification"
                    CssClass = "sidebarButton"/></td>

any help is greatly appreciated!

0
bhulse

I suspect you're using IE6, right? IE6 doesn't support :hover on anything but the anchor (<a>) tag. IE7 has compelte supoprt for hover on all block elements.

To get it working in IE6 you'll need to resort to javascript; hve a quick serch for "ie6 hover" ad you'll find a bunch of solutioons. Which you go for depends upon your comfort level with script; the first one I came across was http://snipplr.com/view/1912/internet-explorer-ie6-css-hover/.

0
Dave

Custom Control within a Control Control

Making the .NET calendar control as a floating control
Hi, I need to implement the .NET calendar control as a floating control. Is it possible to do that? If so, can you let me know how to do that?With Regards,Saravana Kumar M R  You could use the calendar extender control in the AJAX control toolkit. You can download the toolkit here, and there is a sample here.My Blog...

What is the real difference between Server Controls and .NET controls?
This was a class discussion question and I'd like to know, what exactly are the differences? Is there a clear answer? .NET framework controls are server controls. The only difference that I can think of is that the .NET controls are part of the FCL (Framework Class Library). HTH,RyanRyan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThttp://ryanolshan.comHow to ask a question...

Add .Net Control to Web Custom Control

Architecture: .Net Controls vs. Custom Controls
I'm interested in managing users. i.e. Logins and profiles, etc.My question is, should I be using things like the Login control or should I program these from scratch? I dont like the fact that .NET creates so many things for me. This level of abstraction terrifies me and it feels like I have no control over the code .I've done a few huge sites in Classic ASP (million-hits-per-day type sites) and I'm not sure how robust certain controls are, or when to use them.Is, for example, the Login control aimed at newbies to .NET? Should it be used for the larger projects with thousands of...

DW control in VB. NET custom control
Hi Just attempting to investigate some DW.NET aspects. In regards to building a ancestor object with VB.NET, why is when I create a datawindowcontrol custom control that any reference to it is like (assuming that u_dw is the name of the DW control): custom_control.u_dw.DatawindowObject = "myDW" instead of simply: u_dw.DatawindowObject = "myDW" If I create a .NET custom control with a button on it, I can directly reference the button's methods and properties without having to qualify it with the custom control's name. When I was developing with po...

ajax.net controls used in custom composite controls?
I am creating an events calendar that uses the accordion to display the events for the selected day.  The problem I'm having is that the accordion is not responding to any client side events.  I would really like to find a good "How to" article for building composite controls that incorporate an ajax.net control like the accordion....

using a .Net Control as activex control in VCL form
Hi , We have a to integrate a simple .Dot CSharp control which needs to be integrated into bcb2010 VCL form as a control. We will place the control on the VCL form along with other VCL controls's. I tried creating a simple .net control using a lable+textbox and trying to use in vcl form. I have made the assembly comvisible and generated tlb files and .bpl for the component. I could see the component in "ActiveX" tool palette. But when I drag the object onto VCL form and try to access its attributes I run into problems. I am not able to see .net control on the vcl at runti...

communication b/w html controls and .net server controls

How to validate controls on a .NET 2.0 Web user Control
Hi Guys, (ASP.NET 2.0 / C#) I've looked thorugh every post on validating web user controls (and know about Pter Blum's Professional Validation and More package) - but can't seem to get my head around whre to start. I have a web user control, called wucICL.ascx on a we page called AddEditInvestment.aspx.  I would like to validate a couple of DropDownLists (ddlAccounts and ddlContacts) when the Insert and Update buttons are clicked on the AddEdit Investment page. The other controls on the AddEditInvestments page belong to a validation group called All Validators and the DropDownL...

User Control VB.Net x Web Custom Control
I was thinking in create a user control in VB.Net, and use it in a Asp.Net as possible? So I thought about it is gonna be better than make a Web Custom Control, so i thought again, nope... But i need to know better because a don't have a progress bar in asp.net for example.... Could Somebody tell me about??? in a reallity i know the asnwer but i would like to explain by myself... Thank's Antonio...

How do you control the placement of controls in a user define control
I have a user define control.  I put the control on the (C# Visual Studio 2008) page where I want them. When I run the program, the controls are all over the page.  How do I place them where they do not move form where I put them? You'll need to study the HTML output and see what it's producing, then start to look at how to do an HTML layout. hi, there are absolute and Relative position in html. I guess you must use relative position. For example, at design-time, you place a TextBox below an Image, at run-time, no matter what size is the image, the TextBox is alway bel...

Trying to load a control into a control from another control
Exactly as the subject states, I'm trying to load a control into another control from a control loaded into a page, I keep getting this error from the code I have below. I've also tried the findcontrol but it keeps coming up null. (67): 'System.Web.UI.UserControl' denotes a 'class' where a 'variable' was expected UserControl ut = ((webcontrols.BrowseItems)UserControl).LoadControl("BrowseItems"); ((webcontrols.BrowseItems)UserControl).pnl_browse_main.Controls.Add(ut); This is how we Load User controls into a content place holder. try { UserCont...

Web resources about - Trouble controlling .net controlls with CSS - asp.net.navigation-controls

Talk:Controlling for a variable - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is within the scope of the WikiProject Statistics , a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of statistics on Wikipedia. If ...

Controlling What You Share on Timeline - Facebook
Facebook and Privacy hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Controlling What You Share on Timeline geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen Text hier lesen. ...

VidReverse-Reverse Video by controlling video speed and by adding your own music to video easily on the ...
Get VidReverse-Reverse Video by controlling video speed and by adding your own music to video easily on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, ...

Controlling a Computer with Eyes - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Some folks know I work with assistive technology, and this shot is one from many I took in the last few days at a conference in Phoenix. This ...

4 year old little girl feeding and controlling 6 pitbulls - YouTube
As you see this video check out this other video of 2 kids playing with 3 huge pitbulls they just met in a pet store : https://www.youtube.c ...

Controlling the minds of cockroaches using Microsoft's Xbox Kinect
Late last year, you were introduced to real, live, remote-controlled cockroaches. Well, the insect hackers at the North Carolina State University ...

CONTROLLING CHAOS: Twitter's Wild Ride From Doodle To IPO
CONTROLLING CHAOS: Twitter's Wild Ride From Doodle To IPO Business Insider Australia “We apologise if the following profile lacks our usual ...

Matthew Leveson's boyfriend was controlling, inquest hears
A fortnight before Matthew Leveson disappeared, his boyfriend told another man: 'If I wasn't with Matt, I'd be with you'.

Dying to be clean: The new technique for controlling feral cats
Cleanliness may be next to godliness unless you're a feral cat, in which case, cleanliness may get you a place next to god. In kitty heaven, ...

Fears Of Telstra controlling NBN - Nextgen - AAPT - Optus - HarbourIT - Budde
The NBN was supposed to create a level playing field, but there are fears that Telstra could still exert bottleneck control over access to customers, ...