Show Different content pages based on selction in master page without refreshing

Hi All,

I have a master page which hold a tab consisting of 10 different tab items, where each tab items data should be shown in each content page.. I know that using update panel we could avoid postbacking of a control, but i need to move from one content page to another, without refreshing the whole page, how could i do it ?

Please help me, Its very urgent

Thanks in advance,

rprinfo
0
rprInfo

 What about using another approach , what about MultiView control inside your UpdatePanel

http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/ctrlref/standard/multiview.aspx

Hosam Kamel

Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you
0
HosamKamel

Thanks a lot for your quick reply, but your answer doesn't satisfy my needs,

I want to split it up into pages, i can't keep all my controls related to 10 tab items in a single page...., which would slow up my applications  performance,

The ultimate goal is to split up into pages and show different pages without postbacking the whole page, i just want the contentplace holder of master page to be replaced by different content pages based upon the tab item selection in master page,

Am i conveying clearly?

How does ajax sites work in this manner, please give me clear solution that could help me,

Thanks in advance,

rprinfo

rprinfo
0
rprInfo
10/15/2007 3:51:25 PM

OK , what about split them into user controls and load this user controls dynamically depend on the tab. ?

Hosam Kamel

Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you
0
HosamKamel

In fact, the MasterPage play as a server control of content page at run time, but not like a iframe. About how the master page works, you can read this article: http://odetocode.com/Articles/450.aspx

So if you want to change to another content page, it actually redirect to a new page. The whole page must be refreshed.

But I think you can use user control instead of tabs. Or you can use iframe to implement it.

Hope it helps.

Amanda Wang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Amanda
10/16/2007 8:44:10 AM

Hi

 Good Day.

 Can you please post me some links which shows the second approach to use the user controls for avoiding the total page refresh.

 Best Regards & Wishes,

 Satyam Kumar.

0
Satyam

Show content in both Master Page ContentPlaceholder AND Content Page Content control
I note that by default or rendering rules, when you add content/controls to the Content Page ASP:Content control matched to a Master Page ContentPlaceholder, any content/controls in the matching Master Page ContentPlaceholder is not displayed. Is there a setting that can be made to merge or show both content/controls in the Master Page ContentPlaceholder and content/controls in the matching Content Page Content control? Thanks         Don't think so. If you specify a content control in your page then whatever is in there displays and anything in the...

Refresh a content page without refreshing master page
Hi, I am creating website.In that web site i am using ajax with master page. i have menu button in master page. When i click a menu item ,it will redirect to another page. How can i refresh only content page when i click the menu item( i tried updatepanel placing in master page ,but it is not working). Please ANy body help me, Thanks in advance.Shivakmar Dagam you may get some help at ASP.NET AJAX > The UpdatePanel Control > Using the UpdatePanel Control with Master Pages Thanx, [KaushaL] || BloG || Profile || Microsoft MVP"I would love to change the world, but they won’...

Refresh a content page without refreshing master page #2
I am developing a website using ajax+Masterpage concept .In my master page ,i have menu controls .The problem is when i click a menu control i want refresh only content page,not total page. So many people said you cant do it.But one day i saw a website  i.e http://www.codegod.de/WebAppCodeGod/Main.aspx How it is possible friends, Please tell me . Thanks in advance.Shivakmar Dagam Putting your content inside an iframe is probably the best way to do that.  Overusing the UpdatePanel for site navigation (as in that example you linked) is generally a mess to work with and ma...

content page doesn't show master page if master is in different project
    Hello all. I have added a master page to my main project whcih has sub projects under it. If I add a content page in a sub project and reference the master page, the designer doesn't find the master. This is a WAP converted from a 1.1 project. The master page shows up at runtime. Does anyone know how to have the designer see the master? Thanks,Bill You may copy the master page into your sub project. There is no built-in feature of sharing master page in different projects....

CSS not accessable from content page when Master Page and Content Pages are in different folder.
I can't seem to find a solution to this problem.  I have a master page and content pages and a CSS file all in the root folder.  I have created a sub folder called News and have added a content page that references the master page in the root directory with the following: MasterPageFile="~/Default.master". The issue is that the page in the News folder is not picking up the CSS styles from the master page.  Has anybody else ran into a problem like this and was able to find a solution? Any help would be greatly appreciated? Thanks, Neeraj    N...

Change content pages of Master Page without Master Page posting back?
so Master + content pages seems like exactly what I want except that they are assembled on postbacks. I am trying to make a site where both Master and Content pages have updatepanels, and the site switches content pages (40+ content pages) without the master page refreshing. Master Pages are assembled on postbacks so I don't think simple master page will work without annoying postbacks. I tried an approach where load content pages inside an Iframe, but the content pages take too long to load becuase each content page loads its own scriptmanager. View/Multiview will probably work but dif...

Load different content pages in content place holder without refreshing the whole page using ajax
Hi, I have built a ajax enabled website, where i have a master page which holds a content placeholder, and two content pages, where one is the home screen and another is a dashboard, a menu is placed in master page , by default home page is made to display, when the menu item dashboard is clicked , the the contentplace holder should load the dashboard page without postbacking the whole page, how to do that through ajax? Pleas help me...... Its very urgent, I am stucked......rprinfo hello. i'd say that you cannot do that in your scenario. i'd refactor the site and transform the ...

Replace content page or user control without refreshing page.
I want to do something like this. I have many content pages, they have a common header, menu and each have their own submenu. when I choose one item from the menu. the according content is being shown.   I have been searching for days now, if anyone has any suggestion, please tell me.   The best case is putting the header and menu in a master page and content pages in their own .aspx I am told that this may not be possible, so I am considering other solution. I am trying a master page with header and an empty content page. putting contents in different user control (.ascx)...

I doubt this is possible but... load up a content page without showing the master page...
Is it possible to load up a content page without loading up the master page? Or, have a content page that can be loaded by multiple master pages? The reason I ask is I have a page that I want displayed as a regular page in a browser, but also to use it as a popup-like page using Ajax and floating divs.  Any Ideas / thoughts?The Killer Ninja Coding Monkeys thank those that mark helpful posts as answers.My Site | My Examples | My Blog I don't believe there is any way to load a content page without a master page, but you can certainly have multiple master-pages that the content p...

Master Page Loads without Content page server controls data
My question is I have a Master Page, Content Page, and Code Behind File. I have some asp tags for Server Controls between the Content ID in the Content  Page. However, the code in my code behind is obviously not being ran because when I run the Content page my controls are empty. Could someone please tell me what is going on?   Thanks In Advance, Ronald hi, try using reinstalling the framework and register the aspnet in iis by aspnet_regiis -i, otherwise post the samplePlease Mark as Answer if it helps you...

How to render Content Page in master Page Without Full Page Postback
Hi,     I have Created an Web Application in which i hav one Master Page and  ten Content pages.In the Home page i hav a list of hyperlink buttons (<li>Hyperlink1,Hyperlink2,Hyperlink3</li>),so these hyperlinks actually direct to the content pages. I wanted to know how can i render only the content page without a full page page load again with the master page , with an Ajax effect. Thank u for the help Harsha   hello. well, you can't. i think you should redesign your site so that the content is defined by several web user controls another opti...

Web resources about - Show Different content pages based on selction in master page without refreshing - asp.net.navigation-controls

Moke (墨客) — A Refreshing Weibo Client (刷新你的微博体验) for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store ...
Get Moke (墨客) — A Refreshing Weibo Client (刷新你的微博体验) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

NSW election: Leaders' conduct makes a refreshing change
One of the most encouraging things to come out of Saturday night was Luke Foley's apparent willingness to join Mike Bard in lifting political ...

Socceroos certain also-rans: how refreshing
Australia is the 62nd-ranked soccer country in the world. In the other team sports dearest to Australians' hearts, there are not even 62 countries ...

WAG culture: Mirka Federer made a refreshing change
It really shouldn't be headline news, not in 2014, but so faultlessly has Mirka Federer conducted herself in the five years she has been married ...

Refreshing taste of diplomacy
The Scandinavians are heading south.

Refreshing way to brew a sector newbie
Nexba: refreshing way to brew an iced tea sector newbie

Justin Trudeau's Abortion Tweet About Women Is Pretty Refreshing
At a time when it can feel like women's rights are being determined by people who aren't, frankly, affected by them, one Canadian politician ...

Tea's refreshing change
Li Jiayi and her friends are happy to spend 1,000 yuan between them over a pot of tea.

This ‘Refreshing’ Document Review Job Ad Is Actually Just Annoying And Unprofessional
Does this company want document review attorneys or “camp counselors?” Continue reading » Follow Above the Law on Twitter or become a fan on ...

Coke Zero Even Makes PowerPoint A Bit More Refreshing
... that’s enough to suspect it’ll get passed around the office by basketball lovers. The post Coke Zero Even Makes PowerPoint A Bit More Refreshing ...