Show content in both Master Page ContentPlaceholder AND Content Page Content control

I note that by default or rendering rules,

when you add content/controls to the Content Page ASP:Content control matched to a Master Page ContentPlaceholder,

any content/controls in the matching Master Page ContentPlaceholder is not displayed.

Is there a setting that can be made to merge or show both

content/controls in the Master Page ContentPlaceholder

and

content/controls in the matching Content Page Content control?

Lannie

Don't think so. If you specify a content control in your page then whatever is in there displays and anything in the matching contentplaceholder does not display. If you wan tthem both to display why don't you put whatever you currently have in the contentplaceholder on the masterpage directly onto the master page (or into a regular placeholder on the master page if you want to be able to show and hide it based on something going on) and then leave the contentplaceholder empty and that way when your page is rendered you'll always get both sets of content renderd (unless you put the stuff you currently have in the contentplaceholder in a placeholder and set its visibility to false.)

If this post answered your question please remember to 'Mark as Answer'!
0
bpag

Problem to use TreeView Control in a 'content page' This Error Occur "Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that contains Content controls."
hi I am trying to use the TreeView Control inside the content page (Page that has a master page is a content page). On compiling the project I got the following ASP.Net runtime error: "Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that contains Content controls."B@b@R J Issue resolved. I was putting script tag in the content page that is not allowed. when remove the script from content page problem is resolved.B@b@R J...

Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that contains Content controls.
 Hi all,I am using gridview to display data add i am using checkbox so that when a person  chech  the box it display information regarding that.At local server its run fine but when i upload this on website it gives following exception.Offending URL: http://www.vcsmindia.com/studentRegistrationDetails.aspxSource: System.WebMessage: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.Stack trace: at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPo...

Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that contains Content controls.
Hi Friends, I created one Master Page.In this I created one Default.aspx .Here I added Content Place Holder,here I am doign the program which is realted to Regisration  Form. I wrote the javascript in source code of content place holder.But its not supporting the java script and its showing the errors in the script(it is in bold in the following source code)I wrote the code like following<%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPage.master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" Title=&qu...

Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that contains Content controls.
Hello I got this error message whenever I place this script below on my inline code: this.RegisterClientScriptBlock("keyClientBlock", "<script>alert ('Javascript block of code executed')</script>");             Please advice.Thanks  Try this: this.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock(this.GetType(), "key", "script");HTH   My Blog Thanks for the reply but doesn't work for me :(I tried placing the script on string variable before...

Content controls are allowed only in content page that references a master page.
HiI'm getting the above error with my application.Basically I had a master file and then some page files referencing the master file.In the page files I had some ajax controls so had :<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" Runat="Server"><atlas:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server"></atlas:ScriptManager>in them.but when I try adding an ajax control to the master file and putting the above code in, it shows the error messagewhy would this be?thanks!  Make sure you have prop...

convertion from page to content page or from user control to content page
Hi, I have converted an asp.net 1.1 application to 2.0.  Now what I am looking for some enhancement.  I added a master page and now I want to add other pages as content pages. but those pages which I am converting into content have some user control. Now either I can convert those user control to content pages ( which i want to look for if it is possible),  Or I am thinking i shouldn't convert those user control to content pages cause they might be just good. So looking for some of those people opinion who have worked through this so can I get opinion here please.thanks&nb...

Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that contains Content controls. #2
Hi, Trying to add:  Response.Write("<script language='javascript'>window.open('PO_export.asp?C=" + sql + "'); </script>") Getting error (in subject).  Anyone help? Thanks, Mark Why don't you try to add the javascript in the head section of the page.Bind GridView to Dynamically created DataTable | Bind DataTable to DropDownListMy Blog Hi Mark, Based on your description, the issue is error message appears when you add JavaScript code to the content page. After reviewing your code, I find nothing wrong with it. I...

error: Content controls are allowed only in content page that references a master page.
 I have a website that uses a masterpage. most of my users have no problem; but few get the error bellow. I was never able to duplicate the error.   ex.message: Content controls are allowed only in content page that references a master page.Stack trace:    at System.Web.UI.MasterPage.CreateMaster(TemplateControl owner, HttpContext context, VirtualPath masterPageFile, IDictionary contentTemplateCollection)   at System.Web.UI.Page.get_Master()   at System.Web.UI.Page.ApplyMasterPage()   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean in...

Error:Content controls are allowed only in content page that references a master page?!!
 Hello All I have a web application, it is working well in localost without any error but when I upload it to the host it show me the error below:Any suggestion? I have not seen this error beforePlease any helpRegards, Server Error in '/' Application. Content controls are allowed only in content page that references a master page. Description: Anunhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current webrequest. Please review the stack trace for more information about theerror and where it originated in the code. Ex...

Contents of Master Page doesn't appear in the contents of the Content Page !!
I created the Master Page, & I created the content page as I read in many books & articles: Website>>add new item>>web form>>check the Select master page>>add Then, only the content box appeared. What should I do?? thanks What did you place in your Master page? If you only use a simplest master page with only 1 ContentPlaceHolder and 1 Lable (don't put the Lable inside ContentPlaceHolder), would the Label appear in content page?Welcome to my SQL/ASPNET forum for Chinese http://51up.org/bbs/forumdisplay.php?fid=38 pic. of master &...

Need to access a Label Control on the Master Page from a user control attached to a content page
Hello all, I have a master page (say  site.master)  with a status Label in it. I have a content page ( say content.aspx)  that has a user control (say usercontrol.ascx). One of the Button Click Events in the usercontrol.ascx needs to pass on some text onto the status label on the masterpage(LabelStatusMsg) and display it. I have been able to do this directly off a content page (content.aspx) by using the following code (VB)  on the master page <%@ MasterType virtualpath="~/site.master" %> and Dim mpLabel As Label = CType(Master.FindControl("LabelStatusMsg"),...

Web resources about - Show content in both Master Page ContentPlaceholder AND Content Page Content control - asp.net.navigation-controls

ASP.NET - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
ASP.NET is a server-side Web application framework designed for Web development to produce dynamic Web pages . It was developed by Microsoft ...

Issues - nhaml - A .NET implementation of the Haml templating engine - Google Project Hosting
My favorites ▼ - Sign in nhaml A .NET implementation of the Haml templating engine Project Home Downloads Wiki Issues Source New issue Search ...

Archive
Articles Blog Videos Archive The Good, The Bad, and Everything In Between May 2014 Building Multiple Filters with Lo-Dash and AngularJS Compile, ...

What is ContentPlaceHolder control? A Webopedia Definition
This page describes the term ContentPlaceHolder control and lists other pages on the Web where you can find additional information.

Archive
Articles Blog Videos Archive The Good, The Bad, and Everything In Between Sep 2014 Features Of ES6 Part 5: The Spread Aug 2014 Karma Is Not Just ...