synchronizing content pages to master page when master page is edited

 Hi Guys,

I'm new to designing websites so please forgive this basic question.

I've updated my master page and the modfications ( adding a couple of extra place holders)  are not reflecting in the content pages.

Is there any way we can update the content pages created before the changes to the master page were made.

Thanks a lot  :)

0
abhinaynag

abhinaynag:

I'm new to designing websites so please forgive this basic question.

I've updated my master page and the modfications ( adding a couple of extra place holders)  are not reflecting in the content pages.

Is there any way we can update the content pages created before the changes to the master page were made.

Hi abhinaynag,

I cannot understanding your problem well.

But I think to know the lifecycle of the MasterPage will be very usefule to solve this problem, see this article in advance,

http://www.odetocode.com/Articles/450.aspx

Please reframe your problem more in detail if you still do not know how to solve the problem.

Hong-Gang Chen
Microsoft Online Community Support
Hong

Change content pages of Master Page without Master Page posting back?
so Master + content pages seems like exactly what I want except that they are assembled on postbacks. I am trying to make a site where both Master and Content pages have updatepanels, and the site switches content pages (40+ content pages) without the master page refreshing. Master Pages are assembled on postbacks so I don't think simple master page will work without annoying postbacks. I tried an approach where load content pages inside an Iframe, but the content pages take too long to load becuase each content page loads its own scriptmanager. View/Multiview will probably work but dif...

Programmatically set a content pages Master page to another Master page which is nested in the original
Hello, I have a set up where I have a main masterpage that I use most of the time but occasionally I need to swtch to another masterpage which is actually nested to the main masterpage. The switch needs to happen between postbacks from one content page to another. The problem I'm having, is that it is giving me an exception that it cannot find the content place holders in in the main master page. I have overriden the OnPreInit event of the content page where I check a session variable to see if I need to load the nested page or the main page. When I try to load the page I am presented ...

HELP..... Master Page Error (The page has controls that require a Master Page, but none is specified.)
Hi, I had almost finished creting my master page to use as a template for all future internal applications.  I had created a template to use in creatign new applications and had sucessfully created a new project based upon the MasterPage template... All was working well when I noticed a small graphic inconsistancy on the MasterPage... I reopened the MasterPage and I got teh above error message... I have looked at the HTML and everything seems to be okay and there including the header lines... <%@ Master Language="VB" CodeFile="MasterPage.master.vb" Inherits=&qu...

Show content in both Master Page ContentPlaceholder AND Content Page Content control
I note that by default or rendering rules, when you add content/controls to the Content Page ASP:Content control matched to a Master Page ContentPlaceholder, any content/controls in the matching Master Page ContentPlaceholder is not displayed. Is there a setting that can be made to merge or show both content/controls in the Master Page ContentPlaceholder and content/controls in the matching Content Page Content control? Thanks         Don't think so. If you specify a content control in your page then whatever is in there displays and anything in the...

Doing Postback from master page to page in master's content place holder(search page)
Hi, Currently I am trying to do a postback which returns results. The master page has a textfield and button and the button redirects to the search page.The search page also has a textfield and button and when the button is clicked, the query statements take the input from teh user and looks for results. Currently, A Crosspage postback of master page + other pages in content place holder ------> master page+search page in content place holder works.I am trying to do a postback which returns results in master page+search page which gets its input from the textbox of the master page ...

2 master pages/both loades irrespective of the pages master page
I have 2 master pages One in application’s root directory and one in Admin folder  all .aspx file on the   Admin folder uses AdminMaster.Master  the same folder.  all file  in application’s root directory   uses Open.master in in application’s root directory itself I have noticed one thing when I browse a page with master page AdminMaster.Master   the  events in Open.master    (Page_Init, Page_Load) also executes ! why it is sowhat can I do to avoid this problem ?         ...

master page does not render the page link on content page.

HOW ADD .ASPX PAGE ( as content page) TO MASTER PAGE
hi friends, I have been trying to link  aspx pages to my master page ( which I created afterwards) without any success. I know how to do it when it comes to normal procedure i.e. first create a master page and then content pages. I have a different situation, I already have aspx pages  and now i created a master page but I am unable to link them. I tried  imitating the code from a content page created using normal procedure but thats also not working. Please do help me in this regard, Thank you Prince, Just create a master page and then create a child page. Ch...

Problem Accessing Page Controls in a page that has a master page.
Hi,  I have a problem with accessing the controls of a page that has a masterpage. I am trying to access the Page.Controls from the code behind in the class file but no controls are returned.I can access single controls (ex. txtAddress.Text) but not the whole array of controls (ex. Page.Controls).  The controls structure is..                                 MasterPage  >  PlaceHolder > MyPage.aspx &n...

Content controls are allowed only in content page that references a master page.
HiI'm getting the above error with my application.Basically I had a master file and then some page files referencing the master file.In the page files I had some ajax controls so had :<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" Runat="Server"><atlas:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server"></atlas:ScriptManager>in them.but when I try adding an ajax control to the master file and putting the above code in, it shows the error messagewhy would this be?thanks!  Make sure you have prop...

Using an Update Panel in a Content page of Master.page/content.page scenario
When I place an Update Panel inside a content page of a Masterpage I get the following error: Element 'UpdatePanel' is not a known element. This can occur if there is a compilation error in the Web site.  Is the Update Panel suppose to work with a content page, etc.?  Can't seem to find any Docs that talk about where the Update Panel is allowed. Warren     Well, don't you know it.  Right after I put out the original post, I then downloaded the latest release of the ajax extensions and it looks like they have fixed the problem with the update panel not working ...

Web resources about - synchronizing content pages to master page when master page is edited - asp.net.navigation-controls

Synchronizing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Android App OStream Speeds Up Facebook Experience By Synchronizing Content In Background
Facebook’s newly revamped Android application was rebuilt with a focus on speed, and startup oStream wants to help users of devices on that operating ...

Twitter for iOS and Mac refreshed, gain support for synchronizing DM statuses
Twitter has updated both its iOS and Mac apps with the release of Twitter 5.8 for iPhone and iPad, and Twitter 2.3 for Mac. Both apps now correctly ...

Synchronizing The Speed Of Your Brand
How fast do you want your brand to grow? Even the question is loaded. At a time when rapid seems to be the only desirable speed for everything, ...

Joe Sumner: Synchronizing Crowdsourced Movies
Sting's son has a startup that stitches together crowdsourced video to make movies

Gamasutra - Features - Synchronizing Threads in Java-Based Games
The next version of Quake won't be written in Java, but some games do lend themselves to the language. With that in mind, here are some ways ...

Patent US7127509 - System and method for synchronizing objects between two devices - Google Patents
A synchronization system synchronizes objects between a portable computer and a desktop computer. The portable computer is capable of communicating ...

CheerLights: Synchronizing Christmas lights around the globe
They say that the holidays are a time to gather with others, which usually translates into spending time with friends and family. The folks at ...

BitTorrent Brings File Synchronizing Service Sync to NAS Devices
BitTorrent today announced its Sync file synchronization tool has gained support for network-attached storage (NAS) devices. The company has ...

Synchronizing contacts to iPod touch - iLounge Article
Q: How do I download contacts from my email accounts to my iPod touch? I have tried Yahoo, GMail and Hotmail accounts, but I’m only getting ...